Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
He didnt scream about vengeance at all. I'm sad.

Really though this is the best news ever and I am crazy excited. Everything about him looks good. Love how they used my favourite move from mk9 as his overhead.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Toady
Jan 12, 2009

gannyGrabber posted:

He didnt scream about vengeance at all. I'm sad.

I'm sure he'll have some interesting clash dialogue.

Just A Friend
Jan 11, 2010

Toady posted:

I'm sure he'll have some interesting clash dialogue.
Scorpion: My family is dead!!
Batman: Join the club.

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
I can see him and Batman both just screaming "vengeance!!" at each other. I can dream.

I've also noticed nobody has mentioned that he can throw people in mid air, which is amazing. Seems like you have to MB the chain to make it leave them standing though, which is kinda sucky but oh well.

Groudn throw animation is cool as hell.

SkeletonHero
Sep 7, 2010

:dehumanize:
:killing:
:dehumanize:
I like that intro. Doesn't matter he just dimension jumped for no reason. Dude's gonna make some souls burn.

Equilibrium
Mar 19, 2003

by exmarx
Disappointed as anybody by a Scorpion announcement, but his costume actually looks pretty amazing for a Jim Lee design and holy poo poo that win pose. The MMH tease will tide me over.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Just A Friend posted:

I'll admit I would be pretty hype for Scorpion if his trait was the MK run with armor.

From the video it looks like Scorpions trait is something similar to Supermans. You can see him activate it a couple seconds after the clash when he gets surrounded by that flame aura. Though I'm unsure if his air throw is only accessible after the trait activation or if he has it all the time. Also it would be nice to see what his spear does when it's not meter burned, but I guess we'll see when he's available.

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed
Everybody already knows that Zod is the last character so the MMH tease has to be for a second batch of characters or just them being really mean. Scorpion's design and gameplay look fine but ultimately I think he's a bit of an uninspired choice for a guest character.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

Dr. Abysmal posted:

Scorpion's design and gameplay look fine but ultimately I think he's a bit of an uninspired choice for a guest character.

That's pretty much how I feel. Like I'm sure he'll be fun (If not maybe a little imbalanced at first) but I really would've preferred to get MMH, Zatanna, Static, Swamp Thing, really any number of actual DC characters instead.

KungFu Grip posted:

Well what if the movie flops and Zod is a boring and lovely character in the movie? No one would want to play as the lovely boring dude from a bad movie.

I don't really have a whole lot of faith in the new movie, so that was my thought as well. Release Zod, play up a little bit of extra publicity for the movie, hopefully get some sales off him early in case the movie sucks.

Yardbomb fucked around with this message at 18:00 on Jun 3, 2013

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

Shadow Ninja 64 posted:

I don't understand that conclusion at all. Without the movie, the audience for Zod as a DLC character would basically be just the people who already have the game and the subset of folks who just happen to be huge Zod fans for whatever reason. With the movie, the character will be more well-known than ever. It's not like people are gonna go see the movie and then be like "well, I would've bought the character before I saw the movie but now I won't".

Well what if the movie flops and Zod is a boring and lovely character in the movie? No one would want to play as the lovely boring dude from a bad movie.

Krad
Feb 4, 2008

Touche

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

I know that you can't trust anything that Boon saids on twitter but is interesting how vehemently is he shooting down Sub-Zero as DLC

https://twitter.com/noobde/status/341575210069291008
https://twitter.com/noobde/status/341575925168742400

Sounds like they can only have one guest character because of some contract thing.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

KungFu Grip posted:

Even if Man of Steel does end up sucking no one is going to care as long as Zod in Injustice is a worthwhile character. If he plays well, has a fun super and/or has a decent character trait then I'm certain people without season passes will want to pay and play him. Especially if he comes in totally broken. Whatever happens though, the movie will increase his exposure.

AndyElusive fucked around with this message at 18:23 on Jun 3, 2013

Unbound
Dec 11, 2012

Atlantis for best map

All others are bugged...
Oh man, Scorpion? They made him look pretty sweet in the character design, and I for one really like how he turned out artistically. His move pool seemed pretty much the same, differences I noticed were a j3 (the sword jump attack), his throw, and his Spear. The Spear looked like it would act like Batman Grapple, some sort of attack, but stuns if MBed. That j3 looked like it could have similar crossover mechanics of Black Adam due to it swinging behind his model. I wish his super was cooler, really felt lacking there. At the same time, I'm glad they didn't just use his MK9 X-ray attack. It also really needed Dan Forden's 'Toasty' in it somewhere. Hopefully, it'll randomly happen on his d2, which looked to be the MK Uppercut. I noticed he looked like he damaged Superman when activating his Trait, but that might have been something else. A Damage Buff seems most likely, though if it were like Raven and he got an altered move pool, that'd be cool too.

Nahxela
Oct 11, 2008

Execution

AndyElusive posted:

From the video it looks like Scorpions trait is something similar to Supermans. You can see him activate it a couple seconds after the clash when he gets surrounded by that flame aura. Though I'm unsure if his air throw is only accessible after the trait activation or if he has it all the time. Also it would be nice to see what his spear does when it's not meter burned, but I guess we'll see when he's available.
If anything, I'd expect it to be like Batman's grapple, where he just kicks you away, since the meter burn version looks like Batman's, where you get to follow up after it.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Nahxela posted:

If anything, I'd expect it to be like Batman's grapple, where he just kicks you away, since the meter burn version looks like Batman's, where you get to follow up after it.

Ya that seems likely since it does meter burned what it normally does in MK. Strange they would have him go for spear so many times and not even show a cold one connecting at all for comparison.

Unbound posted:

I noticed he looked like he damaged Superman when activating his Trait, but that might have been something else. A Damage Buff seems most likely, though if it were like Raven and he got an altered move pool, that'd be cool too.

Good eye. I didn't see it hit Superman at first but now that I do I'm thinking it acts less like a buff and maybe more like a combination of Aquaman and Black Adams trait or maybe a lesser mix of all three to an extent.

Another interesting thing to note about Scorp is that his super doesn't appear to be a counter like it was suggested earlier but it has at least one hit of armor.

Unbound
Dec 11, 2012

Atlantis for best map

All others are bugged...

AndyElusive posted:

Ya that seems likely since it does meter burned what it normally does in MK. Strange they would have him go for spear so many times and not even show a cold one connecting at all for comparison.

My thought here would be that it is actually the same, but MBing it decreases the damage drop off for using it in a combo by a good margin.

AndyElusive posted:

Good eye. I didn't see it hit Superman at first but now that I do I'm thinking it acts less like a buff and maybe more like a combination of Aquaman and Black Adams trait or maybe a lesser mix of all three to an extent.

I wonder then if it's a circular AoE around Scropion, or something like Flash's Wall thing in terms of hitbox. If it's the earlier then I will have found my main for this game.

Unbound fucked around with this message at 21:11 on Jun 3, 2013

Olive Mohel
Nov 8, 2006

Life is more than a series of ones and zeroes.

Ximum posted:

I like that intro. Doesn't matter he just dimension jumped for no reason. Dude's gonna make some souls burn.

Superman wasn't even there yet when he said it either, Scorpion really just wants to get to some soul burning and he don't care whose.

Commissar Ken
Dec 9, 2006

Children STILL love me, dammit!

I was totally expecting the worst with Scorpion but he doesn't look that bad all around to be honest. His super is kinda lamedick but that was pretty much guaranteed. ALSO MARTIAN MANHUNTER TEASE! Not that i'll be getting to play any of these till the "summer" I got this on WiiU. :smith:

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer
Good lord the comic book fans on my facebook are providing endless sources of entertainment right now. :allears: I'm somewhat excited about scorpion. Dude comes with a built in bonus of pissing off comic book purists all the while looking somewhat fun to play.

Mattavist
May 24, 2003

What Superman costume was that?

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

Mattavist posted:

What Superman costume was that?

That was a Black Lantern Superman, Black Lantern is basically undead monster versions of heroes that can't die or something similar. Either way, a Black Lantern pack would be kinda cool if that's not just the free patch skin.

Yardbomb fucked around with this message at 19:21 on Jun 3, 2013

Workaday Wizard
Oct 23, 2009

by Pragmatica

Yardbomb posted:

That was a Black Lantern Superman, Black Lantern is basically undead monster versions of heroes that can't die or something similar. Either way, a Black Lantern pack would be kinda cool if that's not just the free patch skin.

Hawkgirl looks so freakin' happy. I hope they give her a Black Lantern costume with that smile :getin:

Awesome Andy
Feb 18, 2007

All the spoils of a wasted life
I'll admit I was sad that during the phantom zone transition that you don't see a tiny screaming shao-kahn head float by, to tie it in with MK9vsDC.
Scorpion looks cool, I hope he's balanced well and doesn't come with day one infinites, I'm pulling for a season pass2 because I've been dissapointed over-all with what we got.
I wish there was a way to get rid of the life bars and stuff like in these demo videos.

Awesome Andy fucked around with this message at 19:57 on Jun 3, 2013

Zain
Dec 6, 2009

It's only forever, not long at all

Yardbomb posted:

Don't read much in terms of Comics, but I did read the Darkest Night and I'm all for black lantern versions of some people. Scorpion is really the universal fighting game character. There's no part to where you couldn't find him fitting into a fighting game.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

But before NRS can give anybody else new alt costumes they have to make absolutely sure that Superman and Batman have more alts than the entire Injustice roster...times two.

Commissar Ken
Dec 9, 2006

Children STILL love me, dammit!

AndyElusive posted:

But before NRS can give anybody else new alt costumes they have to make absolutely sure that Superman and Batman have more alts than the entire Injustice roster...times two.

I'm fine with this. Especially if it's more chances to get Batmankoff from Red Son or maybe Gotham by Gaslight Batman. :colbert:

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
You guys should read up on the upcoming DC Universe MOBA, like 3 characters announced so far are different variations of Batman or from Batman's family.

Unbound
Dec 11, 2012

Atlantis for best map

All others are bugged...

Just A Friend posted:

Scorpion: My family is dead!!
Batman: Join the club.

I really just want Scorpion to yell "VENGEANCE!" every clash.

Sinestro: Feeling yellow?
Scorpion: VENGEANCE!

Green Arrow: I hate yellow

Grundy: Grundy smash little man

It works so well.

sentrygun
Dec 29, 2009

i say~
hey start:nya-sh

Awesome Andy posted:

I wish there was a way to get rid of the life bars and stuff like in these demo videos.

It's an option in Training Mode.

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

AndyElusive posted:

I couldn't care less because Boss Grundy exists.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Liar Lyre posted:

I couldn't care less because Boss Grundy exists.

Grundy (and his players) give no fucks.

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax

Unbound posted:

It works so well.

I'm glad you understand where I'm coming from.

In other news, Ed Boon is being funny as hell on twitter.

RT @goDlEGO @noobde who is that at the end of the trailer? EB: That's Scorpion standing on Superman.

RT @Shano_Fett @noobde BOOOOOOOON !!!!!! You just couldn't not have scorpion in this drat game huh EB: His family was killed for God's sake!

RT @Lelo4Ever @noobde i saw what you did there... #martianmanhunterteaser #secretcharactermaybe? EB: What? I didn't see any MM.

Oh Boon, never change :swoon:

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

gannyGrabber posted:

Oh Boon, never change :swoon:

:flame:

Him and Yoshinori Ono, man. I hate them so much. So much nerd rage due to trolling swelling inside of me. :catstare:

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

Unbound posted:

It works so well.
They're even funnier when Scorpion begins the clash.

Scorpion: VENGEANCE!!
Batgirl: This is usually the part where I quip.

Unbound
Dec 11, 2012

Atlantis for best map

All others are bugged...

AradoBalanga posted:

They're even funnier when Scorpion begins the clash.

Batgirl: This is usually the part where I quip.

Toady
Jan 12, 2009

Unbound posted:

It also really needed Dan Forden's 'Toasty' in it somewhere. Hopefully, it'll randomly happen on his d2, which looked to be the MK Uppercut.

Excuse me, I think you mean "HUH HUH HEE".

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

I'd like to hope this means seven outside of the euuugh Ame-Comi outfits. Just wondering what the new Green Lantern will be, maybe another Black Lantern or if not that then possibly the USAF Green Lantern from Red Son? Plus if it does turn out to be that, then Red Son Batman (As if he doesn't have enough getups) will probably be right behind it, which would admittedly be kind of cool.

Yardbomb fucked around with this message at 00:33 on Jun 4, 2013

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

Guy Gardner or bust

Kokoro Wish
Jul 23, 2007

Post? What post? Oh wow.
I had nothing to do with THAT.

Liar Lyre posted:

Guy Gardner or bust

It's going to be John Stewart. I hope it makes comic book nerds raaaaage.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

Kokoro Wish posted:

It's going to be John Stewart. I hope it makes comic book nerds raaaaage.
Watch it be Simon Baz or Alan Scott, just to mess with people's heads.

• Locked thread