Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Are you getting the Wii U?
This poll is closed.
Yes 9031 65.25%
No 1191 8.60%
Maybe 808 5.84%
I'm an idiot 460 3.32%
Waluigi 1603 11.58%
Waa 748 5.40%
Total: 13841 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Xavier434
Dec 4, 2002

Nickoten posted:

I know what you mean, and for me it's mostly the correct grammar and spelling. I'm used to kids who say things like this sounding like, well, little kids. Seeing the question posed in that way is kind of a kick in the nuts.

That did not even occur to me until now, but you are right. :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AlmightyBob
Sep 8, 2003

Crowbear posted:

Passwords were the best. I still remember a bunch of the passwords for Aladdin on the SNES :buddy:

Genie, Jafar, Aladdin, Abu for the Genie level which I used to love for some reason.

gently caress, time to dig out my SNES.

e: That game will be 20 this November :gonk:

JUSTIN BAILEY ------ ------

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

Crowbear posted:

Passwords were the best. I still remember a bunch of the passwords for Aladdin on the SNES :buddy:

Genie, Jafar, Aladdin, Abu for the Genie level which I used to love for some reason.

gently caress, time to dig out my SNES.

e: That game will be 20 this November :gonk:

If Disney liked money as much as they pretend to, they'd be stupid not to let Nintendo eventually put this on the E-Shop :colbert:

Zeeman
May 8, 2007

Say WHAT?! You KNOW that post is wack, homie!
Canadians: MH3U is $40 as today's Lightning Deal on Amazon.ca

Also, NSMBU used is listed for $15 on Future Shop and Best Buy Canada. No idea how long that price might be available for, or whether it's an error.

SyRauk
Jun 21, 2007

The Persian Menace

Handsome Ralph posted:

If Disney liked money as much as they pretend to, they'd be stupid not to let Nintendo eventually put this on the E-Shop :colbert:

They're already coming out with that updated DuckTales game. I wouldn't be surprised if, when that game sells well (and it will), they start pumping out other remastered titles. I would love to play those terribly difficult platformers all over again (looking at you stampede level from The Lion King)

Unrelated note: I finally got around to performing my Wii Transfer. The Pikmin loading/unloading screen is adorable.

SyRauk fucked around with this message at 18:18 on May 31, 2013

Crowbear
Jun 17, 2009

You freak me out, man!

SyRauk posted:

They're already coming out with that updated DuckTales game. I wouldn't be surprised if, when that game sells well (and it will), they start pumping out other remastered titles. I would love to play those terribly difficult platformers all over again (looking at you stampede level from The Lion King)

They're remaking Castle of Illusion too (well, they're letting Sega remake it). Not coming to the Wii U though.

And oh man, that Lion King level was brutal. I played the heck out of that game too though. I can't remember if any of those old Disney games were actually good but gently caress it I loved Disney movies and I loved my SNES so I played all of them.

pocketbelt
Oct 9, 2012

HRAH

Pixeltendo posted:

only on miiverse

The Wii U is a wonderful source of entertainment, even if you don't own one. I downloaded Super Ghouls 'n' Ghosts to see if I can finally beat what I never could, and I'm not sure I want to see what its community is full of.

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!

SyRauk posted:

Unrelated note: I finally got around to performing my Wii Transfer. The Pikmin loading/unloading screen is adorable.

It definitely was :3:

I did that before I realized my system had the disc read issue, I'm really hoping either all my data wasn't lost or the Wii U left it on my SD card or whatever. The Service Rep seemed to indicate it'd be fine (My older VC purchases at least).

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

Crowbear posted:

They're remaking Castle of Illusion too (well, they're letting Sega remake it). Not coming to the Wii U though.

And oh man, that Lion King level was brutal. I played the heck out of that game too though. I can't remember if any of those old Disney games were actually good but gently caress it I loved Disney movies and I loved my SNES so I played all of them.

The Aladdin game on the Genesis was genuinely a good game (some... miscreants will say the SNES one is superior). The Lion King game COULD be good if they remastered and it just didn't make it as loving hard as it was. Also Disney can make things right by throwing all copies of Epic Mickey and Warren Spector into a volcano

Crowbear
Jun 17, 2009

You freak me out, man!

Macaluso posted:

The Aladdin game on the Genesis was genuinely a good game (some... miscreants will say the SNES one is superior). The Lion King game COULD be good if they remastered and it just didn't make it as loving hard as it was. Also Disney can make things right by throwing all copies of Epic Mickey and Warren Spector into a volcano

It is me. I am the miscreant.

I didn't own a genesis until way later and never played that version of Aladdin :saddowns: I guess I should rectify that

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax

Crowbear posted:

It is me. I am the miscreant.

I didn't own a genesis until way later and never played that version of Aladdin :saddowns: I guess I should rectify that

Don't bother. Snes version is better.

Harry
Jun 13, 2003

I do solemnly swear that in the year 2015 I will theorycraft my wallet as well as my WoW
I was actually playing Megaman X last night and was laughing at points where I'm pretty sure a Miiverse post would pop up.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

greatn posted:

That is incorrect.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I love all the Ghouls n Ghosts games but someone should be paying me to play Ghosts n Goblins, not the other way around.

Did Megaman X come out on the WiiU VC already in the US? If so is there any time frame on the getting it in the UK yet?

Paper Jam Dipper
Jul 14, 2007

by XyloJW

Sakurazuka posted:

I love all the Ghouls n Ghosts games but someone should be paying me to play Ghosts n Goblins, not the other way around.

Start a Let's Play and :qq: when Nintendo takes the monetary stream.

Amppelix
Aug 6, 2010

AlmightyBob posted:

JUSTIN BAILEY ------ ------

ENGAGE RIDLEY MOTHER FUCKER :colbert:

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Is there word of any horror games coming to Wii U? I think the only one out there at the moment is ZombiU which I never got around to playing because the reviews put me off. I'm replaying the Wii Fatal Frame 2 remake and I was thinking that the gamepad would work pretty well in a game like this.

Paper Jam Dipper
Jul 14, 2007

by XyloJW
Chasing Aurora, which apparently tried to sell itself on being a game for hipsters has taken a permanent price cut to $7.99

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lbN7JEarigQ

Commissar Ken
Dec 9, 2006

Children STILL love me, dammit!

KimT posted:

Is there word of any horror games coming to Wii U? I think the only one out there at the moment is ZombiU which I never got around to playing because the reviews put me off. I'm replaying the Wii Fatal Frame 2 remake and I was thinking that the gamepad would work pretty well in a game like this.

I don't know of any in the pipeline but don't listen to the reviews, play ZombiU in the meantime.

Bread Set Jettison
Jan 8, 2009

KimT posted:

ZombiU is a fantastic game. It is definitely a launch title with some flaws, but one of the missions is the scariest thing in the world.

Don't play it expecting a Call-of-duty style endless bullets shooter. It's way more survival horror than that.

Also the multiplayer is fun, and if theres a sequel I hope they expand it.

That Fucking Sned
Oct 28, 2010

greatn posted:

One thing the Genesis version has going for it is the actual artists from Disney doing the sprites. However, the music is absolutely butchered, so it's a trade-off.

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!

KimT posted:

ZombiU got bad reviews because critics were expecting COD or L4D and instead got a survival horror. Play it.

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

greatn posted:

It's a bit misleading to say this. The SNES version doesn't look or feel or sound better than the Genesis one - they are literally two different games.

Doctor Hospital
Jul 16, 2011

what

Jet Set Jettison posted:

ZombiU is a fantastic game. It is definitely a launch title with some flaws, but one of the missions is the scariest thing in the world.

Don't play it expecting a Call-of-duty style endless bullets shooter. It's way more survival horror than that.

The scariest thing in the world is staring down more than two zombies and being completely out of ammo. I also thoroughly enjoy the way death works in ZombiU in that you lose everything your previous character was carrying plus all their weapon skills. It really makes a well-developed character seem that much more valuable.

I really hope that Ubisoft makes another game like it for the Wii U. I'd definitely buy it.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax

Lizard Wizard posted:

It's a bit misleading to say this. The SNES version doesn't look or feel or sound better than the Genesis one - they are literally two different games.

Yes and I think the SNES one is better. Superior sound and music, more colorful graphics, much superior platforming all around, tighter controls, game mechanics more in line with the character.

The Genesis one had better sprites but a limited palette, loose controls and loose hitboxes, terrible sound, bad platforming, and seemed like a generic dash and slash game they pasted the Aladdin characters over.

Paper Jam Dipper
Jul 14, 2007

by XyloJW
Aw sweet it's Grade 2 playground all over again!

Let me know when we get to Grade 4 so me and one other kid can fight over which Shadowrun is better.

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through

KimT posted:

Reviews are dumb, go play ZombiU.

Spiffster
Oct 7, 2009

I'm good... I Haven't slept for a solid 83 hours, but yeah... I'm good...

Lipstick Apathy
I should have bought ZombiU months ago but I've been blowin all my money on crack Virtual Console games. The deals as of late have been breathing life into the console that had Ben collecting dust for three or four months.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Gutcruncher posted:

ZombiU got bad reviews because critics were expecting COD or L4D and instead got a survival horror. Play it.

Soul Glo posted:

Reviews are dumb, go play ZombiU.

Shlapintogan posted:

The scariest thing in the world is staring down more than two zombies and being completely out of ammo. I also thoroughly enjoy the way death works in ZombiU in that you lose everything your previous character was carrying plus all their weapon skills. It really makes a well-developed character seem that much more valuable.

I really hope that Ubisoft makes another game like it for the Wii U. I'd definitely buy it.

Jet Set Jettison posted:

I just finished the demo and was pleasantly surprised - I actually really liked it. Just ordered it on Amazon. I would've bought it on the eShop except that it's £55 ($80)...

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Shlapintogan posted:

Ubisoft has already said they're "prototyping" a Zombi U 2, so it's likely they'll make another one at this point. Zombi U is a game that could really easily be turned into a franchise so I'm kind of excited for that.

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

This is me on vacation in Amsterdam :)
Never be afraid of being yourself!

Policenaut posted:

Ubisoft has already said they're "prototyping" a Zombi U 2, so it's likely they'll make another one at this point. Zombi U is a game that could really easily be turned into a franchise so I'm kind of excited for that.

Oh cool, I hope it tests well. The actual stressful nature isn't something you get in games often.

Paper Jam Dipper
Jul 14, 2007

by XyloJW

Chronojam posted:

Oh cool, I hope it tests well. The actual stressful nature isn't something you get in games often.

Yeah, it's kind of why while I enjoyed it, I couldn't play it.

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

This is me on vacation in Amsterdam :)
Never be afraid of being yourself!

Maybe they should add a "bright sunny day with birds chirping" option for people who can't handle it :v:

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

I actually kind of liked Dead Island for its depiction of a sunny tropical paradise but with zombies. It's a nice twist from the perma-night of most zombie games. If only the games weren't janky as hell.

Commissar Ken
Dec 9, 2006

Children STILL love me, dammit!

Chronojam posted:

Maybe they should add a "bright sunny day with birds chirping" option for people who can't handle it :v:

Only if like 30 minutes in the birds just keep watching you and start dive bombing on you from the sky. Really just build some panic attacks here. It'd be great.

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

What's kind of silly about ZombiU is that a zombie will run at you and then kinda slap at you. Reminds me of the pit scene in Army of Darkness.

Dr. Video Games 0050
Nov 28, 2007
I love how there's absolutely no chatter about anything interesting on the WiiU after all this time since release.

We're talking about purchasing 20 year old games again, a launch title and just absolutely nothing else.

I can't wait to hear what E3 has in store - the sad thing is I'm keeping this system for only a few games - things loving dustay

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Dr. Video Games 0050 posted:

I love how there's absolutely no chatter about anything interesting on the WiiU after all this time since release.

We're talking about purchasing 20 year old games again, a launch title and just absolutely nothing else.

I can't wait to hear what E3 has in store - the sad thing is I'm keeping this system for only a few games - things loving dustay

People were talking about that new Sonic game.

big mean giraffe
Dec 13, 2003

Eat Shit and Die

Lipstick Apathy

Commissar Ken posted:

Only if like 30 minutes in the birds just keep watching you and start dive bombing on you from the sky. Really just build some panic attacks here. It'd be great.

ZombiU: Birdemic edition.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!

So Nintendo is definitely doing a cross country promotional tour type deal.
https://www.nintendo.com/wiiu/events/tour

• Locked thread