Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DMW45
Oct 29, 2011

Come into my parlor~
Said the spider to the fly~

Amante posted:

No cost reduction to 0 is kinda weird.

Apparently it's to combat any first turn win uber-combos.

Edit: And, according to that interview, the alpha will be "two to three weeks" before beta. I made sure this time :v:

DMW45 fucked around with this message at 01:35 on Jun 3, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lord Of Texas
Dec 26, 2006

Amante posted:

No cost reduction to 0 is kinda weird.

Its not. A lot of the most broken decks and mechanics in Magic's history involve casting spells or activating abilities for free. Affinity, phyrexian mana, urza block free spells, etc etc. Makes sense for them to avoid that as a rule.

Kubert
Aug 9, 2010
The no cost reduction to 0 rule is a good guideline to go by. It helps keep the game from turning into solitaire.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

BenRGamer posted:

There's an interview up on Angry Joe's website now, haven't seen it yet, though http://angryjoeshow.com/2013/06/hex-mmotcg-aj-pledge/

FYI, there was some discussion up thread about whether or not you'd be able to farm pve, sell the stuff you get on the AH and use that money to buy pvp packs(making even the pvp side potentially FreeToPlay). This interview confirms that is a thing that you can do.

DMW45
Oct 29, 2011

Come into my parlor~
We've already nearly hit 1.7 million in combined Kickstarter and Paypal totals, we might have a chance to hit stretch goals after 1.8m after all.

Grim
Sep 11, 2003

Grimey Drawer
I got an answer to the question of how accounts will be combined;

Cryptozoic Entertainment posted:

Hello Grim,

Yes, you'll contact our customer service department when the Beta goes live.

Thanks.
So now we know!

Vincent Valentine
Feb 28, 2006

Murdertime

That also implies that you'll be getting your KS rewards when the beta goes live, as there'd be no reason to link your accounts if you weren't. Which people said would be really bad due to getting a year of drafts during the beta period.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Vincent Valentine posted:

That also implies that you'll be getting your KS rewards when the beta goes live, as there'd be no reason to link your accounts if you weren't. Which people said would be really bad due to getting a year of drafts during the beta period.

They've actually answered this question. The first part of the beta will be a true testing beta. Once PvP is completely finished, they'll reset all the accounts and distribute kickstarter rewards. The beta will continue while PvE is being finished.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

BenRGamer posted:

We've already nearly hit 1.7 million in combined Kickstarter and Paypal totals, we might have a chance to hit stretch goals after 1.8m after all.

Don't get excited. Three more Producers showed up out of nowhere in the space of a few hours, and I'd wager they'll disappear the instant the goal is unlocked.

E: One of them named himself, so he'll probably stick.

Jedit fucked around with this message at 08:31 on Jun 3, 2013

Tamba
Apr 5, 2010

Here's a new interview
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4VUn3gOclMc (it starts after ~4 minutes)
I didn't watch it yet, so no idea if there's any new information.

Karnegal
Dec 24, 2005

Is it... safe?

Tamba posted:

Here's a new interview
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4VUn3gOclMc (it starts after ~4 minutes)
I didn't watch it yet, so no idea if there's any new information.

That one was linked earlier. It has some new info on guilds and a bit about the AH

pumpinglemma
Apr 28, 2009

DD: Fondly regard abomination.

It looks like we're definitely in for the usual surge in the last few days - $75,000 yesterday, $32,000 today already, then we've got the Twitch stream today as well. (And in two days everyone who followed the Kickstarter gets their reminder email...)

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Why! Why!! Why must you refuse to accept that Dr. Hieronymous Alloy's Genetically Enhanced Cream Corn Is Superior to the Leading Brand on the Market!?!

Morbid Hound
I really hope everyone pledging 10 grand for producer is actually wealthy enough to afford blowing that on a video game.

Captain Capitalism
Jul 28, 2009

Producer is a ton of value, though I dunno if you'd want it if you're going to be doing the PvE thing. Getting every card and all equipment means that there's no point to do PvE for loot or whatever, but you'd be really well positioned for any PvP tournaments.

I'm spending way more than I thought I would on this, but it looks great. I wonder what the last 2 stretch goals are? We might hit the 1.8 million one by tomorrow, I dunno if we have too much more gas in the tank, especially once DC sells out.

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

*sigh* sure. it's a weed joke
I'm not surprised at how fast DC is getting close to sold out now. The hard line bot talk and confirmation that they want people auctioning off PvE loot to buy PvP things are great incentives to jump from king to DC. If it maxes out, I'm sure collector tier will be right behind it. The fact that they aren't adding more slots is a pretty good incentive too. Makes it feel like a true reward for pulling the trigger early.

Glad I didn't back down like I considered.

Vomik
Jul 29, 2003

This post is dedicated to the brave Mujahideen fighters of Afghanistan

Kubert posted:

The no cost reduction to 0 rule is a good guideline to go by. It helps keep the game from turning into solitaire.

This doesn't happen. In magic vintage, where the most powerful cards are and the decks that can goldfish turn 1/2 wins, there is probably the most player interaction and you have to know every deck very well.

Lord Of Texas
Dec 26, 2006

Vomik posted:

This doesn't happen. In magic vintage, where the most powerful cards are and the decks that can goldfish turn 1/2 wins, there is probably the most player interaction and you have to know every deck very well.

This does happen, actually. Vintage has built in safety valves that Hex might not. Did you play during Urza block standard, or Modern around PT Philly? "Solitaire formats" are definitely a possibility when development doesn't create the right safety valves, and the policy to disallow 0 cost cards is a good one to have in place.

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

Vomik posted:

You had me until you said the word "most" and then it went off a cliff. Vintage has some interaction, but nowhere near as much as pretty much every other format.

DMW45
Oct 29, 2011

Come into my parlor~
When is the twitch stream?

the Gaffe
Jul 4, 2011

you gotta believe dawg
Next Live Gameplay Video on Twitch.TV - Monday, June 3rd at 5 PM PST

So.. 5 and a half hours.

edit: wait I'm an idiot, I'm visiting my parents right now and I'm not in PST!!! So in 7 and a half hours.

the Gaffe fucked around with this message at 17:28 on Jun 3, 2013

Kakesu
Nov 4, 2005

ETHICAL.

5PM Pacific time, I believe.

e: beaten like somebody trying to get PP

Kakesu fucked around with this message at 17:28 on Jun 3, 2013

the Gaffe
Jul 4, 2011

you gotta believe dawg
So is anyone planning on checking out Scrolls? Doesn't seem to be too much excitement for it, don't even know what thread to ask about it in. Came out in beta today, for 20$ which is a few bucks too high in my opinion. I'm checking it out either way since I can play it on a mac, and this macbook is all I have while visiting my parents for another week.

I'm sure despite its quality though, it will falter to Hex in a (hopefully) few months.

cathead
Jan 21, 2004

the Gaffe posted:

So is anyone planning on checking out Scrolls? Doesn't seem to be too much excitement for it, don't even know what thread to ask about it in. Came out in beta today, for 20$ which is a few bucks too high in my opinion. I'm checking it out either way since I can play it on a mac, and this macbook is all I have while visiting my parents for another week.

I'm sure despite its quality though, it will falter to Hex in a (hopefully) few months.

I picked it up. It seems fun, it's sort of a lane-combat style TCG. I only had time to play the tutorial and an AI game but the cards seem to have some neat interactions. At any rate it'll be a nice distraction while I wait for Hex.

katkillad2
Aug 30, 2004

Awake and unreal, off to nowhere

the Gaffe posted:

I bought it, basically to hopefully hold me over until Hex alpha/beta. I'm just about through the easy trials and the game is pretty fun. They already have my money, but I was kind of rubbed the wrong way with the pricing. They said it was going to be $20 and they charged $20.95 and unless you want to blow your entire load of gold after the trials you'll probably have to spend another $10 dollars if you want the other starter decks. You don't have to do that obviously because you earn gold playing matches against the AI or other players, but it's set up in a way that you'll probably want to put at least another $10 in.

That Marvel diablolike game goes free to play tomorrow as well.

Niedar
Apr 21, 2010
I was really interested in Scrolls many months ago and it seemed like they would be opening up the beta sooner than they ended up doing it but I am just not sure I am interested in it anymore. I think I will wait a week or two and see how people like it and then maybe try it out to hold me over until Hex.

Tamba
Apr 5, 2010

New article with new cards. That legendary equipment is basically an I win-button if your opponent doesn't have a burn spell they can throw at you. Oh wait, [2] is 2 mana...

Tamba fucked around with this message at 20:05 on Jun 3, 2013

signalnoise
Mar 7, 2008

i was told my old av was distracting
Fortunately equipment is PVE only

Pyrolocutus
Feb 5, 2005
Shape of Flame

I kinda want to play Omen of Oblivion in a deck with copy effects and its equipment, and just play with my opponent's deck.

Niedar
Apr 21, 2010
Another update on Twitch with the card we are all getting in place of the original plan of bundling with the T-shirt.

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Why! Why!! Why must you refuse to accept that Dr. Hieronymous Alloy's Genetically Enhanced Cream Corn Is Superior to the Leading Brand on the Market!?!

Morbid Hound

Niedar posted:

Another update on Twitch with the card we are all getting in place of the original plan of bundling with the T-shirt.

That's pretty random but I could see it actually being powerful when combined with effects that give you bonuses for # of cards in hand.

What it really makes me wonder is how much of a difference faction will make.

Go RV!
Jun 19, 2008

Uglier on the inside.

I'm loving these new opponent deck manipulation cards. Between the Booby Traps and this new one, I'm wondering how effective a "gently caress your deck" build would be. Consistency would be an issue, but we've still got a number of cards to see yet.

Zonekeeper
Oct 27, 2007

Go RV! posted:

I'm loving these new opponent deck manipulation cards. Between the Booby Traps and this new one, I'm wondering how effective a "gently caress your deck" build would be. Consistency would be an issue, but we've still got a number of cards to see yet.

Oddly I've only seen one other card game try loving with an opponent's library in a meaningful fashion: Yugioh's Parasite Paracide card. It gets shuffled into your opponent's deck face up and if they draw it, it's immediately summoned to their side of the field they lose a large chunk of life points.

nerox
May 20, 2001

Zonekeeper posted:

Oddly I've only seen one other card game try loving with an opponent's library in a meaningful fashion: Yugioh's Parasite Paracide card. It gets shuffled into your opponent's deck face up and if they draw it, it's immediately summoned to their side of the field they lose a large chunk of life points.

http://hextcg.wikia.com/wiki/Zombie_Plague

This card will be hilarious vs. a deck with initially low powered creatures. Especially if you can get multiples out really early.

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Morbid Hound

nerox posted:

http://hextcg.wikia.com/wiki/Zombie_Plague

This card will be hilarious vs. a deck with initially low powered creatures. Especially if you can get multiples out really early.

Heck, look at the Vampire King vs. a shin'hare sacrifice deck.

Adar
Jul 27, 2001
The update said this:

quote:

Dungeon Crawler, Primal Nearly Sold Out

There are about 300 Dungeon Crawlers left, 10 Primals left. I expect the Dungeon Crawlers to sell out sometime after the stream before tomorrow's update and Primals to go in the next couple days. If you're in the market for either, I highly recommend taking care of those soon. Depending on quantity, we'll be taking Dungeon Crawler off the PayPal site soon, maybe as early as tonight, so make sure to get yours ASAP. And I would not sleep on Primal. It's currently the cheapest available way to get your likeness into the game, so get yours today.

I looked at the number right after this and it was at 317. DCs had been coming off the board at the rate of maybe 50-100 a day so I figured this was a bluff. Then I looked again just now less than 2 hours later. 280. 37 DCs gone.

Are people thinking this is a pre-stream hint of them being really cool or something? Either way tonight's the last night.

Kakesu
Nov 4, 2005

ETHICAL.

With the $100,000 from PayPal we've definitely hit the 1.8m stretch goal now. Yay Alpha!

Rhaegar
Jul 16, 2006

Adar posted:

Are people thinking this is a pre-stream hint of them being really cool or something? Either way tonight's the last night.

I think people are snapping up the DCs because they've been waiting in hope of picking up a PP or GK and are now realising that the chance of that happening is slim so they better jump on the next best tier before it's too late.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Kakesu posted:

With the $100,000 from PayPal we've definitely hit the 1.8m stretch goal now. Yay Alpha!

Yay people fake pledging for Producer, more like. Ain't no way in Hell five people have legitimately ponied up $10,000 in the same day when doing so pushes the campaign over the Alpha stretch.

Illusionis
Dec 12, 2011
Just bit the bullet and decided to go for a Dungeon Crawler pledge, still not sure if I`m going to keep it, go for a king or try to switch to pro player, anyway this game looks pretty neat and is filling a desire I never knew I had before Heartstone was published and this just looks like a much more involved and deeper version of it.

Edit: Also Omen of Oblivion looks like a pretty neat removal. If I`m reading that right it will let you read your opponents entire deck and then deny their best card, and do it again once that card drops, with my limited experience that seems pretty crazy

Illusionis fucked around with this message at 00:11 on Jun 4, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vincent Valentine
Feb 28, 2006

Murdertime

Illusionis posted:

Just bit the bullet and decided to go for a Dungeon Crawler pledge, still not sure if I`m going to keep it, go for a king or try to switch to pro player, anyway this game looks pretty neat and is filling a desire I never knew I had before Heartstone was published and this just looks like a much more involved and deeper version of it.

Hex is indeed deeper and more involved than Hearthstone, but that's the entire point of Hearthstone: It's very quick gameplay wise and very casual.

• Locked thread