Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SHAQ4PREZ
Dec 21, 2004

How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Economy Car

veedubfreak posted:

Why take a decent red paint job

Let me stop you right there. It was three different shades of red, most panels were dented or rusty and at some point had a half assed respray that was peeling on the improperly prepped bumpers/trim.

RuPaul Levesque posted:

Maybe he is a teenager working at McDonald's, tough guy. :colbert:

Teenager working tech support at the time. This was seven years ago though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cancelbot
Nov 22, 2006

Canceling spam since 1928

Lowclock posted:

Do you know what Dynamat is for? In case you weren't sure, this is a rhetorical question, and the answer is no.

Raising my old post a bit but yes it was confusing, to clarify: the terrible thing isn't the use of it. It's the abuse of it.

Progressive JPEG posted:

i totally agree, it's way more effective to treat the deadening material (dynamat or otherwise) as an ingredient rather than the sole solution. adding something to absorb the noise would be incredibly more effective, likely with less added weight to boot

Basically this, coating every metallic surface with the stuff achieves little extra benefit over treating key areas (like where speakers are)

Neptr
Mar 1, 2011

OneStopShop posted:

Let me stop you right there. It was three different shades of red, most panels were dented or rusty and at some point had a half assed respray that was peeling on the improperly prepped bumpers/trim.

Teenager working tech support at the time. This was seven years ago though.

I was going to agree with veedub until you posted this. The posted picture looked like it needed some professional TLC on the paint, but would've looked better for less money than respraying.

Dizman
Jun 10, 2004
I'm very dizzy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LWI_jc4agYs

General_Failure
Apr 17, 2005

That video makes me really angry. If people want to be idiots with that on private property or whatever let them do it. Hell, I'll be the first to laugh and say it serves them right if they get maimed. But that poo poo doesn't fly on public roads. How the hell did they pull that off without being beaten half to death by the local police.

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

I imagine that's part of why they had a chase car.

Kenshin
Jan 10, 2007
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wcxraEg2eRA

:stare:

PainterofCrap
Oct 17, 2002

hey bebe

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

CHEVRVEHC

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

Aurune
Jun 17, 2006

Great, now we need to burn a classic car.

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

Probably burn really easy with all that lard. :v:

Q_res
Oct 29, 2005

We're fucking built for this shit!

Jesus Christ, that dude legit scares me. I love that he manages to get pissed off at the car for him being a huge loving idiot. I was kinda disappointed he didn't go through his sunroof when he jumped on it though.

Aurune
Jun 17, 2006

Q_res posted:

Jesus Christ, that dude legit scares me. I love that he manages to get pissed off at the car for him being a huge loving idiot. I was kinda disappointed he didn't go through his sunroof when he jumped on it though.

WTF?! He has to be high. Why the hell did the others help him? This video asks too many questions.

Ringo Star Get
Sep 18, 2006

JUST FUCKING TAKE OFF ALREADY, SHIT

My one theory on this is that he accidentally wrecked it into the fence, and rather than have his insurance go up, he's beating the piss out of it to dump it someplace to make it seem like it was stolen, joyridden, and then trashed.

That or crystal meth.

Black88GTA
Oct 8, 2009

Aurune posted:

WTF?! He has to be high. Why the hell did the others help him? This video asks too many questions.

Nevermind that, why the hell did the others get back in the car with him afterwards? I'd have been on the phone with the cops and a cab service about 0.5 seconds after he started jumping on the hood.

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002
Hate to assume but, because Russians?

Fo3
Feb 14, 2004

RAAAAARGH!!!! GIFT CARDS ARE FUCKING RETARDED!!!!

(I need a hug)

In the end those people get back in the car with him behind the wheel driving it with a completely smashed windscreen. :stare:

Astroman
Apr 8, 2001

Why is it when I see that picture I hear Yakity Sax in my head and picture him driving after cute girls in fast motion? :iiam:

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

General_Failure posted:

That video makes me really angry. If people want to be idiots with that on private property or whatever let them do it. Hell, I'll be the first to laugh and say it serves them right if they get maimed. But that poo poo doesn't fly on public roads. How the hell did they pull that off without being beaten half to death by the local police.

Because Eastern Europe.

ewiley
Jul 9, 2003

More trash for the trash fire

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
I'm pretty sure that when the manual says not to park with only part of the tire on the curb, this isn't the implied solution:

Das Volk
Nov 19, 2002

by Cyrano4747
Fixed that for you.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

Where the hell are the cops?

Polymerized Cum
May 5, 2012

CommieGIR posted:

Where the hell are the cops?

If I ever live in a place where someone can drive up a lamp post and then proceed to peel wheel and beat on their ride for over TEN MINUTES I will know that it is time to move.

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.

Polymerized Cum posted:

If I ever live in a place where someone can drive up a lamp post and then proceed to peel wheel and beat on their ride for over TEN MINUTES I will know that it is time to drive like I'm in a race or demolition derby.

Fixed that for you - and this may explain russian driving fairly well.

`Nemesis
Dec 30, 2000

railroad graffiti
Pretty sure they're speaking spanish in that video, so guessing this is from Mexico or South America... I think cops in Spain would have shown up to this kind of thing.

veedubfreak
Apr 2, 2005

by Smythe
METH not even once.

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg
:colbert:

the gently caress?

Lain Iwakura
Aug 5, 2004

The body exists only to verify one's own existence.

Taco Defender

Zefiel
Sep 14, 2007

You can do whatever you want in life.

`Nemesis posted:

Pretty sure they're speaking spanish in that video, so guessing this is from Mexico or South America... I think cops in Spain would have shown up to this kind of thing.

It IS Spanish, but the accent doesn't match Mexico. I'm almost sure it's Argentina, but it could be many places in South America. In Mexico cops would've been all over that for the bribes they could've extorted.

Kenshin
Jan 10, 2007

`Nemesis posted:

From the video description on VideoSift where I got it from, it happened in Spain.

`Nemesis
Dec 30, 2000

railroad graffiti
So much for my assumptions :)

Lain Iwakura
Aug 5, 2004

Taco Defender
Stupid poo poo you pull with your car:
http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=04a_1370304152

Yes. That is a tree.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

OSI bean dip posted:

Yes. That is a tree.

Almost 6 minutes and nothing horrific happens. I expected the car to at least end up on it's roof.

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg
:colbert:

I expected the branch to land on the parked car

Lain Iwakura
Aug 5, 2004

Taco Defender

Rhyno posted:

Almost 6 minutes and nothing horrific happens. I expected the car to at least end up on it's roof.

I don't think that the car has enough torque to do anything more than make some leaves fall.

Plexiwatt
Sep 6, 2002

by exmarx

OSI bean dip posted:

I don't think that the car has enough torque to do anything more than make some leaves fall.

Someone smarter please chime in, but my impression is that torque isn't the issue at all--that car has neither the mass nor the contact patch area with the ground to pull that tree's roots out of the ground.

EightBit
Jan 7, 2006
I spent money on this line of text just to make the "Stupid Newbie" go away.

Plexiwatt posted:

Someone smarter please chime in, but my impression is that torque isn't the issue at all--that car has neither the mass nor the contact patch area with the ground to pull that tree's roots out of the ground.

Well, you have to have a balance of both. All the contact patch and mass in the world won't help if you have really tall gears and keep stalling the engine. Little cars don't have much of either.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

OSI bean dip posted:

Yes. That is a tree.

Hey, sometimes the tools you got aren't the tools you need, you gotta make due.

Powershift fucked around with this message at 13:25 on Jun 4, 2013