Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

luchadornado
Oct 7, 2004

A boombox is not a toy!

8th-samurai posted:

You clearly have never lived in a place with actual thunderstorms.

To be fair, I spend ~2 weeks vacation time and 20,000 miles every year looking for good storms. I'm from Minnesota as well, so we do get the pretty things, they're just few and far between:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sludge Tank
Jul 31, 2007

by Azathoth

copen posted:

Yeah you are probably right. I'm pretty bummed because I took a lot of pictures of this thing and non of them really where the image I wanted. Fortunately it is only a mile from my house, unfortunately I have to trespass to get to it. This is another attempt of that shower but the sky is too blown out for my liking. It will do till I make it back.

Shower by pboutell, on Flickr

oh and a few more from back there.

Stairway by pboutell, on Flickr

Flowers by pboutell, on Flickr

Tower by pboutell, on Flickr

Shower pic is still lost but the others are brilliant imo

David Pratt
Apr 21, 2001

copen posted:

Shower by pboutell, on Flickr

oh and a few more from back there.

Stairway by pboutell, on Flickr

Flowers by pboutell, on Flickr

Tower by pboutell, on Flickr

You should ease off on the vignetting on all of these.

scottch
Oct 18, 2003
"It appears my wee-wee's been stricken with rigor mortis."

That is a sexy forest. I need to keep that tip in mind.

My bowels would loosen at the site of that. Awesome.

DSC_8349-Edit.jpg by scottch, on Flickr

Gambl0r
Dec 25, 2003

LOCAL MAN
RUINS
EVERYTHING

Both of these are pretty fantastic.

Gambl0r fucked around with this message at 02:21 on May 29, 2013

Spime Wrangler
Feb 23, 2003

Because we can.

copper harbor sunset by wallofinsanity, on Flickr

Noxville
Dec 7, 2003

Barley field by stesykes, on Flickr

copen
Feb 2, 2003
Some from tonight.

atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

We're in the business of extending man's senses.
how did you get your photos so small??

Dr. Despair
Nov 4, 2009

39 perfect posts with each roll.

_5290459.jpg by MrDespair, on Flickr

_5290456.jpg by MrDespair, on Flickr

_5290476.jpg by MrDespair, on Flickr

_5270451.jpg by MrDespair, on Flickr

MrBlandAverage
Jul 2, 2003

GNNAAAARRRR

Church Parking Lot, Saturday Evening by Isaac Sachs, on Flickr

MrBlandAverage fucked around with this message at 03:52 on May 30, 2013

copen
Feb 2, 2003

atomicthumbs posted:

how did you get your photos so small??

When you grab the link from flickr you can select the size :o

Dr. Despair
Nov 4, 2009

39 perfect posts with each roll.

Posting again in an attempt to save the forums.

c41044.jpg by MrDespair, on Flickr

c41060.jpg by MrDespair, on Flickr

Sludge Tank
Jul 31, 2007

by Azathoth

:pedo:

nothing sus about that at all

SoundMonkey
Apr 22, 2006

I just push buttons.

Sludge Tank posted:

:pedo:

nothing sus about that at all

Churches often own passenger vans to transport parishoners or youth groups to outside events! :eng101:

8th-snype
Aug 28, 2005

My office is in the front room of a run-down 12 megapixel sensor but the rent suits me and the landlord doesn't ask many questions.

Dorkroom Short Fiction Champion 2012

Young Orc

SoundMonkey posted:

Churches often own passenger vans to transport parishoners or youth groups to outside events! :eng101:

And pedos generally choose vans with less windows.

atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

We're in the business of extending man's senses.

copen posted:

When you grab the link from flickr you can select the size :o

it was a joke, those photos are really really small and I'd prefer not to have to click on flickr because it slows my browser to a crawl :(

efcso
Sep 11, 2001

I'm watching you!

atomicthumbs posted:

it was a joke, those photos are really really small and I'd prefer not to have to click on flickr because it slows my browser to a crawl :(

Hoverzoom extension for Chrome means I don't have to click to see the bigger image. Just mouse-over and up she comes...

Sludge Tank
Jul 31, 2007

by Azathoth
e: nvm

Sludge Tank fucked around with this message at 12:11 on May 30, 2013

beep-beep car is go
Apr 11, 2005

I can just eyeball this, right?

Just came back from a trip to the UK and Paris, the rain followed us the whole way, but at least it made for some interesting skies

DSC_0235 by jpitha, on Flickr

DSC_0334 by jpitha, on Flickr

I still need more practice on post processing though. If I do anything more complicated than auto levels it winds up looking fake as hell.

MrBlandAverage
Jul 2, 2003

GNNAAAARRRR

Incinerator by Isaac Sachs, on Flickr

Shampoo posted:

I still need more practice on post processing though. If I do anything more complicated than auto levels it winds up looking fake as hell.

Just be gentle with the sliders.

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

A single windmill by NoneMoreNegative, on Flickr

Sun over seal sands by NoneMoreNegative, on Flickr

Sun on the sands by NoneMoreNegative, on Flickr

Quiet evening, so went back and proc'ed some of my second-tier choices from last weekend :)

I bought the new Topaz Clarity plugin, it's ok, but nothing I couldn't do with 20 extra seconds in Nik Color EFX... Still, gotta try these things while they're on sale. Nik Color is a permanent thing in my workflow for these sun-shots, the Skylight filter, Sunlight filter and the Sun Reflector filters are really good for giving a sunset feel.

alkanphel
Mar 24, 2004

Green Fields and Fog by alkanphel, on Flickr

Casu Marzu
Oct 20, 2008

Woo rocks and trees and water and poo poo!

Sludge Tank
Jul 31, 2007

by Azathoth

nodal ninja test by Alex Gard, on Flickr

had my first play with the nodal ninja today. Pretty neat little gadget I really like it, it does take a little bit extra time to set up, and I am not 100% sure I have it correctly calibrated to all my lenses... fun nonetheless!

365 Nog Hogger
Jan 19, 2008

by Shine

scottch
Oct 18, 2003

Jesus Christ, that's an iPhone 5. That is superb.

DSC_8339-Edit.jpg by scottch, on Flickr

alkanphel
Mar 24, 2004

scottch posted:

Jesus Christ, that's an iPhone 5. That is superb.

Thanks! Most people are quite surprised when they find out it's taken on an iPhone 5, then they're even more surprised when I tell them it's taken from inside a bullet train moving at full speed.

Casu Marzu
Oct 20, 2008

Some stuff from a foggy night.

8th-snype
Aug 28, 2005

My office is in the front room of a run-down 12 megapixel sensor but the rent suits me and the landlord doesn't ask many questions.

Dorkroom Short Fiction Champion 2012

Young Orc

Sludge Tank posted:

nodal ninja test by Alex Gard, on Flickr

had my first play with the nodal ninja today. Pretty neat little gadget I really like it, it does take a little bit extra time to set up, and I am not 100% sure I have it correctly calibrated to all my lenses... fun nonetheless!

It appears to be broken, everything is blurry past the first few feet.

Gambl0r
Dec 25, 2003

LOCAL MAN
RUINS
EVERYTHING

Casu Marzu posted:

Some stuff from a foggy night.

I really like the 1st and 3rd. I'm pretty amazed by the exposure in the first.

Here are three more from the Narrows in Zion NP:

Gambl0r fucked around with this message at 00:27 on Jun 3, 2013

scottch
Oct 18, 2003

alkanphel posted:

Thanks! Most people are quite surprised when they find out it's taken on an iPhone 5, then they're even more surprised when I tell them it's taken from inside a bullet train moving at full speed.

Have you printed it? I'm curious to see what it could do there.

Opals25
Jun 21, 2006

TOURISTS SPOTTED, TWELVE O'CLOCK

Gambl0r posted:

I really like the 1st and 3rd. I'm pretty amazed by the exposure in the first.

Here are three more from the Narrows in Zion NP:

These are stunning. I love Zion, easily one of the most beautiful places I've ever been and you really capture it perfectly.

alkanphel
Mar 24, 2004

scottch posted:

Have you printed it? I'm curious to see what it could do there.

Not yet actually. It should hold up well as a 4x6 print but I think at 8x12 there'll be splotches and graininess in the fog area. Having seen my friend print his iPhone photos to 10x15, I think I should be able to do so if I clean up the fog area.

mAlfunkti0n
May 19, 2004
Fallen Rib

alkanphel posted:

Not yet actually. It should hold up well as a 4x6 print but I think at 8x12 there'll be splotches and graininess in the fog area. Having seen my friend print his iPhone photos to 10x15, I think I should be able to do so if I clean up the fog area.

I was very surprised that came from an iPhone 5 .. but I shouldn't be, some of the pictures I have taken with mine are amazing as well. It is fantastic for such a small camera.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

mAlfunkti0n posted:

I was very surprised that came from an iPhone 5 .. but I shouldn't be, some of the pictures I have taken with mine are amazing as well. It is fantastic for such a small camera.

It's really good outdoors.. only the sun can provide enough light to satisfy the iPhone.

You're up poo poo creek without a paddle if you're using it at night or indoors though.

mAlfunkti0n
May 19, 2004
Fallen Rib
Not quite to the caliber (nowhere near it) of most of the lovely landscapes here .. however, I found it to be appealing. I like the color gradients and the textures of the old rotted wood.

IMG_0896.jpg by jarredsutherland, on Flickr

Sevalar
Jul 10, 2009

HEY RADICAL LARRY HOW ABOUT A HAIRCUT

****MIC TO THE WILLY***

Buttermere mouth by simosimo, on flickr

I've taken hundreds of shots on holiday in the Lake District and i'm finding when getting through my RAW files is that the hills and horizons are suffering from strange magenta & blue tones, almost dissapointly so, but they can be edited to a nicer form. It's not chromatic aberration but mainly in the distance, as there are poo poo loads of hills and fells in the Lakes, this is very common.

Would this sort of stuff be bettered by filters and what not? (Still learning, always learning).

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Unless you can find a filter that removes all atmosphere between you and the mountain, there's nothing to be done about it.

What you're seeing is the effect of vapor and dust hanging around in the air messing with the light that reaches your camera.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

burzum karaoke
May 30, 2003

Mask those areas off and edit them separately or alternatively, move to the moon.