Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

Rageaholic Monkey posted:

http://pitchfork.com/news/50889-kanye-wests-new-slaves-projections-shut-down-in-houston-by-police/

One of the projections in Houston got shut down by the cops last night. Everyone was ordered to leave or be arrested for trespassing.

That's why Kanye is so angry!

Yup some of them were shut down here in Austin as well because he didn't have a permit. Nice going dude!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
I'm glad he didn't bother to get a permit. It's cooler that way.

Can of Cloud
May 20, 2010
a little over 3 weeks away :)

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
Apparently there might not be any pre-orders for Yeezus:

No singles... no pre-orders... is this what anti-hype looks like? I wonder if he learnt a few lessons after releasing all the good tracks off Cruel Summer for free way out ahead of the album release (and to some extent, did that to some extent with a couple of the best tracks off MBDTF)

Also the maps for the Friday projections are wildly inaccurate for my city. Does anybody know what time they start EST and are the Google Maps links more accurate than the black maps with red dots on his site?

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

thathonkey posted:

No singles... no pre-orders... is this what anti-hype looks like? I wonder if he learnt a few lessons after releasing all the good tracks off Cruel Summer for free way out ahead of the album release (and to some extent, did that to some extent with a couple of the best tracks off MBDTF)

Also the maps for the Friday projections are wildly inaccurate for my city. Does anybody know what time they start EST and are the Google Maps links more accurate than the black maps with red dots on his site?

It also seems possible that the two songs he performed were the least accessible on the album. Maybe he's intentionally bombing his hype train as some kind of statement or a cool testing of the system.

incoherent
Apr 24, 2004

He's going to smash first day sales, so its just him postering. "Ho-ho i'm not going to send out ANY copies", etc.

Even if he does a Kid-a-not-going-to-release-a-single path, the record company will advise a single to be played.

atrus50
Dec 24, 2008

incoherent posted:

He's going to smash first day sales, so its just him postering. "Ho-ho i'm not going to send out ANY copies", etc.

Even if he does a Kid-a-not-going-to-release-a-single path, the record company will advise a single to be played.

Well, they got a solid week

atrus50
Dec 24, 2008

thathonkey posted:

kanyewest.com good news if you live in south Carolina!

atrus50 fucked around with this message at 00:43 on Jun 1, 2013

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

The track that plays on mouseover of the album art at kanyewest.com has so much potential.

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
Kanyewest.com seems to be a Wordpress instance that is making GBS threads the bed right now, I'm getting database errors at the moment when trying to view the projections map :shrug:

God that mouseover snippet is such a loving tease. drat you Kanye.

atrus50
Dec 24, 2008

thathonkey posted:

Kanyewest.com seems to be a Wordpress instance that is making GBS threads the bed right now, I'm getting database errors at the moment when trying to view the projections map :shrug:

God that mouseover snippet is such a loving tease. drat you Kanye.

DAT SAMPLE https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-FDqRo4K8M8

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

Definitely the sample for the "uh-huh honey" drop but the rest of the track is from something else innit?

atrus50
Dec 24, 2008

epitasis posted:

Definitely the sample for the "uh-huh honey" drop but the rest of the track is from something else innit?

yeah but this plus classic Hungarian rock plus Marilyn Mansion

the samples

asecondduck
Feb 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

epitasis posted:

The track that plays on mouseover of the album art at kanyewest.com has so much potential.

I don't think MBDTF had any sped up samples on it, right? I was disappointed that Ye apparently abandoned his signature sound. Glad to hear it's back, if only for one song.

[Edit: Forgot about Devil In A New Dress, which qualifies.]

asecondduck fucked around with this message at 02:37 on Jun 1, 2013

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

atrus50 posted:

I live in South Carolina. What's the good news???

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

scary ghost dog posted:

I live in South Carolina. What's the good news???

I think they meant projections in your state tonight

atrus50
Dec 24, 2008

lelandjs posted:

I don't think MBDTF had any sped up samples on it, right? I was disappointed that Ye apparently abandoned his signature sound. Glad to hear it's back, if only for one song.

Devil in a New Dress, although that's not by ye

edit though this sample actually isn't pitch shifted

atrus50 fucked around with this message at 03:12 on Jun 1, 2013

HorseRenoir
Dec 25, 2011

Pillbug
If anyone was wondering, this is the song being sampled:

Ponderosa Twins Plus One - "Bound"

incoherent
Apr 24, 2004

atrus50 posted:

Waiting for someone to paste college dropout album cover over it.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

thathonkey posted:

I think they meant projections in your state tonight

Where????? I gotta know man I GOTTA KNOW

a milk crime
Jun 30, 2007

Murky Waters
big business man

scary ghost dog posted:

Where????? I gotta know man I GOTTA KNOW

http://www.kanyewest.com/projections/

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

Noooo I'm out of town tonight :(

Thom and the Heads
Oct 27, 2010

Farscape is actually pretty cool.
Does it say exactly where the projections will be anywhere? Raleigh and Durham are two different places.

Krysis
Aug 26, 2007

Hex Hates U

YEAH YOU
There's three showings of New Slaves tomorrow night in downtown Phoenix within blocks of each other. It looks l know what I'm doing now on Sunday night besides getting shitfaced at the bars with my friends on my birthday now. :yotj:

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Aw man, apparently I missed a projection in downtown New Orleans tonight :( I know exactly where the building is, but I didn't know about it. Oh well. It's just New Slaves again, right? I've seen video of the previous projections and I've already heard the song. Still would've made a cool photo op, though.

Not An Irish Monk
May 1, 2009
Chief Keef feature confirmed.

http://www.vibe.com/article/chief-keef-kanye-wests-yeezus-lp-doesnt-remember-song-title

incoherent
Apr 24, 2004

that interview is amazing. He's taken way too much of something to even understand and hes kinda freaking out.

Can of Cloud
May 20, 2010
He mumbles so drat much.

atrus50
Dec 24, 2008
Goddamn it kanye

He changed the cover art again

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

I'm glad that Ye's website has a geocities gif on it.

incoherent
Apr 24, 2004

atrus50 posted:

Goddamn it kanye

He changed the cover art again

I don't think they can possibly DO custom gaffer tape with the same handwritten yesus on every album.

Digi_Kraken
Sep 4, 2011
As long as it's still called "Yeezus"

Blast Fantasto
Sep 18, 2007

USAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
Kanye's having a daughter, that's what I call karma.

Digi_Kraken
Sep 4, 2011

Blast Fantasto posted:

Kanye's having a daughter, that's what I call karma.

Name her "Yeezus."

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
"New Day" is just kind of funny now

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
Kanye and Kim havin' a baby. Shoulda listen to his Goldigger track one more time.

Blast Fantasto
Sep 18, 2007

USAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

Gatts posted:

Kanye and Kim havin' a baby. Shoulda listen to his Goldigger track one more time.

...I'm pretty sure Kim Kardashian is already super rich.

a milk crime
Jun 30, 2007

Murky Waters
big business man
https://twitter.com/therealmikedean/status/341637599607275520

lol album crash?

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Album on one drive yeah right

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a milk crime
Jun 30, 2007

Murky Waters
big business man

Quantum of Phallus posted:

Album on one drive yeah right

my exact thoughts as well. mike dean just being a joker.

• Locked thread