Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Krinkle
Feb 9, 2003

Ah do believe Ah've got the vapors...
Ah mean the farts

I didn't even know you could choose to NOT have a delusion in Chaos;Head. I was picking straight green until I got to about where Cake Attack is, then I went straight no delusion (after loading to see the delusions on either side) because green was usually worse than red at that point in my subjective opinion. I'd rather the main character attempt suicide a few dozen times than watch everyone around him get raped

That third locked ending was great. I mean hosed but I can't say that outside the spoiler. I was told ignorance is never preferable to the truth but hollllly poo poo the price you pay for the truth! Ignorance is totally unequivocally and objectively better than that truth. Jesus.

Krinkle fucked around with this message at 02:03 on Jun 4, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sinner Sandwich
Oct 13, 2012

ViggyNash posted:

Also playing Chaos;Head and I'm picking all of the green delusions for this preliminary read-through.

And I've noticed an unfortunate pattern. The green delusions are all Taku's "best case scenario" delusions where all bitches want his dick, isn't it? That's what they've been for the most part so far. From that assumption, I'm guessing that the red delusions are "worst case scenario" delusions where poo poo just goes wrong and he gets mutilated by said bitches in some way.
I think the difference between the green and red delusions are mania vs paranoia. You're right that the green ones tend to be sexual in nature, but that's probably a side effect of things going well for him. The red ones tend to be his paranoia cranking up to eleven. So yeah, you're more or less right.

Krinkle posted:

That third locked ending was great. I mean hosed but I can't say that outside the spoiler. I was told ignorance is never preferable to the truth but hollllly poo poo the price you pay for the truth! Ignorance is totally unequivocally and objectively better than that truth. Jesus.
Been a while, which ending are we talking about?

Krinkle
Feb 9, 2003

Ah mean the farts

That ending of Chaos;head, which is locked until you beat the game, and then hidden until you trip 10 flags exactly perfectly, is the one where You find out who did all the murders and how, because the killer makes you experience the rear end-end of them one after another until your soul is dead. They harvest your CODE. They activate the full power of NOAH II and now own the world. They kick your shell of a living corpse out of the facility and you lie face up in the wasteland of shibuya without even the strength to blink. Then your best friend comes and mercy kills you because there's just no hope for the world and especially not for you. If you had the ability to thank her you would. The ending is from her perspective though because you cannot have thoughts anymore. You evaporate into nothingness and she cries and game over. No cell phone call during the credits to fix things, no nothing.

Sinner Sandwich
Oct 13, 2012

Krinkle posted:

That ending of Chaos;head, which is locked until you beat the game, and then hidden until you trip 10 flags exactly perfectly, is the one where You find out who did all the murders and how, because the killer makes you experience the rear end-end of them one after another until your soul is dead. They harvest your CODE. They activate the full power of NOAH II and now own the world. They kick your shell of a living corpse out of the facility and you lie face up in the wasteland of shibuya without even the strength to blink. Then your best friend comes and mercy kills you because there's just no hope for the world and especially not for you. If you had the ability to thank her you would. The ending is from her perspective though because you cannot have thoughts anymore. You evaporate into nothingness and she cries and game over. No cell phone call during the credits to fix things, no nothing.

Wow, that's uh... that's pretty brutal. I'm happy that you have to get the more optimistic end first, then, otherwise I -and I presume eeryone else- would be pretty :smith: by the end of that

Cynic Jester
Apr 11, 2009

Let's put a simile on that face
A dazzling simile
Twinkling like the night sky
So I just played through Utawarerumono(Which spellcheck insists should be Mouthwatering :wtc:) and half way through I realized I saw the anime way back when. But drat if they didn't massacre the ending in the anime. So much information that they just flat out ignored. I guess I need to go back and play through more VNs I've watched adaptations of.

Also, the combat system in the PC version is hilariously simple. It costs x Points to raise a stat, and it varies per character, but attack is the only stat that actually matters. It dictates damage, spell damage and healing, so all your characters want maximum attack. The game is seemingly balanced around people spreading points evenly into all three stats, so while enemies do a bit more damage to you, you do stupid amounts of damage back. It's sort of hilarious when end-game bosses die to 3 attacks, without getting one off themselves. After playing Kamidori I was hoping for something more involved, but no.

Are there any other VN like games with gameplay? I'm open to most things, provided it's not offensively bad, either in the game department or the VN department(Sengoku rance :suicide:).

Davzz
Jul 31, 2008

Cynic Jester posted:

Are there any other VN like games with gameplay? I'm open to most things, provided it's not offensively bad, either in the game department or the VN department(Sengoku rance :suicide:).

For some reason, it seems like "good gameplay" and "content that makes people freak out about" seem to be on a sliding scale: More of one, less of the other.

So that being said, I've tried to use vndb to try to get some games that I think are tame. Then again, I'm pretty desensitized, so my scale of comparison is probably off.

Shikkoku no Sharnoth - Has some kind of board game-ish running/stealth gameplay. I really hated it to the point of downloading a save file to skip them, but some people like it. Almost no sexual content and the ones that are there are written in the most ridiculously artsy style ever.

Galaxy Angel series - I think this is some kind of Sakura Wars-like game with RTS gameplay. No adult content.

Eien no Aselia - Grand Scale Strategy RPG. Pretty darn complex and kind of interesting IMO but on the other hand, it's also ridiculously slow paced to the point that doing repeated playthroughs is dead boring. No Adult Content.

Symphonic Rain - VN with a music rhythm game. I always skip them though, plus the only good routes are the two true routes that open after you complete the 3 "starting" routes, which I think are ultra-boring. No Adult content.

Duel Savior/Xross Scramble - Like a cross between a Tales combat system and Smash Brothers beat em up. Out of all the games, this one I'm really iffy about because the protagonist comes from an era where they're expected to be super casual perverts, but there is an option to choose the "censored" PS2 port of the game instead of the original version.

That's all I can think of.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Davzz posted:

Galaxy Angel series - I think this is some kind of Sakura Wars-like game with RTS gameplay. No adult content.

Yeah, that's about right. The gameplay is solid (and challenging at times), the story is generally lighthearted and the characters are nice. It spawned a few anime series that was basically just "Angel Brigade does wacky poo poo all day long" but they were a fun watch also.

Cynic Jester
Apr 11, 2009

Let's put a simile on that face
A dazzling simile
Twinkling like the night sky

Davzz posted:

For some reason, it seems like "good gameplay" and "content that makes people freak out about" seem to be on a sliding scale: More of one, less of the other.

So that being said, I've tried to use vndb to try to get some games that I think are tame. Then again, I'm pretty desensitized, so my scale of comparison is probably off.

Thanks for the suggestions.

And to clarify, I don't mind adult content, but when it is clearly the focus of the game, I look elsewhere.

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

Beat Chaos;Head last night. It was alright? I don't exactly regret reading it, but it wasn't especially good either. I thought it was pretty disappointing how under-explained the motives of two of the villains (Suwa and Hikari) were, and although the idea of making delusions into reality was fine, Di-Swords were kinda corny. Also there was just way too much text that was just kinda confusing and pretentious. I'd be willing to blame that on the translation though. Also I don't think I actually liked any of the cast, except Takumi, and I didn't really like him, I just found it entertaining how pathetic he is.

Despite my complains, it was still a fairly gripping read, but not really much more. I might have liked it more if I had known about the red triggers earlier.

I am pretty impressed they managed to from Chaos;Head to Steins;Gate though, that's a pretty marked improvement.

Krinkle
Feb 9, 2003

Ah mean the farts

Cake Attack posted:

Beat Chaos;Head last night. It was alright? I don't exactly regret reading it, but it wasn't especially good either. I thought it was pretty disappointing how under-explained the motives of two of the villains (Suwa and Hikari) were, and although the idea of making delusions into reality was fine, Di-Swords were kinda corny. Also there was just way too much text that was just kinda confusing and pretentious. I'd be willing to blame that on the translation though. Also I don't think I actually liked any of the cast, except Takumi, and I didn't really like him, I just found it entertaining how pathetic he is.

Despite my complains, it was still a fairly gripping read, but not really much more. I might have liked it more if I had known about the red triggers earlier.

I am pretty impressed they managed to from Chaos;Head to Steins;Gate though, that's a pretty marked improvement.

If you beat it again with a walkthrough it'll explain those motivations much clearer. I guess.

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

Krinkle posted:

If you beat it again with a walkthrough it'll explain those motivations much clearer. I guess.

Oh, that'll learn me not to complain when I still haven't technically finished the game.

Would you actually mind spoiling what their motivations are for me? Truth be told, I don't really care enough to run through the game again, paying off enough attention to the triggers to hit all the flags.

Also, another question: I'm playing Steins;Gate, and I'm getting a glitch where my mouse basically goes out of control whenever I'm in a menu. It's kind of a pain. Has anybody else seen this? A quick google search didn't get me anything.

Krinkle
Feb 9, 2003

Ah mean the farts

Sure you see in Chaos;Head it turns out that The Cop and the Nurse were both raised in that church of light and whatever that the one girl who hates you and eats popsicles asked you if you were a member of that one time (and heavily implying she'd have killed you if you said yes). That church is a subsidiary of NOZUMI which owns the orphanage or mental hospital or whatever, and also the gerofroggy company. Anyway they grew up together, are in love, are brainwashed, and they murdered all those people together. They made the baby that was used in the pregnant man case. They were the operatives that were placed into the hospital and the police force to gently caress up investigations (this amounts to coughing loudly every time detective not-dick-gumshoe tries to point out something useful in the meetings, I guess. Way to go, mole!) and make sure that people with mental problems get flagged, abducted, and tortured until they grow delusional powers and can be harvested to power the machine. And also they liked to kill people. They made out with tongues and poo poo while pregnant man was scratching at his nasty guts. They're like bonnie and clyde if they were in the church of Scientology.

Sorry I kind of was reading through it faster than I should trying to make the ten straight minutes of guro stop so I might have missed some nuanced detail.

You can look at my other posts on this page and the one before if you want to know what the 2nd ending entails without playing it for yourself.

ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012
About Cynic Jester's question earlier... I'm surprised no one mentioned the Zero Escape series. Does that not count for whatever reason? (I'm new to VNs and this thread, that's why I ask).

I haven't played the first game (Zero Escape: 999) but I've heard great things about it. I don't know exactly how its gameplay works, but I'm assuming it works much the same as its fantastic sequel Zero Escape: Virtue's Last Reward.

The way the game works is that there are novel sections that are separated by various choices, and occasionally there is an escape-the-room scenario that has you looking around for clues and objects in order to activate one thing, open another, and eventually find a code that opens a box that contains a key to the exit and various items important to the story. A second code gets you a secret file from the same box.

The escape scenarios by themselves are all brilliant in their design and always related to the room in question. But probably the single most fascinating aspect of the game is that going back to previous decisions is an integral part of both the game and the story. It honestly has one of the most fascinating story designs I've ever seen. The characters all feel like real individual people and their stories are all fantastic. Everything just works. Also they put quite a lot of thought into the various sciency aspects of the game, even things that didn't directly pertain to the storyline.

However, this game only exists on the Vita and 3DS, so you'll either have to get one or watch an elusive playthrough of it (I found well done off-screen one without the uploader speaking over it, it was really good despite being off-screen).

Stall_19
Jan 2, 2013

Prodigy of Victor von Doom
What's with this sudden Chaos;Head popularity? I've been playing it for the last week as well. I'm on chapter 6 out of ?? The protagonist constant freakouts can get a little grating but I'm trucking along.

see you tomorrow
Jun 27, 2009

ViggyNash posted:

About Cynic Jester's question earlier... I'm surprised no one mentioned the Zero Escape series. Does that not count for whatever reason? (I'm new to VNs and this thread, that's why I ask).

I haven't played the first game (Zero Escape: 999) but I've heard great things about it. I don't know exactly how its gameplay works, but I'm assuming it works much the same as its fantastic sequel Zero Escape: Virtue's Last Reward.

The way the game works is that there are novel sections that are separated by various choices, and occasionally there is an escape-the-room scenario that has you looking around for clues and objects in order to activate one thing, open another, and eventually find a code that opens a box that contains a key to the exit and various items important to the story. A second code gets you a secret file from the same box.

The escape scenarios by themselves are all brilliant in their design and always related to the room in question. But probably the single most fascinating aspect of the game is that going back to previous decisions is an integral part of both the game and the story. It honestly has one of the most fascinating story designs I've ever seen. The characters all feel like real individual people and their stories are all fantastic. Everything just works. Also they put quite a lot of thought into the various sciency aspects of the game, even things that didn't directly pertain to the storyline.

However, this game only exists on the Vita and 3DS, so you'll either have to get one or watch an elusive playthrough of it (I found well done off-screen one without the uploader speaking over it, it was really good despite being off-screen).

They count for this thread, but like the Ace Attorney games the Zero Escape games have their own dedicated thread(s?) in Games so most people just talk about them there.

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

Stall_19 posted:

What's with this sudden Chaos;Head popularity? I've been playing it for the last week as well. I'm on chapter 6 out of ?? The protagonist constant freakouts can get a little grating but I'm trucking along.

I think it's more of a snowball effect. Someone starts posting about Chaos;Head, which is basically the trigger for someone else to finally get it over with and play it. That's why I started.

Similarly, once one person starts posting, other people who are playing the game are going to post too, because discussion is fun.

Cheers. I had gathered the gist of that, but some slightly more specific details is nice. I can't help but be somewhat disappointed with brainwashed from birth as a motivation, but it's better then nothing.

ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012

Stall_19 posted:

I started playing because I'd finished Robotics;Notes (the anime) about a month ago and was interested in the connections between the 3 (Chaos;Head, Steins;Gate, Robotics;Notes). I'd already watched Steins;Gate, but I heard the VN was good enough to overshadow an already fantastic anime so I played that. And now I'm playing Chaos;Head.

Side note about Chaos;Head, I just ran into this gem of a line: "Count Darth Spider, the archetypal villain who appeared in the movie 'Spark Wars.'"

I just can't deal with it.

Krinkle
Feb 9, 2003

Ah mean the farts

ViggyNash posted:

I started playing because I'd finished Robotics;Notes (the anime) about a month ago and was interested in the connections between the 3 (Chaos;Head, Steins;Gate, Robotics;Notes). I'd already watched Steins;Gate, but I heard the VN was good enough to overshadow an already fantastic anime so I played that. And now I'm playing Chaos;Head.

Side note about Chaos;Head, I just ran into this gem of a line: "Count Darth Spider, the archetypal villain who appeared in the movie 'Spark Wars.'"

I just can't deal with it.

Haha okay I remembered something else from the spoilerific ending. Viggy don't read this, this isn't for you. Those last three thugs were pulled apart by a literal rancor, from star wars. "I really like spark wars", the cop explains, as he makes the imaginary rancor tear the thugs in half.

Stall_19
Jan 2, 2013

Cake Attack posted:

I think it's more of a snowball effect. Someone starts posting about Chaos;Head, which is basically the trigger for someone else to finally get it over with and play it. That's why I started.

It's an amusing coincidence. I didn't even know people were posting about Chaos;Head on here when I started playing. Once I finished Higurashi I planned on going Kira Kira-Chaos;Head-Steins;Gates-Uminenko. Slight adjustment to that plan because I'm concurrency playing the Kira Kira fandisk as well and I'm sure there will be another adjustment when the Grisaia patch is released(possibly sometime this month).

Not much to say about Chaos;Head at the moment other than it's nice to have a fully voiced protagonist. Certainly one of the more unique ones as well.

Edit: "Da,Darth Spider.....?" Nearly fell out of my chair laughing!

Stall_19 fucked around with this message at 06:25 on Jun 5, 2013

ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012

Stall_19 posted:

Not much to say about Chaos;Head at the moment other than it's nice to have a fully voiced protagonist.

Is that not very common?

On another note, the difference between Chaos;Head and its successors Steins;Gate and Robotics;Notes is quite apparent. Chaos;Head takes the wacky science aspect to the point of being purely magical while the other 2 have much more theoretically and realistically grounded wacky science aspects.

Also, the New-Gen killer reveal was really loving silly. Maybe there's more behind it since I haven't finished the game yet or seen alternate versions of events (i mean alternate delusions), but I really didn't like that reveal. It didn't really give a reason as to why said person began cruelly murdering people other than having an exceptional case of batshit insanity and some connection with Nozumo (may have spelled that wrong). I really hope that's not all there is to it.

e: Just finished one playthrough. It was an interesting story but it never really hit that peak for me. It just feels incomplete. Maybe that feeling will be sated by seeing the other ending/content I missed, but it is still only a decent story.

e2: Played the alternate initial ending. I think this should have been the only ending because the standard ending is just dumb. It's like a sensible version of the normal ending. Both Rimi and otaku Takumi understand that killing otaku Takumi will only prolong real Takumi's life for a few days, maybe a week. They could have come up with something better than that.

ViggyNash fucked around with this message at 20:49 on Jun 5, 2013

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

ViggyNash posted:

Is that not very common?

Nope! It's growing a little less common nowadays but the vast majority of VNs have unvoiced protagonists. Which sucks because there's quite a few VNs that could have benefited from having the MC voiced

(Majikoi comes to mind, especially since his VA in the anime was Shinji in f/sn)

Stall_19
Jan 2, 2013

ViggyNash posted:

Is that not very common?

Other than Fate/Stay Night this is only the second VN that I've played that has the protagonist voiced throughout. Glad to hear that's becoming less common nowadays.

Krinkle
Feb 9, 2003

Ah mean the farts

Muv Luv only had the protagonist voiced in his own flashbacks. Steins;gate and Chaos;head had crazy protagonists where their voice acting contributed excellently to supporting their characterizations. F/SN and....???? Yeah it's rare as heck.

Oh and Umineko also, the ps3 patches at least.

The idea behind a protagonist in these games is usually to be an unassuming dipshit that you can overwrite with your personality by making all his decisions for him. He's you. Usually he's only voiced if the character is specifically not-you. Like the Steins;gate guy. He's his own guy. You're watching his story. Go ahead and empathize with him, but he's not "you".

Krinkle fucked around with this message at 22:14 on Jun 5, 2013

Pornographic Memory
Dec 17, 2008
Probably a cost-cutting thing, too. As the view point character (well, for the vast majority of the time) he's going to be in just about every scene in every route, so it's pretty convenient that you can just not have this major, ever-present character not voiced. Then nobody really minds since most people will just think of the above mentioned reason and be like "oh well, guess that makes sense" and accept it.

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

Krinkle posted:

The idea behind a protagonist in these games is usually to be an unassuming dipshit that you can overwrite with your personality by making all his decisions for him. He's you. Usually he's only voiced if the character is specifically not-you. Like the Steins;gate guy. He's his own guy. You're watching his story. Go ahead and empathize with him, but he's not "you".

Ever 17 was pretty funny about this because there are two different view point characters, when you're "playing" as one he isn't voiced and the one you're not is.

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

Oh I see! This must be the Bad Opinion Zone!

Dr Pepper posted:

Ever 17 was pretty funny about this because there are two different view point characters, when you're "playing" as one he isn't voiced and the one you're not is.

Ever17 was also trying to be very clever, of course...

ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012
Finally finished all of Chaos;Head and I am disappointed. At least they redeemed themselves with Steins;Gate and (from what I've seen of the anime) Robotics;Notes.

The standard ending felt not only pointless, but also a bit contradictory. If killing otaku Takumi was only going to save real Takumi for a week at most, what's the point? The alternate first ending was just a not contradictory version of the first ending. The final ending where Takumi lives through all of the murders, gets milked by Noah I, and finally killed by Rimi the same way as in the standard ending (seen from her perspective) was in my mind beyond pointless. I went through the entire game again, this time specifically triggering all of the "Whose eyes are those eyes?" choices, just to see a negligibly more meaningful version of exactly the same event. It almost makes me regret playing this.

If there's some major thing that I'm missing that would explain these endings to me can someone explain it?

planetarial
Oct 19, 2012
If you want, here's a list of all the VNs with the protagonist being partially or fully voiced. Another odd case is Rewrite, where the protagonist is fully voiced for the prologue, a little bit at the beginning of Moon and the entirety of Terra but that's it. Is it the standard for KEY to have protags only voiced for true routes or something? Could have at least had him voiced for all of Moon. Sometimes rereleases go back and add more voice acting, such as the protag of Muv Luv in the all ages one has him speaking outside of flashbacks and that one scene from Unlimited.

Krinkle
Feb 9, 2003

Ah mean the farts

ViggyNash posted:

Finally finished all of Chaos;Head and I am disappointed. At least they redeemed themselves with Steins;Gate and (from what I've seen of the anime) Robotics;Notes.

If there's some major thing that I'm missing that would explain these endings to me can someone explain it?

No the endings bummed me out too. I got nothing for you. It was an interesting ride, though. I don't regret it but haha, goddamn, that final ending... I've never had to work that hard to get kicked in the balls.

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

Chaos;Head is just kinda flawed.

Anyway, I asked before but nobody answered, so I'll throw it out there again:

Does anybody have any idea why the controls in Steins;Gate would be completely bugged? Basically anytime I can use my mouse to browse, it starts scrolling through the options at max speed. I can barely use the phone, I can't use the backlog, the @channel logs are a pain to read, and I can't overwrite saves, so I have no idea what I'll do once I go through all the blanks on page 1.

Krinkle
Feb 9, 2003

Ah mean the farts

Can't you play with the keyboard? Do you have some kind of mouse accelerator going nuts or something?

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

Krinkle posted:

Can't you play with the keyboard? Do you have some kind of mouse accelerator going nuts or something?

Nope. I can even turn off the trackpad (I'm on my laptop), and the cursor instantly moves to the phone when I open it, and proceeds to go nuts.

Krinkle
Feb 9, 2003

Ah mean the farts

Does it have one of those areas where the far right is a scroll area? Does it do that thing where if you plug in a real mouse you can set windows to automatically disable the touchpad? I would try that if you can.

In other news I just got 999-2, 999 harder in the mail today and I really want to know what accent this rabbit has. I've never heard an anime slur it's words like this before. Well slur isn't the right word but it's taking serious liberties.

FZeroRacer
Apr 8, 2009
Continued another hour or so of Ever17. Hopefully I can put more serious time into it once finals are over.

Did not expect the water to burst open like that so soon :stare: I'd be pretty terrified if I was there. Anywho, the reason behind the place flooding seems like a pretty big design flaw. I'm placing all of my chips on Sora being an android from how she acts. Maybe Tsugumi too, since the mysterious person seems to be pretty strong. Also thinking Kid is the villain judging from the huge Amnesia blurb with a side mention of criminal activities, plus I have no clue what else to expect from him right now.

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

Oh I see! This must be the Bad Opinion Zone!
Save The Date hasn't been mentioned, has it?

It's a free download from:

http://paperdino.com/games/save-the-date/

The Author posted:

It’s a perfectly normal evening, and you have a quiet dinner planned with one of your friends.

And so begins one of my weirder games. Save the Date is a game about a lot of things. Friendship. Stories. Hope. Destiny. And above all else, dinner.

This is actually kind of hard. I know what I think the game is about, but the game is kind of weird and experimental, even by my standards, and I don’t really want to say too much in advance. Probably best for people to play it without knowing what they’re getting into.

It is really clever, and like the creator says, try not be spoiled! Takes about an hour to play.

Davzz
Jul 31, 2008
As far as the "protagonist voice" thing goes, isn't the pool of male VAs rather small, especially for VNs with sex scenes?

I know Hikaru Midorikawa and Norio Wakamoto are willing to show up a lot, but they almost always play the villain (and Midorikawa has like no range IMO so they really can't use him that often for protagonists).

Outer Science
Dec 21, 2008

Daisangen
Just go the Little Busters route, and have the protagonist and main heroine voiced by the same person! :v:

Somehow I got used to that.

Einander
Sep 14, 2008

"Yeh've forged a magnificent sword."

"This one's only practice. The real sword I intend to forge will be three times longer."

"Can there really be a sword as monstrous as that in this world?"

"Yes. I can see that sword... Somewhere out there..."
Save The Date is pretty excellent. You should all play it.

jonjonaug
Mar 26, 2010

by Lowtax

Davzz posted:

As far as the "protagonist voice" thing goes, isn't the pool of male VAs rather small, especially for VNs with sex scenes?

It's actually bigger than you might think it is. There are loads of BL games with voices, for example. Jun Fukuyama, Tomokazu Sugita, and Katsuyuki Konishi are also some examples of male VAs who'll appear in porn games (these guys all appear in Togainu no Chi and Majikoi, for instance).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Krinkle
Feb 9, 2003

Ah mean the farts

Tomokazu sugita did porn games? No. Nooooooooo. Which ones. Don't tell me. Link me no don't I don't know what I'm saying :(

• Locked thread