Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hail Mr. Satan!
Oct 3, 2009

by zen death robot
Complain to the Consumerist, this is the type of story they love to publish.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
Eh turns out 'murica gamestop won't ship to Canada anyways.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

gannyGrabber posted:

Eh turns out 'murica gamestop won't ship to Canada anyways.

They certainly do ship to Canada.

J Detan
Apr 24, 2008

Wir haben uns zu Meistern der Wissenschaft!

Grimey Drawer
They still have the price online. Can anyone think of retailers that will price match this?

Awesome Andy
Feb 18, 2007

All the spoils of a wasted life
Scorpion is cool I guess it just feels like he doesn't have the right set of tools to be in this game if that makes any sense, granted this is all me fiddling and I am trash at this game.
I don't mind a MK character being in it I just wish it was someone other than scorpion.

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer
So wait, I thought shazam's trait made his punches unblockable? In training while testing out combo's it came up as unblockable yet this green arrow I'm fighting is able to every one of my punches. Is there something I'm not getting?

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

Love the Red Son Hal, anyone got pics of Batcomrade and Deathstroke's new getup? Dying to see what they did with him.

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

"I stood there, wondering why the puck was getting bigger...

and then it hit me."

Fibby Boy posted:

So wait, I thought shazam's trait made his punches unblockable? In training while testing out combo's it came up as unblockable yet this green arrow I'm fighting is able to every one of my punches. Is there something I'm not getting?

It was unclear to me at first, too, but what it is is that the extra lightning damage applied to your punches does the same bonus damage on hit and on block, and it registers in training as unblockable. The fists themselves are still blockable and do their normal damage, too.

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer

Shadow Ninja 64 posted:

It was unclear to me at first, too, but what it is is that the extra lightning damage applied to your punches does the same bonus damage on hit and on block, and it registers in training as unblockable. The fists themselves are still blockable and do their normal damage, too.

Well that's just plain dumb. :saddowns:

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Guys just wait it out, I'm sure there will be lots of sales for this game all in due time. Besides anyone buying it for the other platform will have to eventually get the DLC (if you want it I guess) so you might as well just wait for the Komplete Edition.

Also I'm digging Scorpion. Like SN64 mentioned earlier he's really meter hungry, which I'm used to being with Sinestro. MB Hellfire hits grounded opponents which is great tool for okizeme. MB spear has lots of stun to it, so you can pretty much do whatever combo you want after. MB teleport punch is +9 on block.

For as blah as his super is, there's really not much reason you should be doing it much since if you're not blasting away meter then I don't know what you're doing with it.

Also that little 6 frame "toasty huh hee hee poke" df1 that is 0 on block is kind of neat I guess too.

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

and then it hit me."

Supposedly there is an actual patch out, around 7MB, that fixes the glitches with the Blackest Night costumes. 360 only at this point obviously because us PSN folks don't have poo poo yet.

MrJacobs
Sep 15, 2008

Fibby Boy posted:

Well that's just plain dumb. :saddowns:

no, making his punches unblockable would be really dumb unless they suddenly had horrible recovery after a whiff.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

Shadow Ninja 64 posted:

Supposedly there is an actual patch out, around 7MB, that fixes the glitches with the Blackest Night costumes. 360 only at this point obviously because us PSN folks don't have poo poo yet.

Well that's goofy as hell. I thought they'd just yank the stuff down and pretend it never happened, when are they gonna actually drop all the cool stuff. :saddowns:

Toady
Jan 12, 2009

AndyElusive posted:

Without a doubt it's Zod.
(Edit: and probably another Supes alt)

It's like he doesn't know everyone who follows him on Twitter also has access to other parts of the Internet where literally every secret about this season pass has already been leaked before Lobo even dropped.

Boon knows that what he posts gets people talking regardless.. I think he uses Twitter better than any other game developer I know of.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Toady posted:

Boon knows that what he posts gets people talking regardless.. I think he uses Twitter better than any other game developer I know of.

I don't follow many devs on Twitterverse but the fact that I even follow Boon is probably a good indicator of how right you are.

Just A Friend
Jan 11, 2010

Shadow Ninja 64 posted:

Just booted up the game and got the v1.04 517mb patch. I'll report back when it's finished installing.

Edit: Yup, it all works. PS3 Scorpion is up.

Just A Friend fucked around with this message at 19:58 on Jun 4, 2013

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

and then it hit me."

Well, just booted up my PS3 and starting up Injustice prompts me to download a patch, but then it hangs and the system restarts. Fantastic.

Edit: It appears 3rd time is the charm. 533MB on PS3.

SuddenBlackout
Apr 3, 2004

I sho' is hungry
So whats the trick to get the Xbox version to work? I try to dl scorpion and he is unavailable and if I try to play online the compatibility pack download fails.

strangemusic
Aug 7, 2008

I shield you because I need charge
Is not because I like you or anything!

Shadow Ninja 64 posted:

The early reports on Scorpion are that he seems to be extremely meter-hungry and that his high/low mixup is weak because the low is punishable and his two overheads are easy to block on reaction. He could still be fine if his whiff punishment is strong, though, and I imagine that his MB Teleport being +9 or something equally silly on block will be a strong option for him.

Edit: Oh my god I need this ASAP:

A little late, but holy hell that is amazing.

Rugpisser
Aug 1, 2007

PHONES DOWN...PHONES DOWN IN THE BACK

SuddenBlackout posted:

So whats the trick to get the Xbox version to work? I try to dl scorpion and he is unavailable and if I try to play online the compatibility pack download fails.

Arturo says to download via the xbox live website.

sentrygun
Dec 29, 2009

i say~
hey start:nya-sh
PS3 update ran for me no problem. Hopefully Scorpion's fun because I haven't really cared about either of the DLC characters so far.

SuddenBlackout
Apr 3, 2004

I sho' is hungry

Rugpisser posted:

Arturo says to download via the xbox live website.

Ya I ended up just going into the Xbox download history and just re doing it from there.

The Midniter
Jul 9, 2001

I really hope that they release a massive skin pack once all skins have been released.

sentrygun
Dec 29, 2009

i say~
hey start:nya-sh
For those interested, Scorpion's a non-bomb dropping Gadget user for interactions, so have fun with your dive kicks~

WarEternal
Dec 26, 2010

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

strangemusic posted:

A little late, but holy hell that is amazing.

Yeah, that skin is the bomb. I already liked Green Lantern a lot but that'll probably be the push that gets me to play him a lot more.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

sentrygun posted:

For those interested, Scorpion's a non-bomb dropping Gadget user for interactions, so have fun with your dive kicks~

Well that's a weird choice, I'd assumed he would probably be a Strength character.

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

and then it hit me."

So, in a game with unimaginably slow walkspeeds, somehow Scorpion's walkspeed is the worst. It's like, SSF4 Makoto walkspeed bad. His dashes seem to be pretty decent, though, and I guess he can always MB Teleport to get in.

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer

MrJacobs posted:

no, making his punches unblockable would be really dumb unless they suddenly had horrible recovery after a whiff.

I meant more training mode leading me to believe his punches were unblockable.

SuddenBlackout
Apr 3, 2004

I sho' is hungry
When traited up there is unblockable chip damage from his punches. The trait itself just boost his damage output to crazy numbers, he can 1,1,2 in a corner 4 or 5 times from 60% damage.

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

Here's an image of the Red Son pack, in case anyone was interested:

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

What a horrible thread to have a post.
I wish they would release patch notes. Unless nothing changed, of course.

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

Here's an image of the Red Son pack, in case anyone was interested:

Welp, I think it's time for me to start playing Batman now.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

Here's a closer look at the Kabal Deathstroke one.

Dead Superman

Black Lantern Doomsday

Black Lantern Flash

Death of Superman (I think?) Doomsday

Batcomrade

USAF Green Lantern

Yardbomb fucked around with this message at 21:26 on Jun 4, 2013

Rugpisser
Aug 1, 2007

PHONES DOWN...PHONES DOWN IN THE BACK
Gonna have to learn GL and Batman so I can play them with russian grundy.

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
I picked the shittiest day to not immediately go home from work... Fast 6 better be worth being late to scorpie G.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Wow that Deathstroke alt and Red Son Batman have been the first alt costumes to actually make me consider paying for new costumes for characters I have no idea how to play. Fighter pilot Hal Jordan or whatever isn't too shabby either.

Not really feeling the Black Lanterns, though. Which reminds me, what's the deal with Zombie Mode?

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

and then it hit me."

Scorpion's combo damage without trait seems to be lacking, with a large part of the blame on MB Spear both not doing much damage itself and also scaling combos fairly harshly. Here's a couple I came up with off naked B3:

b3, j3, j3 XX db3, 2u3 XX bf3 (37%, meterless)
b3, j3, j3 XX db3, 2u3 XX bf1~MB, neutral jump j2, f22u3 XX bf1 (40%, one meter)

If you start that first one with MB Spear, it does 29% instead. The lesson here is that MB Spear should be done as late as possible in the combo and that it might be worthwhile to either go for some kind of reset or an untechable knockdown into a Hellfire attempt on their wakeup.

If you choose to go for a mixup, after MB Spear you can do either 11 which is +18 on hit or 21 which is +19 on hit (don't know which is better positionally). This gives you a free attempt at his b1 low, but if they block it it is -9 so beware. His b2 overhead is like 25 frames of startup so characters with fast specials might be able to stuff it even after the 21 string.

Shadow Ninja 64 fucked around with this message at 21:33 on Jun 4, 2013

Toady
Jan 12, 2009

I knew Batmankoff had to be coming eventually.

Krad
Feb 4, 2008

Touche
Oh god I take it back, that black lantern Flash looks hideous, and not in a good way.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Shadow Ninja 64 posted:

Scorpion's combo damage without trait seems to be lacking, with a large part of the blame on MB Spear both not doing much damage itself and also scaling combos fairly harshly. Here's a couple I came up with off naked B3:

b3, j3, j3 XX db3, 2u3 XX bf3 (37%, meterless)
b3, j3, j3 XX db3, 2u3 XX bf1~MB, neutral jump j2, f22u3 XX bf1 (40%, one meter)

If you start that first one with MB Spear, it does 29% instead. The lesson here is that MB Spear should be done as late as possible in the combo and that it might be worthwhile to either go for some kind of reset or an untechable knockdown into a Hellfire attempt on their wakeup.

If you choose to go for a mixup, after MB Spear you can do either 11 which is +18 on hit or 21 which is +19 on hit (don't know which is better positionally). This gives you a free attempt at his b1 low, but if they block it it is -9 so beware. His b2 overhead is like 25 frames of startup so characters with fast specials might be able to stuff it even after the 21 string.

Stream your Injustice lab sessions you jerk. :argh:

• Locked thread