Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who Killed WCW?
Eric Bischoff
Hulk Hogan
Vince Russo
Jerusalem
View Results

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

quote:

oatgan: i've never seen proof the raft exists
no mention of it anywhere

You heard the man, please find me the Observer coverage of the Hulk Hogan inflatable raft and then a scan of the raft itself.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Background:

At some WCW PPV I don't remember, Tony Schiavone mentions an 800 number you can call to receive an official Hulk Hogan Inflatable Raft (hurry though because supplies are limited). Immediately upon hearing this I half-assedly searched for it on the internet and got nothing. I'm not saying WCW didn't advertise a Hulk Hogan Inflatable Raft, because I saw it with my own two eyes, I just don't believe it ever existed in the first place.

-edit-

It was Great American Bash 2000, and you had to mail them your Pay Per View receipt from ordering the show

oatgan fucked around with this message at 07:20 on Jun 1, 2013

Jefferoo
Jun 24, 2008

by Lowtax

"Hulkster" on the side, I think. Real unexciting.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Jefferoo posted:

"Hulkster" on the side, I think. Real unexciting.

That's the ad they have on the show. I want an actual picture of the raft or some kind of physical proof it was a real product. Also worth pointing out that the contest ends on 9/11.

can't it be both?

oatgan fucked around with this message at 07:46 on Jun 1, 2013

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
I'm sure this was already posted

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rgqHn4IqA3o

Hedgehog Pie
May 19, 2012

Total fuckin' silence.

oldpainless posted:

Try to track down the show where Nash impersonates Vince McMahon.

e: see if this works
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x1evvk_kevin-nash-on-nitro-october-1999-pr_sport#.UajjZ1L5Bkg

Gosh, that was awful, barely even redeemable in a "wacky Outsiders hijinks" sort of way due to the commentators giggling and saying what a convincing impersonation it was. With all the backstage in-jokes, Jeff Jarrett praise and unnecessary WWF references, I take it this was one of Russo's early WCW shows? I know he left WWF in October of that year and began his WCW run with that title tournament. Not that WCW making bizarre WWF references was exclusively a Russo trait of course.

Thanks for the recommendations guys. I watched one of the funerals a while ago (Luger's? Goldberg's?) where I believe Steiner or someone spat in the coffin or something, to the crowd's deafening silence while the commentators acted outraged. Amusing!

DrVenkman
Dec 28, 2005

I think he can hear you, Ray.
"I can get emotional, because I am." - Tony Schiovane, Halloween Havoc '97

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

oatgan posted:

That's the ad they have on the show. I want an actual picture of the raft or some kind of physical proof it was a real product. Also worth pointing out that the contest ends on 9/11.

can't it be both?

No, it ends September 11, 2000.

Super Dan
Jan 26, 2006

Nobody has asked the real important question about the Hulk Hogan raft:

Does it have a meat drawer?

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
The raft looks like something WCW would have leftover from their merchandise catalog during Hogan's first face run in 94-95.

schweens
Jan 14, 2011

kakarot ain't got shit on me

oatgan posted:

can't it be both?

This guy over at the Neogaf forums seems to be claiming he had one:

We need to get in contact with this random poster. He might be our only hope in :siren:Raft Hunt 2013:siren:

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Endless Mike posted:

No, it ends September 11, 2000.

One 9/11 is as good as another

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

MassRanTer posted:

You heard the man, please find me the Observer coverage of the Hulk Hogan inflatable raft and then a scan of the raft itself.
Is this a dig at me?

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

LividLiquid posted:

Is this a dig at me?

I was in the chat at the time, and no, we just want to see a Hulk Hogan inflatable raft.

Or at least I do.

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel
RAFT UPDATE: One sold on eBay in April.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/WCW-pro-wre...=p2047675.l2557

quote:

WCW pro wrestling Hulk Hogan INFLATABLE RAFT from Great American Bash 2000 RARE

Rare promotional item offered by WCW for ordering their Great American Bash 2000 Pay Per View: a red & yellow Hulk Hogan inflatable raft!

This item is still sealed in the bag that it was mailed in, so I cannot provide any other information on the dimensions of it. Also, I am not responsible if the item does not work, because it has never been tested since I wanted to keep it in its original bag for collectibility.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

Come on, that picture is just a huge loving tease. It's like they knew we'd be hunting for it.

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

The screenshot is tantalizingly ugly.

Hirams Bitch
Oct 24, 2008

That has the new logo so they actually manufactured these just for this event not old leftovers.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Hirams Bitch posted:

That has the new logo so they actually manufactured these just for this event not old leftovers.

It is possible they made them after Hogan's return to the red and yellow in 99. After that flopped they may have held back a bunch of Hulkster crap.

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT
In the event of a water landing, the 24 inch pythons can be used as a flotation device.

Fat Lowtax
Nov 9, 2008

"I'm willing to pay up to $1200 for a big anime titty"

I want to believe that after making the first set of Hulk Hogan Inflatable Rafts, they made a second five years later.

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 18 days!

bow chicka wow wow posted:

I want to believe that after making the first set of Hulk Hogan Inflatable Rafts, they made a second five years later.

It's certainly not an improbable situation, given the overall picture of WCW-related money-losing ventures.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

All of my dreams are coming true

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Looks like something WCW left in a dumpster.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

I love this forum so much. Now that I know it exists I will try to keep my eye on ebay for one. If I buy one by the end of the summer I promise there will be photos of me flexing on said raft.

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

MassRanTer posted:

I love this forum so much. Now that I know it exists I will try to keep my eye on ebay for one. If I buy one by the end of the summer I promise there will be photos of me flexing on said raft.

Rod Squad Box Seats in ROH feat. Hulk Hogan Inflatable Raft.

Hirams Bitch
Oct 24, 2008

Mods please change HulkaMatt's name to HulkaRaft.

Scirocco Griffon
Feb 3, 2012

Now I have to wonder just how many of those they actually sent out, and silently hope that there's some forgotten warehouse full of Hulkster rafts waiting to be rediscovered somewhere.

(it's next to the warehouse full of ICOPRO that Vince still can't get rid of)

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Scirocco Griffon posted:

Now I have to wonder just how many of those they actually sent out, and silently hope that there's some forgotten warehouse full of Hulkster rafts waiting to be rediscovered somewhere.

I saw CM Punk out on Lake Michigan in one.

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!

Scirocco Griffon posted:

Nah, they took care of that with Triple H's shovel.

MassRanTer posted:

I saw CM Punk out on Lake Michigan in one.
I refuse to believe he'd do anything with a Hulkster raft but drop flying elbows on it in the hotel pool.

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Hirams Bitch posted:

Mods please change MassRanTer's name to MassRafTer.

That's better.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Scirocco Griffon posted:

Warehouse? I thought it was in a landfill behind Titan Towers?

yes I know that's a joke site

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

I Before E posted:

That's better.

That's a dumb idea.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

MassRafTer posted:

That's a dumb idea.

Too late.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!

Memento1979 posted:

Warehouse? I thought it was in a landfill behind Titan Towers?

yes I know that's a joke site
Beaten with Triple H's sledgehammer.

Scirocco Griffon
Feb 3, 2012

Oh hey, speaking of stupid water-related wrasslin'... Maybe Sting could've used a Hulkster raft after his boat got blown up by Cheatum the One-Eyed Evil Midget.

Justin Godscock
Oct 12, 2004

Listen here, funnyman!
It's the year 2013 and little nuggets like the Hulk Hogan inflatable raft just keep surfacing. I love WCW.

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Looks like something a bird poo poo on.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raeg
Jul 7, 2008

The top 1% of ducks have control of 99.9% of the bread.
How much meat can it store and keep warm? That is key.