Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
sunburnedcrow
Dec 17, 2012
Well, that was something alright. Don't really like the translation about Fuji and Takayami being worlds above Oga, actual translation should be more like they are senior disciples of Oga.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

I wonder what would happen if Oga were to lose this fight

Cynic Jester
Apr 11, 2009

Let's put a simile on that face
A dazzling simile
Twinkling like the night sky
Called the ears thing, but no actual demon came out. Makes me sad.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

Did we ever meet Takamiya and Fuji before?

SirDan3k
Jan 6, 2001

Trust me, you are taking this a lot more seriously then I am.
The poor delusional badguy thinks he's in a battle manga.

Mo_Steel
Mar 7, 2008

Let's Clock Into The Sunset Together

Fun Shoe

bondster posted:

New Chapter

I'm kinda bummed that placing more tissues in more holes doesn't summon more demons :(

Why is everyone missing the most important fact, our new villain is an alien! :cthulhu:

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW

Jerkface posted:

Did we ever meet Takamiya and Fuji before?

Nope! They're introduced when the gang comes back to Ishiyama.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.

sunburnedcrow posted:

Well, that was something alright. Don't really like the translation about Fuji and Takayami being worlds above Oga, actual translation should be more like they are senior disciples of Oga.

Obviously the translators took some liberties to make the puns work?

sunburnedcrow
Dec 17, 2012

Clarste posted:

Obviously the translators took some liberties to make the puns work?

Yea, I know. The puns work in Chinese though, what is actually happening is Oga thinks that Fuji and Takamiya are his brothers. :allears:

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
I dunno how you can make anyone really intimidating when Oga is powered by Beel, who is literally a god among demons despite being an infant.

KittyEmpress
Dec 30, 2012

Jam Buddies

Fabricated posted:

I dunno how you can make anyone really intimidating when Oga is powered by Beel, who is literally a god among demons despite being an infant.

By making the opponent someone who is powered by someone who literally stood against Beel's dad, who is an actual adult and not a baby?

seigfox
Dec 2, 2005

Just an average guy who serves as an average hero.
Beel still can't access his potential, or Oga needs more training as a contractor/father, or they need to unlock a new technique. This is still a Shonen manga after all. There is always someone stronger that requires more training/a moral lesson to defeat.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

seigfox posted:

Beel still can't access his potential, or Oga needs more training as a contractor/father, or they need to unlock a new technique. This is still a Shonen manga after all. There is always someone stronger that requires more training/a moral lesson to defeat.

A Moral lesson?

This series does not deal in moral lessons.

KittyEmpress
Dec 30, 2012

Jam Buddies

Dexo posted:

A Moral lesson?

This series does not deal in moral lessons.

Moral Lesson of the day: Do not gently caress with Oga.

Dr. MonkeyThunder
Sep 21, 2005

All is, if i have grace to use it so...
I'm pretty sure if Oga learned a moral lesson he'd start getting his rear end kicked until he forgot it. Though that might be fun.

seigfox
Dec 2, 2005

Thought provoking moral lessons such as "You can solve problems by hitting things" or "If you can't solve a problem by hitting things you need to go learn to hit harder"

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Keep your moral lessons out of our kid fight!

Sonata Mused
Feb 19, 2013

I'll show you... a nightmare...
I think Oga consciously tried not hitting things early on, in order to get Beel to not like him anymore.

That lasted, what... ten seconds?

Scorvi
Apr 4, 2009
New Chapter http://manga.redhawkscans.com/reader/read/beelzebub_2/en/0/207/#page/1

I.. I don't even know.. Furuichi!!! :cry:

KOGAHAZAN!!
Apr 29, 2013

a miserable failure as a person

an incredible success as a magical murder spider

He died as he lived: stabbed through the heart by a pretty girl.

Meanwhile, Oga's solution to "magic isn't working" is "punch harder". I love it. :allears:

KittyEmpress
Dec 30, 2012

Jam Buddies

That was... not what I expected.

Oga's response to 'your spells are too weak' is hilarious. Just use one as a distraction and punch you in the face normally!

Cynic Jester
Apr 11, 2009

Let's put a simile on that face
A dazzling simile
Twinkling like the night sky
Oga :black101:

Furuichi :negative:

Unknownone
Apr 23, 2003

Some stupid 04 bought me this
Is that demon a t 1000? She seems to have a spike hand when going through his chest, and weird thin fingers afterwards holding the heart.

bondster
May 6, 2007

Is this the first time That Beel got knocked off Oga during a big fight?

Also that last page makes the wait for next week extra painful.

Rexides
Jul 25, 2011

MotherFUCKER.

I didn't expect that from this kind of manga. I don't know what it's going to pull out of it's rear end to fix it.

Mulderman
Mar 20, 2009

Did someone say axe magnet?
I've got my money on some kind of illusion bullshit at work.

Oga headbutting the fist trying to punch him was awesome though!

seigfox
Dec 2, 2005

Rexides posted:

MotherFUCKER.

I didn't expect that from this kind of manga. I don't know what it's going to pull out of it's rear end to fix it.

Undead Furuichi: The Eternal General

Malachite
Mar 2, 2004
Time to find the dragon balls and revive Furuichi!

SSJ Furuichi :getin:

toanoradian
May 31, 2011

The happiest waffligator
Hahaha, the series progresses to Oga's opponent having a small demon kid alongside it. If it continues this way, I hope this manga is long enough until eventually we'll essentially get a repeat of Konjiki no Gash's premise.

I hope Furuichi is going to not have some kind of demon heart transplant to fix this. That would be lame.

Verizian
Dec 18, 2004
The spiky one.
They'll stuff the tissues into his chest while pointing out that it shouldn't work. Then they get to call him the heartless pervert

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Mulderman posted:

I've got my money on some kind of illusion bullshit at work.

Oga headbutting the fist trying to punch him was awesome though!

Oh wow I didn't even notice him doing that!

e: Is Furuichi going to go to the demon world? Oga will defeat Lucifer and as a favor the demon king lets Furuichi come back to life or something!

Kild fucked around with this message at 13:09 on Jun 6, 2013

sunburnedcrow
Dec 17, 2012
Did not expect Lucifer to look like that. What is dead may never die! But rises again harder and stronger. Same goes for our beloved general.:black101:

Convergence
Apr 9, 2005
This situation really reminds me of the Toguro fight from YYH for a variety of reasons

Sonata Mused
Feb 19, 2013

I'll show you... a nightmare...
Oga gonna go Super Saiyan next? "His name... was MOBICHI!"

Mo_Steel
Mar 7, 2008

Let's Clock Into The Sunset Together

Fun Shoe
I'm sure Lamia can fix something as simple as a missing heart. I hope. :ohdear:

Dred Cosmonaut
Jan 6, 2010

There once was a tiger-striped cat.

Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice...

KittenofDoom
Apr 15, 2003

Me posting IRL
Suggesting we change the thread title to "FFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCCCCCCCCCCKKKKKKKKK!!!" like we did with One Piece

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Might want to wait until we know if he's actually dead.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

nooooooooooooo i will print out this manga and then tear it up and dump it in a fire nooooooooooo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PringleCreamEgg
Jul 2, 2004

Sleep, rest, do your best.
I don't know why everyone is flipping out as if Creepichi is dead, it seems like an obvious set up for "now I have your friend's heart, come get me if you want to bring him back to life" kind of thing.

• Locked thread