Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

Well Punk would fall into the former winners category.

I figured I'd leave him out since he's technically still "inactive" but then they announced the match for the next PPV so that put me in a pickle (even if it turns out he won't wrestle on it!).

Wrestlers who haven't won in the past will definitely still be in it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
Are people like Rock, Triple H, Brock Lesnar, and Undertaker going to be in it? Is Kenta Kobashi going to be?

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

No, Maybe, Yes, Maybe, No.

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Ten Count: Why don't we have more evil twin storylines in pro wrestling, and if you had to introduce the evil twin of a current wrestler, whose evil twin would it be?

schweens
Jan 14, 2011

kakarot ain't got shit on me

UltimoDragonQuest posted:

Ideas for the Chris Benoit Memorial Invitational Tournament in order of preference.

Punk gets a pass to the final 4.
Punk is in like anyone else.
Cut it down to Punk, Bryan, Tanahashi, and Dolph to save everyone's time.
No former winners included.

I think Okada could give Dolph and Tanahashi decent competition.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

10 Count: If Triple H had never gotten together with Stephanie McMahon, would the main event scene from 2000 to 2008 have been substantially different? If so, who do you think would have been more prominently pushed?

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

New Steve Austin Show has him ranting for about 5 minutes about how he nearly cracked his head in the shower and now he's discussing shower safety with the producer.

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values
At this point I consider it a big positive that Dave and Bryan can't be in the same location often, because I think Dave would have murdered Bryan for his MMA views by now if given the chance.

You're arguing against booking that works!

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Tato posted:

At this point I consider it a big positive that Dave and Bryan can't be in the same location often, because I think Dave would have murdered Bryan for his MMA views by now if given the chance.

Between that and Dave being unable to understand that Bryan's WWE booking comments are based on expected fan response and not the WWE's desired response, I'm sure one of them would be maimed by now

Strenuous Manflurry
Sep 5, 2006

THE END

Tato posted:

I reupped to the Observer after I heard how fantastic Dave's Kobashi writeup was (very!), and in listening to Observer Radio I think Bryan has actively gotten worse - far, far worse - at corralling Dave than he was a year ago.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

njsykora posted:

New Steve Austin Show has him ranting for about 5 minutes about how he nearly cracked his head in the shower and now he's discussing shower safety with the producer.

Wait till he talks about buying tampons.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Strenuous Manflurry posted:

I reupped to the Observer after I heard how fantastic Dave's Kobashi writeup was (very!), and in listening to Observer Radio I think Bryan has actively gotten worse - far, far worse - at corralling Dave than he was a year ago.

Which is such a good thing.

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer
Got suckered into downloading a show with Todd because his name wasn't in the first two lines of the iTunes description. :smith:

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
Last week's episode had technical issues.
This week's episode didn't.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

I Before E posted:

Ten Count: Why don't we have more evil twin storylines in pro wrestling, and if you had to introduce the evil twin of a current wrestler, whose evil twin would it be?

Mark Henry, the world's happiest champ.

Raeg
Jul 7, 2008

The top 1% of ducks have control of 99.9% of the bread.
Ten Count: Given this shocking image revealed at the Chikara iPPV:

What do you think Senator Amy Klobuchar's evil plot for Chikara entails? Is Al Franken linked to the conspiracy too?

Perigryn
Oct 22, 2010

TaJaaaaadoruuuuu

Raeg posted:

Ten Count: Given this shocking image revealed at the Chikara iPPV:

What do you think Senator Amy Klobuchar's evil plot for Chikara entails? Is Al Franken linked to the conspiracy too?
I have a feeling Triple H is involved...

On a lighter note, Dave was wondering why WWE couldn't have had the Bret tribute on Raw while Angle's Hall of Fame thing was on the ppv. When Brian tried to explain this was to promote the app, Dave went off on this rant and sounded OFFENDED at the suggestion that he'd use the app to watch Sheamus and Orton watch a match.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

The OSWReview guys have just confirmed their next episode, Summerslam '92 will hopefully be out next week, on the 11th.

Karmine
Oct 23, 2003

If you tremble with indignation at every injustice, then you are a comrade of mine.

Perigryn posted:

On a lighter note, Dave was wondering why WWE couldn't have had the Bret tribute on Raw while Angle's Hall of Fame thing was on the ppv. When Brian tried to explain this was to promote the app, Dave went off on this rant and sounded OFFENDED at the suggestion that he'd use the app to watch Sheamus and Orton watch a match.

That whole rant was a thing of beauty.

E: as was the the conversation about the Brooke Hogan swerve that never happened.

Karmine fucked around with this message at 00:53 on Jun 4, 2013

The Goog
Aug 6, 2007

It's a Goog Day, yes it is!
For once, the Ten Count comes out before dawn!

Topics: 1. Daniel Bryan is the best
2. The "Chikariot"
3. What does "chemistry" mean to you, and who has really good chemistry?
4. WRESTLER OF THE WEEK: Chyna
5. What wrestler would you like to hang out with, and why?
6. Should there be a weekly "the awful thing that TNA did" segment?
7. Why did some of the most successful gimmicks in wrestling succeed?
8. If WCW didn't screw up Sting/Hogan, what would have been the next logical step?
9. You can wrestle one match, and only one. Choose your promotion and opponent.
10. FEUD OF THE WEEK: Hornswoggle vs. Chavo Guerrero

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you
Started listening to Stone Cold's podcast, it's fun. Does the audio quality improve though? I'm listening to Austin interview HBK and it sounds awful.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

triplexpac posted:

Started listening to Stone Cold's podcast, it's fun. Does the audio quality improve though? I'm listening to Austin interview HBK and it sounds awful.

It was good during the Nash interview, it's no worse that you get from F4W.

Raeg
Jul 7, 2008

The top 1% of ducks have control of 99.9% of the bread.
I think Goog's bewildered reaction to all things Chikara was a lovely part of this weeks 10 Count. I was cracking up as the rabbit hole continued to get deeper.

Good Listener
Sep 2, 2006

Ask me about moons
Fact #1 The Moon is really cool
What file format is the PSPodcast in now? I've realized it no longer loads onto my mp3 player like it used to.

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

Good Listener posted:

What file format is the PSPodcast in now? I've realized it no longer loads onto my mp3 player like it used to.
It should be fine if you rename it to .mp3
The Tindeck download will show up without an extension sometimes.

MRTNA rants should be a weekly feature.

Good Listener
Sep 2, 2006

Ask me about moons
Fact #1 The Moon is really cool

UltimoDragonQuest posted:

It should be fine if you rename it to .mp3
The Tindeck download will show up without an extension sometimes.

MRTNA rants should be a weekly feature.

Oop well look at that! Thanks pal~

Karmine
Oct 23, 2003

If you tremble with indignation at every injustice, then you are a comrade of mine.
I would like to take this opportunity to thank MassRafTer/@mongo_ebooks for expressing umbrage at Goog's use of the word "fan" because I felt the very same umbrage when he (implicitly) called me that.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Karmine posted:

I would like to take this opportunity to thank MassRafTer/@mongo_ebooks for expressing umbrage at Goog's use of the word "fan" because I felt the very same umbrage when he (implicitly) called me that.

Thank you for using my proper title, friend.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

I, for one, am a fan. When will the Mike Quackenbush Has A Micropenis t-shirts be available for pre-order?

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you
Just finished listening to Stone Cold interview Lance Storm. Pretty disappointed they didn't touch on the "Lance Storm is boring" angle at all, but I guess they didn't want to bury Vince.

It was pretty funny when they were talking about WWE not having any veteran stars, it sounded like Austin was just about to say it was WWE's fault before he cut himself off, and just said that it "definitely isn't the fault of the people in the ring"

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

That was a great interview incidentally, nothing you won't already know if you listen to Lance all the time on F4W but it's worth it just to hear Austin enthusing about how drat good Daniel Bryan is. Also Austin is aware of ROH, which kinda blew my mind.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

oatgan posted:

I, for one, am a fan. When will the Mike Quackenbush Has A Micropenis t-shirts be available for pre-order?

Why would you want a shirt with something you can barely see on it?

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

triplexpac posted:

Just finished listening to Stone Cold interview Lance Storm. Pretty disappointed they didn't touch on the "Lance Storm is boring" angle at all, but I guess they didn't want to bury Vince.

It was pretty funny when they were talking about WWE not having any veteran stars, it sounded like Austin was just about to say it was WWE's fault before he cut himself off, and just said that it "definitely isn't the fault of the people in the ring"

Storm went into detail about that angle with Alvarez last week. He blamed lovely commentary.

Strenuous Manflurry
Sep 5, 2006

THE END

njsykora posted:

That was a great interview incidentally, nothing you won't already know if you listen to Lance all the time on F4W but it's worth it just to hear Austin enthusing about how drat good Daniel Bryan is. Also Austin is aware of ROH, which kinda blew my mind.

Paul Lazenby, the stuntman/1-6 former MMA fighter that Austin accidentally busted up the nose of when filming "Damage", said he lent Austin a bunch of ROH DVDs, but then Austin never gave them back and he was all :cry: about it.

Perigryn
Oct 22, 2010

TaJaaaaadoruuuuu

Strenuous Manflurry posted:

Paul Lazenby, the stuntman/1-6 former MMA fighter that Austin accidentally busted up the nose of when filming "Damage", said he lent Austin a bunch of ROH DVDs, but then Austin never gave them back and he was all :cry: about it.
Shoulda know better than to trust a rattlesnake.

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

I'm just a sick guy, I'm really just a dirty guy.

oatgan posted:

Available for preorder:

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Needs a question mark.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

The Quack Is Here*

*10x optical zoom

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

How big do you make those I need at least a 5X

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
I can have some matching trash bag pants made.

• Locked thread