Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BattleTech
Jun 6, 2010

Is this easy mode?
Fun Shoe

delpheye posted:

It's sick, to be sure. I think I'm sticking with 1000000000000000000000 fire bursts tho. It fits with my play style of running into a giant mob of mobs and shooting them in the face.

As I learned tonight my build really only works with 1-2 dudes, anything more and enemy health is to high to oneshot stuff.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kifisonfire
Jan 15, 2008

Just noticed something awesome in the Tiny Tina screenshots

Motherfucking Maliwan assault rifle!

Metalshark
Feb 4, 2013

The seagull is essential.
There is a lot of weirdness in the 'screenshots' that suggests that they are mockups or similar though, as the ammo counters aren't accurate and it really looks like a SMG with an odd/new barrel, in my opinion.

FairyNuff
Jan 22, 2012

I really hope the interesting enemies (wizards and the like) don't have that bullshit ability that ends phaselock almost as soon as it has begun.

Also Hammerlock DLC really is terrible.

delpheye
Jun 18, 2004

I'm gonna fuck me a moon man!

Neo Helbeast posted:

As I learned tonight my build really only works with 1-2 dudes, anything more and enemy health is to high to oneshot stuff.

It doesn't help when there's a 61 mechro afk in upstairs bar room. *AHEM* hahaha

Really tho, that shield can kiss it. I get why it's so useful in that build, but the friendly fire bug on it is really annoying. assuming it's a bug... I wouldn't be surprised if it's working as intended.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost
Randy Pitchford linked this on his twitter last night:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IFTprtuM5Tg

delpheye
Jun 18, 2004

that was hard to watch.

Dinosaurs!
May 22, 2003

Geokinesis posted:

Also Hammerlock DLC really is terrible.

Dang, really? I burned out last October after doing both playthroughs, some boss farming and the Oasis DLC. The upcoming campaign looks interesting and, since I have the season pass, I'm thinking about revisiting Pandora and trying the last three DLCs*.

*Especially since the raised level cap will devalue my CC and force me to actually play instead of relying on the lead wall.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost

delpheye posted:

that was hard to watch.

If you need to watch it with the sound muted then that's cool but some of those costumes are really really god. I think my favorite was the fire-breathing Krieg.

delpheye
Jun 18, 2004

Dinosaurs! posted:

Dang, really? I burned out last October after doing both playthroughs, some boss farming and the Oasis DLC. The upcoming campaign looks interesting and, since I have the season pass, I'm thinking about revisiting Pandora and trying the last three DLCs*.

*Especially since the raised level cap will devalue my CC and force me to actually play instead of relying on the lead wall.

It's not anything spectacular, and not terribly long if you skip side missions, but it's no different than any of the other DLC's. Get mission, go collect stuff/kill stuff in far away lands, return for reward. There's a side quest to kill a bunch of rare spawns which can be annoying if you don't pick it up(from the bounty board I believe) early. The boss takes a little timing to kill, and there are some new mobs that may as well be called Bullet Sponges.

I liked the mobs that level, the possibility of a hidden boss ala Vermi if a Savage should level high enough, and Dexi is a long and difficult fight but a good way to spend 100 Eridium at once.

A few of the unique blues are interesting. There are a couple of shotguns worth using(Hydra.. good for melee Zer0. I use one on my Krieg build to great effect, Twister...for comedy value), an SMG(Yellow Jacket), an AR(Chopper, impractical, but fun), and a gimmick shield(Rough Rider). The rest are kinda meh to me but I don't care for pistols and snipers. The Elephant Gun is the sniper and it's not bad by any means.

Also, there's a Seraph CC called the Interfacer that functions similarly if you've managed to acquire enough crystals to buy such a thing.

Elephant Ambush posted:

If you need to watch it with the sound muted then that's cool but some of those costumes are really really god. I think my favorite was the fire-breathing Krieg.

got a time stamp for that? I couldn't get past all the dudes who are in the sun for the first time in their lives. hahaha

smashpro1
Mar 1, 2009

Shirley, these things happen in video games. We can't get hung up on real-world morality.
Would anybody on 360 happen to have a level 50 corrosive Lady Fist they'd be willing to dupe for me?

Reiley
Dec 16, 2007

Metalshark posted:

There is a lot of weirdness in the 'screenshots' that suggests that they are mockups or similar though, as the ammo counters aren't accurate and it really looks like a SMG with an odd/new barrel, in my opinion.

Yeah plus that's a Dahl SMG scope on that Maliwan instead of an AR scope.

Seneschal
Nov 24, 2008

Reiley posted:

Yeah plus that's a Dahl SMG scope on that Maliwan instead of an AR scope.

drat, I was really hoping this expansion would let me rock a Jacobs rocket launcher.

Reiley
Dec 16, 2007

It's probably just a really deep viewmodel FOV, though it threw me for a loop when I remembered SMGs all having a vertical foregrip the characters held onto instead of resting on their palms, though the weapon animations in this game have always had their share of shortcuts- especially third-person weapon reloads. I actually had to check Neo Helbeast's parts identification post to confirm that's an SMG scope because I was almost convinced it was an AR too, based on how far forward the front sight was from the rear one..

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Elephant Ambush posted:

Randy Pitchford linked this on his twitter last night:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IFTprtuM5Tg

I wanted to laugh but I muted this and it was actually pretty awesome. They all did a really good job with their characters.

FairyNuff
Jan 22, 2012

Dinosaurs! posted:

Dull dreary landscapes, 2 sets of enemies that may as well just be reskinned skags for all the difference it makes, tedious flying enemies, racist human enemies (some of which make a siren's phaselock almost useless). Really didn't draw me in at all.

chopstixdiva
Apr 18, 2013

delpheye posted:

It doesn't help when there's a 61 mechro afk in upstairs bar room. *AHEM* hahaha

Really tho, that shield can kiss it. I get why it's so useful in that build, but the friendly fire bug on it is really annoying. assuming it's a bug... I wouldn't be surprised if it's working as intended.

Shut it!!! Lol, I was busy having the Internet thrown at my head.

Speedboat Jones
Dec 28, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
I am so stoked for this new DLC if only for the fact that it combines two games I've been obsessed with for the last few months: DnD and Borderlands.

delpheye
Jun 18, 2004

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h3mhWvWEb9g

this is worth 4:31 of your life.

BattleTech
Jun 6, 2010

Is this easy mode?
Fun Shoe

Man, now I want a Krieg backstory.

burntpork
Jan 25, 2010

Welp, time to go level up Krieg.

Angry Diplomat
Nov 7, 2009

Winner of the TSR Memorial Award for Excellence In Grogging
Speaking of Krieg, is it just me or does taking the top-level Hellborn skill cause his dialogue to go completely insane, even by his own standards? My wife just recently unlocked that perk and we immediately started hearing lengthy, maniacal diatribes that sometimes go on for like two minutes straight. I unlocked Release the Beast at the same time, but we're pretty sure the ranting starts whenever her Krieg sets himself or possibly someone else on fire, which is all the time, which is probably why we're hearing such an unprecedented amount of crazy from the craziest character in Borderlands 2.

Some of those rants are just amazing. He starts spewing gibberish and just never stops, but the whole ramble comes across as a bizarre nightmare narrative that seems like it could make sense to an extremely sick mind. The best part is that he usually sounds really excited and upbeat, like he's so goddamn happy about people tasting the fire in his soul while she melts.

Release the Beast loving rules, by the way. If you get the chance, watch another Psycho activate it while standing still; the mutation animation is awesomely grotesque.

rock2much
Feb 6, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Neo Helbeast posted:

Man, now I want a Krieg backstory.

Hoping for DLC that does this.

Speedboat Jones
Dec 28, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Angry Diplomat posted:

Speaking of Krieg, is it just me or does taking the top-level Hellborn skill cause his dialogue to go completely insane, even by his own standards? My wife just recently unlocked that perk and we immediately started hearing lengthy, maniacal diatribes that sometimes go on for like two minutes straight. I unlocked Release the Beast at the same time, but we're pretty sure the ranting starts whenever her Krieg sets himself or possibly someone else on fire, which is all the time, which is probably why we're hearing such an unprecedented amount of crazy from the craziest character in Borderlands 2.

Some of those rants are just amazing. He starts spewing gibberish and just never stops, but the whole ramble comes across as a bizarre nightmare narrative that seems like it could make sense to an extremely sick mind. The best part is that he usually sounds really excited and upbeat, like he's so goddamn happy about people tasting the fire in his soul while she melts.

Release the Beast loving rules, by the way. If you get the chance, watch another Psycho activate it while standing still; the mutation animation is awesomely grotesque.

Nothing gets me pumped in this game quite as much as killing a dude in rampage and Krieg shouting "I swallowed your soul!" :black101:

Video Nasty
Jun 17, 2003

I've never seen half the poo poo I got from HAmbONE last night.
My first time using an Infinity Pistol, and my first time killing someone in UVHM with only guns. My buddy was in tears from how much fun he had with his 61 Gunzerker dual-weilding the Infinities and the Unkempt Harolds, with pistols maxxed in his skilltree and the Sheriff's Badge.
He would keep getting pistol ammo back for using the Infinities, and switching to Harolds wasted EVERYTHING before he had to switch back to get more ammo. :aaaa:

Dr.Smasher
Nov 27, 2002

Cyberpunk 1987

Speedboat Jones posted:

Nothing gets me pumped in this game quite as much as killing a dude in rampage and Krieg shouting "I swallowed your soul!" :black101:

I prefer using the axe to slice a guy's head in two and hearing 'GET STYLED UPON'

smashpro1
Mar 1, 2009

Shirley, these things happen in video games. We can't get hung up on real-world morality.

Dr.Smasher posted:

I prefer using the axe to slice a guy's head in two and hearing 'GET STYLED UPON'

I prefer hearing that after killing a dude with a thrown axe.

Kifisonfire
Jan 15, 2008

GET STYLED UPON would make a great gamertag.

I can't wait until I level up enough for Bloodsplosion now. That combined with Release the Beast along with all my melee buffs is going to be awesome.

smashpro1
Mar 1, 2009

Kifisonfire posted:

I can't wait until I level up enough for Bloodsplosion now. That combined with Release the Beast along with all my melee buffs is going to be awesome.

I just need to level up twice more. I'm so excited! :neckbeard:

BattleTech
Jun 6, 2010

Is this easy mode?
Fun Shoe
Reposting for Shanonnigans: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E2S8N6iVhVU

Edit: So who's up for a Warrior Throwdown using nothing but dual wielded Gunerangs?

BattleTech fucked around with this message at 05:50 on Jun 1, 2013

Father Wendigo
Sep 28, 2005
This is, sadly, more important to me than bettering myself.

Neo Helbeast posted:

Reposting for Shanonnigans: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E2S8N6iVhVU

Edit: So who's up for a Warrior Throwdown using nothing but dual wielded Gunerangs?
I leave for a week, ONE WEEK, to deal with family and you'se guys are doin' this without me?

Oh, it is on.

I don't care if I have to drive across the country, we are doing this together. AS A TEAM.

And then we're doing the same thing with Evil Smashers. Post-Patch Evil Smashers. BECAUSE REASONS.

spamhead80
Apr 15, 2003

It's a Zen thing, like how many babies fit in a tire.
Hahahahahhaha, thanks for posting that Mech. That was noisy as hell, but it looked like a lot of fun. I would be up for attempting dual gunerangs, as I actually think I have a level 61 gunerang for some reason. Plus you guys need some estrogen up in that place... would probably make things go faster.

I'm going to go write some Krieg/Maya fan fiction now.

DominusDeus
Jul 20, 2008
So I haven't played in months. Was the Tiny Tina power leveling patched? If so, is there a new method?

mirthalac
Jan 5, 2002
milk is liquid meat

DominusDeus posted:

So I haven't played in months. Was the Tiny Tina power leveling patched? If so, is there a new method?

Yes, it was. The most reasonable method that currently exists is to have someone grind Pete's Bar Room Brawl tier 3 rematch for a while. The mission recurs immediately after turning in, and in TVHM for <50 characters, it gives out ~10K per completion, plus the XP from all the dudes that got killed.

Kifisonfire
Jan 15, 2008

If someone is kind enough to power level my gunzerker to 61 then I'm down for gunarang madness.

Also just watched the new Maya videos on Bahroo's page. Talk about a loving glass cannon :stare:

Father Wendigo
Sep 28, 2005
This is, sadly, more important to me than bettering myself.

Seriously though, are some people going to try a gunnerrang run on the warrior tonight? I'll be in around 6 or 7 cst; I do NOT want to miss out!

delpheye
Jun 18, 2004

I'm out in the boonies this weekend with no xbox. If this somehow doesn't happen tonight, I'll be back tomorrow afternoon.

loving gunerangs

HAmbONE
May 11, 2004

I know where the XBox is!!
Smellrose

Jake Blues posted:

Hamb0nius, or whomever recognizes the following:
(apologies because I am stupid and forgetful)
What are the launchers you stuck on your Gunzerker that spew rockets all over the place? Specific flavor of Norfleet?
It had the PBFG spheres killing everything too, if that helps the description. Is that something anyone could dupe me in the future, or something I could earn through some quest spamming?

I've gone through the story at least six full times now, and I've rarely done side missions. I went into Lynchwood for the first time the other day, and only to get that Sheriff's Badge relic. I did all the Cult Following missions yesterday, for the first time ever, and explored so much more of this map than I thought it actually contained. Made me even more excited to jump into the DLC - and going into a lot of unexplored territory is refreshingly enjoyable because I'm challenged on who to expect to fight next.

Remind me, are you "RobertCop?"

jackofarcades
Sep 2, 2011

Okay, I'll admit it took me a bit to get into it... But I think I kinda love this!! I'm Spider-Man!! I'm actually Spider-Man!! HA!
I can't even finish the Round 3 on UVHM because I can't get all of the badasses to spawn and I am bad at the game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Video Nasty
Jun 17, 2003

jackofarcades posted:

I can't even finish the Round 3 on UVHM because I can't get all of the badasses to spawn and I am bad at the game.

I'm able to roll through it pretty quickly with a 55 Krieg. Just earned enough tokens for a DP Unkempt Harold. Join me?
GT: r0bertc0p

• Locked thread