Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Quantum of Phallus posted:

Album on one drive yeah right

Ahahahahaha, that would be so Kanye though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dead Snoopy
Mar 23, 2005

Blast Fantasto posted:

Kanye's having a daughter, that's what I call karma.

That's what THEY'LL name her. Karma Kardashian.

Drake Bate
Nov 2, 2011

Dead Snoopy posted:

North West is the better name :colbert:

atrus50
Dec 24, 2008

Dead Snoopy posted:

Karma karma karma karma kardashian

2 weeks

Ass Catchcum
Dec 21, 2008
I REALLY NEED TO SHUT THE FUCK UP FOREVER.

Drake Bate posted:

North West is the better name :colbert:

Wylde

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Call her Kayne

Call Me Charlie
Dec 3, 2005

by Smythe

Kanya Donda Kardashian West

atrus50
Dec 24, 2008
A daily reminder that daft punk, system of a down and will smith are all involved with this album, as are burial and ma$e

Molestationary Store
May 21, 2007

That just may be the most :psyduck: guest list possible.

a milk crime
Jun 30, 2007

Murky Waters
big business man
To be honest, when I found out that Bruno Mars, Flux Pavillion, one of the LMFAO dudes, etc were involved in Watch The Throne, I was highly skeptical, but it turned out well, so I have high hopes.

Just as long as everything hudson mohawke is on doesn't actually sound like hudmo.

atrus50
Dec 24, 2008

The Singing Chav posted:

That just may be the most :psyduck: guest list possible.

A yearly reminder that at one point, drake, madlib, m.I.a, soulja boy and bon iver were all on MBDTF and out of the above mentioned only bon iver made the cut

Edit: big sean

Not An Irish Monk
May 1, 2009
Yeah a lot of stuff seems to be left on the cutting room flow with Kanye; not surprising considering all those features that have been whispered around. I just want a definite tracklist damnit :f5:

incoherent
Apr 24, 2004

In 2130 the only form of currency will be verses from other artists ment for an kayne song on DAT tapes.

"Milk is 3 taylor swift DATS? That poo poo is robo-cray".

incoherent
Apr 24, 2004

Dangerous Person
Apr 4, 2011

Not dead yet
What the gently caress are you talking about?

EDIT: Reading it again several times it makes sense. I have no idea what happened to my brain.

Dangerous Person fucked around with this message at 07:14 on Jun 5, 2013

^burtle
Jul 17, 2001

God of Boomin'

In the future, unheard verses from Kanye tracks will be worth money.

asecondduck
Feb 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

^burtle posted:

In the future, unheard verses from Kanye tracks will be worth money.

On that note, yesterday I discovered that there's a track hidden in the pregap of Graduation. It wasn't very good.

Dave47
Oct 3, 2012

Shut up and take my money!

lelandjs posted:

On that note, yesterday I discovered that there's a track hidden in the pregap of Graduation. It wasn't very good.
Well, thanks for the heads-up anyway, I'll have to check it out when I get home. Average Kanye is still good music.

born on a buy you
Aug 14, 2005

Odd Fullback
Bird Gang
Sack Them All
Kanye and Madlib collaborated and it didn't make an album? C'mon son.

atrus50
Dec 24, 2008
Kanye and U2 made a song and Swizz Beatz has it somewhere in a vault thank god

fake edit: a great quality cleanup of the snl blk skn head performance http://supaduparcn.tumblr.com/post/52118011005/kanye-west-black-skin-head-co-prod-by-travis also lol

atrus50 fucked around with this message at 01:21 on Jun 6, 2013

Neo_Reloaded
Feb 27, 2004
Something from Nothing

lelandjs posted:

What version? I have the US CD and there's no pregap track (before track 1, right?)

Drake Bate
Nov 2, 2011
I went back and listened to Watch the Throne today.

Barre a couple of tracks (cough Lift Off cough), it's a lot better than I remember. The production, as always, bangs, and the rhymes are far less braggadocios and more cohesive than I recalled. I don't remember why I'd grouped it together with Cruel Summer...

Drake Bate
Nov 2, 2011
a mbdtf-era unreleased song. if i had to guess, I'd say it was for Good-rear end Job, and didn't fit with the asethetic of the finished album.

http://dopedrops.com/2013/06/kanye-west-mamas-boyfriend-unreleased/

illcendiary
Dec 4, 2005

Damn, this is good coffee.

Drake Bate posted:

a mbdtf-era unreleased song. if i had to guess, I'd say it was for Good-rear end Job, and didn't fit with the asethetic of the finished album.

http://dopedrops.com/2013/06/kanye-west-mamas-boyfriend-unreleased/

He released Mama's Boyfriend a loooong while back, though.

Drake Bate
Nov 2, 2011

illcendiary posted:

He released Mama's Boyfriend a loooong while back, though.

wasn't that just an acapella cut onto a fan beat?

illcendiary
Dec 4, 2005

Damn, this is good coffee.

Drake Bate posted:

wasn't that just an acapella cut onto a fan beat?

Oh wow, you're right. This version is different; sorry, jumped the gun there (I'm at work and didn't want to listen if not necessary). I had no idea that version from way back was a fan made beat.

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
Watch the Throne is great :colbert: but the second half does kinda drop off though not nearly as badly as Cruel Summer.

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

The answer is, mate, because I want to do you slowly. There has to be a bit of sport in this for all of us. In the psychological battle stakes, we are stripped down and ready to go. I want to see those ashen-faced performances; I want more of them. I want to be encouraged. I want to see you squirm.

Wait really? The guys from Daft Punk did this track?

atrus50
Dec 24, 2008

webmeister posted:

Wait really? The guys from Daft Punk did this track?

The rumor is that they just programmed the drums (and maybe the "work" Adlib)

Good Will Hrunting
Oct 8, 2012

I changed my mind.
I'm not sorry.
I've always loved WTT's production but the lyrics have actually grown on me since I heard it first. By no means do I love it, but there are some pretty great tracks on there.

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
This is only tangentially related to Kanye but !llmind, producer of "The Morning" off Cruel Summer, had created a bunch of other beats with West/GOOD Music in mind that he hoped would be used. I guess none ended up being picked so !llmind released them all on his Soundcloud today.

https://soundcloud.com/illmind (all the numbered tracks, 01-08, are from this collection. Pretty good if you're into hiphop instrumentals.

timeandtide
Nov 29, 2007

This space is reserved for future considerations.
Watch the Throne is good, but needs some fat trimmed. I'm thinking just keep it to this:

Otis
Niggas in Paris
No Church in the Wild
Murder to Excellence
Made in America

It would make an excellent EP.

Scorched Spitz
Dec 12, 2011
I'd swap out "Made in America" with "New Day" and "The Joy".

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
Primetime owns a whole lot, as does Gotta Have It.

Edit: That's My Bitch and Why I Love You are also both awesome. All four of these tracks are better than any of the five on your fantasy EP.

NeuroticErotica
Sep 9, 2003

Perform sex? Uh uh, I don't think I'm up to a performance, but I'll rehearse with you...

Gotta Have It is the best track on WTT (also Illest Motherfucker Alive and HAM)

The Rooster
Jul 25, 2004

If you've got white people problems I feel bad for you son
I've got 99 problems but being socially privileged ain't one

timeandtide posted:

Watch the Throne is good, but needs some fat trimmed. I'm thinking just keep it to this:

Otis
Niggas in Paris
No Church in the Wild
Murder to Excellence
Made in America

It would make an excellent EP.

My favorite track off of Watch the Throne is Why I Love you, Jay just shiiiiiits on Beanie Sigel.

Blast Fantasto
Sep 18, 2007

USAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
Yeah, Why I Love You is good.

But Gotta Have It is perfect, maybe my favorite track on that album. It just completely nails the rapid-fire verses they were going for.

I also like Who Gon Stop me as a red-eyes party jam.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

WTT could have just been Niggas in Paris on a one hour loop and I'd be cool with that

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Quantum of Phallus posted:

WTT could have just been Niggas in Paris on a one hour loop and I'd be cool with that

Well when they played live, they'd play it like 8 times in a row, so that's basically what it was.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Not An Irish Monk
May 1, 2009
A sequel to WTT would be really interesting because the original had a very dark undertone but the beats still banged real hard.

• Locked thread