Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mnemosyne
Jun 11, 2002

There's no safe way to put a cat in a paper bag!!

an adult beverage posted:

I'm not familiar with that place, but did the park have that same pathing shape 30 years ago?

I'm not from the area, but the history I read said they built the gardens in the 50's, and placed that gazebo at the top of the circle loop in April of 1981, which is probably very close to when he buried the casks.

Which actually maybe ties in with another part of the verse? The history says the gazebo (very close to the gate to the beach that's been mentioned) "is situated at a site overlooking the Roanoke and Currituck Sounds, very possibly the spot were Sir Richard Grenville, Walter Raleigh’s cousin, first set foot in 1585 upon his arrival with a fleet of seven ships and 108 men."

Could this be related to the "first seen" line?

EDIT: There's also a dot/rivet on the wrist of the armor at the top right of the circular loop of the path. The dot looks like it corresponds with where the gate opens onto the beach. I originally thought it was just a feature of the armor, but there isn't a matching dot on the other wrist, so maybe it's intentional?

Mnemosyne fucked around with this message at 09:28 on Jun 1, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Premeditated Toast
Apr 24, 2008

Same as it ever was.
Cask 3/Roanoke
Besides some minor renovations over the years, yeah it's stayed the same. I also noticed this while looking at your pics, Mnemosyne:

That's the Wright Brothers Memorial as seen from across the waters! I'd guess to say it's buried by one of the gate pillars, which has a ball top. As for the pine tree, I recall there being a lot more around that area but my memory could be fuzzy.

Premeditated Toast fucked around with this message at 23:26 on Jun 2, 2013

Mnemosyne
Jun 11, 2002

There's no safe way to put a cat in a paper bag!!

Premeditated Toast posted:

Besides some minor renovations over the years, yeah it's stayed the same. I also noticed this while looking at your pics, Mnemosyne:

That's the Wright Brothers Memorial as seen from across the waters! I'd guess to say it's buried by one of the gate pillars, which has a ball top. As for the pine tree, I recall there being a lot more around that area but my memory could be fuzzy.

I want to go dig between that gatepost and the pine tree really badly, but I'm also a giant pansy who is afraid of getting arrested. :ohdear:

I also live about 6 hours away, but I've driven to the Outer Banks before, and would be totally willing to do it again for this, if it weren't for that getting arrested business.

CronoGamer
May 15, 2004

why did this happen

ruebennase posted:

Did some more googling.
Deteriorata might be on to something with the NY treasure hunt starting out at the UN and the whirring noise referring to helicopters.

• The NYU Medical Center is right at that heliport on FDR.
  • In the 80s the president of NYU was John Brademas. And while he's neither indian or from the Caribbean, he was from Indiana. Maybe there's some sort of dedication plaque or something on the campus.
  • Going east from there would put you somewhere in the East River, but if you instead walk along East 34th Street, which is right there, you end up at an Armenian church, which is called St Vartan's. And right next to that is a park, also called St Vartan's. No idea if St Vartan qualifies as "rhapsodic" but hey. I'm also having difficulties verifying if anything visible to the North from that park would qualify as "Isle of B", most of the buildings around there seem to be fairly recent.

Another thing to consider re: NYU-- the white and violet in the 2nd panel at the top (the only one of the panels split into two) are the school colors for NYU.

Also, agreeing with the other poster on the last page who mentioned Gershwin. Rhapsodic man's soil/roots? He was born in Brooklyn, hence that is where his "roots" are, or his home soil. It might just be referring to NYC in general, but who knows.

Mandaryn
Sep 4, 2004

COCK SNAKE!
SF Checking in.

Wow, this thing really grew! YAY! If no one has gone to check stuff out this weekend, I'm off on Wednesday and Thursday and wouldn't mind going on a little adventure if anyone wants to/is able to meet up.

ChickenOfTomorrow
Nov 11, 2012

god damn it, you've got to be kind

Also SF(ish), also checking in. I've got $30 on my Clipper card, a copy of the Larkspur ferry times, and a new pair of shoes. Let's find this treasure.

Maguro
Apr 24, 2006

Why is the sun always bullying me?

Kiss Kiss Bang Bang posted:

It's turquoise and it's the inset below the moon. And the hunt STARTS at Preservation Hall I'm sure of it. The lat and long I posted earlier are correct. We just need to figure out what the 19 stands for. As for parks there is Louis Armstrong park to the north and east on google maps.

https://plus.google.com/116787422002015701047/about?gl=us&hl=en

I suspected the same thing on the 2nd page of this thread. And the quote I posted further solidifies our theory.

The treasure is almost certainly at the corner of St. peter and N. Rampart.

Right where armstrong park begins.

TShields
Mar 30, 2007

We can rule them like gods! ...Angry gods.
Be careful, guys.. don't get arrested for digging up a national park for a ceramic pot buried by someone with way too much time on their hands.

bagshotrow
Apr 23, 2011

Senior Apprentice

Andra of Clan Gavo

I did not become a D'ni loyalist to make friends, and by the way? I haven't
...but if you're GONNA get arrested, definitely have it be for that.

TShields
Mar 30, 2007

We can rule them like gods! ...Angry gods.

bagshotrow posted:

...but if you're GONNA get arrested, definitely have it be for that.

Oh, absolutely. Nothing earns you more prison respect than defacing a national landmark on the hunt for precious stones ceramic pots from the 80's.

Butthead
May 31, 2011
If you sound cryptic enough, "digging a hole in a park in broad daylight" can sound far more badass when you say it in prison.

Pepslexic
Jun 26, 2006
Nothing goes here

CronoGamer posted:

Also, agreeing with the other poster on the last page who mentioned Gershwin. Rhapsodic man's soil/roots? He was born in Brooklyn, hence that is where his "roots" are, or his home soil. It might just be referring to NYC in general, but who knows.
Would doubt it, as a majority of NYU was bought and built recently, well after this book. It would also take Washington Square out as they dug that up, and would have found the cask if it was there. No love from anyone on my post on page 2 about it possibly being in queens? I really think it fits at least partially with botanical gardens there. The burough public gardens would also make the most sense to bury things in.

Oswald Kesselpot
Jan 14, 2008

HONK HONK HONK

Mnemosyne posted:

I want to go dig between that gatepost and the pine tree really badly, but I'm also a giant pansy who is afraid of getting arrested. :ohdear:

I also live about 6 hours away, but I've driven to the Outer Banks before, and would be totally willing to do it again for this, if it weren't for that getting arrested business.
A bunch of people want to dig up the Elizabethan gardens, I want to dig up the wright brothers monument and I'm sure others have different ideas. I wonder what exactly the police reaction would be to a murder of goons swooping in with entrenching tools and hastily crafted MS paint treasure maps to dig dozens of random holes in their historical monuments in the search for a hidden sugar bowl?

CronoGamer
May 15, 2004

why did this happen

Pepslexic posted:

Would doubt it, as a majority of NYU was bought and built recently, well after this book. It would also take Washington Square out as they dug that up, and would have found the cask if it was there. No love from anyone on my post on page 2 about it possibly being in queens? I really think it fits at least partially with botanical gardens there. The burough public gardens would also make the most sense to bury things in.

My point about NYU was more about it being in NY than anything, I guess, and that we might not need to worry ourselves overmuch about the importance of that part of the picture since we've established NYC as the location.

I really like the idea of the hem of the dress being the outline of Manhattan, and the gem being almost an "X marks the spot" location for Liberty island. I don't like how there are 4 "islands" in the picture but only 3 in real life, though...

ruebennase
Oct 18, 2011

CronoGamer posted:

I really like the idea of the hem of the dress being the outline of Manhattan, and the gem being almost an "X marks the spot" location for Liberty island. I don't like how there are 4 "islands" in the picture but only 3 in real life, though...
It is a compelling idea, but I doubt it. The shape of the dress doesn't really match the outline of Manhattan and the alignment of the gems does not correspond to the position of the islands at all.

edit: Then again, if you do go with it being an outline of Manhattan, the position of the fourth gem would put the fourth island somewhere in the general area of Brooklyn where the most likely candidate for "rhapsodic man", Gershwin, grew up.

ruebennase fucked around with this message at 15:05 on Jun 1, 2013

GWBBQ
Jan 2, 2005

ruebennase posted:

now that you mention the colors, those panes sort of look like a colorblindness vision test.
I thought the same thing, but cutting out the panels and running them through this colorblindness simulator doesn't give much of a result.
http://www.color-blindness.com/coblis-color-blindness-simulator/

You can see some patterns in the left pane, but it's not like numbers pop out at you or anything.

GaryLeeLoveBuckets
May 8, 2009

GaryLeeLoveBuckets posted:

Houston

I was talking to some friends about this tonight and one of them hit on something that may be significant.

"What we take to be
Our strongest tower of delight
Falls gently
In December night"

Could this refer to a Christmas tree? Another friend thought she remembered there being a Christmas tree in the Japanese gardens area, but I can't find anything online about it.

Also I reversed the colors to see if anything else could be revealed here.

1. A strange shape in the leaves up here, not sure if they signify anything.
2. The djinn's wrappings look more like a face here wearing an old floppy hat. A really creepy face and not the best thing to discover while lying in bed in the dark.
3. The shadow of this dune looks like a seated lion
4. I noticed there was something written at the base of this pillar before, but couldn't make it out. It looks like 53 to me, but not sure what that signifies. There are also different numbers of rings above the bases of each pillar. 1 on the closest, 2 on the rhino's, and none on the camel's. The closest pillar also has the number one inscribed on it, the rhino pillar has two leaves in front of it, and I still think it's important that the camel pillar doesn't cast a shadow.

So I was linked this picture from the Children's Zoo, apparently this thing shoots water out of his cup. This hat looks very similar to the djinn's in the inverted picture, just flipped around so it might be the perspective from the other side of him.

And then there's this, apparently also taken inside the Children's Zoo. I don't know if I can just dismiss the Atropos Key clue, but a lot of the information for it being in the Children's Zoo is pretty compelling.

LargeHadron
May 19, 2009

They say, "you mean it's just sounds?" thinking that for something to just be a sound is to be useless, whereas I love sounds just as they are, and I have no need for them to be anything more than what they are.
Boston goon here. I'm gonna head out to that section of the emerald necklace 5 blocks north of the BPL pretty soon. I've got a good feeling about that area, and a few of the lines ("Your back to the stairs/Feel at home/All the letters") really make me think of the apartment buildings on both sides. If someone has an idea of something specific I should check out, now's the time to tell me.

45 Degrees
Mar 3, 2007

The Monkey Man posted:

Here's some analysis from someone arguing that 9 is St. Louis:

If there's any of these that we're completely in the dark about, it's this one.

The right part of the hat looks like it could be the profile of a face. Possibly representing a statue or famous bust?

Also, the picture shows the symbol for Purina, and from wikipedia it looks like the Ralston Purina Company is a former St. Louis, Missouri-based American animal feed and pet food company. The Purina company also has a checkerboard pattern for a symbol.

Strongylocentrotus
Jan 24, 2007

Nab him, jab him, tab him, grab him - stop that pigeon NOW!

Mnemosyne posted:

Sorry it's so sloppy, I'm using the touchpad of a laptop (and it's 3am).

EDIT: This may also be hopelessly grasping, but the shape of the red "skirt" on the suit of armor has been bugging me. It's very weird looking, so it has to mean something. The only things I've been able to think of that it kind of resembles are either a pinecone or the boughs of a pine tree...and from that one picture of the gate leading to the beach, there's a pine tree right next to the gate.
http://i.imgur.com/WTIGfz2.jpg

Premeditated Toast posted:

Well I'll be. Great finds, and in the context we're working with, they seem to confirm the guesstimate of the location. I hope some intrepid goon is willing to brave arrest and/or odd looks from passersby in order to check it out: I want to know if my stupid idea was right so I can add "helped find the location of a long lost gaudy ceramic pot from the 80s" to my resume.

TShields posted:

Be careful, guys.. don't get arrested for digging up a national park for a ceramic pot buried by someone with way too much time on their hands.

We've had goons willing to risk their fingats for comedy and internet fame before, surely someone is willing to dodge arrest in order to dig up a clay sugar pot with a useless key inside.

Realtalk though, if Cask 3 is buried by the gate in the Elizabethan Gardens, it might actually be on the public beach side, in which case I think you might be in the clear to dig to your heart's content.

Concept Theory
Aug 10, 2003
I live in Charleston and don't have to work until 5 today, so I'm going to make a trip over to Sullivans and check out what looks to be a planter on the corner of Middle and Osceola, based on the intrepretation by: http://www.lemontiger.co.uk/images/misc/thesecret/image2/sullivan.pdf

Ill have some photos shortly.

allta
Mar 28, 2011
:siren:We have access to the adventuring forums that yielded the 2004 cask:siren:

This could potentially be huge! All those locked pages on the wiki aren't locked anymore, so we can get some insight into where they've either dug or narrowed it down to!

Screenshots/transcribes to come!

CronoGamer
May 15, 2004

why did this happen

ruebennase posted:

It is a compelling idea, but I doubt it. The shape of the dress doesn't really match the outline of Manhattan and the alignment of the gems does not correspond to the position of the islands at all.

edit: Then again, if you do go with it being an outline of Manhattan, the position of the fourth gem would put the fourth island somewhere in the general area of Brooklyn where the most likely candidate for "rhapsodic man", Gershwin, grew up.

You're most likely right that the islands don't match up to anything in particular, especially since there really wouldn't be any island where the gemstone is hanging there. Oh well.

Two more things I was thinking about re: NY. 1) Do we know what kind of flower that is she's holding? It's not the state flower, that's the rose, so it's probably not one of the more general "this picture is about NYC" clues... it's probably a little more specific than that. Any flower experts able to identify it?

2) Although the sign
Nearby
Speaks of Indies native
The natives still speak
Of him of Hard word in 3 Vols.

I originally agreed that Indies might mean Jamaica, but then why native? I rather like the idea from Lemontiger that this could refer to Hamilton, since he had a strong relationship to New York. There could be a sign of some sort, or a building named for him, nearby. But what I was thinking was that the "native" in the third line is different from "natives" in the 4th. Would "natives" here refer to native New Yorkers? And why is the H capitalized in Hard? Him of Hard word in 3 Vols... Vol could refer to the heraldic symbol as mentioned before, but what if it's the abbreviation for volumes? Could "him of Hard word in 3 Vols." be a NY author?

Obdicut
May 15, 2012

"What election?"
Verse 7 really feels like San Francisco to me.

1. There's a Twain reference
2. El Camino Real crosses San Francisco and then turns north. El Camino Real is also 101, and rt 1, satisfying 'ace'. It is also Lombard street before it turns, so the direction of the Jewel could be west along Lombard.
3. Stone Wall's Door could refer to the entrance of Lombard to the presidio.

I'm not sure why Lombard would be the object of Twain's attention.

And maybe I just miss San Francisco.

allta
Mar 28, 2011
So goons, what happens when you have a forum full of treasure hunters, a sub-forum just for the secret, and about 10 years to post in it?

It would take me months to pour over all of this information, if anyone would like to help(safari rules apply) send me a pm. I wont do email for this one sense I wont be able to tell who is who.

the kawaiiest
Dec 22, 2010

Uguuuu ~
It's probably nothing, but

http://www.lakesuperiorstreams.org/streams/maps/stLouisMaps.html

My husband mentioned that it looked like the outline of a river or something so I looked it up. I don't think it's a real close match but I thought I'd mention it anyway.

Looking at some statues now to see if any profiles match that bit of hat.

The Monkey Man
Jun 10, 2012

HERD U WERE TALKIN SHIT

CronoGamer posted:

You're most likely right that the islands don't match up to anything in particular, especially since there really wouldn't be any island where the gemstone is hanging there. Oh well.

Two more things I was thinking about re: NY. 1) Do we know what kind of flower that is she's holding? It's not the state flower, that's the rose, so it's probably not one of the more general "this picture is about NYC" clues... it's probably a little more specific than that. Any flower experts able to identify it?

There's a birth flower in each picture, it doesn't seem to have any connection to the solution any more than the birthstones do.

xie
Jul 29, 2004

I GET UPSET WHEN PEOPLE SPEND THEIR MONEY ON WASTEFUL THINGS THAT I DONT APPROVE OF :capitalism:
I'm very familiar with the area, and I think the Boston one might actually be in Cambridge for a few reasons - the strongest being the roots of National Lampoon to Harvard. If you aren't familiar, National Lampoon was started by The Harvard Lampoon alums in the 70s, and licenses the name from them.

The verse ends with the words "In truth" and that almost seems too obvious to me.

Harvard Stadium is also a Colosseum with Metal Walls. The entire Yard itself is also surrounded by a big iron fence, so you can take this as literally as you need. Eliot House has a green rooftop and is a protruding tower that is lit at night. http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/4/42/Weeks_footbridge_panorama.jpg

The Lampoon Building from various angles looks much like the art on Pandora's Box, and would also be a very clever way of nodding to the origin of National Lampoon.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/b/b5/Harvard_Lampoon_Building_-_IMG_1316.jpg

The markings, carvings, and ironwork around the building are very reminiscent of the detail in the painting.

I dunno, the entire thing is confirmation bias city, but I'm also struck by this very famous engraving by Paul Revere:

http://cambridge.dlconsulting.com/cgi-bin/cambridge?a=d&d=Tribune19040305-01.2.95

OR

Dawes Island Park, which is located right outside of Harvard Yard, near the library. If you face the water you will see Eliot House in the distance along the Charles. There is also Longfellow park, which is a bit further away from the yard but borders the water. Longfellow is of course connected to Revere, and Dawes was his oft-overshadowed partner.

They are far away, but if you go to Longfellow Park and turn facing the water, your back will be to the stairs of the Longfellow National Historic Site. This leaves out the Xenophon/Thucydides stuff, which I know kinda points to the BPL.

xie fucked around with this message at 17:26 on Jun 1, 2013

allta
Mar 28, 2011
So according to the forums, the way they got the Lat for the San Francisco(cask 1) was by counting the boxes on her sleeves? If thats true, my assumption that the lat and long are actual numbers hidden somewhere in the picture are a tad off.

It's still without a doubt San Francisco though, so don't worry about that.

KennyMan666
May 27, 2010

The Saga

I just wanted to tune in and say that this whole thing is insanely interesting. I've looked closely at all the pictures, and I'm amazed at how much they can hide. The only things in the pictures I found were things that have been found in the thread as well, but I'm continuing to look them over. I'm going to follow this thread and wish for nothing more than some casks getting found.

Actually, there's one thing I can't remember seeing mentioned in the thread - in the picture for the seventh cask, there's a dog (?) head on the wall in the lower right. That has to mean something.

ruebennase
Oct 18, 2011

CronoGamer posted:

re: NY. 1) Do we know what kind of flower that is she's holding? It's not the state flower, that's the rose, so it's probably not one of the more general "this picture is about NYC" clues... it's probably a little more specific than that. Any flower experts able to identify it?
It kinda looks like a Chrysanthemum.

Which leads me to an astonishingly far-fetched bit of conjecture:
  • According to Wikipedia Chrysanthemums were first introduced to the US when somebody planted them on Elysian Fields in Hoboken. The fields are long gone, all that remains is Elysian Park.
  • And if you still take the dress as being an outline of Manhattan, the stem of the flower points roughly at Hoboken.
  • Also, Frank Sinatra performed a song called "I hear a Rhapsody". Sinatra was born in Hoboken and grew up quite poor, so that could qualify Hoboken as being "simple roots in rhapsodic man's soil"
Still no clue about the Isle of B to the north, though.

The Monkey Man
Jun 10, 2012

HERD U WERE TALKIN SHIT

KennyMan666 posted:

Actually, there's one thing I can't remember seeing mentioned in the thread - in the picture for the seventh cask, there's a dog (?) head on the wall in the lower right. That has to mean something.

There are also a whole bunch of warped checkers around that dog's head- maybe they represent irregular city blocks?

Deteriorata
Feb 6, 2005

ruebennase posted:

It kinda looks like a Chrysanthemum.

Which leads me to an astonishingly far-fetched bit of conjecture:
  • According to Wikipedia Chrysanthemums were first introduced to the US when somebody planted them on Elysian Fields in Hoboken. The fields are long gone, all that remains is Elysian Park.
  • And if you still take the dress as being an outline of Manhattan, the stem of the flower points roughly at Hoboken.
  • Also, Frank Sinatra performed a song called "I hear a Rhapsody". Sinatra was born in Hoboken and grew up quite poor, so that could qualify Hoboken as being "simple roots in rhapsodic man's soil"
Still no clue about the Isle of B to the north, though.

I was toying with "him of Hard word in 3 Vols." as referring to Fiorello La Guardia, who served three terms as mayor. The native/natives lines might refer to road signs pointing to Jamaica and La Guardia Airport. There are North and South Brother Islands off the west coast of Riker's Island north of the airport. Unfortunately, in order to look north and see them you'd have to be standing in a waste treatment plant.

I'm trying to visualize Verse 10 as a travelogue, describing things along the way of a drive north on FDR starting from the UN building, then crossing the East River somewhere and driving out on Long Island. I haven't been able to make it all fit yet, though.

xie
Jul 29, 2004

I GET UPSET WHEN PEOPLE SPEND THEIR MONEY ON WASTEFUL THINGS THAT I DONT APPROVE OF :capitalism:
Oh also there is a pig's head visible in the painting (the negative space by the bird's claw), which could refer both to the Porcelain Gate in Harvard Yard, or the actual Porcelain Club on Mass ave.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/7/75/1324_Massachusetts_Ave_Cambridge_MA.jpg

The porcelain club is an old secret society/finals club and very connected to harvard. The bird also more or less takes the same stance as the one on the Lampoon Building.

Though the details in the paintings tend to match up perfectly with the sites we know so far, rather than being just nearby, right?

xie fucked around with this message at 18:03 on Jun 1, 2013

allta
Mar 28, 2011
Some more things from that forum about San Francisco(cask 1). You know when you have a picture but instead of looking at it straight on you hold if infront of you looking the long way?

All of these pictures have barley visible clues that only really become apparent when we manipulate the image. so what if some of these things are so obvious but only if your looking at it the right way?

so let's try this, I'll take the SF image and load it into a word processor and stretch the image up and we get:

The mountains in the background become hills, and a few more appear in the background. This would be infinitely easier with a hard copy of the book.

Edit: Any San Francisco goons up for a feild trip to Golden Gate Park?

There's an interesting theory posted back in febuary, but there forum has such low traffic that no one there has fallowed up on it, and I definitely thing it's worth checking out. Also if you could get a picture of the Betsy Ross flag poll and the Lincoln Highway Marker so we can confirm/deny that they match up that would be great as well!

allta fucked around with this message at 17:53 on Jun 1, 2013

ruebennase
Oct 18, 2011

Deteriorata posted:

I was toying with "him of Hard word in 3 Vols." as referring to Fiorello La Guardia, who served three terms as mayor. The native/natives lines might refer to road signs pointing to Jamaica and La Guardia Airport. There are North and South Brother Islands off the west coast of Riker's Island north of the airport. Unfortunately, in order to look north and see them you'd have to be standing in a waste treatment plant.

I'm trying to visualize Verse 10 as a travelogue, describing things along the way of a drive north on FDR starting from the UN building, then crossing the East River somewhere and driving out on Long Island. I haven't been able to make it all fit yet, though.

Yeah, starting out at the UN, crossing via the Queens-Midtown Tunnel (the entrance to which is right at that heliport on FDR) could work.
That would take you to Vernon Blvd, "one branch of the V" could refer to a street crossing or branching off from Vernon.
There are a couple small parks west of Vernon and to the North of those is Roosevelt Island, which used to be called Blackwell Island.
Don't see an obvious connection to a rhapsodic man though.

xie
Jul 29, 2004

This sounds crazy as poo poo but I really really think it's in Longfellow Park.

Look at the shape of Longfellow Park and look at the shape of the Portal behind Pandora/the lady.

http://goo.gl/maps/AXtuc

There are stairs in the park... if you street view it the stones on the outside VERY strongly resemble the stones around the portal as well as the ) ) by the globe.

And there's a dot in the center of the portal showing where to possibly dig. I'm going down there and will be back shortly.

xie fucked around with this message at 18:09 on Jun 1, 2013

reagan
Apr 29, 2008

by Lowtax

ruebennase posted:

There are a couple small parks west of Vernon and to the North of those is Roosevelt Island, which used to be called Blackwell Island.

I was just going to mention that. And it kind of works, if the Isle is actually an island.

ZombieLenin
Sep 6, 2009

"Democracy for the insignificant minority, democracy for the rich--that is the democracy of capitalist society." VI Lenin

[/quote]

The Monkey Man posted:

Here's some analysis from someone arguing that 9 is St. Louis:

If there's any of these that we're completely in the dark about, it's this one.

I'm willing to buy that this is montreal. I'd still like a couple things figured out before I'd before I'm completely convinced St. Lious is not an equally good choice.

First as just an observation, the lines on his head really look like arches to me; However, the person who did the above pro-St. Lious analysis must be right about the building outline in the shirt, and the step design on the shirt. These are very, very clearly supposed to represent real physical locations. So if not the places he suggests in St. Lious, where are these things seen in Montreal?

And I'm pretty convinced that the hair does form numbers, maybe 39 or 68. Do either of things mean anything in reference to Montreal?

Edit

Some thoughts on the connection between Montreal and St. Lious that are probably meaningless.
1. Both cities were originally founded by the French
2. Both cities were World's Fair host cities.

ZombieLenin fucked around with this message at 18:34 on Jun 1, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

xie
Jul 29, 2004

At the longfellow HOME there is housed the collection of all of his letters as well as many other famous archives, etc.

And the entire area is lit by lamplight.

And the stonework arches match the details in the globe.

https://maps.google.com/maps?oe=utf...ed=0CJsBEPwSMAM