Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gough Suppressant
Nov 14, 2008
So, this happened

Sounds interesting.

Dice you say, why can't I use my axe?

All hail Fylkir Euron I, lord of all grognards!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

There was a terrible noise.
There was a terrible silence.

Just bought this game yesterday (minus ToG), been obsessing over it ever since. My gf and I have both gotten 3 Irish provinces on our individual playthroughs, working on making the leap to Duchies. Awesome game.

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.
Okay, I actually think I'm getting whacked by a pre-Old Gods save bug. Every kingdom I usurp or create immediately goes to Minimum Crown Authority, Gavelkind succession, and Primoegeniture requires High Crown Authority. That... doesn't seem right.

In related news, King Gilla-Crist "The Good" came to power as King of Ireland. He is now King of Ireland, Wales, Brittany, and France, with prestige nearing 6000 and piety coming up on 2000. I'm gonna post a screenshot when he dies, they'll be writing history books about him.

Ron Hitler-Barassi posted:

So, this happened
That is amazing.

"HEY SUP NICE PLACE I'M THE EMPEROR LET'S PLAY MOTHAFUCKIN WARHAMMER"

CapnAndy fucked around with this message at 08:56 on Jun 1, 2013

Sheep
Jul 24, 2003

DivineCoffeeBinge posted:

Speaking of spreading the faith, is anyone else having trouble converting in your own demense? I mouse over my Seer's actions and see a 25% chance to convert a province, but as soon as I actually place them the chance drops to 7.3% or thereabouts. What gives?

Unreformed pagans are very easy to convert compared to organized religions. So it's really easy to convert a Romuva province, not so much Catholic, for example.

Gough Suppressant
Nov 14, 2008
I'm still having heaps of trouble converting the Old Norse in my demesnes.

Sanzuo
May 7, 2007

This game is just chuck-full of references isn't it? I can't believe I just recognized one from Black Adder.

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

So, question.

Im in Desmond Ireland, my heir is in Thomond (but not my vassal). We're both besieging Ormund, with King Brian ua Briain. For Casus Belli, I grabbed a courtier a while back and am pressing his claim. When Brian surrenders, the claimant gets the province. I don't mind that, particularly, but he's not my vassal. Is there a way to keep Ormund in my dynasty?

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Ron Hitler-Barassi posted:

I'm still having heaps of trouble converting the Old Norse in my demesnes.

Make sure there ruler is New Norse (or whatever religion you are) so he uses his own Chaplain to do the dirty work.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

LowellDND posted:

So, question.

Im in Desmond Ireland, my heir is in Thomond (but not my vassal). We're both besieging Ormund, with King Brian ua Briain. For Casus Belli, I grabbed a courtier a while back and am pressing his claim. When Brian surrenders, the claimant gets the province. I don't mind that, particularly, but he's not my vassal. Is there a way to keep Ormund in my dynasty?

Press the claim of someone in your dynasty, or Ormond is a de jure part of your holdings already.

Skellybones
May 31, 2011

Fun Shoe
:frogsiren: For anyone frustrated by loading crashes when you try and make a mod :frogsiren:

http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/showthread.php?691795-Issues-with-custom-maps-1.10

Basically, they broke some things in very interesting ways. De Jure Duchies must be part of a kingdom, and there must be at least one portage and major river.

And make sure you delete your cached data, they added a \map\ folder alongside \gfx\.

Skellybones fucked around with this message at 11:51 on Jun 1, 2013

DJ Dizzy
Feb 11, 2009

Real men don't use bolters.
How does one increase religious authority? I have 4 of the holy sites needed for reforming the pagan faith, and my authority is something like 45

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

DJ Dizzy posted:

How does one increase religious authority? I have 4 of the holy sites needed for reforming the pagan faith, and my authority is something like 45

Holy wars, beating up infidels.

Boar It
Jul 29, 2011

Mesmerizing eyebrows is my specialty

Knuc If U Buck posted:

You are going to gleen barely anything useful out of this. The base game itself has changed, but also Vikings are so much different than Christian Kings.

Just as I thought. I skipped the entire tech bit in the article since that has been revamped. Guess I'll just jump in and try. This will end well.

DJ Dizzy
Feb 11, 2009

Knuc If U Buck posted:

Holy wars, beating up infidels.

Cant do holy wars till I have reformed my faith.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

DJ Dizzy posted:

Cant do holy wars till I have reformed my faith.

Hmm, I forgot about that. Attacking infidels does the same thing. Are you viking? I haven't done any of the other pagans yet, but you get some unique cbs that mean you never have to stop warring.

DJ Dizzy
Feb 11, 2009

Yeah, I am Viking, and fsr, my lost holy wars counter keeps ticking up, yet I am not at war with anyone of opposite religion.

Apparently, killing other pagans counts as a loss towards holy wars :psyduck:

DJ Dizzy fucked around with this message at 12:26 on Jun 1, 2013

Rumda
Nov 4, 2009

Moth Lesbian Comrade

DJ Dizzy posted:

Yeah, I am Viking, and fsr, my lost holy wars counter keeps ticking up, yet I am not at war with anyone of opposite religion.

Your Norse brothers must be losing holy wars, its religion wide not personal.

You can gain or lose moral authority in defensive holy wars as well.
The Norse Viking conquest CB also increases MA as do prepared invasions and subjugations and raiding churches of other religions.

Rumda fucked around with this message at 12:26 on Jun 1, 2013

Chickpea Roar
Jan 11, 2006

Merdre!
Raiding temples gives you 1% authority for each one you completely loot.

jerichojx
Oct 21, 2010
Is there an update for the Game of Thrones mod? How are people still playing the GoT mod with the new patch?

DJ Dizzy
Feb 11, 2009

Rumda posted:

Your Norse brothers must be losing holy wars, its religion wide not personal.

You can gain or lose moral authority in defensive holy wars as well.
The Norse Viking conquest CB also increases MA as do prepared invasions and subjugations and raiding churches of other religions.

I've never figured out how to do a prepared invasion

Datasmurf
Jan 19, 2009

Carpe Noctem
Well, I've never figured out how to do a holy war.
So how do you go on about and do that? I control all the holy sites, I'm reformed and got 90 moral support or whatever it's called, and my religion is as stated earlier, spread over most of Europe.

I just want to go on a Norse crusade to gently caress over any Muslims and the remaining Catholics.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Is there any way to force vassals to end a war between each other? I've got these 2 vassals going at it and they've been stuck on 15% war score for 20 loving years (I've been waiting for them to stop since forming Scandinavia so I can change succession laws). I just tried Assassinating moth of them, but their heirs just took up where they left off, and I tried forming Sweden and cranking the crown law and still nothing. My dude is gonna die of old age.

SkySteak
Sep 9, 2010

DJ Dizzy posted:

You must have at least 1000 prestige (remember, the amount of gold you bring back from looting = the prestige you get from it), your target must be a Kingdom (I think) and must be of another religion.

Once declared, you will then have a a time limit to declare war on the target by. In this period you will get free troops and ships with no maintenance costs on them. If you don't declare war in time, they vanish and you lost a bunch of prestige.

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

Spider-Man's Amazing Construction Company

DJ Dizzy posted:

In the diplomatic screen there should be a 'prepare invasion' button. If it's greyed out, you can't invade that particular dude, and hovering over it will bring up a tooltip to tell you why. If not, go hog wild.

Datasmurf posted:

So how do you go on about and do that? I control all the holy sites, I'm reformed and got 90 moral support or whatever it's called, and my religion is as stated earlier, spread over most of Europe.

I just want to go on a Norse crusade to gently caress over any Muslims and the remaining Catholics.

When declaring war on someone - again, in the diplomatic screen - "Holy War for X" should be among your list of CBs.

For Great Holy Wars - Norse Crusades, basically - you gotta wait until 1100 to call them.

Sheep
Jul 24, 2003

Datasmurf posted:

Nobody can do holy wars until at least 1100 in vanilla, so it stands to reason that TOG would be the same.

SkySteak posted:

You must have at least 1000 prestige (remember, the amount of gold you bring back from looting = the prestige you get from it), your target must be a Kingdom (I think) and must be of another religion.

You also have to have less than 40 holdings in your entire realm, so larger states can't do them period.

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

Spider-Man's Amazing Construction Company

Sheep posted:

Nobody can do holy wars until at least 1100 in vanilla, so it stands to reason that TOG would be the same.

Well, you can do regular ol' Holy Wars over a Duchy. I've been romping through Europe with them since 885. Great Holy Wars are another thing entirely.

Bloodly
Nov 3, 2008

Not as strong as you'd expect.
I'm curious. Is Raiding/Looting restricted to Pagans?

Also, can you destroy ALL holdings in a place by raiding/looting?

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

Knuc If U Buck posted:

Press the claim of someone in your dynasty, or Ormond is a de jure part of your holdings already.

Well, my guy dies in a couple weeks, and his son inherits. Can he push the de jure claim? (What button would I press? It's listed as a petty kingdom) Finally, would the new count be likely to accept being made a vassal, or do I need to invade again?

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Did I just say that out loud~~?!!!

Shadeoses posted:

:frogsiren: For anyone frustrated by loading crashes when you try and make a mod :frogsiren:

http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/showthread.php?691795-Issues-with-custom-maps-1.10

Basically, they broke some things in very interesting ways. De Jure Duchies must be part of a kingdom, and there must be at least one portage and major river.

And make sure you delete your cached data, they added a \map\ folder alongside \gfx\.

Aw, well hell. I hate having to mess with the map again. Thanks anyway, for finding that out, Shadeoses.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

LowellDND posted:

Well, my guy dies in a couple weeks, and his son inherits. Can he push the de jure claim? (What button would I press? It's listed as a petty kingdom) Finally, would the new count be likely to accept being made a vassal, or do I need to invade again?

If you hold the duchy or kingdom that his county belongs to, you can ask him for fealty diplomatically. Otherwise you can declare war on him (it will be de jure CB). If the county isn't a de jure part of a duchy that you or one of your vassals owns, then you either to have a claim to it in order to declare war (fabricated or otherwise)...except it you're a viking then you just take whatever you want p much.

Welmu
Oct 9, 2007
Metri. Piiri. Sekunti.

HenessyHero posted:

3 genius sons and a strong daughter have already burst from my loins.

Talk about Nordic superiority.

Now either watch your realm disintegrate upon succession or stab the way clear for the most genius of the lot.

Annath
Jan 11, 2009

Batatouille is a great and funny play on words for a video game creature and I love silly words like these
Clever Betty
What file would I have to edit to remove the Basque culture only requirement for women to inherit on the same level as men? I want to try making a Warrior Queen of the Vikings.

Allyn
Sep 4, 2007

I love Charlie from Busted!

Annath posted:

What file would I have to edit to remove the Basque culture only requirement for women to inherit on the same level as men? I want to try making a Warrior Queen of the Vikings.

I'm pretty sure that rule is that only women can inherit, not that they inherit equally. Which would get you warrior queens I guess, but isn't really what you're looking for

John Charity Spring
Nov 4, 2009

SCREEEEE

Allyn posted:

I'm pretty sure that rule is that only women can inherit, not that they inherit equally. Which would get you warrior queens I guess, but isn't really what you're looking for

No, it's not only women. Absolute Cognatic means that men and women have absolute equality for succession priority, not that only women can inherit.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Elective is better than that anyway. I used it in one of my first games because my daughters kept inheriting the genius trait.

DJ Dizzy
Feb 11, 2009

So I managed to reform the faith before my dude died, but then I find out that I cant change the laws when he is incapable. :smithicide:

Annath
Jan 11, 2009

Batatouille is a great and funny play on words for a video game creature and I love silly words like these
Clever Betty
So, any answers to my question? I already knew what I wanted, I just need to know how to implement it.

Pimpmust
Oct 1, 2008

John Charity Spring posted:

No, it's not only women. Absolute Cognatic means that men and women have absolute equality for succession priority, not that only women can inherit.

Yah, at this point maximum matriarchy is like the only succession law(s) missing.

Dongattack
Dec 20, 2006

by Cyrano4747
You guy's are so much better than me, so this question will probably be very basic for you. I don't understand the new technology screen, how does it work?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Goon Danton
May 24, 2012

Don't forget to show my shitposts to the people. They're well worth seeing.

Annath posted:

So, any answers to my question? I already knew what I wanted, I just need to know how to implement it.

Go to decisions/succession_laws.txt, find the true_cognatic_succession entry (regular old cognatic_succession is actually ag-cog), and nix the culture=basque requirement under "allow". I'm not sure if you still need the allow section at all, since it's the only entry, but that's where it is.

• Locked thread