Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Wolfsbane
Jul 29, 2009

What time is it, Eccles?

NAME REDACTED posted:

Is the point meant to be that in Britain, our society has conditioned us so far against "making a fuss" that even if our basic standard of living is eroded we will not do anything about it as a people except continue to complain in private, whereas in France the populace is much more socially and politically involved? Because if so, France actually seems to have it much better.

Yep, that his point, and he's probably right.

I went to see if any of his other cartoons are any good:

Nope.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sakarja
Oct 19, 2003

"Our masters have not heard the people's voice for generations and it is much, much louder than they care to remember."

Capitalism is the problem. Anarchism is the answer. Join an anarchist union today!

NewtGoongrich
Jan 21, 2012
I am a shit stain on the face of humanity, I have no compassion, only hatred, bile and lust.

PROUD SHIT STAIN

Prism Mirror Lens posted:

I can see this is going to be an unpopular opinion, but men spreading their legs all the hell everywhere on public transport is kind of a problem. The Tumblr takes it too far, but I commute about an hour each way every weekday, and very often dudes will plonk themselves down both sides of me, actually shoving my legs out of the way with their own. I get that it's not comfortable to sit with your legs tight, but it's not all guys that do this, and I'm guessing the ones that do don't actually have the gigantic balls that would require that distance. It's also not very comfortable or pleasant for me to have my legs pressed together the entire time just so you can take as much room as you want!

This is central London, so to ask them to move would be so socially unacceptable as to make everyone on the carriage shrivel into a husk of embarrassment. And pressing your legs against a man's legs does not have quite the same effect as a man pressing his legs against yours...

I'm 6'4". How do you expect me to sit on the subway train or a bus? Would you expect a morbidly obese individual not to spill out on other passengers? Check your privilege heightist scum.

Those are two things that happened.

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

What is going wrong with that one (face is longer than it should be)

NAME REDACTED posted:

As a Briton, the thing I'm most concerned about here is that the water in the English kettle appears to be brown, thus setting this cartoon in a dystopian future where austerity measures have gone so far that the national water supply isn't even kept clean any more. Is the point meant to be that in Britain, our society has conditioned us so far against "making a fuss" that even if our basic standard of living is eroded we will not do anything about it as a people except continue to complain in private, whereas in France the populace is much more socially and politically involved? Because if so, France actually seems to have it much better.

This is the most poisonous thing in UK popular culture.

Vladimir Poutine
Aug 13, 2012
:madmax:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arthur_Stace

quote:

Arthur Malcolm Stace (9 February 1884 – 30 July 1967), otherwise known as Mr Eternity, was an Australian reformed alcoholic who converted to Christianity and spread his form of gospel by writing the word "Eternity'" in chalk on footpaths in Sydney over a period of approximately 35 years.[1] Only four known photographs of Stace exist, all of which were taken by Trevor Dallen for the Sydney Sun.

quote:

Stace was born in Balmain, in the inner-west of Sydney. The child of alcoholics, he was brought up in poverty. In order to survive, he resorted to stealing bread and milk and searching for scraps of food in bins. By the age of 12, Stace, with virtually no formal schooling, had become a ward of the state

quote:

Stace converted to Christianity on the night of 6 August 1930, after hearing an inspirational sermon by the Reverend R. B. S. Hammond at St. Barnabas Church, Broadway. Inspired by the words, he became enamoured of the notion of eternity.

quote:

Even though he was illiterate and could hardly write his own name Arthur, legibly, "the word 'Eternity' came out smoothly, in a beautiful copperplate script. I couldn't understand it, and I still can't."

quote:

The Sydney City Council brought him to the attention of the police as they had rules about the defacing of pavements, so much so that he narrowly avoided arrest around twenty-four times. Each time he was caught, he responded with, "But I had permission from a higher source".
Several mornings a week for the next 35 years, Stace left his wife, Pearl and their home in Bulwarra Road, Pyrmont around 5am to go around the streets of Sydney and chalk the word "Eternity" on footpaths, train station entrances and anywhere else he could think of. It is estimated that he wrote the word around 500,000 times over the 35 years.

quote:

In Sydney today, the word "Eternity" can still be seen written in three places:

On Stace's gravestone in Botany Cemetery.

Inside the bell in the General Post Office clock tower which had been dismantled during World War II. When the clock tower was rebuilt in the 1960s, the bell was brought out of storage and as the workmen were installing it they noticed, inside, the word "Eternity" in Stace's chalk. This is the only surviving "Eternity" by Stace's own hand in Sydney. (No one ever found out how Stace had been able to get to the bell, which had been sealed up).

In Town Hall Square, between St Andrew's Cathedral and the Sydney Town Hall. When the area was redeveloped in the 1970s, a wrought aluminium replica of the word in Stace's original copperplate handwriting was embedded in the footpath near a fountain as an eternal memorial to Stace.

As a tribute to the man known as Mr Eternity, the Sydney Harbour Bridge was lit up with the word "Eternity" as part of the celebrations for the beginning of the year 2000.[3]

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

When this commercial was posted the comments were enabled. Now they are disabled. See if you can guess why.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kYofm5d5Xdw

More Later
Mar 31, 2010

zoux posted:

When this commercial was posted the comments were enabled. Now they are disabled. See if you can guess why.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kYofm5d5Xdw

The mom is sitting with her knees slightly apart? HAhaah HAAhaha AHhaha Ha. :suicide:

"A Bahraini girl is carried by her mother during the May 28 funeral of 26-year-old Sayed Omran Sayed Hameed, who died after developing respiratory complications that his relatives claim were due to the inhalation of poisonous tear gas that riot police used during a protest earlier in the month."

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

More Later posted:

The mom is sitting with her knees slightly apart? HAhaah HAAhaha AHhaha Ha. :suicide:

I was going to go with "race mixin' "

Deceitful Penguin
Feb 16, 2011

Prism Mirror Lens posted:

I can see this is going to be an unpopular opinion, but men spreading their legs all the hell everywhere on public transport is kind of a problem. The Tumblr takes it too far, but I commute about an hour each way every weekday, and very often dudes will plonk themselves down both sides of me, actually shoving my legs out of the way with their own. I get that it's not comfortable to sit with your legs tight, but it's not all guys that do this, and I'm guessing the ones that do don't actually have the gigantic balls that would require that distance. It's also not very comfortable or pleasant for me to have my legs pressed together the entire time just so you can take as much room as you want!

This is central London, so to ask them to move would be so socially unacceptable as to make everyone on the carriage shrivel into a husk of embarrassment. And pressing your legs against a man's legs does not have quite the same effect as a man pressing his legs against yours...

Why do women always talk about the balls? Why not the length of feet, shape of pelvis or even the bad cuts on jeans nowadays? And please don't tell men how balls are and operate, it's very condescending. Size is not the issue but sensitivity.
hahahahaha
Sorry, I got suspended from the page I got that original pic for this sort of thing. I don't think that anyone was denying how deeply uncomfortable it is for women when this happens. Or at least I wasn't. Both the fact that there is a stranger ramming his knees into you and the fact that by doing this they're taking room from you are both poo poo and you shouldn't have to put up with it.
The disconnect here is with the fact that a man would deal with this problem by employing his, loving english, uhh, uhhh, unexamined, privilege? Subconcious? Eh. He'd react with the usual jostling, say "Please move your legs" or something along those lines. This wouldn't be a problem for him, mostly.

It's why women can't do this that's gist of the problem, it seems to me. The way that they're socialized to "not cause a fuss", to take up less space and put up with having less space. Empowering women to be comfortable to take the space they need. I dunno how you'd fix the discomfort from being touched by strangers though, I guess I'm just not well versed enough to know. Eh.

http://machoikollektivtrafiken.se/
Have another tumblr with more or less the same theme, where men spread their legs.

Crocuta
Nov 6, 2004
wakkawa
The talk about WWI reminded me:

Snazzy hats and dog-pulled machine guns, Belgium can't lose.

Apparently the Belgians retained dog-pulled machine guns until the end of the war, this picture is dated 1919.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

Barry Foster posted:

This is the most poisonous thing in UK popular culture.
It's a shame that its sibling poster never got that amount of attention.

Action Jacktion
Jun 3, 2003

http://www.theworld.org/2013/05/northern-ireland-town-fakes-prosperity-for-g8-summit/

R. Mute
Jul 27, 2011

What a horrible adaptation. Here are two versions of the better original.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aEDBkK_BthA
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5M90oFjSlx8

Crocuta posted:

Apparently the Belgians retained dog-pulled machine guns until the end of the war, this picture is dated 1919.

IIRC, dogs were quite popular in such functions, not only in the Belgian army. It makes sense. Dogs are small targets, easily trained, cheap and readily available.

platedlizard
Aug 31, 2012

I like plates and lizards.
Dog carts have a long and honorable tradition in farm work, they were used primarily to haul produce to market. They are also the lazyman's way of exercising your dog.

e. "Dog cart" is also another term for a dog wheelchair, which makes sense because dog wheelchairs aren't actually chairs. Here's a video of a boarder collie trying out her new cart.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0q_m4bny768

platedlizard fucked around with this message at 18:38 on May 31, 2013

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Every moment that I'm alive, I pray for death!

Crocuta posted:

Others have found, shall we say, more direct uses for dogs in combat.

The Observer
Jan 16, 2010

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

^^^ DUMB AND SO CRAZY! I agree with the message but I hate the "look at this neanderthal of a man, with all that hair!" thing it's got going on.

"The decade that changed Brazil"

RealityApologist
Mar 29, 2011

ASK me how NETWORKS algorithms NETWORKS will save humanity. WHY ARE YOU NOT THINKING MY THESIS THROUGH FOR ME HEATHENS did I mention I just unified all sciences because NETWORKS :fuckoff:

Supposedly from Buenos Aires

Gay Abortions
Dec 12, 2007

The whole argument comes down to "please be more conscious of how much space you're taking up" versus "a thing I'm trained to do is more comfortable than not doing it." Keeping your legs closed when sitting is almost entirely a muscle memory thing, and you can train your body to adjust to one or the other with a little bit of conscious effort. Or just cross your drat legs.

Gay Abortions fucked around with this message at 19:27 on May 31, 2013

Cesar Cedeno
May 9, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 598 days!

Gay Abortions posted:

The whole argument comes down to "please be more conscious of how much space you're taking up" versus "a thing I'm trained to do is more comfortable than not doing it." Keeping your legs closed when sitting is almost entirely a muscle memory thing, and you can train your body to adjust to one or the other with a little bit of conscious effort. Or just cross your drat legs.

This whole "man leg room" thing has to be the god drat oddest thing I have seen creep up in D&D in some time.

If you are so drat repressed that you can't ask someone to move their legs/stuff over, you probably should not be using public transportation, if only for your own health. I can't imagine the terror fueled anxiety that must be that persons daily life if such a simple thing is such a huge deal. Then to covertly take a picture and passive aggressively bitch about it online instead of the simple non-issue of asking someone to make space is mind boggling.

It is a borderline neurosis. Most guys put no thought into how they sit, they simply sit and will simply shift if asked. Sure you'll run into a rude person or the occasional perv, but that is always a problem with public transit, it's hardly a unique gender-based sitting issue. I'm a grown man and I've been made to feel uncomfortable by assholes on the subway, but what can you do?

Cesar Cedeno fucked around with this message at 19:47 on May 31, 2013

Zeitgueist
Aug 8, 2003

by Ralp

Pobama posted:

This whole "man leg room" thing has to be the god drat oddest thing I have seen creep up in D&D in some time.

If you are so drat repressed that you can't ask someone to move their legs/stuff over, you probably should not be using public transportation, if only for your own health. I can't imagine the terror fueled anxiety that must be that persons daily life if such a simple thing is such a huge deal. Then to covertly take a picture and passive aggressively bitch about it online instead of the simple non-issue of asking someone to make space is mind boggling.

It is a borderline neurosis. Most guys put no thought into how they sit, they simply sit and will simply shift if asked. Sure you'll run into a rude person or the occasional perv, but that is always a problem with public transit, it's hardly a unique gender-based sitting issue. I'm a grown man and I've been made to feel uncomfortable by assholes on the subway, but what can you do?

The issue is the observation that men generally are more inclined to take up space and not think of others when on public transportation/seating. It's an example of a sort of unconscious male privilege. It's pretty irrelevant if the person did something about it, confronted the person, or whatever.

The fact that one person on Tumblr is a bit upset about it, doesn't make it less of an issue. It also isn't the end of the world, just another observation of how patriarchy affects society. I don't even see how it's a controversial thing, but we do get a lot of men who don't like to have their behavior examined in any sort of critical way whatsoever, so here we are.

Also the fact that women do it sometimes as well as about the weakest counter I can think of, along the lines of "well sure men can be sexist and mysogynistic but it's equally important that a relatively much smaller amount of women are sexist against men in a way that doesn't hurt them in any way".

AlternateAccount
Apr 25, 2005
FYGM

Computer freaks :(

What are ankle biters in this context?

vickser
Dec 27, 2012

Zeitgueist posted:

It also isn't the end of the world, just another observation of how patriarchy affects society.

If you keep using that word for such trivial examples, you'll find it quickly loses its meaning.

Zeitgueist
Aug 8, 2003

by Ralp

vickser posted:

If you keep using that word for such trivial examples, you'll find it quickly loses its meaning.

Oh we should only use the Bad Words to describe the issues you deem of sufficient importance. :allears:

Haven't seen that one trotted out since the Feminism thread was in this subforum.

Cesar Cedeno
May 9, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 598 days!

Zeitgueist posted:

The issue is the observation that men generally are more inclined to take up space and not think of others when on public transportation/seating. It's an example of a sort of unconscious male privilege. It's pretty irrelevant if the person did something about it, confronted the person, or whatever.

I'm not even sure that is in anyway an accurate observation though. It's a pretty shaky premise to take "rude people taking up more space in public than they need" and turn it into a gender issue.

In my experience while men do tend to stretch their legs out more (for various reasons) women tend to take up more overall space by sprawling out their belongings over multiple seats. I routinely see women who have their coat on one seat and their purse on the other so as no one can sit next to them, be they man or woman.

Dragging a phase like “unconscious male privilege” into such a universal yet trivial issue as how people sit (which is almost always to expedite their own comfort whenever possible, regardless of gender, because we like to be comfortable.) is just scraping the bottom of the barrel.

Edit: Forgot to describe my link: O-span, Bat loose in Congress.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N8pW7KTEbL8

Cesar Cedeno fucked around with this message at 20:27 on May 31, 2013

Zeitgueist
Aug 8, 2003

by Ralp

Pobama posted:

I'm not even sure that is in anyway an accurate observation though. It's a pretty shaky premise to take "rude people taking up more space in public than they need" and turn it into a gender issue.

In my experience while men do tend to stretch their legs out more (for various reasons) women tend to take up more overall space by sprawling out their belongings over multiple seats. I routinely see women who have their coat on one seat and their purse on the other so as no one can sit next to them, be they man or woman.

It's something that's been brought up in feminist circles, including threads here on SA, and if people have a serious interest in discussing rather than making GBS threads and running, then perhaps a dedicated gender issues thread might be a better location?

quote:

Dragging a phase like “unconscious male privilege” into such a universal yet trivial issue as how people sit (which is almost always to expedite their own comfort whenever possible, regardless of gender, because we like to be comfortable.) is just scraping the bottom of the barrel.

Something that's universal is a great place to be talking about patriarchy and male privilege, pretty much by definition. Whether it's trivial or not is irrelevant.

edit:

On topic for the thread, the pics I'm posting are, of course, a gender-swapped LOTR cast.

Gay Abortions
Dec 12, 2007

Pobama posted:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N8pW7KTEbL8
Except it's seriously a blatantly gendered issue that is almost entirely caused by gendered socialization, much like your random example of women having bags and coats and things that take up additional seating. Men are taught to expand and take up large amounts of available space while women are taught to remain compact and out of the way by just about every media source ever. Similarly, women are taught that they need to carry far more supplies to maintain themselves in their daily routine, which is why many more carry large bags or extra coats. If you want to talk about the gendered implications of women having to carry additional stuff for beauty and other maintenance they're expected to handle, we can have that discussion, but we're talking about the common phenomenon of men being inconsiderate of other people, especially women's, personal boundaries.

Look at these men who clearly are discomforted by taking up less space. I bet their pelvic bones and testicles are screaming in pain:

Cesar Cedeno
May 9, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 598 days!

Zeitgueist posted:

It's something that's been brought up in feminist circles, including threads here on SA, and if people have a serious interest in discussing rather than making GBS threads and running, then perhaps a dedicated gender issues thread might be a better location?

Something that's universal is a great place to be talking about patriarchy and male privilege, pretty much by definition. Whether it's trivial or not is irrelevant.

I'm sure it is something that has been brought up in feminist circles. That doesn't give it any validity however. There are some issues that are so basic and simple and universal to people as a whole that to infer that one gender is more a culprit than the other is nothing more than pointless and petty bickering.

I think this is a feminist version of "If all a woman has is a hammer, all problems look like nails."

The classic "The Front Fell Off"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WcU4t6zRAKg

Cesar Cedeno fucked around with this message at 20:24 on May 31, 2013

Zeitgueist
Aug 8, 2003

by Ralp

Pobama posted:

I'm sure it is something that has been brought up in feminist circles. That doesn't give it any validity however. There are some issues that are so basic and simple and universal to people as whole that to infer that one gender is more a culprit than the other is nothing more than pointless and petty bickering.

I think this is a feminist version of "If all a woman has is a hammer, all problems look like nails."

You know what's another issue that has been brought up in feminist circles, that shows a subtle example of male privileged behavior?

Dismissing examples of patriarchy as being minor and beneath concern, as "pointless and petty bickering".

:smugdog:

Womyn Capote
Jul 5, 2004

Is it really being misogynistic if someone likes to sit in a way that doesn't crush their balls? I fully expect a giant red custom in response to this question. Also, male actors have been playing female roles for a long time, are those gender-swaps supposed to be controversial or something? I don't understand the point of it unless its some kind of fandom thing.

Rhesus Pieces
Jun 27, 2005

So there are protests going on right now in Istanbul over the development of a shopping mall on one of the last green spaces left in the city. Police seem to have gone completely apeshit on them, and protests are starting to spread to other Turkish cities.

Turkish protester being blasted in the face with a water cannon.

Turkish soldiers handing out face masks to protesters being tear-gassed by police.

Turkish protester fitting a gas mask onto a child.

Another Turkish protester being blasted with a water cannon. There is speculation that this protester later died.

Another pic from protests today in Istanbul.

breadshaped
Apr 1, 2010

Soiled Meat
edit: ^^^ :argh:

Protests ongoing since the 25th in Istanbul. Crowds gather to stand in front of bulldozers and oppose the destruction of Gezi Park, the last public green area apparently.

An enormous amount of tear gas, plastic bullets and water cannons are being used against the people.

More can be found here: http://occupygezipics.tumblr.com/

Also this is being distributed to the crowds to inform people how to cope with and lessen the effects of tear gas exposure, is there something similar to this in english anywhere?

Rent-A-Cop
Oct 15, 2004

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

Pentagon's Unmanned Spokesdrone Gives Press Conference

Zeitgueist posted:

On topic for the thread, the pics I'm posting are, of course, a gender-swapped LOTR cast.
Please tell me where you're getting these from.

Zeitgueist
Aug 8, 2003

by Ralp

DONT CARE BUTTON posted:

Is it really being misogynistic if someone likes to sit in a way that doesn't crush their balls? I fully expect a giant red custom in response to this question.

It doesn't even have to be misogynistic. It's simply an example of different behaviors genders exhibit based on socialization.

quote:

Also, male actors have been playing female roles for a long time, are those gender-swaps supposed to be controversial or something? I don't understand the point of it unless its some kind of fandom thing.

It's a play on how we perceive characters based on gender, and it's interesting from the point of view of how we'd cast a movie that literally had to create parts almost entirely, in order to include women. Arwen's part doesn't really exist at all in the books.

It doesn't have to be controversial to be on topic for DnD.

Rent-A-Cop posted:

Please tell me where you're getting these from.

Here's the rest.

Cesar Cedeno
May 9, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 598 days!

Zeitgueist posted:

You know what's another issue that has been brought up in feminist circles, that shows a subtle example of male privileged behavior?

Dismissing examples of patriarchy as being minor and beneath concern, as "pointless and petty bickering".

:smugdog:

Except this is not an example of patriarchy. It is an example of people sitting. Some sit like this, some sit like that. But god drat it, you have a hammer and you're going to use it to uncork this wine bottle come hell or high water.

Further, as one poster accurately supplied above, if you use that word for every little thing, it ceases to have any meaning.

Speaking of hell, high water, and public transit, I wonder how the patrons of bus 62 were seated during this... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PP741kd2vRM

Cesar Cedeno fucked around with this message at 20:33 on May 31, 2013

The Anime Turnpike
Dec 30, 2010

Gay Abortions posted:

Except it's seriously a blatantly gendered issue that is almost entirely caused by gendered socialization, much like your random example of women having bags and coats and things that take up additional seating. Men are taught to expand and take up large amounts of available space while women are taught to remain compact and out of the way by just about every media source ever. Similarly, women are taught that they need to carry far more supplies to maintain themselves in their daily routine, which is why many more carry large bags or extra coats. If you want to talk about the gendered implications of women having to carry additional stuff for beauty and other maintenance they're expected to handle, we can have that discussion, but we're talking about the common phenomenon of men being inconsiderate of other people, especially women's, personal boundaries.

Look at these men who clearly are discomforted by taking up less space. I bet their pelvic bones and testicles are screaming in pain:

Oh yes those anecdotic pictures sure are scientific proof of ALL men being comfortable sitting like that. Now for more anecdotic evidence, if a woman (or any person) asked me to scoot, I'd scoot. It's such a non-issue, I find the problem is more on the side of the patriarchy teaching women to not make a fuss, than male comfortableness or dominance. It's a part of a much larger issue but by itself it just doesn't stand.

Gay Abortions
Dec 12, 2007

Pobama posted:

There are some issues that are so basic and simple and universal to people as whole that to infer that one gender is more a culprit than the other is nothing more than pointless and petty bickering.
:psyduck: Except the complaint is that men do this more than women, and are more inconsiderate of personal boundaries than women, and are taught to be more inconsiderate than women from an early age. Yes, people often expand to fill the available space. When there is a limit on space, men are more likely than women to take up unneeded space by, for example, spreading their legs or resting arms across backrests. This is often (via common socialization) considered invasive and threatening when it means they physically contact women they don't know.

In short, you see men bumping their knees into women all the time on transit, but you (almost?) never see women spreading their legs in a way where men sitting next to them have to hold theirs together to avoid contact.

platedlizard
Aug 31, 2012

I like plates and lizards.
I see far more women putting bags on the seats next to them than I do men spreading their legs to take up space, and I ride the bus frequently. Heck, I'm one of those women who puts her bag on the seat next to her because the floor is gross and my personal space is huge. I spread out in my way, guys can spread out in theirs. Anyone who needs that seat is free to ask me for it, and I do the same.

Part of a Triassic era ichthyosaur me and my dad found about two years ago in Eastern Oregon. Dad's been prepping out the fossil and recently found this jaw bone and teeth.

Ernie Muppari
Aug 4, 2012

Keep this up G'Bert, and soon you won't have a pigeon to protect!

Fandyien posted:

^^^ DUMB AND SO CRAZY! I agree with the message but I hate the "look at this neanderthal of a man, with all that hair!" thing it's got going on.

Why exactly? It's perfectly reasonable to point out the double standard in modern western culture where women are expected to be perfect hairless barbie dolls whereas men obviously look perfectly fine as is (regardless of how little effort any individual man puts into their own personal grooming regimen). It's the same sort of weirdass double standard that lets morons un-ironically claim that women look worse as they age than men which uhh...

...seems pretty unlikely from my perspective.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mans
Sep 14, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Jesus loving Christ this is the dumbest argument yet.

Lenin and Gorky. I think. Who the gently caress cares LET'S JUST LOOK AT THE WAY THEY'RE SITTING!

• Locked thread