Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

Kennel posted:

This reminded me of NHL 13's Hercules Check

EA prides itself on making the most realistic games possible. That's why, when confronted by a myriad of fans under the impression that one of their game's features was a bug, they made a video to clarify.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6c071yZBOfQ
:allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zemyla
Aug 6, 2008

I'll take her off your hands. Pleasure doing business with you!

Ariong posted:

EA prides itself on making the most realistic games possible. That's why, when confronted by a myriad of fans under the impression that one of their game's features was a bug, they made a video to clarify.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6c071yZBOfQ
:allears:
From the company that brought us the Jesus Shot.

Prezer
Apr 30, 2013
Not really any specific game, but whenever ragdoll limbs get stuck on moving objects, especially cars it can produce some hilarious moments.

Death Hamster
Aug 21, 2007
Is this a two-bagger I see before me?
I don't know if it has been posted yet but this Skyrim opening glitch had me in tears. The prisoner wagon launches into the stratosphere with all of the prisoners just sitting around nonchalantly.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Il4VAYYTk0

2house2fly
Nov 14, 2012

You did a super job wrapping things up! And I'm not just saying that because I have to!
That is so much better than the glitch I got, where everyone was just standing around outside the wagon and the game never started.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

muscles like this? posted:

I can't believe the glitching guy shooting over the finish line counted.

That was a bail that anyone can do. It just looks weird for that guy.

Inco
Apr 3, 2009

I have been working out! My modem is broken and my phone eats half the posts I try to make, including all the posts I've tried to make here. I'll try this one more time.

RatHat posted:

That was a bail that anyone can do. It just looks weird for that guy.

It's not the glitching that he has a problem with. He'd call bullshit even if the guy weren't stretching into impossible shapes.

Kimmalah
Nov 14, 2005

Basically just a baby in a trenchcoat.

Death Hamster posted:

I don't know if it has been posted yet but this Skyrim opening glitch had me in tears. The prisoner wagon launches into the stratosphere with all of the prisoners just sitting around nonchalantly.

I love the way the dialogue unintentionally syncs up with the glitch. "Oh gods where are they taking us?" and "No this can't be happening. This isn't happening." right as they launch off into the air. :v:

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
This Skyrim opening glitch has pretty amazing dialogue syncing as well.

Boing!
May 23, 2012
Just encountered one in Red Dead Redemption----there's a specific mountain where horses keep rolling down from the top of it, apparently spawning up in the treeline somewhere. They just....roll down out of nowhere, horse after horse, it's amazing!

A Dapper Man
Apr 7, 2007

Sometimes, I just like to kick it freestyle.

Boing! posted:

Just encountered one in Red Dead Redemption----there's a specific mountain where horses keep rolling down from the top of it, apparently spawning up in the treeline somewhere. They just....roll down out of nowhere, horse after horse, it's amazing!

Isn't this an easter egg that Rockstar uses a lot? There are certain spots in the GTA games where pedestrians will spawn and walk off a roof or something as an homage to Lemmings.

trunkwontopen
Apr 7, 2007
I am a CARTOON BEAR!

A Dapper Man posted:

Isn't this an easter egg that Rockstar uses a lot? There are certain spots in the GTA games where pedestrians will spawn and walk off a roof or something as an homage to Lemmings.

I don't know if its a Easter Egg as much as a bug in the code.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k-7FQH8Rx60

ThatPazuzu
Sep 8, 2011

I'm so depressed, I can't even blink.
In Deus Ex: Human Revolution I took cover against a wall at a weird angle and clipping slightly. Whatever enemies are programmed to aim at was the the wall, though, so I had a room full of enemies hiding, then coming out of cover to shoot a wall and then go back in. I even got them to try and flank the wall before I moved. :3:

Mystic Stylez
Dec 19, 2009

Hahahahahahaaha the guy even made a "GTAMyths" t-shirt for CJ.

Mystic Stylez has a new favorite as of 19:30 on May 26, 2013

scarycave
Oct 9, 2012

Dominic Beegan:
Exterminator For Hire

Death Hamster posted:

Is that really a glitch? It looks like the road was blocked so the horse decided to take an alternate route instead.
I've had that happen to a death claw in NV where the very Earth rejected it's presence and launched it into the stratosphere only for it to come crashing down dead.

Bruma's finest:

Kimmalah
Nov 14, 2005

Basically just a baby in a trenchcoat.

trunkwontopen posted:

I don't know if its a Easter Egg as much as a bug in the code.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k-7FQH8Rx60

It's probably one of those "it's not a bug, it's a feature. No really we meant to do that!" glitches that they just explain away because it would be a pain in the rear end to fix. Like the famous Skyrim giant "space launch" glitch.

Lord Lambeth
Dec 7, 2011

I believe they kept it in just because it adds to how hosed up san andreas is. Like the planes that will abruptly fly right into the ground.

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug
I don't think things like that are things that they deliberately meant to happen but just kind of started happening during development. But they left them in because it doesn't exactly hurt anything, especially in a game like San Andreas. That game wasn't exactly the most grimdark superserious game in the world.

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

And there's no way anyone could be mad at the game even when you're about to finally complete a bitch of a mission with just a sliver of health left only to be squashed by a biplane randomly appearing from above.

DStecks
Feb 6, 2012

If I were making a game with a more comedy bent, I'd put some fake glitches in deliberately.

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

I would do one character that's glitchy, constantly clipping halfway into walls and having dialogue halfway outside the text window and stuff. It would be for comedic effect at first but later it would segue into a serious discussion about how we treat the disabled in society.

e: Ok, so apparently this has already been done in a movie.

Hardwood Floor
Sep 25, 2011

New Vegas glitch, body reassembly gone wrong. I'm not sure why Fallout 3 and New Vegas have this glitch so much but it's both horrifying and hilarious.

Arx Monolith
May 4, 2007

RandomFerret posted:

e: Ok, so apparently this has already been done in a movie.

What movie, might I ask?

Quill
Jan 19, 2004

Arx Monolith posted:

What movie, might I ask?

I'm guessing he means "Wreck-It Ralph."

scarycave
Oct 9, 2012

Dominic Beegan:
Exterminator For Hire
Banjo Kazooie Nuts n' Bolts had something like that in the Klungo saves the World minigame.
At random times, the game would "crash" and you'd have to restart the entire level. :downs:

Hamsterlady
Jul 8, 2010

Corpse Party, bitches.

scarycave posted:

Banjo Kazooie Nuts n' Bolts had something like that in the Klungo saves the World minigame.
At random times, the game would "crash" and you'd have to restart the entire level. :downs:

That was really funny the first time and really infuriating the fifteenth time the level you've been stuck on crashes right before the goal.

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

Just because Liquor's dead, doesn't mean you can just roll this bitch all over town with "The Freedoms."
The Swapper is an amazing game with excellent puzzle design, but I feel like the messages from the watchers get really cryptic sometimes.

Waldorf Sixpence
Sep 6, 2004

Often harder on Player 2

NoEyedSquareGuy posted:

The Swapper is an amazing game with excellent puzzle design, but I feel like the messages from the watchers get really cryptic sometimes.

This isn't a glitch, it's an indie game. For more examples of incomprehensible text in indie games, I recommend Braid.

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

(and can't post for 10 years!)

Anyone know what this is about?

I'm referring to the fact that it repeats, and that last line. Never could find an explanation.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

carry on then posted:

I'm referring to the fact that it repeats, and that last line. Never could find an explanation.

They didn't terminate the string properly and.. I guess never bothered to patch it because it's not a big deal and nobody reads that poo poo anyway.

dijon du jour
Mar 27, 2013

I'm shy

carry on then posted:

All work and no play makes Jensen a dull boy.

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

kirbysuperstar posted:

They didn't terminate the string properly and.. I guess never bothered to patch it because it's not a big deal and nobody reads that poo poo anyway.

I just like the UAsk Programmer to localized gLegalString, like they're saying "what did you really expect to happen?"

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
Fallout: New Vegas

Whatever floats your boat, I'll show myself out.

Miijhal
Jul 10, 2011

I am so tired... I am so tired all the time...

DStecks posted:

If I were making a game with a more comedy bent, I'd put some fake glitches in deliberately.
I really want a game that is functionally Skate 3 meets the Matrix, where you have to convince everyone that the world is actually just a lovely game and escape the virtual police by exploiting the terrible physics engine, gaping holes in the world geometry, and shoddy collision detection.

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

Throw in TES, then you can plunge the town into civil war by dropping a single apple.

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

He plays for the dreamers that forgot how to dream, and the lovers that forgot how to love.
Wasn't really a glitch, but a funny coincidence. At the end of Red Dead Redemption I was doing the second long ride (where you just ride your horse to a particular area ie the entrance to Mexico) and really enjoying the music and atmosphere... when a bear attacked, knocked me off my horse and killed the music. I was just like "That's it! This bear dies now!"

scarycave
Oct 9, 2012

Dominic Beegan:
Exterminator For Hire
The multi-player in Luigi's Mansion: Dark moon can get incredibly buggy at times.

My most common one is having a ghost spawn on top of a solid object.
When this happens, the ghost will re-spawn itself rapidly, from what I assume to get out of the object as it moves slightly with each spawn. What makes this funny is that when it spawns in, it plays a sound effect.
What you end up with is the sound of a ghost furiously jacking off on top of the kitchen stove.

Also, when opening a trap-door and Luigi gets slammed, he'll be on the floor for a few seconds. If a ghost was targeting you at this time it will attack you. The thing is on the floor, in this state, your invulnerable. So the ghost will hit you, and it will play the punching sound like you just got floored, but nothing happens. The ghost will usually say "Oh, yeah!" at this point and fart off somewhere.
Essentially, its like poking the drunk man with a stick. You poke him and he feels nothing, then you run off giggling like your a bad-rear end cicada because the bastards to tired to chase you.

trunkwontopen
Apr 7, 2007
I am a CARTOON BEAR!

I wonder if Deus Ex: HR is (c) by Eidos Montreal. (c) by Eidos Montreal.

scarycave posted:

Also, when opening a trap-door and Luigi gets slammed, he'll be on the floor for a few seconds. If a ghost was targeting you at this time it will attack you. The thing is on the floor, in this state, your invulnerable. So the ghost will hit you, and it will play the punching sound like you just got floored, but nothing happens. The ghost will usually say "Oh, yeah!" at this point and fart off somewhere.
Essentially, its like poking the drunk man with a stick. You poke him and he feels nothing, then you run off giggling like your a bad-rear end cicada because the bastards to tired to chase you.

I had that happen with a Boo in one of the levels. It floated off, through the ceiling, never to be found again. It's lead me to believe that the interactions with the Boo's can go wrong at any point.

Wiggly Wayne DDS
Sep 11, 2010

NoEyedSquareGuy posted:

Yeah that's not a glitch, once you get all the orbs the watchers messages change to some encoded text.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

weak wrists big dick
Dec 18, 2012

good job. you are getting legitametly upset because I won't confrom to your secret internet cliques gross social standards. Sorry I don't like anime. Sorry I don't like being gross on the internet. Sorry that you are getting caremad.

your stupid shit internet argument is also only half true once I get probated, so checkmate anyways but nice try.

]
From what I can tell, no one has posted the semi-infamous Heavy Rain glitch in which you can repeatedly call out a childs name during the gameplay (which is essentially one cutscene/quicktime event)

This is golden, it has had me in tears two times before:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0t0uCWjQ6Og