Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Spender sports a yellow tie, therefore people's energy color are identified by their tie rather than by the level they hang around in. :colbert:

Speaking of which, the mustached man to the left of the panel, with the pink tie, looks familiar.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Red Metal
Oct 23, 2012

Let me tell you about Homestuck

Fun Shoe

Cat Mattress posted:

Speaking of which, the mustached man to the left of the panel, with the pink tie, looks familiar.

Third panel of this page

Timid
Dec 13, 2012

Cat Mattress posted:

Spender sports a yellow tie, therefore people's energy color are identified by their tie rather than by the level they hang around in. :colbert:

Well if that guy in today's page is the same guy as here, than that tie theory wouldn't really work since hes wearing a pink tie and spitting out green energy :smith:

Tupperwarez
Apr 4, 2004

"phphphphphphpht"? this is what you're going with?

you sure?
Also notable because he's one of the few students who even hit the dummy (while doing hadoken hands, no less).

I gotta wonder, are all of Grandpa's adult students agents? And if the other kid isn't an agent, is she part of another 'Activity Club' at the preppy academy place we've heard about previously?

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012
idiot asshole bitch who should fuck off

Tupperwarez posted:

Also notable because he's one of the few students who even hit the dummy (while doing hadoken hands, no less).

I gotta wonder, are all of Grandpa's adult students agents? And if the other kid isn't an agent, is she part of another 'Activity Club' at the preppy academy place we've heard about previously?

Preppy academy place?

(God, everything about this new page is great. :allears:)

Whitenoise Poster
Mar 26, 2010

I don't think anyone of grandpa's students are from the rich kid school. Isabel was the only kid there anyway, the rest are all adults.

Diet Conan Doyle
Jan 15, 2010

Watch as I pluck the moon from the very sky!

PleasingFungus posted:

Preppy academy place?

(God, everything about this new page is great. :allears:)

Johnny mentions it (Mayview Academy) in panel 4 here. I wouldn't be surprised if some future spectrals we meet are from there.

And this new page was definitely worth the wait. I love those floaty scooters/segways people are riding.

Cheston
Jul 17, 2012

(he's got a good thing going)
Is it just me, or did Zack give himself a cameo? On the blue level, right side, it looks like his avatar. But with a lot more hair, so, maybe not.

Paul.Power
Feb 7, 2009

The three roles of APCs:
Transports.
Supply trucks.
Distractions.

Update!

That's one hell of a phonetic accent.

ronya
Nov 8, 2010

I'm the normal one.

You hate ridden fucks will regret your words when you eventually grow up.

Peace.
Slamming the door doesn't seem to fit in with trying to evade the attention of someone you just noticed.

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I think it slammed shut on its own.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Manlizard is the best character.

And I'll echo his "juicy what?" -- leaping from "hweeyermz" to "worms" is hard.

Jazu
Jan 1, 2006

Looking for some URANIUM? CLICK HERE
Maybe you can sneak into his brain through that door or something.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Cat Mattress posted:

And I'll echo his "juicy what?" -- leaping from "hweeyermz" to "worms" is hard.

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

MikeJF posted:

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.
I kept thinking it was Humans. I thought the comic had got real dark real quick until it finally twigged.

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

C'mon guys, I thought the alt text made it really obvious.

You know, them doit snakes!

MrFlibble
Nov 28, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Fallen Rib
drat that panel 3 manlizard is great. Also "So I have been told. By you. Just now. Thank you for the compliment" was pretty neat.

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

Stop being so great, Zack Morrison, I don't think I can handle it.

Begemot posted:

C'mon guys, I thought the alt text made it really obvious.

You know, them doit snakes!

What poops from them faces.

Diet Conan Doyle
Jan 15, 2010

Watch as I pluck the moon from the very sky!
So is manlizard an extreme form of possession, or is he just a dude who happens to be a lizard?

Also Spender is such an overdramatic dork. Never stop, glasses man.

Tubgirl Cosplay
Jan 10, 2011

by Ion Helmet

Diet Conan Doyle posted:

So is manlizard an extreme form of possession, or is he just a dude who happens to be a lizard?

Also Spender is such an overdramatic dork. Never stop, glasses man.

Might be those two only look that freaky in dreams, too, that film-reel haircut looks equally improbable. Given Spender's whole attitude about trusting possessed people with the secrets of his special club I doubt they're regular members.

Tubgirl Cosplay fucked around with this message at 17:02 on Jun 3, 2013

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib

Tollymain posted:

I think it slammed shut on its own.

Looks like it, since the door was opening inwards, not outwards. But what was he doing with his arm?

YES bread
Jun 16, 2006

Brannock posted:

Looks like it, since the door was opening inwards, not outwards. But what was he doing with his arm?

You can see the door opening outwards on the previous page? :confused:

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib
Oh, I got tripped up by the perspective there.

Man, it's been three days since the last page :colbert:

YES bread
Jun 16, 2006

Tubgirl Cosplay posted:

Given Spender's whole attitude about trusting possessed people with the secrets of his special club I doubt they're regular members.

I think his trust issue is with Isaac's spirit rather than mediums as a whole, we do see a good number of them hanging out here. Remember that the thunder spirit really doesn't like Spender or his theoretical organization at all.

Timid
Dec 13, 2012

AHHHHHH!, every character...every single character is just...Amazing..

LtStorm
Aug 8, 2010

You'll pay for this, Shady Shrew!

I just blew through the archive of this comic and am now having withdrawals. need more...

I want to see a Door Man chapter. I just...want to know more about him and other places he's sent people as that bit was fascinating, not just for the reveal about Max.

horriblePencilist
Oct 18, 2012

It's a Dirt Devil!
Get it?
Lucas?

RandallODim
Dec 30, 2010

Another 1? Aww man...
I like this new guy already. His enthusiasm for naps is infectious.

Son Conan
Sep 25, 2007

Okay, I'm pretty sure that matryoshka doll agent is my new favorite character design.

Freudian
Mar 23, 2011

Son Conan posted:

Okay, I'm pretty sure that matryoshka doll agent is my new favorite character design.

Let's hope she didn't get eaten then!

neogeo0823
Jul 4, 2007

NO THAT'S NOT ME!!

Interestingly, did she turn into a pile of sand when she left? Is the Sandman real in this universe, then?

Happy Yeti
Jun 1, 2011
You can see a pile of sand in the fourth panel of page 4.10, when Spender first walks out the door. I wonder if someone has to go around cleaning up after people who wake up.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

He's just doing an internship. Everything checks out.

RandallODim
Dec 30, 2010

Another 1? Aww man...

Happy Yeti posted:

You can see a pile of sand in the fourth panel of page 4.10, when Spender first walks out the door. I wonder if someone has to go around cleaning up after people who wake up.

Probably what the big hole in the center of the room is for. Just sweep all the people-sand into there and boom, all clean! And it's a dream world, so it's probably bottomless too.

Wa11y
Jul 23, 2002

Did I say "cookies?" I meant, "Fire in your face!"

RandallODim posted:

Probably what the big hole in the center of the room is for. Just sweep all the people-sand into there and boom, all clean! And it's a dream world, so it's probably bottomless too.

At the bottom of the hole is the hopper they use to fill the Sandman's bag of magic sand, so they're recycling. The Dream World is a Green World.

Safari Disco Lion
Jul 21, 2011

Boss, if they make us find seven lost crystals, I'm quitting.

I just noticed this guy doesn't have a tie. His undershirt is red though, so I guess that indicates his spiritual color alignment thingywhatever? Matryoshka Doll Woman does have a blue tie on, but her hood...thing...is red. The dress codes for this place must be a nightmare.

I like to imagine Matryoshka Doll Woman is some super avid collector of said dolls and that's why she's dressed as one. Though her actually BEING a matryoshka doll is not out of the question, as we also have an adorably conflicted Lizardman/Manlizard.

neogeo0823
Jul 4, 2007

NO THAT'S NOT ME!!

Maybe both her and the manlizard are mediums, heavily into the advanced stages of their possession? That would explain the looks. I wonder what Matryoshka Lady does to fight? Split into smaller and smaller clones? Open up and engulf her target? Hmm...

LtStorm
Aug 8, 2010

You'll pay for this, Shady Shrew!

neogeo0823 posted:

Maybe both her and the manlizard are mediums, heavily into the advanced stages of their possession? That would explain the looks. I wonder what Matryoshka Lady does to fight? Split into smaller and smaller clones? Open up and engulf her target? Hmm...

Her tool is obviously that babushka she's wearing.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Isaac did say that as a possession progresses, the medium starts to look more like the spirit...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
Haha, Headreel's juicy hweeyermz face would be a great avatar.

e. bleh I suck at this. if someone can make something presentable out of that panel I'd be much obliged.

paranoid randroid fucked around with this message at 19:51 on Jun 7, 2013