Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Vincent Valentine
Feb 28, 2006

Murdertime

Stupid people are how you get easy draft rewards though. You can't hate that.

(It's me, i'm the one who always loses drafts)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"

BenRGamer posted:

I tried to argue with a bunch of stupid people in the chat about that flyer showcased in the last match that it wasn't overpowered because you could always play cards after attacking.

I kinda hate stupid people.

Which side of that argument were you on? The card clearly states that if you attacked, you can't play cards.

I actually think that card is pushing the upper limits of power level. It's only 1 Diamond Threshold, it's a 3/4 flyer for 5, which is really solid and it makes your opponent's life really really awkward.

jsr v2.0
Jun 26, 2004
japanese seisure robots

BenRGamer posted:

I tried to argue with a bunch of stupid people in the chat about that flyer showcased in the last match that it wasn't overpowered because you could always play cards after attacking.

I thought the card had a second ability.

1) If you cast a spell, you can't attack.
2) If you attack, you can't cast any spells.

All Nines
Aug 12, 2011

Elves get all the nice things. Why can't I have a dinosaur?
On one hand, I thought it actually had both restrictions, where if you attacked, you can't cast any spells that turn (though I imagine that, if it dies after the player has only done one thing or the other, they could still do the other thing provided there's still enough space in the turn). On the other hand, they're still stupid because that still doesn't make it overpowered at 5 mana. For all that they were harping on the Ajani's Pridemate analog, I didn't see anyone observe that this is just a cheaper Angelic Arbiter, a card that literally isn't even worth a dollar. At 5, it's probably pretty good, but there are already plenty of ways around it that are going to see play anyway ("dies to removal :byodood:").

V drat that's awesome.

All Nines fucked around with this message at 03:05 on Jun 5, 2013

Peepers
Mar 11, 2005

Well, I'm a ghost. I scare people. It's all very important, I assure you.

They mentioned some Keep Defense details at the start of the stream that I didn't see talked about before. You can make 3 decks and add some amount of gold to your keep treasury. Other players can pay a fee to challenge your keep, fighting all 3 of your decks and claiming your treasury if they win. If they lose, part of the fee they paid goes directly to you and part of it goes back to the treasury, so it builds up over time. If you have a well-defended keep the pot will keep growing and attracting new challengers, meaning more entry fees and more gold. :getin:

signalnoise
Mar 7, 2008

i was told my old av was distracting

Mr. Peepers posted:

They mentioned some Keep Defense details at the start of the stream that I didn't see talked about before. You can make 3 decks and add some amount of gold to your keep treasury. Other players can pay a fee to challenge your keep, fighting all 3 of your decks and claiming your treasury if they win. If they lose, part of the fee they paid goes directly to you and part of it goes back to the treasury, so it builds up over time. If you have a well-defended keep the pot will keep growing and attracting new challengers, meaning more entry fees and more gold. :getin:

Wow this is actually really loving cool

Zurai
Feb 13, 2012

Wait -- I haven't even voted in this game yet!

It's really just a waste of space unless they have both very strong gold sinks and something people want to spend lots of gold on. If gold is the point of keep defense and gold is worthless, so is keep defense.

Zurai fucked around with this message at 03:12 on Jun 5, 2013

pumpinglemma
Apr 28, 2009

DD: Fondly regard abomination.

Zurai posted:

It's really just a waste of space unless they have both very strong gold sinks and something people want to spend lots of gold on. If gold is the point of keep defense and gold is worthless, so is keep defense.

At some point in the past (I want to say in the previous stream) they said you can also charge platinum.

Spectral Werewolf
Jun 15, 2006

And if that wasn't funny, there were lots of things that weren't even funnier...

Protip posted:

Just saw this pop up in chat for anyone curious if this would be available through Steam:

This should make it a lot easier to get more of my friends playing.

Karnegal
Dec 24, 2005

Is it... safe?

Some Numbers posted:

Which side of that argument were you on? The card clearly states that if you attacked, you can't play cards.

I actually think that card is pushing the upper limits of power level. It's only 1 Diamond Threshold, it's a 3/4 flyer for 5, which is really solid and it makes your opponent's life really really awkward.

As with many a card, there is a Magic analog.

The Hex version is 2 more "mana" and +2/+2

The Magic version is pretty much unplayable, but the cost difference means that it can be played a lot earlier where it may make a difference. Still, it doesn't seem terribly broken to me.

This big issue is targeted removal. If you kill it with a spell, then you can just attack.

Karnegal fucked around with this message at 03:48 on Jun 5, 2013

Kairos
Oct 29, 2007

It's like taking a drug. At first it seems you can control it, but before you know it you'll be hooked.

My advice: 'Just say no' to communism.

Spectral Werewolf posted:

This should make it a lot easier to get more of my friends playing.

Well, "supports the Steam API" does not mean "available through the Steam store". It just means that the game client will behave with the Steam overlay.

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

Zurai posted:

He couldn't have used the cooking pot to mill the Phoenix Guard. He was out of resources at that point and the cooking pot costs 1 to activate.

He attacked with one of Journeymen Technicians (the guy that reduces an artifact's cost by [1]) and had it die before casting an artifact that turn, so he'd have had 1 left over and would have been able to pay to activate the Pot. And he missed at least half a dozen free activations on Research Librarian, since he could activate it for free on every one of his and his opponent's turns.

BenRGamer posted:

:ironicat:

But no, it's not really overpowered.

OBi
Feb 27, 2005

HQ BN A CO BEARMAT
2001-2005. The POG-est.

Karnegal posted:

As with many a card, there is a Magic analog.

The Hex version is 2 more "mana" and +2/+2

The Magic version is pretty much unplayable, but the cost difference means that it can be played a lot earlier where it may make a difference. Still, it doesn't seem terribly broken to me.

This big issue is targeted removal. If you kill it with a spell, then you can just attack.

There hasn't really been much targeted removal previewed yet though, has there? There's the one B[3] condition-less removal (e: Murder), but not too much beyond that for blood. In an environment with only a single core set to draw cards from, I can see that dude being pretty good.

OBi fucked around with this message at 03:56 on Jun 5, 2013

thiswayliesmadness
Dec 3, 2009

I hope to see you next time, and take care all
Is there a way to watch a copy of the match they did now that it's over?

All Nines
Aug 12, 2011

Elves get all the nice things. Why can't I have a dinosaur?

OBi posted:

There hasn't really been much targeted removal previewed yet though, has there? There's the one B[3] condition-less removal (e: Murder), but not too much beyond that for blood. In an environment with only a single core set to draw cards from, I can see that dude being pretty good.

It also has Terrible Transfer (granted, it's not as good since it itself costs 5, but it also gains you some life). And then there's stuff like Ragefire, not to mention mass removal like Extinction and Judgment (and maybe Path through Oblivion, if that isn't PvE only or something).

Daeno
May 29, 2007

Found you have to go alone

thiswayliesmadness posted:

Is there a way to watch a copy of the match they did now that it's over?

Yep.

boho
Oct 4, 2011

on fire and loving it
Someone tell me which tier to buy, ideally using things like science and math. Would one of the $250 flavors only be worth it if I played draft every single week?

Sacrificial Toast
Nov 5, 2009

boho posted:

Someone tell me which tier to buy, ideally using things like science and math. Would one of the $250 flavors only be worth it if I played draft every single week?

You should buy in at the $10,000 dollar Producer level. It'll get you 4 of every card and all equipment forever, and you can sell it all for mad eBucks.

Alternatively, Dungeon Crawler is going fast, and is the $250 tier that will get you the most value over time currently available. The extra loot drops will be salable, and you can use them to get more boosters and draft/tournament entries.

Vincent Valentine
Feb 28, 2006

Murdertime

boho posted:

Get the Pro Player tier and then coordinate with me on skype to give me your spot.

But yes, all of them are actually very good money for value, as they all get 1 year of free drafts. One year of free drafts alone will cover the cost of the tier, and profit, and that doesn't even include all the bonuses that go with them. That said, as things currently stand, I think Dungeon Crawler is the best tier until pro player starts to open up in the closing hours.

Karnegal
Dec 24, 2005

Is it... safe?

boho posted:

The general consensus is that, of the remaining $250 tiers, the Dungeon crawler is the best value. Some even argue that it is the best $250 tier period. It's a pretty good value if you plan to play a decent amount. If you don't see yourself playing that much the $120 tier probably makes more sense.

DMW45
Oct 29, 2011

Come into my parlor~
Said the spider to the fly~
To be honest, I'm kinda tempted to be stupid and go buy a Dungeon Crawler tier on top of my Collector. $500 is a stupid amount of money for me to be spending right now, though.

I kinda hate all the people who have the scratch to buy 3 Grand Kings and 2 Pro Players just because. Wish I had that kinda money.

Daeno
May 29, 2007

Found you have to go alone

boho posted:

Not at all, 3 of 250$ tiers are considered 'PvE tiers', while 1 is strictly PvP (Pro Player) and Collector can swing either way really, with a ton of exclusive PvE cards, and alternate art PvP cards every year.

Quick breakdown of those 3:

The Raid Leader: You get an extra card in your hand whenever you do non-tournament PvE content if you are grouped with a Raid Leader, recently it has been revealed that this will stack, meaning you get an extra card for each Raid Leader in your party. Keep in mind the max player content (Raids) for this game is capped out at 3 players.

This bonus is potentially gamebreaking as far as PvE content goes, but the developer has said that they have Hard Mode Raids and ways to balance against this, so we shall see.

As far as making PvE content easier, this is definately the route to go.

The Dungeon Crawler :
This tier gives you an extra roll on _non-raid_ content for the life of the game. More loot is great, especially if you can craft a deck that could beat a hard-mode dungeon with any regularity.
You also get a giant initial boost to your PvE decks with 20 pieces of rare/legendary equipment.

This tier doubles your farming efficiency, meaning more cool PvE cards often, if you like that, this is the route to go

The Guild Master
This tier gives your 10% bonus experience to PvE content for members of your guild. Also you get 3 sets of 30 booster packs to gives to friends at the start of the game.

This tier is great if you are the type to create and grow a guild, plus 90 extra booster packs to give to your buddies is nothing to snuff at

All the 250$ tiers have great "value", tons of booster packs and exclusive cards from the tiers below, as well as even more boosters from the streach goals that have been reached.

My personal advice if you still can't decide is to go for the Dungeon Crawler tier.

Hopefully that's a decent outline for ya :)

Ixjuvin
Aug 8, 2009

if smug was a motorcycle, it just jumped over a fucking canyon
Nap Ghost
I'm Mad that I only discovered this today, I've never wanted to give anyone $500 so badly before. Why don't they want to take my money :argh:

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Why! Why!! Why must you refuse to accept that Dr. Hieronymous Alloy's Genetically Enhanced Cream Corn Is Superior to the Leading Brand on the Market!?!

Morbid Hound

boho posted:

Any of the $250 tiers should theoretically pay for themselves, because a single draft costs (3 boosters +$1), and 7x52 = $364. Of course if the price of boosters on the AH drops to, say, $1 each instead of $2 (just about the minimum conceivable presuming the game doesn't crater) a year of drafts would be $208, so slightly less of a bargain.

Past that, it depends on how much patience you have and a few other things.

If the market for PvE loot gets really competitive, Dungeon Crawler will be the best buy by far. Double boss loot could end up being really awesome. Downside is you'll have to do a lot of grinding to get your money's worth. If you're a chinese gold farmer, plan on reselling your account to a chinese gold farmer, or feel a natural affinity for chinese gold farmers, this is your choice.

If PvE raiding scene becomes really competitive and you want that kind of competition, raid leader could be useful. But this is a gamble; the PvE content probably isn't going to be on the same level as in a dedicated PvE game, and even if it is, how much time are you going to spend playing it? If you really want to be in the guild that kills X raid boss first, or if you watched the Leeroy Jenkins video with annoyance and frustration rather than laughter, this is your choice.

The Collector's alternate art cards seem likely to have a lot of long term value but you'd have to resell them and it's pretty unpredictable -- is the alternate art going to be for good cards? We don't know yet!, etc.

The Guild Master, ok, the extra packs aren't bad (a $180 value!) but the 10% bonus isn't something needed because you'll be in a goon guild and plenty of us have Grand King already.

Me giving advice to someone else (not what I did myself!), I'd recommend just going King. It pimps you out pretty completely and the higher tier bonuses are either gambles (everything except Guild Master) or probably not necessary (how many Set 1 packs do you reasonably need, more than what you got from King and your free drafts?)

Hieronymous Alloy fucked around with this message at 04:51 on Jun 5, 2013

DMW45
Oct 29, 2011

Come into my parlor~
Well, I'll throw in some info on Collector, since it wasn't included.

Collectors get an additional copy of every exclusive King card, this stacks with the Stretch Goal reward of yet another additional copy of all of these cards (except Spectral Lotus Garden) for a grand total of 3x the exclusive cards and 2x Spectral Lotus Gardens, meaning Collector is the only $250 tier to get two Spectral Lotus Gardens. In addition to the above, Collectors get 2 copies of 6 alternate art cards per year exclusive solely to Collector and above and guaranteed to be Rare or Legendary.

All of the other $250 tiers get 2x the King Exclusive cards as well due to the stretch goal reward, except for Spectral Lotus Garden, as said.

And, if all you want is more boosters and Drafts aren't that important to you, you could go for two Kings, over 300 boosters for $240.

Vincent Valentine
Feb 28, 2006

Murdertime

Ixjuvin posted:

I'm Mad that I only discovered this today, I've never wanted to give anyone $500 so badly before. Why don't they want to take my money :argh:

You can occasionally refresh the "manage your pledge" page to see if people transfer their pledge to a different tier, then snag theirs. People pile onto that poo poo like wild animals, though, so you'll often see them go into the negative and you have to wait for it to count down to zero before you even have a chance of getting back in. Make sure you pre-pledge the full amount for the tier you want, because if you only have King at the moment($120) and you try to select a $250 tier, it will error and you will have certainly missed your window. Remember to change your pledge back to the lower number if you can't snag a higher tier before the kickstarter ends or you'll be charged for the full amount and you'll only get the lower reward.

If you really want to give them $500, that's about the only way to do it unless they start taking bribes somehow.

Spectral Werewolf
Jun 15, 2006

And if that wasn't funny, there were lots of things that weren't even funnier...

Kairos posted:

Well, "supports the Steam API" does not mean "available through the Steam store". It just means that the game client will behave with the Steam overlay.

Oh, that's not quite as nice.

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

boho posted:

King tier gets you $350 worth of boosters/starters for $120, access to Spectral Garden which will be a steady source of [some amount, possible negligable?] income, 3 free drafts ($21 value), some promo cards, gear, etc.

The various available $250 tiers get you the above, plus 3 months of VIP ($24 value for free boosters, unsure what else it gives), one year of drafts ($7 a week, or $364 PLUS whatever you in the drafts), more gear, more promos, crafting materials, etc. On top of that you get the tier-specific bonus.

All the tiers $250 are sold out unless you have $2500+ to blow, all the tier below King are much less valuable. For instance, the tier below King is Champion: costs $35 less for $140 worth of less stuff, and less promos/other things, too.

If you have the money, pick a $250 tier, it's easily the best bang for your buck.

Zonekeeper
Oct 27, 2007

If you aren't interested in the $250 tier bonuses, double-pledging as King grants the most boosters of any $250 option (310 total not counting your two Primal packs) and guarantees you a playset of the exclusives (minus the Lotus garden, which you get two of). It's a decent alternative to the Collector Tier that's worth getting if you don't care about the drafts or 6 exclusive alt art cards per year.

Ixjuvin
Aug 8, 2009

Nap Ghost
Will probably go in for Dungeon Crawler or Collector. 52 free drafts is pretty crazy value, and a week is a long enough window not to cause any paranoid nerdworries about ~missing one :ohdear: ~

Reading the lore bits on the website, how come there are two races that are all-male but there are no all-female races?? This aggression will not stand dude

Istvun
Apr 20, 2007

A better world is just $69.69 away.

Soiled Meat

Lone Goat posted:

He attacked with one of Journeymen Technicians (the guy that reduces an artifact's cost by [1]) and had it die before casting an artifact that turn, so he'd have had 1 left over and would have been able to pay to activate the Pot. And he missed at least half a dozen free activations on Research Librarian, since he could activate it for free on every one of his and his opponent's turns.

Nah, the research librarian's ability is a basic action, so that part, at least, he didn't screw up.

They should really use a term other than basic action for sorcery speed though, because that one doesn't give a hint of what it means. Personally I'd have quick actions and full actions.

DMW45
Oct 29, 2011

Come into my parlor~

Ixjuvin posted:

Reading the lore bits on the website, how come there are two races that are all-male but there are no all-female races?? This aggression will not stand dude

Wait, I know Vennen's one, what's the other one?

Ixjuvin
Aug 8, 2009

Nap Ghost

BenRGamer posted:

Wait, I know Vennen's one, what's the other one?

Dwarves. Although since they're made of rock they are probably just being assigned a sex by nondwarves, on account of beards.

Kairos
Oct 29, 2007

It's like taking a drug. At first it seems you can control it, but before you know it you'll be hooked.

My advice: 'Just say no' to communism.

Lone Goat posted:

The various available $250 tiers get you the above, plus 3 months of VIP

It's only a $12 value so it doesn't matter a whole lot, but King has the VIP too, actually. It's every tier from Champion ($85) and up.

Grim
Sep 11, 2003

Grimey Drawer
I'm confused again about the $660K stretch reward

quote:

we're going to give you one more copy of every single Kickstarter exclusive PVE card aside from Spectral Lotus!
The fact that it says one more implies that you have to qualify for the tier where those PVE cards were unlocked (which I am totally okay with / hope is the case) but I was assuming earlier that the whole lot of PVE cards went to every backer (even $1), I'm trying to sperg hard over spreadsheets here and it's bugging me :spergin:

Blinkman987
Jul 10, 2008

Gender roles guilt me into being fat.

Grim posted:

I'm confused again about the $660K stretch reward
The fact that it says one more implies that you have to qualify for the tier where those PVE cards were unlocked (which I am totally okay with / hope is the case) but I was assuming earlier that the whole lot of PVE cards went to every backer (even $1), I'm trying to sperg hard over spreadsheets here and it's bugging me :spergin:

Your tier must contain the cards to get the +1 bonus.

Many of the rewards specify Squire to Producer. At $1, there is no card reward.

Daraken
Oct 9, 2007

Maybe tomorrow, I'll find a home.
Argh, why am I considering jumping from King to Collector now? So much money spent on a virtual card game that won't be out for months. :negative:

thiswayliesmadness
Dec 3, 2009

I hope to see you next time, and take care all
Because free drafts are so worth it

DMW45
Oct 29, 2011

Come into my parlor~
I'm considering throwing a King onto my Collector because I don't wanna throw out a full on $500 in, but I dunno if I wanna deal with the hassle of making multiple Kickstarter accounts and stuff. I sent a question to see if I could get an extra King added as an addon and not have to deal with it since it's not a limited tier.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Expect a few disappointed people on the KS message board. They were all expecting Hex to leap up after the stream, but it's only gained $35k. (Kicktraq lists higher gains, but that was people pledging towards the stretch goal before the stream.) Lots of new backers, but most of them at below King.

• Locked thread