Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kreczor
Oct 30, 2011

I'd still rather play with medieval knights online then go outside and "hang out".

Chelm and I tried to run an expert when we ran into this fine fellow. Apparently the reason we kept wiping on General Grim (Second boss in Exodus of the Storm Queen) wasn't because the boss was bugged, but rather because I decided that I wanted to smoke some illegal substances. GJ pubbies.

Also, he had a bow that costs 15,000 platinum (maybe even more??) and he decided to only upgrade it with +32 Attack Power (What a nerd!). I'll see if I can get a screenshot. Probably too late though.

Kreczor fucked around with this message at 14:52 on Jun 2, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Farts
Nov 4, 2005
Like every other MMO, I am going to assume the answer is yes.

When joining one of the queues as a DPS class, is the wait time substantially higher than when you are a tank/healer? Picking up again for the free time and dicking around as a mage.

Would dungeon queues be near instant as a tank or healer class? (May not even be back on a permanent basis but would like to be able to pop in to some things and kick some rear end without sitting in queues for 30+ )

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Kreczor posted:

Also, there's a bow in the game that costs 1500 platinum (maybe even more??) and he decided to only upgrade it with +32 Attack Power (What a nerd!).

Isn't Auroral Rage Runeshard (+32 AP) the best enchant for ranged weapons there is?

Kreczor
Oct 30, 2011

I'd still rather play with medieval knights online then go outside and "hang out".

Kyrosiris posted:

Isn't Auroral Rage Runeshard (+32 AP) the best enchant for ranged weapons there is?

I don't know, other people thought it was funny so it must have been pretty dumb. I don't actually pay any attention to dps meters or rotations ro any of that crap so I'm just relaying other people's comments really.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

FYI: In case you were thinking of buying new roles (beyond the sixth) for platinum instead of credits when 2.3 drops, uh... you should rethink that. Every role past the sixth is 900 platinum and that price may only go up.

Magile
May 20, 2008

Zoness posted:

The thing with defiler is you never run more than one in a raid but it's a really good spec to know how to play!

I was set on doing a Defiler build until I saw this. Does the Cleric have a subclass setup that is taken in volume for a raid/group scenario, or is it more directed toward one of each subclass and that's it?

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

Kyrosiris posted:

FYI: In case you were thinking of buying new roles (beyond the sixth) for platinum instead of credits when 2.3 drops, uh... you should rethink that. Every role past the sixth is 900 platinum and that price may only go up.

You will get more roles with loyalty though. I believe the 2nd tier gives two role slots. But yeah, stuff that costs plat is going to be rough, that's pretty much the rule with f2p cash shops.

Raysere
May 13, 2013

Kreczor posted:

Chelm and I tried to run an expert when we ran into this fine fellow. Apparently the reason we kept wiping on General Grim (Second boss in Exodus of the Storm Queen) wasn't because the boss was bugged, but rather because I decided that I wanted to smoke some illegal substances. GJ pubbies.

Also, there's a bow in the game that costs 1500 platinum (maybe even more??) and he decided to only upgrade it with +32 Attack Power (What a nerd!). I'll see if I can get a screenshot. Probably too late though.

God damnit Kreczor can't you even make fun of pubbies properly? The reason the bow is bad is because he used the wrong augment to craft it with. Also it's 15,000 platinum not 1500. :downsbravo:

RottenK
Feb 17, 2011

Sexy bad choices

FAILED NOJOE
My character's name is Zacharie and i'd liked to join the Goon hive.

Hugoon Chavez
Nov 4, 2011

THUNDERDOME LOSER
Can I get an invite as Liarann, goons?

I got tired of the mage far too quickly, trying the warrior now!

Kreczor
Oct 30, 2011

Raysere posted:

God damnit Kreczor can't you even make fun of pubbies properly? The reason the bow is bad is because he used the wrong augment to craft it with. Also it's 15,000 platinum not 1500. :downsbravo:

Well poo poo, no I can't. I expect you to do that for me. He put me on ignore almost immediately so it's not like I could have done any better.

Cpl. Coldone
Apr 2, 2008
Going to give this a try again. Invite for Nurg please.

I also found out that if you do the raptr thing log in to raptr then the game and let it run. I went afk in game and was booted but the exe was still running so it counted as time.

Madcosby
Mar 4, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
My altitis has returned, looking for an invite on my warrior Tunamelt

Saxophone
Sep 19, 2006

It's a shame that this game has such a robust Wardrobe feature with lots of options, because I'm probably only ever going to be dressed like this:

http://imgur.com/R4nxgef

snohax
May 30, 2011

Did the Raptr thing and am now trying out a rogue. Would like a guild invite so I can play intelligently spam the flamethrower button with fellow goons instead of random pubbies. On as Droopy the dwarf.

100 degrees Calcium
Jan 23, 2011

This game is rad as hell, but drat if it doesn't get me right in the altitis. How in the hell do you settle on a Calling when each one is drat versatile and there's so much overlap in roles? :psyduck:

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

Evil Sagan posted:

This game is rad as hell, but drat if it doesn't get me right in the altitis. How in the hell do you settle on a Calling when each one is drat versatile and there's so much overlap in roles? :psyduck:

Find the thing you hate the most and pick the calling that can't do that. Otherwise, just by general playstyle.

KaneTW
Dec 2, 2011

Evil Sagan posted:

import random
random.choice(["Mage","Cleric","Rogue","Warrior"])

That's how I chose anyway.

Thoom
Jan 12, 2004

LUIGI SMASH!
4 alts is actually kind of manageable compared to the 8+ classes other games have. I don't think altitis is such a bad thing in Rift.

Hashtag Yoloswag
Mar 24, 2013

...I'm sorry. I can't seem to remember any of the rest.
lovely MM macros for Karx

Spam
#show Empowered Shot
suppressmacrofailures
cast Empowered Shot
cast Swift Shot
cast Break Free

Finishers (Bull's Eye only buffs the first hit of Rapid Fire AFAIK so you might want to use it on Deadeye but I'm probably wrong!)
#show Deadeye Shot
suppressmacrofailures
cast Bull's Eye
cast Deadeye Shot
cast Rapid Fire Shot
cast Hasted Shot
cast Break Free

Spammy AoE
#show Lightning Fury
suppressmacrofailures
cast Lightning Fury
cast Fan Out

Disclaimer: If these don't help you win at PVP then it's your fault for copying lovely wrong macros

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames

Hashtag Yoloswag posted:

Spam
#show Empowered Shot
suppressmacrofailures
cast Empowered Shot
cast Swift Shot
cast Break Free

Finishers (Bull's Eye only buffs the first hit of Rapid Fire AFAIK so you might want to use it on Deadeye but I'm probably wrong!)
#show Deadeye Shot
suppressmacrofailures
cast Bull's Eye
cast Deadeye Shot
cast Rapid Fire Shot
cast Hasted Shot
cast Break Free

Spammy AoE
#show Lightning Fury
suppressmacrofailures
cast Lightning Fury
cast Fan Out

Disclaimer: If these don't help you win at PVP then it's your fault for copying lovely wrong macros

Thank you. :3:

Daerc
Sep 23, 2007

Look! A door! This must mean something!

Hashtag Yoloswag posted:

Woah, there's a right way and a wrong way to be lazy for MM, and macroing BE and DES into your main builder is not the way to do it (they're pretty much just to recharge energy if/when you need it). Also, it may be that I have poor luck, but macroing break free into everything seems to always result in me using it on something that was only gonna last a second or two anyway, and not having it when it'd actually be nice to have. Given that Karx is level 39, taking out break free and moving BE/DES to it's own macro would be all I'd do, but I personally do what amounts to 2+2 button marksman. I have 2 main spam buttons I hit and 2 extra buttons I hit essentially on CD, but they're long CDs. The 2 extra buttons of course being Strafe and Quick Reload.

Builder:
#show Empowered Shot
suppressmacrofailures
cast Free Recoil
cast Empowered Shot
cast Swift Shot

#show Rapid Fire Shot
suppressmacrofailures
cast Decoy
cast Rapid Fire Shot
cast Hasted Shot

Also, you're generally going to get a lot more damage replacing fan out in that macro with chain destruction.

Hashtag Yoloswag
Mar 24, 2013

They're not in my main builder what

But yeah thanks for correcting me, I try not to give misinformation, just threw something together since he asked

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames

Daerc posted:

Woah, there's a right way and a wrong way to be lazy for MM, and macroing BE and DES into your main builder is not the way to do it (they're pretty much just to recharge energy if/when you need it). Also, it may be that I have poor luck, but macroing break free into everything seems to always result in me using it on something that was only gonna last a second or two anyway, and not having it when it'd actually be nice to have. Given that Karx is level 39, taking out break free and moving BE/DES to it's own macro would be all I'd do, but I personally do what amounts to 2+2 button marksman. I have 2 main spam buttons I hit and 2 extra buttons I hit essentially on CD, but they're long CDs. The 2 extra buttons of course being Strafe and Quick Reload.

Builder:
#show Empowered Shot
suppressmacrofailures
cast Free Recoil
cast Empowered Shot
cast Swift Shot

#show Rapid Fire Shot
suppressmacrofailures
cast Decoy
cast Rapid Fire Shot
cast Hasted Shot

Also, you're generally going to get a lot more damage replacing fan out in that macro with chain destruction.

Thanks to you too! I've really only PVP'd as a Ranger or (on other characters way back when)Chloromancer or Pyro, so I was just curious to see if going MM would have be a marked improvement to my PVP damage over my usual Ranger PVE spec.

Daerc
Sep 23, 2007

Look! A door! This must mean something!

Hashtag Yoloswag posted:

They're not in my main builder what

But yeah thanks for correcting me, I try not to give misinformation, just threw something together since he asked

Yeah, there's no problem with trying to help people (and posting what you do know is a good thing, since if you're talking about something other than rogues, you might get a response from someone who actually does complex rotations correctly and does their own research). And really I only commented on the BE/DES because it pops up from time to time on the official forums from people who last played back when Empowered Shot wasn't such a significant part of the MM DPS.

Also, I should clarify what I said earlier: having or not having Break Free in the macros is entirely personal choice, and my poor luck with it should not be seen as an attempt to dissuade you from using if it works for you.

Verranicus posted:

Thanks to you too! I've really only PVP'd as a Ranger or (on other characters way back when)Chloromancer or Pyro, so I was just curious to see if going MM would have be a marked improvement to my PVP damage over my usual Ranger PVE spec.

You don't have two of the abilities in my macros at your current level, so if you're constantly moving my macros won't actually be any different than Hashtag Yoloswag's would be, and I think one of the times I was rewriting a sentence the fact that it was for level 60 got erased :downs:.

Daerc fucked around with this message at 13:44 on Jun 3, 2013

Concurred
Apr 23, 2003

My team got swept out of the playoffs, and all I got was this avatar and red text

Is there a go to spec for PVPing as a rogue in the lower brackets? Around 35-40. I haven't played in forever but I really hated PVE grinding on my rogue back when I played because Warfronts were more fun. I think I used some NB/Sin spec last time I played, I couldn't tell which spec was which when I started playing again and none of them seemed super familiar.

A go to spec that isn't MM or Ranger based, I mean...

Kreczor
Oct 30, 2011

I finally maxed out my rep with the Karthan Ridge people, and now I have to grind 4800 conquest tokens. Now, I've only been in conquest a few times and it seems like this grind is really, really tedious. Are there any ways to speed up the token gain, or anywhere else I can buy that upgrade token for the trinket?

As for planar attunment, I reset it so I could max fire and death since I'm now using 1h weapons. What should I pickup next? Should I just hop from tree to tree grabbing the extra planar charges first?

Hashtag Yoloswag
Mar 24, 2013

Concurred posted:

Is there a go to spec for PVPing as a rogue in the lower brackets? Around 35-40. I haven't played in forever but I really hated PVE grinding on my rogue back when I played because Warfronts were more fun. I think I used some NB/Sin spec last time I played, I couldn't tell which spec was which when I started playing again and none of them seemed super familiar.

A go to spec that isn't MM or Ranger based, I mean...

I was running around with something like this at that level: http://www.rifthead.com/stc/zMwMhvlcocGzRztoGozvxa0k (shift a point from like Ruthlessness or something to Blinding Powder if you want/need)

Spam
#show Savage Strike
suppressmacrofailures
cast Backstab
cast Savage Strike
cast Twilight Force

Finisher
#show Final Blow
suppressmacrofailures
cast Final Blow
cast Flame Thrust

Thread
#show Thread of Death
suppressmacrofailures
cast Thread of Death
cast Jagged Strike (or whatever stealth attack you prefer)

It deals decent damage and if you rush 12 NB you can piss people off with permastealth + 20m sap. It's a little squishy though.

The main reason for going into Nightblade is for Twilight Force since Assassin is extremely kiteable without a snare.

Otherwise, try a Tactician or Bard spec, they don't do a lot of damage but do some decent trickle healing and are pretty hideously hard to kill.

Also I typically open with Jagged Strike and put up Impale ASAP, although this may or may not be the right way to play Assassin and you should experiment with different stealth openers!

Hashtag Yoloswag fucked around with this message at 14:43 on Jun 3, 2013

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer

Magile posted:

I was set on doing a Defiler build until I saw this. Does the Cleric have a subclass setup that is taken in volume for a raid/group scenario, or is it more directed toward one of each subclass and that's it?

With regards to healing setup in raids, there's generally two roles that get doubled up on with a third for certain strategies.

Chloro - most setups use at least one lgv and lbv chloro. During progression on a constant raid damage output fight you might end up using a third one in lieu of a warden due to consistent throughput and wild growth and single target cooldowns etc.

Warden - on fights with a lot of predictable high damage that happens at a rate that exceeds a purifier's ability to shield it, doubling up on wardens is a thing. Also the 10 target thing on a lot of warden cooldowns makes doubling up not so bad.

Purifier - We only did this on four tank twins and early crucia farm. Due to burnout this isn't a soul that is used often but an extra set of tank cooldowns and gathering of fire can be useful. Also sometimes you need symbol of the sun on the whole raid faster than a single purifier can apply it (7 gcds vs 3 gcds).

Purifier and Defiler aren't often doubled up on because you can adjust other healers to which tank gets the bigger link. Purifier has problems with burnout and if you're not coordinated cooldowns blocking each other (IIRC rite of the forge has stacking problems with spiritual conflagration). Stacking purifiers for trash pulls can be nice though plus you can talk about your massive fire wall dps and make fun of mages for their crappy blue knockoff wall.

People end up calling Defiler "support" because it's kind of akin to archon and bard in that it's an essential role in a raid. You're going to want a defiler for every 20-man fight but just one, so it's a good spec to know how to play. It's also a great spec for solo healing a dungeon or supporting a pubbie healer since it has a stance toggle for healing or damage and a really strong tank cooldown on top of the already great mitigation.

But yeah in general you're not really going to have doubled up clerics on anything aside from DPS until you decide that on that fight you can drop a purifier or warden. Then it's time to break out the wiffle canes (Shaman :black101:). Gone are the days of stacking inquisicars and senticars (rip).

Saxophone posted:

It's a shame that this game has such a robust Wardrobe feature with lots of options, because I'm probably only ever going to be dressed like this:

http://imgur.com/R4nxgef

I swear someone else dressed like that too. I can't remember WHO HE IS AAAH some goon who only pvp'd.

Also I miss the truck macro sometimes. :smith:

Zoness fucked around with this message at 15:37 on Jun 3, 2013

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

Kreczor posted:

I finally maxed out my rep with the Karthan Ridge people, and now I have to grind 4800 conquest tokens. Now, I've only been in conquest a few times and it seems like this grind is really, really tedious. Are there any ways to speed up the token gain, or anywhere else I can buy that upgrade token for the trinket?

Other than winning more and doing your daily every day/your weeklies every week, nope. And no, the upgrade is only from 4800 tokens.

Yes, it sucks rear end. If you're willing to wait until 2.3 and have gotten a trinket drop in experts, you can upgrade those with the Marauder's Large Cell (39 expert marks).

Just Another Lurker
May 1, 2009

Looking for invite to guild, name is Vindiesel.

Asehujiko
Apr 6, 2011
I started playing again with the free weekend, is there any UI setting that could possibly reduce the eye strain I get from playing this game for more then 15 minutes at a time? I had that problem too when I last played but it's gotten a lot worse now.

Kreczor
Oct 30, 2011

Kyrosiris posted:

Other than winning more and doing your daily every day/your weeklies every week, nope. And no, the upgrade is only from 4800 tokens.

Yes, it sucks rear end. If you're willing to wait until 2.3 and have gotten a trinket drop in experts, you can upgrade those with the Marauder's Large Cell (39 expert marks).

Hmm, I guess it's time to find out where the warrior dps trinket drops from. Asm you were right, we need a working, up-to-date rift wiki.

p0bot
May 1, 2003

If I resub for a month today what happens when it goes f2p? This is all so confusing.

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer

Kreczor posted:

Hmm, I guess it's time to find out where the warrior dps trinket drops from. Asm you were right, we need a working, up-to-date rift wiki.

This is a list of all the lvl 60 dropped trinkets right now.

The upgraded values are PTS only and therefore not "finalized" so they don't exist on rifthead. I don't know why the proc values aren't all there for the damage trinkets.

This is probably what you want. It drops off the last boss in Archive of Flesh. I'm not sure what in Rifthead isn't up to date tbqh.

Zoness fucked around with this message at 18:00 on Jun 3, 2013

Keshik
Oct 27, 2000

Does anyone have any idea if there is an addon somewhere with a map of artifact spawns?

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

Kreczor posted:

Expert Archive of Flesh, from Ahzrius. (for melee DPS, at least)

deimos
Nov 30, 2006

Forget it man this bat is whack, it's got poobrain!

CONQUERORS UNITEEEE.

gently caress you trion. :eng99:

deimos fucked around with this message at 18:10 on Jun 3, 2013

Kreczor
Oct 30, 2011

Kyrosiris posted:

Expert Archive of Flesh, from Ahzrius. (for melee DPS, at least)

The one dungeon where I hate 3/5 of the bosses. Woe is me, why archive of flesh. Welp, time to put that on farm in between conquest matches.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

deimos
Nov 30, 2006

Forget it man this bat is whack, it's got poobrain!

Kreczor posted:

The one dungeon where I hate 3/5 of the bosses. Woe is me, why archive of flesh. Welp, time to put that on farm in between conquest matches.

You can't just farm an expert.

• Locked thread