Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

Roger Wynter posted:

Looking forward to Mou coming back

Haha this rules.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheGoatFeeder
Mar 16, 2005

"One Zaba, Two Zaba, Three Zabaleta, Four Zaba, Five Zaba, Six Zabaleta, Seven Zaba, Eight Zaba, Nine Zabaleta, Heeeeeeeeeey Zabaleta"

Tzen posted:

Haha this rules.

He doesn't exactly look thrilled....

Insanely Sikh
Aug 26, 2009

Winner, SA's Sikh Of the Year, 2013
It would be funny if he did badly, which for Chelsea is probably second in the league or something.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Tzen posted:

Haha this rules.

Another success for the 'make them stare directly into your light source' school of football photography

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

sassassin posted:

Another success for the 'make them stare directly into your light source' school of football photography
pretty sure that's just what he looks like, bro

Insanely Sikh
Aug 26, 2009

Yeah I think he's trying to look mysterious.

ass cobra
May 28, 2004

by Azathoth
Shouldn't he really be holding up a track suit with JM emblazoned on it?

Or maybe he'll join Terry as a full kit wanker next season?

Insanely Sikh
Aug 26, 2009

It's pretty standard fare for Managers to hold up the player's kit as it's more recognisable I would have thought.

Unless you're just having a dig at Terry in which case

Lol

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009

Tzen posted:

Haha this rules.

I love the PR photos of new signings holding up shirts as though they're infected with smallpox its my favourite part of transfer season

Nis
Feb 21, 2011

:allears:

Hallowed Turban posted:

It's pretty standard fare for Managers to hold up the player's kit as it's more recognisable I would have thought.

Unless you're just having a dig at Terry in which case

Lol

This is funny in so many ways. I still prefer full kit wanker Terry though.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Like a baby giraffe on ice.

Vinestalk
Jul 2, 2011

tbp posted:

I may be wrong but I'd reckon there's quite a bit of difference between Keirrison and Neymar.

I think you'd be surprised by the amount of similarities between the players. One just stayed longer in Brazil than the other did. But, I guess I don't know what I'm talking about. I only watched Neymar/Keirrison actually play for their Brazilian clubs.

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

DU WIRST NIEMALS ALLEINE MARSCHIEREN

Vinestalk posted:

I think you'd be surprised by the amount of similarities between the players. One just stayed longer in Brazil than the other did. But, I guess I don't know what I'm talking about. I only watched Neymar/Keirrison actually play for their Brazilian clubs.

Oh well that explains it then.

Ewar Woowar
Feb 25, 2007

Vinestalk posted:

Kerrison was never hyped up like Neymar has been. Also Kerrison hadn't (and still hasn't) played for Brasil.

Vinestalk
Jul 2, 2011
Had he stayed in Brazil a couple more seasons (like Neymar did), Keirrison would have gotten the hype and the call ups. His performances before Barcelona purchased him are a testament to that. And to say he wasn't hyped in Brazil is a total understatement. You don't lead the league in goalscoring at his age and not get hyped as the next big thing in Brazil.

A lot of these are penalties and tap ins, it's the goals from Coritiba's state cup competition, but you can see his technique and quality later in the clip:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7oO1vkMacFE

But this is a digression from my original point, which was that Barcelona's scout system is far from infallible and that people have every right to have reservations about Neymar's quality. His lapses in effort/work rate were as clear as day for Santos and the only people who don't say as such are teenage girls or club owners who own a part of his stake. World's Greatest Brazilian couldn't win a cup competition last season and finished mid-table, failing to even qualify for Libertadores.

Ewar Woowar
Feb 25, 2007

Vinestalk posted:

Had he stayed in Brazil a couple more seasons (like Neymar did), Keirrison would have gotten the hype and the call ups. His performances before Barcelona purchased him are a testament to that. And to say he wasn't hyped in Brazil is a total understatement. You don't lead the league in goalscoring at his age and not get hyped as the next big thing in Brazil.

A lot of these are penalties and tap ins, it's the goals from Coritiba's state cup competition, but you can see his technique and quality later in the clip:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7oO1vkMacFE

But this is a digression from my original point, which was that Barcelona's scout system is far from infallible and that people have every right to have reservations about Neymar's quality. His lapses in effort/work rate were as clear as day for Santos and the only people who don't say as such are teenage girls or club owners who own a part of his stake. World's Greatest Brazilian couldn't win a cup competition last season and finished mid-table, failing to even qualify for Libertadores.

He would have gotten the hype had he maintained that form...like Neymar did. If Kerrison was the real deal he would be playing at a decent level now...which he isn't.

I'd agree that Neymar isn't as great as he's made out to be but he's far beyond a player of Kerrison's ability.

El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/
Instead of a tre-eight slug to yo' cranium/
I got six and I'm aimin' 'em/
Will I bust or keep you guessin'
Keirrison hasn't played a single game for Barca, as soon as he was signed he did the typical summer tour and then he was loaned out and has never been back, he was bought with the express purpose of making Laporta and his cronies a few million euros in commissions. To compare him with Neymar is the most retarded thing I've ever seen in this forum and that's saying a lot.

Vinestalk
Jul 2, 2011
I don't think you watched Keirrison before he moved to Barcelona. You're probably right about whatever Barcelona/Laporta did, but that doesn't mean anything about Keirrison's actual ability or potential. Seriously, had the guy stayed in Brazil for 1-2 seasons more just like Neymar, he would have gotten caps and his move would have costed in excess of €30mil.

And I don't think you can disagree with Neymar's own failings since you watch Libertadores. You've seen firsthand how good he has been for Santos in previous years and how terrible he's been recently.

Ewar Woowar posted:

He would have gotten the hype had he maintained that form...like Neymar did. If Kerrison was the real deal he would be playing at a decent level now...which he isn't.

I'd agree that Neymar isn't as great as he's made out to be but he's far beyond a player of Kerrison's ability.

I think you're missing the point of staying in Brazil. Had Neymar gone to Europe at a younger age, that consistency you compliment him for wouldn't have existed. A young Neymar at Madrid or Barcelona wouldn't have gotten game time just like Keirrison didn't.

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

DU WIRST NIEMALS ALLEINE MARSCHIEREN

Vinestalk posted:

I don't think you watched Keirrison before he moved to Barcelona. You're probably right about whatever Barcelona/Laporta did, but that doesn't mean anything about Keirrison's actual ability or potential. Seriously, had the guy stayed in Brazil for 1-2 seasons more just like Neymar, he would have gotten caps and his move would have costed in excess of €30mil.

And I don't think you can disagree with Neymar's own failings since you watch Libertadores. You've seen firsthand how good he has been for Santos in previous years and how terrible he's been recently.

I think you're missing the point of staying in Brazil. Had Neymar gone to Europe at a younger age, that consistency you compliment him for wouldn't have existed. A young Neymar at Madrid or Barcelona wouldn't have gotten game time just like Keirrison didn't.

But he's going later, so it's different.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
https://www.facebook.com/lothar.matthaeus

Lothar Matthäus has said he'll come out of retirement if he gets 1 million likes on facebook

Mickolution
Oct 1, 2005

Ballers...I put numbers on the boards
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-S__wtFSUkc

ragle
Nov 1, 2009

Dunban
Jul 4, 2012

OH MY GOD GLOVER
eeeehhh

ter Stegen had a (comparatively) bad season, Trapp, Leno and Baumann were better. Schürrle wasn't all that great either. Carvajal, Alaba, Götze and de Bruyne were good though.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire
El Shaarawy is one of the players that's got more goals and assists than Ljajic, don't see why he's not in there.

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lol @ Savic being absolute trash in the EPL but being "amazing" in the Serie A.

Paperhouse
Dec 31, 2008

I think
your hair
looks much
better
pushed
over to
one side
That team winds me up because it's just chucked all the best attacking players in and put a few in positions they don't or can't play. I'm sure there have been some good actual under 21 central midfielders in Europe that could have been in instead of having two number 10s. It's like the Premier League team of the season that had Mata and Carrick in a two man midfield, it doesn't work like that and MY IMMERSION is shattered

Paperhouse fucked around with this message at 17:05 on Jun 4, 2013

Mickolution
Oct 1, 2005

Ballers...I put numbers on the boards

quote:

Cracking stuff here from Sunday League side Duckpond FC who celebrated winning the Colchester Sunday League Division Two title (just a season after winning Division Three) by clubbing together and spending £300 on an hour-long open-top bus parade around their home town of Harwich, Essex on Saturday afternoon.

In the interests of doing things properly, they also spent a further £150 0n printing up a giant “Duckpond FC” banner to tie to the side of the bus, which ferried the victorious team around their hometown and also into nearby Dovercourt and Parkeston…

Duckpond FC – who were formed by a group of mates, named after Cox’s Pond in the middle of Harwich and include a butcher, a welder, a railway worker and a barman among their squad – won 12 of their 16 league games to win the division title.

Club captain Kris Muir (the barman), 25, told the Beeb:

“We wanted to have a proper celebration. We all grew up together and are pals outside of football so we wanted to go out in style and have a proper celebration.

“Word spread on Facebook and people were outside their houses waiting for us to come past. We were getting waves and shouts. It was a great day.”

Well played Duckpond, well played indeed!

http://www.whoateallthepies.tv/funn...bus-parade.html

The Finn
Aug 27, 2004

إنه أصلع في الأسفل، كما تعلم
That's brilliant

euroboy
Mar 24, 2004

Meanwhile, in Belgium

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H4_YyK69OfA

Insanely Sikh
Aug 26, 2009

I think I'd have a heart attack if I saw someone moving that fast on crutches in real life.

HJB
Feb 16, 2011

:swoon: I can't get enough of are Dan :swoon:

That's the duckpond on the right of the picture, next to that derelict building. Nothing but style and glamour in Harwich, trust me. Here's another piccy of the bus:

Quality trophy, that.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire
Not a photo, but a funny tidbit from an interview with Pirlo about Inzaghi and his superstitions.

quote:

Inzaghi in fatto di superstizione non aveva rivali. Pippo, cagava. cagava tantissimo, e questo di per sé è un bene, il fatto però che la facesse allo stadio, nel nostro spogliatoio, poco prima di giocare, ci rendeva alquanto nervosi. In particolare se lo spogliatoio era piccolo, perchè tanta puzza in poco spazio tende a comprimersi. Andava in bagno anche tre o quattro volte nel giro di dieci minuti. “Ragazzi, mi porta bene”. A pestarla mi avevano raccontato, non a produrla o annusarla. “Pippo, a noi no. Ma cos’hai mangiato, un cadavere?”.

quote:

Inzaghi, with regards to superstitions, has no rivals. Pippo, he took shits. He took so many shits, and for him it was good luck, but the fact that he did in the stadium, in our locker room, right before playing, made us all nervous. Especially if the locker room was little, as so much stink tends to squeeze in to all of the little spaces. He would go the bathroom three or four times in the space of 10 minutes. "Guys, it brings me good luck". To beat it, I had to not produce (I couldn't poo poo) it or smell it. "Pippo, not to us. What did you eat, a corpse?"

belgend
Mar 6, 2008

me when The Club do another win

Courtois not being best keeper is just bullshit. They even could've had "most clean sheets in La Liga" and be done with it.

Thurlow
Aug 14, 2005

belgend posted:

Courtois not being best keeper is just bullshit. They even could've had "most clean sheets in La Liga" and be done with it.

but Good High Claims

Spiller
Apr 28, 2010

Song about Zlatan.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MUga24jTf6g

It's no Lu Lu Lu though.

Spiller fucked around with this message at 22:23 on Jun 4, 2013

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Japan drew with Australia in Saitama to become the first team to qualify for the 2014 World Cup in Brazil. This was the pivotal moment when Matt McKay (#17, far right) earned a yellow for a handball late in the game that gave Japan a penalty to get a 1-all draw - which they converted.

edogawa rando fucked around with this message at 22:51 on Jun 4, 2013

ragle
Nov 1, 2009
The whoscored.com U-21 team upthread is based on their match rating system, just the top qualifying players at the respective positions.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gRzBNGGb-zc
With Palace securing promotion to the Premier League, the Crystal Girls celebrated by recording their own version of the club's anthem "Glad All Over", and toasted the boys' success with their friends from the ROAR cheerleaders from the Jacksonville Jaguars NFL team.

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack
http://i.imgur.com/ggLpez1.jpg maybe NWS but honestly pretty sexy and hot

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gorn Myson
Aug 8, 2007

Spiller posted:

Song about Zlatan.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MUga24jTf6g

It's no Lu Lu Lu though.
Zlatan seems to inspire quite a few musical masterpieces; https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-NVMKpAUKMk

Do Arsenal fans sing Lu Lu Lu? It would be a tragedy to let that go to waste.

• Locked thread