Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
GodspeedSphere
Apr 25, 2008
GT: KinkyMonkey577

I'm level 7 at this point, doing my first playthrough. Anyone wanna join the noob train?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ShadowedFlames
Dec 26, 2009

Shoot this guy in the face.

Fallen Rib
Yeah, so THIS kinda happened...

Krampus Grewcock
Aug 26, 2010

Gruss vom Krampus!

ShadowedFlames posted:

gently caress, I am so trying that now.

Ashekaban
Aug 30, 2011
Successfully beat terramorphus on uvhm. My brain hurts from figuring out how to do it.

delpheye
Jun 18, 2004

I'm gonna fuck me a moon man!

ShadowedFlames posted:

I try this every time I'm running that mission and I've never been able to do it. Were you able to drive it all the way out of the other end of the pipe?

Meli-Lightfox
Feb 19, 2012

Mew
You hit a invisible wall where I took the picture. He tried to continue to back it up the pipe but it wouldn't budge past that point. I think the only reason it made it in there was we hit the ramp slightly at an angle.

ShadowedFlames
Dec 26, 2009

Shoot this guy in the face.

Fallen Rib

Meli-Lightfox posted:

You hit a invisible wall where I took the picture. He tried to continue to back it up the pipe but it wouldn't budge past that point. I think the only reason it made it in there was we hit the ramp slightly at an angle.

That, the rebound didn't take me out of the pipe, and I turboed up the ramp to hit the pipe.

I couldn't drive it forward from my landing spot, so perhaps going forward you can run it further than I did. I was shocked I got it that far.

Video Nasty
Jun 17, 2003

Wound up going offline over the weekend and sitting my Psycho in the UVHM Tier 3 bar brawl, letting my buddy's Gunzerker annihilate everything.
He was set up as a double-pistol Gunzerker / 2 Infinities and 2 Unkempt Harolds / I could complete the bar brawl in a minute flat consistently. I got my psycho up to $7mil selling lvl61 gear I didn't need, and really started raking in points.
The Gunzerker is the only class I haven't started yet, and I think that's what I'll begin when Tina's DLC drops. It's a very refreshing playstyle since it really focuses on gun usage and makes you want to find the perfect loadout to march through an area.

delpheye
Jun 18, 2004

Jake Blues posted:

Wound up going offline over the weekend and sitting my Psycho in the UVHM Tier 3 bar brawl, letting my buddy's Gunzerker annihilate everything.
He was set up as a double-pistol Gunzerker / 2 Infinities and 2 Unkempt Harolds / I could complete the bar brawl in a minute flat consistently. I got my psycho up to $7mil selling lvl61 gear I didn't need, and really started raking in points.
The Gunzerker is the only class I haven't started yet, and I think that's what I'll begin when Tina's DLC drops. It's a very refreshing playstyle since it really focuses on gun usage and makes you want to find the perfect loadout to march through an area.

I have a gunzerker build that only requires 5 different pieces of gear. A Sham, Logan's Gun, Hoarder mod with + to 6 shots for 5, as many topneaa rocket launchers are you can come up with(I can dupe you good ones), and I guess an explosive relic is good too, though it doesn't matter so much when you fire 40+ rockets before you reload. I almost never reload and fire 10000000 rockets constantly. The only thing the build isn't very good at are flying enemies(can easily switch out for any gun you want, as you'll be regenerating ammo all the time), and raid bosses that don't have very many adds that shoot at you.

Video Nasty
Jun 17, 2003

delpheye posted:

I have a gunzerker build that only requires 5 different pieces of gear. A Sham, Logan's Gun, Hoarder mod with + to 6 shots for 5, as many topneaa rocket launchers are you can come up with(I can dupe you good ones), and I guess an explosive relic is good too, though it doesn't matter so much when you fire 40+ rockets before you reload. I almost never reload and fire 10000000 rockets constantly. The only thing the build isn't very good at are flying enemies(can easily switch out for any gun you want, as you'll be regenerating ammo all the time), and raid bosses that don't have very many adds that shoot at you.
You're Arkitekt, right? I will definitely take you up on that dupe sometime this week. I am a whore for generosity.

Father Wendigo
Sep 28, 2005
This is, sadly, more important to me than bettering myself.

Alright, last night's Gunnerang gather was a total bust. I did finally manage to snag a 61 Rough Rider, though.

So, Poll Time: When are people good for a mass gunnerang run?

delpheye
Jun 18, 2004

Father Wendigo posted:

Alright, last night's Gunnerang gather was a total bust. I did finally manage to snag a 61 Rough Rider, though.

So, Poll Time: When are people good for a mass gunnerang run?

I'm free tonight. Probably tomorrow. Definitely Wednesday after ~1630 CDT, hahaha who am I kidding? I have very little for a social agenda right now. I'm DFW.

Jake Blues posted:

You're Arkitekt, right? I will definitely take you up on that dupe sometime this week. I am a whore for generosity.

yessir. If you see me on, just shoot me a message that you're ready for gunzerker biz and I'll drop in and explain my build and dupe some stuff. however, a warning about topneaa spamming. If you do bar room with anyone else, make sure they aren't using norfleets(I'll give you some of those too). I have confirmed 100% that topneaa spam + norfleet spam = host xbox locks up quickly. hahaha. norfleet + norfleet is fine, but topneaa's create a lot of work for the hosting xbox, and someone else using norfleets or topneaa's will definitely cause a problem.

delpheye fucked around with this message at 02:02 on Jun 4, 2013

Kifisonfire
Jan 15, 2008

So I was dicking around trying to do the challenge for killing people in the back seat of the technical, and this happened.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mc4X4UbJCNY

The melee buff seems to stick around, and you can throw your axe infinitely if you don't equip another gun/pull up the inventory. The item itself seems useless at the moment, but I'm sure there must be a way to trade or duel for it.

Video Nasty
Jun 17, 2003

Could you drop it from your inventory and have the buzz axe lying on the ground? Could you repeat that so the ground is littered in pickup-able buzz axes? :neckbeard:

delpheye
Jun 18, 2004

Jake Blues posted:

Could you drop it from your inventory and have the buzz axe lying on the ground? Could you repeat that so the ground is littered in pickup-able buzz axes? :neckbeard:

The better question is, can you duel dupe it?

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
I want to know if other characters can somehow equip it. :stare:

delpheye
Jun 18, 2004

CJacobs posted:

I want to know if other characters can somehow equip it. :stare:

gotta be able to duel dupe it first since it doesn't seem like you can drop it on the ground.

Kifisonfire
Jan 15, 2008

You can't drop it, you can't stash it and you can't sell it. You can't even favourite it in your inventory (But you can set it to trash, which is weird)

I haven't tried dueling yet, but I get the impression it wouldn't work either. Unless there's some way to get it into gibbed from a save file?

delpheye
Jun 18, 2004

If you can put it in your inventory/bank, save/quit, log back in and find it in your inventory/bank then there's a way to get a weapon code for it.

Kifisonfire
Jan 15, 2008

delpheye posted:

If you can put it in your inventory/bank, save/quit, log back in and find it in your inventory/bank then there's a way to get a weapon code for it.
I haven't tried saving/quitting, but it definitely disappears when you dashboard and reload the game.

You can put it back in your inventory once you've equipped it, but can't put it in the bank/stash. I mean, it has stats and an ammo count, and the game treats it like a pistol, so it must be a weapon.

Video Nasty
Jun 17, 2003

Stat capture:

- Looks like stats for a Roid damage sheild, not a pistol.

Kifisonfire
Jan 15, 2008

Jake Blues posted:

Stat capture:

- Looks like stats for a Roid damage sheild, not a pistol.
The stats are the same as the item which was above in in the inventory. Check the bandit roid shield you have on the right, it'll match up.

Video Nasty
Jun 17, 2003

Okay, that makes perfect sense - but what the gently caress is the symbol in the Close-Up Axe stats?

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
It's a x5, but the numbers are either in the millions or have decimal places so the x in the x5 overlaps it.

Angry Diplomat
Nov 7, 2009

Winner of the TSR Memorial Award for Excellence In Grogging

Kifisonfire posted:

So I was dicking around trying to do the challenge for killing people in the back seat of the technical, and this happened.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mc4X4UbJCNY

The melee buff seems to stick around, and you can throw your axe infinitely if you don't equip another gun/pull up the inventory. The item itself seems useless at the moment, but I'm sure there must be a way to trade or duel for it.

Oh my god. Oh my god. Does it stay in your inventory when you change zones? If it does, do you know what that means?

No-guns playthroughs.

SavageBastard
Nov 16, 2007
Professional Lurker

GodspeedSphere posted:

GT: KinkyMonkey577

I'm level 7 at this point, doing my first playthrough. Anyone wanna join the noob train?

Add me on Steam (SavageBastard) and I'll play with you sometimes.

Sisgmund
Jan 31, 2006

Angry Diplomat posted:

Oh my god. Oh my god. Does it stay in your inventory when you change zones? If it does, do you know what that means?

No-guns playthroughs.

Bahroo just finished uploading his no-gear UVHM play through of Krieg.

Kifisonfire
Jan 15, 2008

Sisgmund posted:

Bahroo just finished uploading his no-gear UVHM play through of Krieg.
The Light the Fuse kill on the Warrior was beautiful :allears:

10 Beers
May 21, 2005

Shit! I didn't bring a knife.

My level 25 Mania Kreig has really hit the wall. Takes multiple hits to kill any enemy with melee. Any tips for beefing him up?

BattleTech
Jun 6, 2010

Is this easy mode?
Fun Shoe
I've said it before and I'll say it again. Krieg doesn't really work until you get the 50s and even then he's heavily gear dependent. If you don't have it already, I highly recommend getting either a flame of the firehawk or a rapier. The rapier is fine for mania, but if you want the.firehawk to work you'll need to respec to either bloodlust or the fire tree. I've posted my crazy.damage build earlier in the thread, look at that if you need to rebuild Krieg.

Angry Diplomat
Nov 7, 2009

Neo Helbeast posted:

I've said it before and I'll say it again. Krieg doesn't really work until you get the 50s and even then he's heavily gear dependent.

Are you playing a different Krieg than me or something :stare:

skullamity
Nov 9, 2004

Angry Diplomat posted:

Or me? I'm using a build where everything is constantly taking fire damage at all times, including me, but that's okay because I'm stealing and regenerating health just as fast while also being mega-fast in all respects. Only level 40, and I've been doing that consistently for about ten to fifteen levels.

BattleTech
Jun 6, 2010

Is this easy mode?
Fun Shoe

Angry Diplomat posted:

I do 8.4 million damage on critical melee and 4.4 on non crit. So honestly, probably.

Marogareh
Feb 23, 2011
To me Krieg only really gets going once you hit a capstone.

Angry Diplomat
Nov 7, 2009

Neo Helbeast posted:

I do 8.4 million damage on critical melee and 4.4 on non crit. So honestly, probably.

I meant about when he gets viable. I've been tearing poo poo up since level 5 without too much difficulty.

George Sex - REAL
Dec 1, 2005

Bisssssssexual
I'm sure this questions has been addressed, but not in the last three pages.

If I were to start a commando to mostly max turret related skills, would that hinder me going into the later game? I got this game today and the commando's play style seems like something I could get into. The Mechromancer too, but for whatever reason, she bothers me.

Speedboat Jones
Dec 28, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
If you're just starting the game fresh as a commando, the middle tree might be better suited for that. It has some good all-around skills that just plain buff gun damage and grenade damage and other handy things like dampening recoil and making your turret set off a nuke when you deploy it. It can also be good to build into the left tree while you're at it because that will allow the turret to stay out longer too.

MoreMetalBrian
Oct 20, 2009

Well, I don't want Fop, goddamn it! I'm a Dapper Dan man!

Dorkopotamis posted:

I'm sure this questions has been addressed, but not in the last three pages.

If I were to start a commando to mostly max turret related skills, would that hinder me going into the later game? I got this game today and the commando's play style seems like something I could get into. The Mechromancer too, but for whatever reason, she bothers me.

I'd recommend going to the left tree, all the way down to the Rocket Pads. Then move to the right and spec down to Double Turrets.
The left side is all about getting the most out of the Turret, with eventually adding a second gun to it with Slag (I believe).
The right side is all about staying alive, and there are some great Class Mods later that take Grit and Last Ditch Effort up a notch.

Kifisonfire
Jan 15, 2008

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KQWwhcJJ68Y

Holy poo poo Doc Mercy's drop rate got fixed!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

delpheye
Jun 18, 2004

Neo Helbeast posted:

I've said it before and I'll say it again. Krieg doesn't really work until you get the 50s and even then he's heavily gear dependent. If you don't have it already, I highly recommend getting either a flame of the firehawk or a rapier. The rapier is fine for mania, but if you want the.firehawk to work you'll need to respec to either bloodlust or the fire tree. I've posted my crazy.damage build earlier in the thread, look at that if you need to rebuild Krieg.

This. Though there are a few other builds that are equally effective, just dependent on different gear. I went mania/fire, and I basically dive into every zone head first until my firehawk shield goes then run around slagging while my novas mop up. Occasionally I'll get low enough on health that I'll have to hit rampage, but most of the time I just do it cuz it's fun. If I do fall over then a couple of norfleet rounds gets me right back up.

I went all the way through Bloodshot Ramparts without a shield, rampaged on warden then ran around letting novas kill the adds that spawn. Easiest ever, but if I didn't have a ridiculous version of the firehawk it would have been a little more difficult.

• Locked thread