Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
fix yr hearts
Feb 9, 2011

things you cannot touch:
my heart

gannyGrabber posted:

Powergirl will look fine? The only character with NRS face is Raven.

Have you not seen Wonder Woman in this game?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

"I stood there, wondering why the puck was getting bigger...

and then it hit me."

Nahxela posted:

Yeah, I've seen a lot of the 112 continuation instead of the up1+3, but I'm super bad at landing the 112, so I just end it with the stomp :v:

Chances are high that you're trying to do the 112 string far too early. You need to wait until the opponent has fallen to around Black Adam's head or shoulder height before pressing the first 1. It's worth practicing because the damage increase and corner carry from something like b23 112 XX db1~MB dash b23u1+3 is no joke.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

So as Sinestro, what moves should I be using to get people off me? I often use d2 but that can get me into trouble if I use it all the time. df3 is fine, but it comes out too slow and as I see it it's better to use after d2 to throw the enemy away.

Off the top of my head...

I'm going to guess you mean df2 arachnid. If so, use it as a reversal on wake up when they try to pressure you. It's gotten buffs since the last patch that give you advantage on block and it hits a mid instead of high.

f2d13 is also great as a get off me combo string and hits mid, low, mid. You can cancel the second hit into a special (like shackles) or super (if you for some reason have enough meter for it). The full combo string will push your opponent close to full screen.

Standing 3 flip kick will get you distance, works as a sub-par anti air since it trades more often than not but it will give you some distance if it lands.

223 (-5 on block) will also work decently to give you some breathing room as the 3 will push close to full screen.

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Entrapta fucking loves robots

Grimey Drawer

nunsexmonkrock posted:

I'm pretty casual and don't do fighting games much. I just bought the game for Wonder Woman. So I'm not that good but I don't get why people get upset over it. It just boggles my mind.

I think I'm getting a little better every day with her though. And yes grabs get me all the time! But they tend to also get my opponents so it works out.

Okay. I just wanted to make sure that I wasn't doing anything wrong that's considered bad showmanship in a fighting game.

Thanks!

I'm super casual too, just play with goons more often. I still suck, but I am much better than when I started. I've also taken a step back to make sure I get the basics down like blocking and punishing instead of focusing on combos that I don't have the skills to pull off. The goon community is very accepting to casual players like us and, since winning by blow out gets boring, they will help you get better. :)

checkstock
Dec 18, 2011
I'm going to be on for a bit. If anyone wants to beat up an awful Batgirl, let me know!

GT is UtilityAxis

Edit:

So uh, I decided to play some player matches and what is it with people never not jumping? I know how hard it is to not jump a lot, but goddamn. It's okay to keep your feet on the ground for longer than a quarter of a second at a time.

checkstock fucked around with this message at 20:21 on May 30, 2013

nunsexmonkrock
Apr 13, 2008

Soonmot posted:

I'm super casual too, just play with goons more often. I still suck, but I am much better than when I started. I've also taken a step back to make sure I get the basics down like blocking and punishing instead of focusing on combos that I don't have the skills to pull off. The goon community is very accepting to casual players like us and, since winning by blow out gets boring, they will help you get better. :)

If I see a room start in the thread and I'm around I'll join. That's just only happened once though. :)

WW's air tiara throws aren't as bad as I thought they were. In the air it out zoned Nightwings electric ground attack and his jumping thrown batarang things. Maybe it will work on Superman's air heat vision. Demigodess' Might only works 50/50 for me when I use it on him.

checkstock
Dec 18, 2011

nunsexmonkrock posted:

If I see a room start in the thread and I'm around I'll join. That's just only happened once though. :)

WW's air tiara throws aren't as bad as I thought they were. In the air it out zoned Nightwings electric ground attack and his jumping thrown batarang things. Maybe it will work on Superman's air heat vision. Demigodess' Might only works 50/50 for me when I use it on him.

Also, don't be afraid to hit people up for 1v1s. Sometimes KoTH and survivor gets pretty old when the rooms get crowded and grinding out games against someone that doesn't hate you and everything about you because you do unfair things like try to play like you're not brain damaged is actually pretty useful for getting better if that's something you want to do.

Rugpisser
Aug 1, 2007

PHONES DOWN...PHONES DOWN IN THE BACK
Can you complete the daily challenges in the online practice mode?

nunsexmonkrock
Apr 13, 2008

checkstock posted:

Also, don't be afraid to hit people up for 1v1s. Sometimes KoTH and survivor gets pretty old

That's pretty much all I do, I just go into a room and challenge 1v1, unless I accidentally accept a KotH match. I wouldn't mind a voyeur only option on KotH for times when I just want to watch, because it's tedious sometimes when I just want to play.

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Grimey Drawer

nunsexmonkrock posted:

That's pretty much all I do, I just go into a room and challenge 1v1, unless I accidentally accept a KotH match. I wouldn't mind a voyeur only option on KotH for times when I just want to watch, because it's tedious sometimes when I just want to play.

If you're on the 360 add GT Soonmot, I'll always respond if I'm around in another game/netflix.

nunsexmonkrock
Apr 13, 2008

Soonmot posted:

If you're on the 360 add GT Soonmot, I'll always respond if I'm around in another game/netflix.

ps3

zombiesrock

nunsexmonkrock
Apr 13, 2008
Good game Voodoo :)

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

nunsexmonkrock posted:

Good game Voodoo :)

Good stuff from you too, I rarely see Wonder Woman so I was kind of clueless on what to do with myself except try to do my hammer swing and hope a combo came out. Plus my terrible excuse is I got distracted a bit near the end but by then I was kinda done for anyway. :v:

Will have to rematch you later though for sure.

nunsexmonkrock
Apr 13, 2008

Yardbomb posted:

Good stuff from you too, I rarely see Wonder Woman so I was kind of clueless on what to do with myself except try to do my hammer swing and hope a combo came out. Plus my terrible excuse is I got distracted a bit near the end but by then I was kinda done for anyway. :v:

Will have to rematch you later though for sure.

For the record I do know more than one combo. The other starts with a Hard but I don't use it much because I always accidentally do back hard.

Looking forward to the rematch.

nunsexmonkrock
Apr 13, 2008
That supes still beat my catwoman.

nunsexmonkrock
Apr 13, 2008
Good game again Voodoo.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

Great games, but man did I feel like I lucked out any time I won against that Wonder Woman, that huge skillset's got so many tricks around. Also I should probably never play Nightwing against competent people for now. Felt like such a spaz trying to even get off the most simple combos.

nunsexmonkrock
Apr 13, 2008

Yardbomb posted:

Great games, but man did I feel like I lucked out any time I won against that Wonder Woman, that huge skillset's got so many tricks around. Also I should probably never play Nightwing against competent people for now. Felt like such a spaz trying to even get off the most simple combos.

The wins with Grundy were very legit. I always have problems with him.

Edit: And Black Adam.

Not Death stroke though ha ha. :newfap: <-- I haven't seen this one before.

nunsexmonkrock fucked around with this message at 03:18 on May 31, 2013

Squallege
Jan 7, 2006

No greater good, no just cause

Grimey Drawer
Is there a room you guys are in? I see Voodoo's online at least

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

Gaseous Snake posted:

Is there a room you guys are in? I see Voodoo's online at least

We just ended up bumping into each other. I'm usually hanging around the unofficial beginner room, probably about to hop in there again.

Edit: Snake has given me a newfound dislike of Batgirl, but all I can do to combat it for now is just play Superman and spam like a pansy. :v:

Yardbomb fucked around with this message at 04:17 on May 31, 2013

Squallege
Jan 7, 2006

No greater good, no just cause

Grimey Drawer

Yardbomb posted:

We just ended up bumping into each other. I'm usually hanging around the unofficial beginner room, probably about to hop in there again.

Edit: Snake has given me a newfound dislike of Batgirl, but all I can do to combat it for now is just play Superman and spam like a pansy. :v:

Those were some good matches though.

rawdog pozfail
Jan 2, 2006

by Ralp
It would be so cool if the best PS3/360 goons were able to duke it out somehow.

rawdog pozfail
Jan 2, 2006

by Ralp
Lots of people on tonight , throwin up a goOon room for some survivor! Or 1v1s if anyone wants to do that as well obviously! (XBL)

SuddenBlackout
Apr 3, 2004

I sho' is hungry
Gonna stream it for those on ps3 who cant play cause they suck.
http://www.twitch.tv/suddenblackout

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Grimey Drawer
Thanks for the games, guys. Glad I finally got some Joker parries in there.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Good games 360 Goonroom!

Happy to see we didn't end up split up because of the party chat. NRS needs to fix that lovely voice communication problem the lobbies have. Get on it Ed Boon.

SuddenBlackout
Apr 3, 2004

I sho' is hungry
GGs tonight, lots of fun was had. Stream is archived on my channel if you wanna re watch any matchups or something.

Arikado
May 9, 2008

SuddenBlackout posted:

GGs tonight, lots of fun was had. Stream is archived on my channel if you wanna re watch any matchups or something.

Upload a YouTube video of rubdown Hawkgirl highlights.

Awesome Andy
Feb 18, 2007

All the spoils of a wasted life
GGs 360 goons, sorry about the lack of a microphone and screwing up the bane matchups.
I need to figure out some decent combos with Ares because I'm running out of shenanigans once I teleport behind someone.

Awesome Andy fucked around with this message at 08:50 on May 31, 2013

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

and then it hit me."

Because I like seeing people freak out about tier lists it could potentially promote interesting discussion, here's a link to a tier chart (like a list but in two whole dimensions!) made by REO and Tom Brady: http://www.mmcafe.com/tiermaker/inj...l%20Rounded-x47

My first thoughts are that Ares seems lower than I would have expected and Wonder Woman being so far on the "well rounded" side seems wrong to me, too.

nunsexmonkrock
Apr 13, 2008

Shadow Ninja 64 posted:

here's a link to a tier chart (like a list but in two whole dimensions!) made by REO and Tom Brady: http://www.mmcafe.com/tiermaker/inj...l%20Rounded-x47

My first thoughts are that Ares seems lower than I would have expected and Wonder Woman being so far on the "well rounded" side seems wrong to me, too.

Do people actually care about these things rather than just having fun?

But to add to the discussion Wonder Woman would be more rounded if her tiara wasn't so hard to hit someone with.

checkstock
Dec 18, 2011

nunsexmonkrock posted:

Do people actually care about these things rather than just having fun?

But to add to the discussion Wonder Woman would be more rounded if her tiara wasn't so hard to hit someone with.

Considering that fighting games have a pretty thriving competitive scene where anyone can get involved with relatively small monetary investment and with tournaments that are open to pretty much everyone, yes they do. A lot of people do.

nunsexmonkrock
Apr 13, 2008

checkstock posted:

Considering that fighting games have a pretty thriving competitive scene where anyone can get involved with relatively small monetary investment and with tournaments that are open to pretty much everyone, yes they do. A lot of people do.

Monetary? People pay to play a game? Where can I do this at? - Chicago

Edit: Actually it doesn't matter. I'm not paying to play anyway.

Unbound
Dec 11, 2012

Atlantis for best map

All others are bugged...

Awesome Andy posted:

GGs 360 goons, sorry about the lack of a microphone and screwing up the bane matchups.
I need to figure out some decent combos with Ares because I'm running out of shenanigans once I teleport behind someone.

b2d4 and d1d4 are the two best things to come with after that teleport. They can easy string into more great things.

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

and then it hit me."

nunsexmonkrock posted:

Monetary? People pay to play a game? Where can I do this at? - Chicago

Edit: Actually it doesn't matter. I'm not paying to play anyway.

http://gallopingghostarcade.com/

If you've been paying attention to this thread during the past couple major tournaments, you may have seen me reference various players like GGA Dizzy, GGA Jeremiah, GGA Slips, etc. Well the GGA is Galloping Ghost Arcade and just happens to have a bunch of the strongest MK and now Injustice players play there at least weekly for sessions.

nunsexmonkrock
Apr 13, 2008
I had no idea. Do people make a living off of this? Maybe I can convince the ball and chain that video games make money and I'm not just having fun and slacking off. :rock:

Edit: I'll be on PSN if anyone wants to spar or whatever for an hour.

nunsexmonkrock fucked around with this message at 09:40 on May 31, 2013

rocket USA
Sep 14, 2011
^ Nope. It's a fun hobby and you can win decent beer money from local tournaments and money matches but even the absolute best full-time players in the country barely scrape by, especially compared to players in games like Starcraft or League of Legends.

Shadow Ninja 64 posted:

She really is extremely well-rounded though. Like, her zoning from further than half/three-quarters screen isn't good/existent but other than that she doesn't have holes in her gameplan at all.

CaptCommy
Aug 13, 2012

The fool doth think he is wise, but the wise man knows himself to be a goat.

nunsexmonkrock posted:

I had no idea. Do people make a living off of this? Maybe I can convince the ball and chain that video games make money and I'm not just having fun and slacking off. :rock:

Edit: I'll be on PSN if anyone wants to spar or whatever for an hour.

The FGC has enough money to support like 5-10 players tops. You'll get beer money though, and paid tournaments are a great source of competition.

Jmcrofts
Jan 7, 2008

just chillin' in the club
Lipstick Apathy
I made a tier chart too cuz it's fun. I put batgirl off in the corner because I've never played as or against her. It looks like a Christmas tree by coincidence only.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nique
May 18, 2006

I keep seeing WW regarded highly but I have barely (if ever) seen her at a tournament. What gives?

• Locked thread