Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

Plexiwatt posted:

Erickson not only asks viewers to look to animals for moral guidance, but is also completely wrong about how sex operates in the animal kingdom. :psyduck:

He is in danger of forming a quantum singularity of error.

Well if Erickson says we should look to animals for moral guidance I'm going to take a page out of the lion's playbook and kill the offspring sired by another male so that their mother will go into heat and be receptive to my sexual advances. :v: I mean, if animals do it it can't be wrong, right?

Darkman Fanpage fucked around with this message at 15:31 on May 31, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pangstrom
Jan 25, 2003

Wedge Regret
Guys, he handled the lion thing already. Male lions are the animal kingdom's MSNBC. These other species you mention are NPR and Al Jazeera and BBC etc. He's talking about the good straightforward natural animals.

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012
Like penguins. Good 'ol gay penguins...

TASTE THE PAIN!!
May 18, 2004

Since somebody posted that Freakazoid clip, my first times hearing Rush's name as a kid came from that and the April fool's issue of Gamepro. (Lamepro :haw:) I seem to remember it being a Sonic parody, with Rush appearing in a crudely made image of a bloated bullfrog creature.

poor nose
Oct 29, 2005

So is there an e-mail address we can all swarm with facts from the animal kingdom of women in the breadwinner position?

notthegoatseguy
Sep 6, 2005

Fulchrum posted:

Edit: He was also in Amazing Spider-Man as a crime boss for some reason.

The film Amazing Spider-Man from a year or two ago or the comic book series? Because I've seen and read both and I don't remember it at all.

notthegoatseguy fucked around with this message at 17:03 on May 31, 2013

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost

poor nose posted:

So is there an e-mail address we can all swarm with facts from the animal kingdom of women in the breadwinner position?

Haha you think this will change anyone's mind.

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

notthegoatseguy posted:

The film Amazing Spider-Man from a year or two ago or the comic book series? Because I've seen and read both and I don't remember it at all.

My guess is that he's saying Rush looks like The Kingpin, because they're both fat.

ashgromnies
Jun 19, 2004

WoodrowSkillson posted:

Or you know, bears. Not like "mama bear" is synonmous with being large, angry, and violent at all.

Uhm, yes, and that's why black women are so uppity and angry </foxnews>

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer
Anyone seen this yet?

Bill O'Reilly is still a huge rear end in a top hat, albeit a hard-working one who at least has his own opinions (terrible as they may be the vast majority of the time). He also apparently hates Hannity, so there's that. I may just have to give the book the article is excerpted from a read, seems interesting.

Walter
Jul 3, 2003

We think they're great. In a grand, mystical, neopolitical sense, these guys have a real message in their music. They don't, however, have neat names like me and Bono.

Monkey Fracas posted:

Anyone seen this yet?

Bill O'Reilly is still a huge rear end in a top hat, albeit a hard-working one who at least has his own opinions (terrible as they may be the vast majority of the time). He also apparently hates Hannity, so there's that. I may just have to give the book the article is excerpted from a read, seems interesting.

My first thought was, "He hates Hannity? I may have to reassess my dislike of O'Reilly."

And then I read it, and as it turns out, he hates Hannity because they're direct ratings competitors and he doesn't like that Hannity's ratings are at roughly the same level as his.

So it's back to, "Bill O'Reilly is a loving child, and a petulant one at that." He just doesn't like that someone else besides him is getting attention. It's most likely the same reason he doesn't care for Limbaugh.

O'Reilly is exceptionally predictable in his narcissism.

Jerry Manderbilt
May 31, 2012

No matter how much paperwork I process, it never goes away. It only increases.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vKPXo0ytRZM

Megyn Kelly's take on Erickson's :biotruths: bullshit.

Zuhzuhzombie!!
Apr 17, 2008
FACTS ARE A CONSPIRACY BY THE CAPITALIST OPRESSOR

Monkey Fracas posted:

Anyone seen this yet?

So they're organized like Stalninsts. Not surprised.

agarjogger
May 16, 2011
"Coming around on Bill O'Reilly" is a common mistake made by people who watch his debates with Jon Stewart and decide he is arguing in good faith. When in truth, Jon just tends to accept his terms and framing, and they argue in Bill's wheelhouse all show which pleases Bill tremendously. When Jon asserts things that do not fit into any sort of conservative framework for understanding the world, Bill cleanly ignores them and coughs up an unrelated talking point. This is a service he does for his friend Jon, because if it were anyone else he would be screaming RED STALINIST SCUM! Billo is insufferably whiny, infuriated by on-air challenges, boldly mendacious and then indignant about his casual lying habit, and just a generally lazy, seemingly half-drunk useless motherfucker. You know it in your heart, because after all these years of partisan rancor and yielding to the GOP on almost every possible issue, he still insists on calling himself an independent (groan).

Why wouldn't Bill hate Hannity (apart from 'hating Hannity' being a servicable Voight-Kampff test)? They're both prima donnas in the Xtreme-newschat segment, and work in the same building. Hannity does some stuff that Bill probably endorses in the long culture war, but doesn't personally engage in because that doesn't fit his painstakingly-cultivated public persona.

Gianthogweed
Jun 3, 2004

"And then I see the disinfectant...where it knocks it out in a minute. One minute. And is there a way we can do something like that. Uhh, by injection inside..." - a Very Stable Genius.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=73QXyNci-e0

Awful song making fun of slutty fox news women and their hooker shoe fetish. The singing is atrocious, but it made me laugh.

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

Jerry Manderbilt posted:

Megyn Kelly is occasionally fairly progressive (for Fox, at least) when it comes to women's issues, but she's still mostly an awful shill on everything else.

Jerry Manderbilt
May 31, 2012

ReidRansom posted:

Megyn Kelly is occasionally fairly progressive (for Fox, at least) when it comes to women's issues, but she's still mostly an awful shill on everything else.

Yeah, she has some good moments (e.g. "Is this math that you as a Republican do to make yourself feel better?"), but most of the time I know not to listen to her.

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the one percent,
Berninating the Wall St.
Berninating all the people
In their high rise penthouses!
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻
Elephant herds are matriarchies led by the oldest, largest female. Makes drift away at adolescence, and form much less cohesive bachelor pods where they compete. They only return to the herd proper to mate.

With poaching and habitat destruction, adolescent males often find themselves with nothing to lose,and they go on destructive rampages.

You can probably see some symbolism there.

agarjogger
May 16, 2011

Jerry Manderbilt posted:

Yeah, she has some good moments (e.g. "Is this math that you as a Republican do to make yourself feel better?"), but most of the time I know not to listen to her.

I'm pretty against heaping laud and relieved acclaim on conservatives who sometimes forget themselves and say a thing that is true. Those people are even worse because they clearly know better.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
Oh shut up, you can say 'yea she's decent on a topic' without 'heaping laud' on them. Of the fleet of 'pretty blonde ladies who tell you everything is scary' Kelly is the best of that lovely crop. She's not a hero or even that decent, but sometimes she says things that go against FNC's narrative and that's good.

poor nose
Oct 29, 2005

Jerry Manderbilt posted:

"I mean wouldn't you classify this pepper spray as a food additive like salt?" In reference to the massive pepper spraying of students at UC Berkley, Yea she's a real statue of standing up for the little guy.

Typical Pubbie
May 10, 2011

Tatum Girlparts posted:

Kelly is the best of that lovely crop. She's not a hero or even that decent, but sometimes she says things that go against FNC's narrative and that's good.

I'd genuinely like to see a clip of Kelly going against the FNC's narrative. Getting tipsy on election night before throwing Karl Rove under the bus when it's clear your side lost is funny, but not laudable for some one who argues against things like mandatory maternity leave when she's stone sober.

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

Typical Pubbie posted:

I'd genuinely like to see a clip of Kelly going against the FNC's narrative. Getting tipsy on election night before throwing Karl Rove under the bus when it's clear your side lost is funny, but not laudable for some one who argues against things like mandatory maternity leave when she's stone sober.

What? No, she was defending maternity leave.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UMiipGGdHIs

But I'd agree that she does pretty much only go against standard conservative dogma when it benefits her directly.

limeincoke
Jul 3, 2005

Heroes of the Storm
Goon Tournament Champion

Jerry Manderbilt posted:

Holy poo poo those two guys are so condescending to her that entire segment.

"let me just finish what I'm saying Oh'Dominant one. :smuggo:"
"Watch out, Lou! :smuggo:"

They're treating her like some token woman who's speaking out of line. That fat guy actually enrages me. His chin constantly jiggles throughout the entire segment, since he never stops laughing at Megan.

A Winner is Jew
Feb 14, 2008

by exmarx

limeincoke posted:

They're treating her like some token woman who's speaking out of line. That fat guy actually enrages me. His chin constantly jiggles throughout the entire segment, since he never stops laughing at Megan.

Wait wait wait... which one is the fat one between Erick son of Erick and Lou Dobbs?

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

A Winner is Jew posted:

Wait wait wait... which one is the fat one between Erick son of Erick and Lou Dobbs?

Erick son of Erick.

agarjogger
May 16, 2011

ReidRansom posted:

What? No, she was defending maternity leave.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UMiipGGdHIs

But I'd agree that she does pretty much only go against standard conservative dogma when it benefits her directly.

That's even more conservative than those who would ignore their own personal needs to keep being a team player.

Tatum Girlparts posted:

Oh shut up, you can say 'yea she's decent on a topic' without 'heaping laud' on them. Of the fleet of 'pretty blonde ladies who tell you everything is scary' Kelly is the best of that lovely crop. She's not a hero or even that decent, but sometimes she says things that go against FNC's narrative and that's good.

Sure, you can. But why would you? They're all poo poo and awful and need to go away. Anyway, having a tiny amounts of dissent on-air at Fox is worse than none at all, because people like my dad who fancy themselves independents take a little back-and-forth as ironclad proof of its ultimate objectivity.

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

Jerry Manderbilt posted:

Oh God Erik Erickson is one creepy fellow. That "Thank you~" sent chills through my bowels.

Jerry Manderbilt posted:

She's sold her soul to the beast that is Fox News.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

agarjogger posted:

Sure, you can. But why would you? They're all poo poo and awful and need to go away. Anyway, having a tiny amounts of dissent on-air at Fox is worse than none at all, because people like my dad who fancy themselves independents take a little back-and-forth as ironclad proof of its ultimate objectivity.

Yes, but the fact remains they aren't going to go away. So while they're here, it's good to see dissension.

foot
Mar 28, 2002

why foot why
Megyn Kelly might be her family's primary breadwinner since her husband is an unemployed CEO. Which would also explain her passion for the issue following the "It matters when it happens to me" theory of Republican policymaking.

SwimmingSpider
Jan 3, 2008

Jön, jön, jön a vizipók.
Várják már a tólakók.
Ez a kis pók ügyes búvár.
Sok új kaland is még rá vár.

limeincoke posted:

I actually loving love that bit, because she never lets it get to her and clearly comes out on top to the end of the clip. Those two are trying desperately to activate the magic Boy's Club Paternalism Barrier but it never works.

Say what you want about Kelly, she don't take poo poo from no one, and I respect the hell out of her.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!

foot posted:

Megyn Kelly might be her family's primary breadwinner since her husband is an unemployed CEO. Which would also explain her passion for the issue following the "It matters when it happens to me" theory of Republican policymaking.

That seems to be the prevailing reason behind every single "Megyn Kelly goes rogue" moment. She's progressive in the sense that sometimes the "mine" in her "gently caress you got mine" is a vagina.

poor nose
Oct 29, 2005

Why is this "science" and these "facts" more credible than the 90% of scientist's who argue for climate change with their "science" and "facts"?

Dr. Faustus
Feb 18, 2001

Grimey Drawer

Jerry Manderbilt posted:

I don't watch her, I usually find her abhorrent; but I have to admit that when she cited offspring of interracial marriages being 'biologically inferior,' I was wondering if she would reference Obama. I thought, "She can't. That's giving him credit, and you cannot do that on FOX News!"

And then she did.

Color me stunned. I wonder what kind of blow-back she'll get from the Tea Baggers for that one?

platedlizard
Aug 31, 2012

I like plates and lizards.

poor nose posted:

Why is this "science" and these "facts" more credible than the 90% of scientist's who argue for climate change with their "science" and "facts"?

Right-wing "science" is always the correct "science"

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!

Dr. Faustus posted:

Color me stunned. I wonder what kind of blow-back she'll get from the Tea Baggers for that one?

It's not like they can primary her, they'll probably just have a sad until the next terrible atrocity visited upon the 70 year old American white male.

Pead
May 31, 2001
Nap Ghost
The comments on Fox News' facebook post on the Megyn Kelly v. Erick Erickson thing are overwhelmingly against her. Including such gems as "I think her pregnancy hormones were raging." and "I love Fox News but I couldn't wait for Megyn Kelly to shut her mouth."

edit: "Very unprofessional Megan!" lol

pangstrom
Jan 25, 2003

Wedge Regret

Intel&Sebastian posted:

That seems to be the prevailing reason behind every single "Megyn Kelly goes rogue" moment. She's progressive in the sense that sometimes the "mine" in her "gently caress you got mine" is a vagina.
Yeah that covers the ones I can think of, other than the Rove voting math one.

Zuhzuhzombie!!
Apr 17, 2008
FACTS ARE A CONSPIRACY BY THE CAPITALIST OPRESSOR

Pead posted:

The comments on Fox News' facebook post on the Megyn Kelly v. Erick Erickson thing are overwhelmingly against her. Including such gems as "I think her pregnancy hormones were raging." and "I love Fox News but I couldn't wait for Megyn Kelly to shut her mouth."

edit: "Very unprofessional Megan!" lol

The ones from other women are absolutely disgusting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerry Manderbilt
May 31, 2012

Zuhzuhzombie!! posted:

The ones from other women are absolutely disgusting.

Don't you just love it when women are bigger misogynists than men?