Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mr. Crow
May 22, 2008

Snap City mayor for life

Cream-of-Plenty posted:

Yeah. According to Puce Moose, you're basically stalked by a handful of blank entities that constantly harass you by assuming the form of various OWB enemies. You kill the enemy and the entity runs off to spawn and commandeer another enemy. It almost sounds like a story, in and of itself. Rumor has it that Chris Avellone hates sneaky-sniper types, and designed OWB to be as hostile to that play-style as possible.

Hah, you answered that literally the post above me, my bad. Guess I'll look into and install those tweaks because that is the stupidest game mechanic ever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TehGherkin
May 24, 2008
Okay, I hate to be asking this yet again; especially since I'm going to have to ask it for Skyrim too, however.

What are the hippinest-happenest mods you folks are using at the moment? I own all the DLC. I'm going to be going through the OP, naturally, but I'm not sure how long it's been since that was updated and I don't wanna miss anything new I might not know about.

So far, I'm gonna grab Project Nevada, EVE (and the patch to get them working.) That's all I know.

Will The Armory work with those?

What I'd like:

More guns / armour / equipment. (Armory will likely have me covered, guns wise)

Quests that aren't terrible (Those bounty hunter ones were okay)

Any cool radio stations that aren't in the OP.

I love little cosmetic stuff like cool sunglasses, smokable cigarettes / cigars, extra hats, etc. I'm probably gonna grab Signature Weapons / Armour if I can make it play nice with everything else so I can wear my duster and cowboy hat right up until I decide to stomp around in power armour.

And something to maybe spice up the graphics a bit, specifically the faces if it's out there? I'm on a 32-bit OS, 2GB of RAM, an AMD Athlon X4 750K Quad Core 3.4GHz and an AMD Radeon 7700. So nothing too spicy, I guess!
I'm feeling a little glum at losing literally hundreds of hours of Skyrim, Dragon Age, New Vegas, X-COM etc, saves, but we will rebuild :negative:

EDIT: Thank you muchly, that's a good start for me :3:

TehGherkin fucked around with this message at 12:42 on May 31, 2013

Mr.Hotkeys
Dec 27, 2008

you're just thinking too much
There aren't any major conflicts between Project Nevada and The Armory, but you'll want to get FNVEdit and the guide from the OP and make a merge patch so the leveled lists will include both and perks will work on all the appropriate guns. For armor, I've been using TG's Armor Collection, it's pretty lore inappropriate but a lot of the less tacticlol stuff ("Professional" :swoon:) looks really good. Satchels and Tailor Maid include a few things as well but mostly just let you spice up other armors and that's fun. FOOK adds a bunch of cool armor too, but it's not modular so if you want that, you get everything else, and merging it with PN and TA can be a bitch (but is possible). I just found Sunglasses Collection NV yesterday, and haven't gotten it yet since the authority glasses work for me just fine, but it looks like it covers your need for new glasses, and Cosmetic Cigarettes is my favorite of all the cigarette mods just for being straightforward and lightweight.

Signature Weapons/Armor should work with pretty much everything no matter what, at least I'd think, unless a mod adds a gun that does something really weird. Also I don't think AG Supplementary Uniques gets enough love, some of the guns are dumb but some are really neat (Whatzit is the best early game weapon). Also Gloves Galore gives you a bunch of gloves, though only a few work for outfits without sleeves.

For other stuff, I've recently fallen for THE5 Combat Assistant, just because the effects look so good even if opening the pipboy to change what's active is clunky. Also they're all just sitting in Doc Mitchell's house, which is cheaty but it makes the early game bearable when you're using something that makes nights darker. There's a few other nightvision mods on the Nexus you might want to check out that I don't like as much but they add neat looking stuff.

Also there's a bunch of smaller mods that you should probably look into as well, I can't play without Faction ID Cards, the Weapon Mod Menu, Readius (snag this too to fix a lot of bugs with it), and No Armor Speed Penalty. Invisible Armored Vests is really good, too, if you want to use a weaker armor for its aesthetics (love me some Powder Ganger clothes) without getting chewed up by everything that crosses your path.

Alright, now my turn. How's A World of Pain?

Timeless Appeal
May 28, 2006
If you don't mind using body re-placers, Spice of Life is my favorite armor mod. It adds a good deal of mostly lore appropriate outfits that blend in well with the vanilla outfits. The only downside to it is that on a few outfits, there are weapons textured onto the outfit itself. It actually looks cool on other characters, and it was pretty badass to have an outfit in which my character was stuffing his 9mm into the back of his jeans, but it does feel weird when it looks like your character has a weapon that does not actually exist.

Catalyst-proof
May 11, 2011

better waste some time with you
So, with Unlimited Companions, is there any way to get them to arrange themselves in formations? I would love this for slightly more useful tactical positioning (and so I can take group photos)

EDIT: Fixed my IWS situation.

Catalyst-proof fucked around with this message at 18:24 on May 31, 2013

grack
Jan 10, 2012

COACH TOTORO SAY REFEREE CAN BANISH WHISTLE TO LAND OF WIND AND GHOSTS!

Mr.Hotkeys posted:

There is some legitimately challenging stuff in World of Pain, but 99% of it is taking existing creatures and bumping the stats up 10-fold. The first time I tried playing through the content I got my poo poo handed to me by a Radroach (at about level 25).

That said, there is a ton of new interior space to explore and creatures to kill. The design is mostly well done as well.

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

"The world is a hellish place, and bad writing is destroying the quality of our suffering."

TehGherkin posted:

Okay, I hate to be asking this yet again; especially since I'm going to have to ask it for Skyrim too, however.

What are the hippinest-happenest mods you folks are using at the moment? I own all the DLC. I'm going to be going through the OP, naturally, but I'm not sure how long it's been since that was updated and I don't wanna miss anything new I might not know about.

So far, I'm gonna grab Project Nevada, EVE (and the patch to get them working.) That's all I know.

Will The Armory work with those?

What I'd like:

More guns / armour / equipment. (Armory will likely have me covered, guns wise)

Quests that aren't terrible (Those bounty hunter ones were okay)

Any cool radio stations that aren't in the OP.

I love little cosmetic stuff like cool sunglasses, smokable cigarettes / cigars, extra hats, etc. I'm probably gonna grab Signature Weapons / Armour if I can make it play nice with everything else so I can wear my duster and cowboy hat right up until I decide to stomp around in power armour.

And something to maybe spice up the graphics a bit, specifically the faces if it's out there? I'm on a 32-bit OS, 2GB of RAM, an AMD Athlon X4 750K Quad Core 3.4GHz and an AMD Radeon 7700. So nothing too spicy, I guess!
I'm feeling a little glum at losing literally hundreds of hours of Skyrim, Dragon Age, New Vegas, X-COM etc, saves, but we will rebuild :negative:

EDIT: Thank you muchly, that's a good start for me :3:

Literally the first thing in the OP, with sirens and everything, is the date of the last time it was updated. :sigh:

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 26 days!

Mr.Hotkeys posted:

Tedious.

E:

Mr.Hotkeys posted:

Also I don't think AG Supplementary Uniques gets enough love, some of the guns are dumb but some are really neat (Whatzit is the best early game weapon).

One of the nice things about this mod is the meshes are fairly modular, which let me do this to the lever action shotgun:

And got me a rad 1911.

All the weapon meshes are fairly modular, so if you have a good grasp on NifSkope, you can swap poo poo out pretty easily.

Beeb fucked around with this message at 04:32 on Jun 1, 2013

Phetz
Nov 7, 2008

Daddy like...
Fun Shoe

Mr.Hotkeys posted:

Also I don't think AG Supplementary Uniques gets enough love, some of the guns are dumb but some are really neat (Whatzit is the best early game weapon).

I feel like AGSU gets too much love, personally. The weapons themselves are for the most part super well-done and look great, but the way they're distributed is kind of silly. She went to the trouble to hide them in all kinds of nooks and crannies throughout the wasteland, so almost no matter where you are, you can be sure that one of AG's guns is there for you to find behind a bookshelf or on top of a locker or something. On the way to Primm alone you can probably find like 3-4 unique weapons just laying around, and after a certain point you're just using unique weapons for everything and all the "common" weaponry becomes kind of meaningless except as repair fodder. I suppose it's worth a try, though, just to play with all those new toys.

As for mods I do like, I've been running with FOOK lately and having an absolute blast. You lose a little flexibility due to the sheer amount of things it changes, but I've got it running with Jsawyer, CCO Gameplay, CCO Follower Tweaks, Outside Bets, and Project Nevada Core, and it's a ton of fun. I may even finish my playthrough this time!

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

"The world is a hellish place, and bad writing is destroying the quality of our suffering."

Phetz posted:

I feel like AGSU gets too much love, personally. The weapons themselves are for the most part super well-done and look great, but the way they're distributed is kind of silly. She went to the trouble to hide them in all kinds of nooks and crannies throughout the wasteland, so almost no matter where you are, you can be sure that one of AG's guns is there for you to find behind a bookshelf or on top of a locker or something. On the way to Primm alone you can probably find like 3-4 unique weapons just laying around, and after a certain point you're just using unique weapons for everything and all the "common" weaponry becomes kind of meaningless except as repair fodder. I suppose it's worth a try, though, just to play with all those new toys.

I've said basically the exact same thing in the past. The weapons are really well done, creative, and use vanilla resources (so they blend in with the rest of the game). It's just that there are so many weapons that you can't walk into a room without finding a "unique" weapon after 15-20 seconds of searching. Maybe this summer I'll snatch the latest version, make a well-rounded list of 30-35 weapons, and cut the rest out. I'd call it, "Supplementary Uniques - Curtailed Kit".

Phetz
Nov 7, 2008

Daddy like...
Fun Shoe

Cream-of-Plenty posted:

I've said basically the exact same thing in the past. The weapons are really well done, creative, and use vanilla resources (so they blend in with the rest of the game). It's just that there are so many weapons that you can't walk into a room without finding a "unique" weapon after 15-20 seconds of searching. Maybe this summer I'll snatch the latest version, make a well-rounded list of 30-35 weapons, and cut the rest out. I'd call it, "Supplementary Uniques - Curtailed Kit".

That'd be really cool! I've been thinking the author should have just dumped the guns GRA-style on the Gun Runners, Van Graffs and Boomers, or maybe on some custom vendor that sells "curios and relics," instead of having people play gun-Pokemon or whatever.

TexMexFoodbaby
Sep 6, 2011

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Phetz posted:

That'd be really cool! I've been thinking the author should have just dumped the guns GRA-style on the Gun Runners, Van Graffs and Boomers, or maybe on some custom vendor that sells "curios and relics," instead of having people play gun-Pokemon or whatever.

Hell I'd play that. Both versions even.

Mr.Hotkeys
Dec 27, 2008

Cream-of-Plenty posted:

It's just that there are so many weapons that you can't walk into a room without finding a "unique" weapon after 15-20 seconds of searching.

You can never have too many choices for tools to murder fiends and Legion scum :clint:

Though, it is fair to say they tend to overshadow the normal versions, but still, it keeps things fresh when you're finding weird 20ga SMGs and rifles that shoot nails. And Signature Weapons lets you pick the regular versions and not be worse off for it.

grack posted:

99% of it is taking existing creatures and bumping the stats up 10-fold.

Alright thanks, I'll skip it, then. I'd be all over it if you fought many enemies with regular stats but I don't care to go anywhere near something that adds a bunch of bullet sponges, not after just beating OWB.

Capn Beeb posted:

All the weapon meshes are fairly modular, so if you have a good grasp on NifSkope, you can swap poo poo out pretty easily.

Last playthrough I learned .esp editing, this playthrough I learned messing with .dds files to change textures. Looks like next playhtrough I'll learn how to do .nif stuff because drat.

Falken
Jan 26, 2004

Do you feel like a hero yet?
I've been playing with the S.T.A.L.K.E.R. weapons mod, and I'm loving it. I got my hands on a plethora of different pistols early on, including a Colt 1911, Browning S HP, Beretta M93, M92, and a Sig 220. I can't wait to start finding SMGs and rifles.

One thing I'm looking for is some faces I can use for characters that are better than the stock ones, but not all uguu~ for both male and female. 100% of the ones I found on nexus have that lovely realdoll flare to them. :gonk: I'm using the TFH Rugged Race mod, but my character doesn't look nearly as good as the examples.

Also, the field jacket in the TG armor collection is really nice.

Falken fucked around with this message at 12:20 on Jun 1, 2013

As Nero Danced
Sep 3, 2009

Alright, let's do this

Mr.Hotkeys posted:

You can never have too many choices for tools to murder fiends and Legion scum :clint:

Though, it is fair to say they tend to overshadow the normal versions, but still, it keeps things fresh when you're finding weird 20ga SMGs and rifles that shoot nails. And Signature Weapons lets you pick the regular versions and not be worse off for it.

Alright thanks, I'll skip it, then. I'd be all over it if you fought many enemies with regular stats but I don't care to go anywhere near something that adds a bunch of bullet sponges, not after just beating OWB.

Last playthrough I learned .esp editing, this playthrough I learned messing with .dds files to change textures. Looks like next playhtrough I'll learn how to do .nif stuff because drat.

I just put myself through a trial run by adding a scope to a rifle. Nifskope is intimidating at first, but once you're comfortable it gets easier.

TehGherkin
May 24, 2008

Cream-of-Plenty posted:

Literally the first thing in the OP, with sirens and everything, is the date of the last time it was updated. :sigh:

Are you actually complaining about people asking about new mods / cool mods people are using that might not be listed in the OP? Sure, it was updated in March. It's now June. So what's your point?

Thanks for all the answers, people. Between what you've listed and what's up in the OP I should be able to have things almost the way they were.

Between this and Skyrim I'm probably gonna be doing more mod installation than gaming this evening.

EDIT:

Falken posted:

I've been playing with the S.T.A.L.K.E.R. weapons mod, and I'm loving it. I got my hands on a plethora of different pistols early on, including a Colt 1911, Browning S HP, Beretta M93, M92, and a Sig 220. I can't wait to start finding SMGs and rifles.

One thing I'm looking for is some faces I can use for characters that are better than the stock ones, but not all uguu~ for both male and female. 100% of the ones I found on nexus have that lovely realdoll flare to them. :gonk: I'm using the TFH Rugged Race mod, but my character doesn't look nearly as good as the examples.

I would also be interested in this. I can do it in Skyrim, but for some reason I can never make a character I'm totally happy with looks-wise in New Vegas. Not ever.

Double EDIT: Just to check, if I'm using Signature Weapons / Armour, but I'm not using my signature weapon or armour at the time, I won't suffer the experience penalty, right?

TehGherkin fucked around with this message at 16:48 on Jun 1, 2013

Albino Rhino
May 29, 2006
I'm about to install the Armory, but I'm not quite sure what options I should activate. I obviously want the weapons to appear in the world and have eneimes use them. Will just the base mod do this and give them to vendors? Do people recommend using the level list and what about the incomplete placing them in the wastelands? Thanks.

Naky
May 30, 2001

Resident Crackhead
The base ESM for The Armory will do absolutely nothing to your game. You need the support esps to have the weapons show up in the game, so vendors/enemies/etc will be in the leveled lists esp or if you don't want enemies or stores using cool poo poo that only you want to be using, use the cheat cabinet esp. The DLC style starter packs are meant to be exactly that, a DLC style starter pack that pre-loads a combination of weapons to start the game with and a limited amount of ammo for them as well. You can use as many as you want but I'd recommend using one at a time. The rest are DLC support patches or other kind of optionals.

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

TehGherkin posted:

Are you actually complaining about people asking about new mods / cool mods people are using that might not be listed in the OP? Sure, it was updated in March. It's now June. So what's your point?

I'm "complaining" because you said you didn't know when it was updated, you fool.

Cream-of-Plenty fucked around with this message at 18:05 on Jun 1, 2013

TehGherkin
May 24, 2008

Cream-of-Plenty posted:

I'm "complaining" because you said you didn't know when it was updated, you fool.

My point was that I didn't look when I made the post, and since I asked, went to bed, then woke up, came home and started modding, why would I have had to right then?

Piss off, having a helpful OP doesn't give you license to be a wanker over it.

EDIT: To be fair, "You fool" is hostile in itself, I just responded in kind, however, you're to free to make as many inferences on my actual personality from my internet posts as you like.

And no thanks, I'd rather increase the capability of enemies than increase the amount of them, if I have that choice :)

TehGherkin fucked around with this message at 18:27 on Jun 1, 2013

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

TehGherkin posted:

My point was that I didn't look when I made the post, and since I asked, went to bed, then woke up, came home and started modding, why would I have had to right then?

Piss off, having a helpful OP doesn't give you license to be a wanker over it.

Jesus, you're getting all hostile over nothing. You seem like a tough guy. I'd recommend Increased Wasteland Spawns.

SpitefulHammer
Dec 27, 2012
So I saw on RPS today that some massive mod has been released called Project Brazil (http://newvegas.nexusmods.com/mods/45138/) it's set in a whole new wasteland and looks pretty good. I'm still in the middle of my New Vegas playthrough so I won't be trying it for a while but maybe someone else could give impressions?

TehGherkin
May 24, 2008
Arguments aside, I have a fairly basic load order worked out here. If anyone sees any glaring issues with it, let me know.

code:
[X] FalloutNV.esm
[X] DeadMoney.esm
[X] HonestHearts.esm
[X] OldWorldBlues.esm
[X] LonesomeRoad.esm
[X] GunRunnersArsenal.esm
[X] Project Nevada - Core.esm
[X] Project Nevada - Equipment.esm
[X] ClassicPack.esm
[X] MercenaryPack.esm
[X] TribalPack.esm
[X] CaravanPack.esm
[X] Project Nevada - Cyberware.esp
[X] FactionIDCards.esp
[X] Project Nevada - Dead Money.esp
[X] Project Nevada - Honest Hearts.esp
[X] Project Nevada - Old World Blues.esp
[X] Project Nevada - Lonesome Road.esp
[X] Project Nevada - Gun Runners' Arsenal.esp
[X] TFH Rugged Race.esp
[X] WeaponModsExpanded.esp
[X] Project Nevada - WMX.esp
[X] WMX-DeadMoney.esp
[X] WMX-HonestHearts.esp
[X] WMX-OldWorldBlues.esp
[X] WMX-LonesomeRoad.esp
[X] WMX-GunRunnersArsenal.esp
[X] WMX-PreOrderPackClassic.esp
[X] WMX-PreOrderPackCaravan.esp
[X] WMX-PreOrderPackMercenary.esp
[X] WMX-PreOrderPackTribal.esp
[X] EVE FNV - ALL DLC.esp
[X] WMX-EVE-AllDLC.esp
[X] Project Nevada - EVE All DLC.esp
I plan to add more mods but I want to see if it's all working and playing nicely with these "Basics" (i.e, the minimum i want before i actually play)

EDIT: Yeah I did indeed, and alright, will do, thanks mate.

TehGherkin fucked around with this message at 21:52 on Jun 1, 2013

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

TehGherkin posted:

Arguments aside, I have a fairly basic load order worked out here. If anyone sees any glaring issues with it, let me know.

code:
[X] FalloutNV.esm
[X] DeadMoney.esm
[X] HonestHearts.esm
[X] OldWorldBlues.esm
[X] LonesomeRoad.esm
[X] GunRunnersArsenal.esm
[X] Project Nevada - Core.esm
[X] Project Nevada - Equipment.esm
[X] ClassicPack.esm
[X] MercenaryPack.esm
[X] TribalPack.esm
[X] CaravanPack.esm
[X] Project Nevada - Cyberware.esp
[X] FactionIDCards.esp
[X] Project Nevada - Dead Money.esp
[X] Project Nevada - Honest Hearts.esp
[X] Project Nevada - Old World Blues.esp
[X] Project Nevada - Lonesome Road.esp
[X] Project Nevada - Gun Runners' Arsenal.esp
[X] TFH Rugged Race.esp
[X] WeaponModsExpanded.esp
[X] Project Nevada - WMX.esp
[X] WMX-DeadMoney.esp
[X] WMX-HonestHearts.esp
[X] WMX-OldWorldBlues.esp
[X] WMX-LonesomeRoad.esp
[X] WMX-GunRunnersArsenal.esp
[X] WMX-PreOrderPackClassic.esp
[X] WMX-PreOrderPackCaravan.esp
[X] WMX-PreOrderPackMercenary.esp
[X] WMX-PreOrderPackTribal.esp
[X] EVE FNV - ALL DLC.esp
[X] WMX-EVE-AllDLC.esp
[X] Project Nevada - EVE All DLC.esp
I plan to add more mods but I want to see if it's all working and playing nicely with these "Basics" (i.e, the minimum i want before i actually play)

It looks pretty much fine. Did you run it through BOSS? Also, since you have pretty much every official DLC, you could get away with running WMX - Ultimate Edition, which is a bunch of DLC plugins merged into a single .esp, instead of all of those separate WMX .esps. It'll help trim down your load order.

TexMexFoodbaby
Sep 6, 2011

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

SpitefulHammer posted:

So I saw on RPS today that some massive mod has been released called Project Brazil (http://newvegas.nexusmods.com/mods/45138/) it's set in a whole new wasteland and looks pretty good. I'm still in the middle of my New Vegas playthrough so I won't be trying it for a while but maybe someone else could give impressions?

I was also reading stuff about this and I must say that it looks pretty interesting. I'll give it a play then write down some thoughts later on if it was fun or not.

King Doom
Dec 1, 2004
I am on the Internet.

Falken posted:

Somewhere in the depths of the nexus there is or at least was a massive celebrity facepack for new vegas, but it was only an asset and you had to add them in yourself.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

King Doom posted:

Somewhere in the depths of the nexus there is or at least was a massive celebrity facepack for new vegas, but it was only an asset and you had to add them in yourself.

Is that the one that has John Wayne, Snake Plissken, Chuck Norris, etc.?

King Doom
Dec 1, 2004
I am on the Internet.
I have no idea, I just know it exists.

Sod it, went and found it.

http://newvegas.nexusmods.com/mods/40661/

crazy nexus guy posted:

Barack Obama - This one was listed on request, I do not support the Communist, nor do i wish to hear your thoughts on the matter.

King Doom fucked around with this message at 23:14 on Jun 1, 2013

Falken
Jan 26, 2004

Any good hair packs available? I checked out "Anthony Lings" but the previews don't look that special.

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

King Doom posted:

I have no idea, I just know it exists.

Sod it, went and found it.

http://newvegas.nexusmods.com/mods/40661/

I want to put his face... on...

Snoop Radley
Sep 26, 2011

Hail to the baby king. :3:

Falken posted:

Any good hair packs available? I checked out "Anthony Lings" but the previews don't look that special.
Project Mikoto has a larger selection of hairstyles than Ling. Unfortunately, a huge portion of them are waaay too anime (for me anyway), but there's a bunch of nice ones in there somewhere.

Snoop Radley fucked around with this message at 10:59 on Jun 2, 2013

Catalyst-proof
May 11, 2011

better waste some time with you
Is there a mod that improves the Lucky 38 suite and has Sortomatic support? I love the look and layout of Lucky 38 Suite Expansion Expanded but no way in hell am I manually sorting all of my crap.

Alternatively, what storage houses do people recommend? I'd really like something near the Strip.

EDIT: Okay, the Lucky 38 Suite Reloaded is pretty fantastic in terms of autosorting. Wish it supported Armory weapons but maybe I could make that a project.

Catalyst-proof fucked around with this message at 13:57 on Jun 2, 2013

Falken
Jan 26, 2004

Snoop Radley posted:

Project Mikoto has a larger selection of hairstyles than Ling. Unfortunately, a huge portion of them are waaay too anime (for me anyway), but there's a bunch of nice ones in there somewhere.
Yeah, there's like maybe 5 or 6 realish ones. Unfortunately this mod also sets about giving everyone doll eyes, so I'm going to steer clear.

SpitefulHammer
Dec 27, 2012

Falken posted:

Yeah, there's like maybe 5 or 6 realish ones. Unfortunately this mod also sets about giving everyone doll eyes, so I'm going to steer clear.

Lings is no different there though, most of the hairstyles are named after ff7 characters. There's only a handful of realish ones but yeah, the eyes seem ok.

Also, the raider races it unlocks have pink hands. Had to use a seperate mod to unlock usable raider/ghoul skins and most of the new hairstyles don't seem to show up for Male African American chars.

Hopefully the next Fallout game will have better hair and faces, Skyrims were a vast improvement.

Snoop Radley
Sep 26, 2011

Hail to the baby king. :3:

Falken posted:

Huh. I don't think the replacement eyes for Mikoto are horrible at all, actually I kind of like them. Maybe they appeal to my girly side. :shobon:

I do wish there were more hairstyles that look like something someone wandering in the desert would have.

Falken
Jan 26, 2004

That's pretty much what I want. Although the stock ones suffice, I'd like some variety. Also, they should really steer clear of long hairstyles as they're a rigid model stuck on top.

Mr.Hotkeys
Dec 27, 2008

I was looking into Spice of Life but it requires a body replacer. How much will this conflict with other mods that add armor made for vanilla bodies and not for that specific body type? I have kind of a bunch of mods adding armor (:woop: dressup :woop:) and I'm just going to skip it if what it needs will make the others incompatible.

Rabhadh
Aug 26, 2007
The armours work fine without the body replacer. Not perfectly, but fine.

e: This came up earlier, but what part of LPAM do I have to edit in FNVEdit to remove the Metro 2033 helmet from the NCR troops?

Rabhadh fucked around with this message at 00:34 on Jun 3, 2013

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

Rabhadh posted:

The armours work fine without the body replacer. Not perfectly, but fine.

e: This came up earlier, but what part of LPAM do I have to edit in FNVEdit to remove the Metro 2033 helmet from the NCR troops?

I don't know about editing it from FNVEdit, but if you open up LPAM and go to its distribution script (the only script in the mod) in GECK, you can just cut or comment-out the lines that add the helmet to the leveled lists. That's probably the cleanest way to do it. Regardless of what you do, you'll have to start a new game for the effects to take place, because once something is added to lists via script, it's basically there to stay.

Mr.Hotkeys posted:

I was looking into Spice of Life but it requires a body replacer. How much will this conflict with other mods that add armor made for vanilla bodies and not for that specific body type? I have kind of a bunch of mods adding armor (:woop: dressup :woop:) and I'm just going to skip it if what it needs will make the others incompatible.

Seconding what Rabhadh said, your game won't break. But, for example, you will come across armors that will have black space on them where there should be skin (because you're supposed to be using a custom model). Also, I think that some of the outfits were intended to be used with a "detached" PipBoy, so they don't take into consideration wearing a PipBoy on your wrist. That means that it will be really difficult to navigate your Pipboy while wearing certain outfits, since they will literally clip through the screen.

Cream-of-Plenty fucked around with this message at 01:22 on Jun 3, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endymion FRS MK1
Oct 29, 2011

I don't know what this thing is, and I don't care. I'm just tired of seeing your stupid newbie av from 2011.

SplitSoul posted:

I want to put his face... on...

You know what you must do.