Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Frost
Dec 6, 2003
Don't let the Frost bite you
Just popping in to say I'm still in Cologne and down for this poo poo until the end of July, after that my timetable gets dodgy and I might pull a New Yorker on y'all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ExecuDork
Feb 25, 2007

We might be fucked, sir.
Fallen Rib
It's been quiet in here for a while. What's the status? Is the camera currently in the UK or in Norway?

Laser Cow
Feb 22, 2006

Just like real cows!

Only with lasers.
I'll email Dalax, I sent him my address before but I haven't heard anything back.

Dalax
Oct 27, 2007

Hello everypeoples. Sorry, camera is still with me, I got back from Spain this week after a little holiday, with the upcoming bank holiday in the U.K. I should be able to snap off a couple of rolls and get the camera on it's way to Norge by the middle of next week.

Dalax
Oct 27, 2007

So, I went to the Post Orifice today to post off the camera to Norge.

Turns out the cheapest option was by 'Global Value' and would be £42, or about $63 US.

So yeah, I'm just going to research some other couriers and will have it off by this weekend. Soz Norway, I will get it to you. In the meantime, the fear about whether any of the pics will be good begins...

ExecuDork
Feb 25, 2007

We might be fucked, sir.
Fallen Rib

Dalax posted:

Turns out the cheapest option was by 'Global Value' and would be £42, or about $63 US.
loving hell. Yeah, don't pay that kind of price if you don't have to - and if you do have to, hit me up and I'll kick in a subsidy. Goddam.

My sister lived in London for about three years, back in the early noughties. She went to Oslo for a weekend once in that time, there was some kind of seat sale on one of the budget airlines. Her round trip (presumably with luggage exceeding that Pelican case in size & weight) cost something less than £100, I think. Maybe this goon project is an excuse for some of you to take some vacations?

big scary monsters
Sep 2, 2011

-~Skullwave~-
While people are reading this thread again, I haven't forgotten that I'm meant to be uploading a bunch of pictures to the tumblr, I've just been having computar trubbles on the machine where I have LR and have been too lazy/busy to sort them out. I'll get it done before the camera returns to New York, promise.

nielsm
Jun 1, 2009

Dalax posted:

So, I went to the Post Orifice today to post off the camera to Norge.

I've previously looked at shipping costs for getting stuff to Sweden from England, those are also much higher than getting the same items to Denmark.
It might be cheaper overall to first send it to someone on the main continent (and Norway/Sweden/Finland don't count for that) and have it go around from there.

Dalax
Oct 27, 2007

ExecuDork posted:

loving hell. Yeah, don't pay that kind of price if you don't have to - and if you do have to, hit me up and I'll kick in a subsidy. Goddam.

My sister lived in London for about three years, back in the early noughties. She went to Oslo for a weekend once in that time, there was some kind of seat sale on one of the budget airlines. Her round trip (presumably with luggage exceeding that Pelican case in size & weight) cost something less than £100, I think. Maybe this goon project is an excuse for some of you to take some vacations?

All is well. Using parcelmonkey.com it's getting picked up tomorrow for £18. By Parcelforce. Who quoted me £43 on their own website. :fuckoff:

Dalax
Oct 27, 2007

Ok. I got the roll of film developed today. I've tweaked all the ones I wish to upload, but I'm having a noob moment. I can't see where to upload or email the pictures to the tumblr. I've signed up, but there is no obvious link. So, some tips would be great.

I am ready to embrace your derision.

Meanwhile, I uploaded them to my flickr. Here's a couple below. I shot one roll of Jessops 'diamond 2 everyday' 400, expired 3 years ago. So only the good poo poo.

CAW 3 by M Walts, on Flickr

WHERE I LIVE

CAW 2 by M Walts, on Flickr

:britain:

CAW 6 by M Walts, on Flickr

This was a clandestine stretched arm shot of some local bowls. The guy closest heard the shutter go and I legged it, feeling a bit like a pervert.

CAW 9 by M Walts, on Flickr

CAW 15 by M Walts, on Flickr

CWAC

CAW 17 by M Walts, on Flickr

And bonus double exposure.

The things I enjoy the most are a bit of light leakage, and whatever the off colour streaks were going vertically.

ExecuDork
Feb 25, 2007

We might be fucked, sir.
Fallen Rib

Dalax posted:

I can't see where to upload or email the pictures to the tumblr. I've signed up, but there is no obvious link. So, some tips would be great.

This was a clandestine stretched arm shot of some local bowls. The guy closest heard the shutter go and I legged it, feeling a bit like a pervert.

CAW 15 by M Walts, on Flickr
CWAC

Acronym-based puns and a feeling of perversion - you have fully embraced the Dorkroom! Excellent!

I can email the tumblr details to you if you don't have PMs. Send me a PM if you do, or email martinbrummell AT msn DOT com
I'm keeping the post-directly-to-tumblr details secret because I don't want it to fill up with pictures NOT taken by that camera. At this point that's probably moot, but I'll keep to this system until it needs to change.

bobmarleysghost
Mar 7, 2006

Dalax posted:

Meanwhile, I uploaded them to my flickr. Here's a couple below. I shot one roll of Jessops 'diamond 2 everyday' 400, expired 3 years ago. So only the good poo poo.

CAW 3 by M Walts, on Flickr

I'm feeling this

scottch
Oct 18, 2003
"It appears my wee-wee's been stricken with rigor mortis."

Dalax posted:

This is awesome and you should feel good for taking it. A grin or a wave before just walking away is usually enough to satisfy most people.

pseudonordic
Aug 31, 2003

The Jack of All Trades

SoundMonkey posted:

It's on the way, fear not.

So, uh. What's up?

SoundMonkey
Apr 22, 2006

I just push buttons.

pseudonordic posted:

So, uh. What's up?

The camera caught a near fatal case of shelfitis. Providing I can find a box it'll go out tomorrow, via actual tracked Good Shipping, because I figure if I spend an extra $20 I'll feel like less of an rear end.

big scary monsters
Sep 2, 2011

-~Skullwave~-
I finally got around to uploading my pictures of Scotland so check them out, or don't, no offense.
http://dorkroom-ae1-world.tumblr.com/

Dalax
Oct 27, 2007

big scary monsters posted:

I finally got around to uploading my pictures of Scotland so check them out, or don't, no offense.

:stare:

Langoustines?

I've never been to Scotland. It's a regret of mine.

What film did you use?

I get a full on Hamish Macbeth (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O-TSoDsSBPc) vibe from your pictures. (This is good) Sorry if that's a bit Scottist.

I have also started to upload mine now as well. The Dorkroom truly is being treated today.

big scary monsters
Sep 2, 2011

-~Skullwave~-

Dalax posted:

Langoustines?

What film did you use?

I get a full on Hamish Macbeth (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O-TSoDsSBPc) vibe from your pictures. (This is good) Sorry if that's a bit Scottist.

I have also started to upload mine now as well. The Dorkroom truly is being treated today.
The lady at the stall called them "lobster tails" but yeah pretty sure they were langoustines, in some sort of ultra buttery super garlic sauce. They were so tasty - if you want good seafood, Oban is the place to go. I used one of the films that was in the box, Fuji something. I intended to shoot two rolls, then decided I didn't have time, then kept the camera for another week anyway. It was a sort of Hamish Macbeth week, I was visiting a bunch of fish farms for work so I spent most of my time driving around remote parts of north west Scotland.

Bath looks really nice, I think I visited the university once but I've never been to the town proper.

ExecuDork
Feb 25, 2007

We might be fucked, sir.
Fallen Rib

Hurray!

Dalax posted:

Hurray!

Dr. Despair
Nov 4, 2009

39 perfect posts with each roll.

Dalax posted:

Langoustines?

What film did you use?

There's a good chance it was expired fuji superia 100 then, if it was the film I tossed in there.

big scary monsters
Sep 2, 2011

-~Skullwave~-
Yeah, that was the stuff.

geeves
Sep 16, 2004

Dalax posted:

What are we missing about this shot? Besides that they're playing some game to which the plebs are not privy.

Otherwise, great shots

Spedman
Mar 12, 2010

Kangaroos hate Hasselblads

geeves posted:

What are we missing about this shot? Besides that they're playing some game to which the plebs are not privy.

Thats probably my favourite of the shots just posted, but it's pretty common game typically popular amoung the older set in Commonwealth countries and also young people who want to drink cheap booze during the Summer in Australia.

Spedman fucked around with this message at 06:43 on Jun 5, 2013

SoundMonkey
Apr 22, 2006

I just push buttons.

pseudonordic posted:

So, uh. What's up?

The shelfitis was cured.

Tracking is LM 800 619 515 CA. I'd guess you'd have to track it on canadapost.ca but I dunno. Either way expect it in 6 business days or less.

Photos unloaded from card but not processed, give that a couple days for my terrible snapshots.

ExecuDork
Feb 25, 2007

We might be fucked, sir.
Fallen Rib
Question for the masses: Now that two cameras are in circulation (Around The World!!!), do we want to put the pictures from the digicam onto the same tumblr, or start another one?

I have no strong feelings either way (yet)

SoundMonkey
Apr 22, 2006

I just push buttons.

ExecuDork posted:

Question for the masses: Now that two cameras are in circulation (Around The World!!!), do we want to put the pictures from the digicam onto the same tumblr, or start another one?

Is 'shitcameraforaclownatthecircus.tumblr.com' taken?

Laser Cow
Feb 22, 2006

Just like real cows!

Only with lasers.
Camera has landed, might even get it today. Actually quite excited about this now.

8th-snype
Aug 28, 2005

My office is in the front room of a run-down 12 megapixel sensor but the rent suits me and the landlord doesn't ask many questions.

Dorkroom Short Fiction Champion 2012

Young Orc

SoundMonkey posted:

Is 'shitcameraforaclownatthecircus.tumblr.com' taken?

Nope, muchlikeyourposting.tumblr.com is also available.

EDIT: Serious post: why is shortbuscatte.tumblr.com still available? We could have been reblogging your cat THIS WHOLE TIME.

8th-snype fucked around with this message at 08:31 on Jun 6, 2013

Laser Cow
Feb 22, 2006

Just like real cows!

Only with lasers.
I hosed up, slight delay on me receiving the camera. Hopefully it'll get fixed today.

[edit]Nope, everything is fine.

Laser Cow fucked around with this message at 08:01 on Jun 7, 2013

pseudonordic
Aug 31, 2003

The Jack of All Trades

SoundMonkey posted:

The shelfitis was cured.

Tracking is LM 800 619 515 CA. I'd guess you'd have to track it on canadapost.ca but I dunno. Either way expect it in 6 business days or less.

Photos unloaded from card but not processed, give that a couple days for my terrible snapshots.

Camera is here and it's as horrible as I'd hoped it would be :love:

ExecuDork posted:

Don't care either way. I'd just use the same tumblr with tags.

SoundMonkey
Apr 22, 2006

I just push buttons.

pseudonordic posted:

Camera is here and it's as horrible as I'd hoped it would be

Yeah that thing is a gigantic piece of poo poo as promised. The batteries in it might be dead but who knows, maybe not.

I hope you enjoy the "cover retracted 0.3mm short of all the way" click-stop. I know I did.

Laser Cow
Feb 22, 2006

Just like real cows!

Only with lasers.
I've had this camera far too long now, I still have a few shots to take but my plan fell through due to weather. Time to get it moving onward anyway.

pseudonordic
Aug 31, 2003

The Jack of All Trades

SoundMonkey posted:

Yeah that thing is a gigantic piece of poo poo as promised. The batteries in it might be dead but who knows, maybe not.

I hope you enjoy the "cover retracted 0.3mm short of all the way" click-stop. I know I did.

I have managed to get a few shots with the really, truly lovely digital point and shoot. Any chain of custody set for this after me? I plan to ship it out Saturday to whoever is next. I'll be adding the USB xD reader to the box.

ExecuDork
Feb 25, 2007

We might be fucked, sir.
Fallen Rib
Canon AE-1 (currently with Laser Cow): There are two more Norwegian goons, azathosk in Oslo (last report) and Klogdor in Tromsų (again, last report). Whichever of those two replies first gets it.

nielsm is in Stockholm.
Frost is in Cologne.

lovely Digicam PoS (currently with pseudonordic): Uh, somebody step up for this, please.

Dr. Despair
Nov 4, 2009

39 perfect posts with each roll.

pseudonordic posted:

I have managed to get a few shots with the really, truly lovely digital point and shoot. Any chain of custody set for this after me? I plan to ship it out Saturday to whoever is next. I'll be adding the USB xD reader to the box.

If no one else wants it I'll take it.

Laser Cow
Feb 22, 2006

Just like real cows!

Only with lasers.
I sent Azathosk a message on Flikr since he doesn't have PMs. Would be a shame to skip him.

SoundMonkey
Apr 22, 2006

I just push buttons.

Mr. Despair posted:

If no one else wants it I'll take it.

I trust this man, so, speaking ex cathedra, the bullshit P&S goes to MrDespair.

Klogdor
Jul 17, 2007
Still in Tromsų but I can wait for Azathosk to have his turn. Festival season is starting up in the north though, would be nice to bring it to a few of them.

nielsm
Jun 1, 2009

I'm in the middle of moving right now, and going on vacation shortly after, so I'll skip turn until that's over with.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

azathosk
Aug 20, 2006

Sup guys?

Klogdor posted:

Still in Tromsų but I can wait for Azathosk to have his turn. Festival season is starting up in the north though, would be nice to bring it to a few of them.

I will get the camera tomorrow. When does the festivals starts up north?

• Locked thread