Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Unbound
Dec 11, 2012

Atlantis for best map

All others are bugged...

Lurdiak posted:

I should point out that it's implied in MK9 that the reason he never broke ranks with Quan Chi is partly because of the shame he felt at not being able to stay his hand (despite Raiden promising to petition the Elder Gods to resurrect his clan if he spared Sub-Zero) made him want to hide from the world, and partly due to the Lin Kuei cyborgs interrupting his match with Sub-Zero 2 just before what would likely have been the moment Scorpion realizes Sub Zero 2 is a good kid.

Unlike Injustice, MK9's story mode has a lot of clever character moments like that.

E: Whoops, double post.

I wouldn't so much call it shame, though that is unarguably present, but more so loyalty. Often, Quan Chi would bark out orders like, "Restraint, Scorpion." To me this came off as part of the spell that Quan Chi would have used to resurrect him, a catch-22 in the case of Scorpion turning on him. You'll notice that Noob Saibot also seems to do exactly as Quan Chi says without question, however it is short lived.

To get back on topic; I really think Scorpion is going to fit in nicely in terms of character balance. He seems like a pretty agile character, so I could only hope he's part of the 'Acrobat' characters. It'd be a shame if I can't slide on Atlantis' Water Pipe and then summon fire under-water.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rugpisser
Aug 1, 2007

PHONES DOWN...PHONES DOWN IN THE BACK
Reports that Scorpion is live on 360 along with the new skins:

Classic Doomsday (The Green Suit) - Via Compatibility pack
Darkest Night Superman, Flash, and Grundy(?) - Via Darkest Night Pack 1
Red Son Batman, Green Lantern and Deathstroke(!?) - Via Red Son Pack 2

Apparently the Darkest Night skins are super buggy and none of this seems like it should have been released yet.

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

"I stood there, wondering why the puck was getting bigger...

and then it hit me."

Assuming the blame is on XBL again, this would be what, the second or third time they've hosed up Injustice DLC? You'd think NRS would get angry at them or something.

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
Pretty sure XBL is run by unpaid interns, so getting angry doesn't really have any impact.

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

and then it hit me."

Sounds like all of that stuff is being or has been taken down off XBL, now.

Dre2Dee2
Dec 6, 2006

Just a striding through Kamen Rider...

Rugpisser posted:

Red Son Batman, Green Lantern and Deathstroke(!?) - Via Red Son Pack 2

Apparently the Darkest Night skins are super buggy and none of this seems like it should have been released yet.

RED SON DEATHSTROKE :stare::fh:

Fenn the Fool!
Oct 24, 2006
woohoo

Shadow Ninja 64 posted:

Superman clearly blocks Scorpions teleport while ducking in the trailer, meaning the teleport is a mid instead of an overhead. Since holding down is sufficient to low block in Injustice, this means you won't have to guess a side to block random teleports. The teleport will be used as it was in MK9, to counter zoning or jumping on reaction and in combos.

Just make sure you hold straight down to block, holding down-back will allow you to be crossed up and holding down-forward will only block crossups :pseudo:

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

The 360 compatibility pack including The Hulk Containment Suit Doomsday is available for download. For me at least. After getting it on my box Scorpion is fully playable. Looks like I'm not able to play him online unless the other player has the comp pack too, but I honestly haven't tried that much yet since I don't have time at the moment and have only tooled around with him for like 5 mins.

Turns out his trait IS a burning aura that hurts whoever is right next to him though the hit box is pretty tight (about a step away from Scorp) once it's on. Also his MB spear totally works like Batmans grapple gun only with a big fiery uppercut.

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

and then it hit me."

The early reports on Scorpion are that he seems to be extremely meter-hungry and that his high/low mixup is weak because the low is punishable and his two overheads are easy to block on reaction. He could still be fine if his whiff punishment is strong, though, and I imagine that his MB Teleport being +9 or something equally silly on block will be a strong option for him.

Edit: Oh my god I need this ASAP:

thebardyspoon
Jun 30, 2005
Aw, Lobo and Batgirl both came out on a tuesday in the UK on PS3. No Scorpion today though, that's a bit of a bummer. What does Red Son Deathstroke look like?

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
Who the gently caress is the last one? :stare:

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

I see a pony tail so I assume a really metal looking Doomsday

Seymour Butts
Jun 26, 2003
I break girls in like baseball gloves

JackDarko posted:

Has anyone else received an email from <noreply@emails.injustice.com>? It's regarding signing up for Marketing information from WB games in exchange for an Arrow Skin.

If you haven't got an answer to this, I just got this email this morning.

Dj Meow Mix
Jan 27, 2009

corgicorgicorgicorgi
rockin everywhere

Seymour Butts posted:

If you haven't got an answer to this, I just got this email this morning.

Same here. Apparently codes won't be shipped out until the end of June if I'm reading right.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

I just told WB that I hadn't gotten my Arrow code like promised (even though I didn't actually vote) and they emailed me a code about 2 weeks later.

Krad
Feb 4, 2008

Touche

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

Is that Grundy AND Flash? BOUGHT.

Rugpisser
Aug 1, 2007

Shadow Ninja 64 posted:

Edit: Oh my god I need this ASAP:

This is baller, I look forward to seeing the Deathstroke skin because I don't remember him in the comic.

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

That has to be Doomsday, it has his ponytail and weird spike beard.

Dre2Dee2
Dec 6, 2006

Just a striding through Kamen Rider...

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

That's loving DOOMSDAY. :stare:

I love that they are letting NRS do total Elseworlds like skins for the packs

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

AnonSpore posted:

Man. Scorpion's sort of a dick, isn't he.
The Battlewave comics series was....weird. Shao Khan brainwashes Sonya Blade in order to marry her in the first series, then the second edition happens with the whole MacGuffin medallion quest (Battlewave I was 6 issues; Battlewave II was a single release). II has a lot of stuff going on at the same time; there's this black guy named Bo (introduced in Battlewave I, friends with Johnny Cage IIRC) helping out the good guys who decides to beat up Reptile after he throws Johnny off a cliff and then sit on his unconscious body because he has no idea where he is, goddamn BARAKA sides with the heroes...until he literally mauls Jax and gets fried by Raiden (to stupidly help set up Jax's metal arms in MK3; it gets dumber because Jax decides to fight while still bleeding out and badly injures his arms even more), the whole Sub-Zero/Scorpion discussion happens away from everyone else and just feels like it should have been its own separate comic. Battlewave was...just BAD.

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

Any guesses? I think Zod on Friday for the movie or announcing a second season pass.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Liar Lyre posted:

Any guesses? I think Zod on Friday for the movie or announcing a second season pass.

Without a doubt it's Zod.
(Edit: and probably another Supes alt)

It's like he doesn't know everyone who follows him on Twitter also has access to other parts of the Internet where literally every secret about this season pass has already been leaked before Lobo even dropped.

AndyElusive fucked around with this message at 17:21 on Jun 4, 2013

Krad
Feb 4, 2008

Touche

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

That has to be Doomsday, it has his ponytail and weird spike beard.

Oh. There goes my excitement if that's the case.

Bloodly
Nov 3, 2008

Not as strong as you'd expect.

Liar Lyre posted:

I'm expecting Palpatine. His intro will be him dropping from 'somewhere'.

Bloodly fucked around with this message at 17:32 on Jun 4, 2013

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
It's that Scorpion isn't really in the game, and that MK10 will feature Black lantern Superman as a guest character amd the Batcave as a guest stage.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Mortal Kombat vs DC Universe 2.

SkeletonHero
Sep 7, 2010

:dehumanize:
:killing:
:dehumanize:

AndyElusive posted:

Mortal Kombat vs DC Universe 2.

If they could use the current engine, and get DC to let them cut loose with the violence, I wouldn't mind this.

Rugpisser
Aug 1, 2007

Injustice(X360) for 9.99 going on over at gamestop.com though the site is molasses atm.

Arikado
May 9, 2008

Rugpisser posted:

Injustice(X360) for 9.99 going on over at gamestop.com though the site is molasses atm.

It's $9.99 on the PS3 as well. I have one in my cart but can't do anything with it. :negative:

MrMoose
Jan 4, 2003

Happy Happy Joy Joy
I can't even get it into my cart :(

Akileese
Feb 6, 2005

Arikado posted:

It's $9.99 on the PS3 as well. I have one in my cart but can't do anything with it. :negative:

Just wait it out. It takes some serious time but it will go through eventually.

J Detan
Apr 24, 2008

Wir haben uns zu Meistern der Wissenschaft!

Grimey Drawer
Looks like the WiiU version's 10 bucks too, and this little sale puts it right in my impulse range! :D

MrMoose
Jan 4, 2003

Happy Happy Joy Joy
Got a gateway timeout trying to add it to my cart :( Guess I won't be getting this after all.

Arikado
May 9, 2008

MrMoose posted:

Got a gateway timeout trying to add it to my cart :( Guess I won't be getting this after all.

I just got one waiting for the shipping address page to load.

Edit: I get a page that says "the service is unavailable" now whenever I try to access my cart. :smithicide:

Arikado fucked around with this message at 18:23 on Jun 4, 2013

MrMoose
Jan 4, 2003

Happy Happy Joy Joy
Beautiful.

Hey, let's have a sale on a semi-popular game. Let's have it for an hour.

Oh and then lets not make sure the servers can handle it.

Yeah. I'd like this game but not at 60 bucks :(

Tapela
Dec 7, 2006
So I had a copy in my cart before the servers got pounded cause I figured they'd just auto correct the price. Went to check out and now I'm getting service unavailable after about 22 minutes of waiting for the drat thing to load so I can confirm. At this rate no one is going to be able to buy the drat thing because its only a hour long sale.

Akileese
Feb 6, 2005

Tapela posted:

So I had a copy in my cart before the servers got pounded cause I figured they'd just auto correct the price. Went to check out and now I'm getting serice unavailable after about 22 minutes of waiting for the drat thing to load so I can confirm. At this rate no one is going to be able to buy the drat thing because its only a hour long sale.

I got to the credit card page, got a gateway timeout and then it said my cart was empty. Whatever, I want Injustice, but not at $60. The best part was it said it had been deleted due to availability and then allowed me to put a PS3 version back in the cart.

Malachite
Mar 2, 2004

Tapela posted:

So I had a copy in my cart before the servers got pounded cause I figured they'd just auto correct the price. Went to check out and now I'm getting service unavailable after about 22 minutes of waiting for the drat thing to load so I can confirm. At this rate no one is going to be able to buy the drat thing because its only a hour long sale.

Similar thing happened to me. Had it in my cart for $10 and on the last step of checkout it timed out then deleted the game from my cart. Guess they're sold out.

Did they even limit how many copies can be purchased per customer? I see people elsewhere posting about how they bought multiple copies.

MrMoose
Jan 4, 2003

Happy Happy Joy Joy

Malachite posted:

Did they even limit how many copies can be purchased per customer? I see people elsewhere posting about how they bought multiple copies.

Beautiful. So basically, they're like "Here, we're tired of selling this at a decent price, take it off our hands and go ebay it for 30 bucks instead, thanks."

EDIT: now it is showing as out of stock. Grats, ebay resellers, on your quick 20-40 bucks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
Wii U version is now unavailable. Shameful! It would have been worth making my dad play it for 10 bucks. Oh well.

• Locked thread