Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
James The 1st
Feb 23, 2013

Guildencrantz posted:

A BEAR THERE WAS A BEAR A BEAR

On a slightly more serious note, this seems to be based on the plot of an Adventure Time episode. I approve.
Bears are the new comets. (Victoria 2 lets you play Jan Mayen, which has a take over all polar bear land decision.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pimpmust
Oct 1, 2008

DrSunshine posted:

Okay dudes, I fixed the Spymaster/Chaplain bugs for Girl Power!

Girl Power v.1.1

If you have any other suggestions for features, suggest away!! :D

...Add matrilineal succession? (Next expansion, right Paradox? ;))

Apparently even muslims get in on that, according to wiki:
"However, the Indonesian Minangkabau people (from western Sumatra), despite being Muslim, employ only complete matrilineal succession with property and land passing down from mother to daughter."

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

There was a terrible noise.
There was a terrible silence.

Bwhaha, my new council all has stats of 20+, and all of them except the marshal are female.

I'm sending them to sow dissent and build spy networks in Scotland. Assassinating a king is bloody expensive though, how do I make money?

crm
Oct 24, 2004

Is there a way to only select boats?

Pimpmust
Oct 1, 2008

crm posted:

Is there a way to only select boats?

Click on one boat, then hold shift and drag select the rest.

Ivan Shitskin
Nov 29, 2002

Charlz Guybon posted:

Thought I was doing well, then I saw Hungary :stare:

Here's my current game, as of the same date, about 920 (I'm Norway).

I keep seeing posts in this thread about Hungary being really strong and rampaging all the way across the map, so I was surprised to see that Hungary has been nearly wiped out in my game. They're down to a handful of provinces, and the ones that they do have are either occupied or under siege.

Do I have to siege and burn down holdings all the way to get the viking trait? I reformed the Norse religion and my moral authority is already at 100, so I kinda stopped burning down churches like I needed to early on to get that moral authority bonus.

I've been trying to use lots and lots of small groups for raiding, each numbering in the hundreds rather than thousands. They aren't strong enough to siege anything but I have lots of them. I'll have 8 or 9 different flotillas all work their way up a river and around the coasts, then they will all land their detachments simultaneously, descending upon a whole kingdom like a plague of locusts, sucking gold out of those 8 or 9 provinces before quickly moving on to the next area together. It seems more effective than having one big fleet go and burn down Venice and Rome or whatever, which is what I did before.

marktheando
Nov 4, 2006

Pimpmust posted:

I had been playing for 100 hours before I found out about this. Oh Paradox and your obtuse interface design. At least they finally moved the 'mark character as special interest' button to somewhere sane. Now they need to do the same for the 'view character relations' button. So useful, yet so hidden away.

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

Is there a way to mass select levies?

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.

LowellDND posted:

Is there a way to mass select levies?
Click and drag.

cock hero flux
Apr 17, 2011

marktheando posted:

Now they need to do the same for the 'view character relations' button. So useful, yet so hidden away.

Where the hell is that button, anyway? I swear to god I used to know where it was but now I can never find it.

marktheando
Nov 4, 2006

Dauntasa posted:

Where the hell is that button, anyway? I swear to god I used to know where it was but now I can never find it.

Right click on someone's portrait, then right click on the head shaped button that appears.

Chalks
Sep 30, 2009

CapnAndy posted:

Click and drag.

Related question - is there a way to mass select fleet levies when you've got a bunch of normal levies all over the place?

Playing "find the ship" along my coast in amongst land levies is pretty frustrating. I've started raising my fleet levies first and giving move commands to my ships before raising my armies to avoid this problem but sometimes it's not possible and also I'm stupid as hell so I forget all the time.

Fellblade
Apr 28, 2009

Chalks posted:

Related question - is there a way to mass select fleet levies when you've got a bunch of normal levies all over the place?

Playing "find the ship" along my coast in amongst land levies is pretty frustrating. I've started raising my fleet levies first and giving move commands to my ships before raising my armies to avoid this problem but sometimes it's not possible and also I'm stupid as hell so I forget all the time.

See this post a few up the page:

Pimpmust posted:

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

So I want to start a civil war in Scotland. What's the best method to do it? Assassins? Plots? Can I create a rebellion faction? Should I try to kill the spymaster and chancellor first? Should I plot with people in the other king's court? Should I marry off some courtiers into his court?

cock hero flux
Apr 17, 2011

LowellDND posted:

So I want to start a civil war in Scotland. What's the best method to do it? Assassins? Plots? Can I create a rebellion faction? Should I try to kill the spymaster and chancellor first? Should I plot with people in the other king's court? Should I marry off some courtiers into his court?

Is the King's heir a 1: child, 2: woman, 3: useless idiot, or 4: heretic? If yes, kill the King and things should sort themselves out nicely.

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

Spider-Man's Amazing Construction Company

Dauntasa posted:

Is the King's heir a 1: child, 2: woman, 3: useless idiot, or 4: heretic? If yes, kill the King and things should sort themselves out nicely.

And if not, kill the King's heir until one of the above is true.

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.

LowellDND posted:

Assuming you're not Scottish yourself? Send your chancellor to his capital to sow dissent.

Goon Danton
May 24, 2012

Don't forget to show my shitposts to the people. They're well worth seeing.

Edit: ^^^ Maybe I should preview before posting. Thanks, retroactively!

I've logged an embarrassing amount of time on this game, and I still don't know how Sow Dissent works. If I want to make a king's vassals rebel, do I put my chancellor on the king's capital, or the capital of his strongest duke? Or is it where the character happens to be, like with improving relations?

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

His heir is a shy, craven, arbitrary glutton, and married to my third daughter. So there is potential there.

Should I send the chancellor and spy both? Should I try to do a plot to kill him at the same time, or just rely on the chancellor?

Rumda
Nov 4, 2009

Moth Lesbian Comrade

Aufzug Taube! posted:

Here's my current game, as of the same date, about 920 (I'm Norway).

I keep seeing posts in this thread about Hungary being really strong and rampaging all the way across the map, so I was surprised to see that Hungary has been nearly wiped out in my game. They're down to a handful of provinces, and the ones that they do have are either occupied or under siege.

Yeah in one of our multi-player games the maygars completely collapsed, they won their initial war against Bulgaria however pest and most of the other Hungarian lands were in revolt so they just ended up with Transylvania. In fact the only major land they ended up with aside from that was Kiev which one of the vassals subjugate form the infant son of dyre, and then after I had taken the rest of ruthenia it was simple to subjugate the for the remainder.

Sow dissent works upwards one ruler at a time in vanilla you'll need to place it in the capital of his strongest duke, otherwise you'll just piss of his mayor priest and baron vassals in his capital.

Rumda fucked around with this message at 17:27 on Jun 5, 2013

Ofaloaf
Feb 15, 2013

Okay, I really don't know what's up. Could someone take a look at this map and see if they can help suss out what's wrong with it? I don't understand why it's still crashing at Calculating Paths. I am not good at this.

Kainser
Apr 27, 2010

O'er the sea from the north
there sails a ship
With the people of Hel
at the helm stands Loki
After the wolf
do wild men follow
Beta patch released:

Paradox posted:

I've just uploaded an open beta version of patch v1.101 to Steam. It is only available for Steam users, and remember: it's a BETA patch, so there might be issues with it.

INSTALLATION: Right-click Crusader Kings II in your Steam library, select Properties, and under the "Betas" tab, select Open Beta Patch v1.101.

As per usual, report any bugs in the bug report forum. Here's the blurb:

MAJOR:
:siren: - Added a "Retract Vassal" interaction :siren:
- Disallowed destruction of non-titular titles under Gavelkind

INTERFACE:
- Added lots of portrait fixes from the "CK2 Portrait Fixes" mod by zebez
- Adjusted the random CoA colors and color choices
- Scripted a lot of CoAs for various dynasties
- The CoAs of titles named after a dynasty now match the dynasty CoA
- Bishops no longer wear pope hats, but the pope does
- Livonia now has the correct pagan flag
- Buildings requiring a coastal province now show up in the tech tooltip even if the capital is not coastal
- Fixed some tooltips in the settlement view not showing building levels with the name
- Nicknames are now shown for heads of religion
- The 'Grant Independence' action is no longer even shown if the recipient is not your vassal
- The 'Prepare Invasion' action is now shown but grayed out if you are at war with the recipient
- Added missing Bektashi religion description
- Endgame screen now shows correct score for characters
- Added missing name of the Reformed Aztec Church title
- Tweaked the religion colors to make them more distinct
- Corrected some event text typos

GAMEPLAY:
- Norse Pagans can no longer employ the coastal conquest CB against other pagans (neighboring counties can still be taken though)
- The Subjugation CB can now only be used once per lifetime instead of every 10 years. (Unless you have the 'Become King' ambition.)
- Characters with the "Become King" ambition and access to the subjugation CB can no longer move their capital out of the de jure kingdom
- Subjugated rulers of another religion now get a smaller opinion bonus vs the winner, lasting for a shorter time
- Fixed a bug with many vassalizing casus bellis where the target's own counties would be seized when they should not be
- Tengri Pagans are now limited to Agnatic succession
- The Jomsvikings now reform if the Norse reformation takes place
- Fixed an issue where the primary heir under Gavelkind would not inherit the capital county
- West African pagans can now also raid
- Lowered the spawn rate of TOG rebels by 20%
- Added the "Ghanan Band" mercenary company
- Slavic, Baltic and Finnish Pagans now get a bonus to their levy sizes, at the cost of their garrison bonus
- Fixed a problem with the decadence invasion event
- Fixed a bug with decadence revolts ending strangely on the attacking ruler's death
- Court Chaplain job events no longer restricted to men for pagans
- Made the Chancellor job to improve relations more effective
- Mercenary ships will no longer spawn in major rivers
- The Viking trait can now only be gained by adults
- Heirs returning from the Varangian Guard to take the throne of their dead father can no longer get the same event twice
- Piast the Wheelwright and his son are now of the Piast dynasty
- Pagan festivals can now only be held in summer as intended
- City Shipyards now produce slightly more galleys than their Castle and Temple counterparts
- Fixed a bug where banishing landed vassals would not take all their titles
- Under Gavelkind, your oldest son will no longer ask for titles
- Added additional names and dynasties for Roman characters created in the Ruler Designer
- Added an earlier king of Ireland to make Irish liberation revolts possible
- 867: Strengthened the coastal Baltic, Slavic and Finnish tribes with better Holdings
- 867: Slightly strengthened the initial forces of Ivar and Halfdan
- 867: The Karling kingdoms are now on Agnatic succession
- 867: Moved Uglich from the Meryas to the Vyatichi
- 867: Byzantium is now properly on Primogeniture, not Gavelkind
- 867: The Duchy of Meath now exists, called "Tara" by the Irish
- 867: Made some important vassals to the King of Italy Italian culture to prolong the survival of the culture and ensure more internal troubles
- 867: Adjusted the initial political and dynastic setup among the Baltic tribes to make them more resilient
- The vassal opinion for free investiture law now correctly only applies for Catholics
- Build cost and time is now affected by your capital tech, not the average tech in your realm
- Ignoring pagan defensive attrition is now controlled by your capital tech, not by the average tech in your realm
- Own fort level no longer affects ability to navigate major rivers
- Tweaked the AI bonuses on Hard and Very Hard difficulty settings
- Successful non-claimant adventurers are now known as "the Conqueror"
- Fixed a bug with weird dynasty names for the commanders of Liberation rebels
- Castrating or blinding a prisoner now removes the righteous imprisonment cause when they are released
- The ambition to gain a council position now only increases a skill the first time it is successful
- The generic Pagan religion now has a description and holy sites
:siren: - Added the Hellenic religion :siren:
- The events when certain cities are sacked now properly trigger for the Mongol Empire
- The event when you raise a runestone as a zealous Reformed Norse character no longer treats you as a Christian
- Captured Rebel leaders now have a "Broken Spirit" modifier, making them pretty useless
- Fixed a bug where Gavelkind could produce republics
- Fixed a general bug with multiple kingdom inheritance that could produce republics
- The decision to create the Kingdom of Leon now makes it a de jure part of the Empire of Hispania
- Trade posts are no longer counted towards the Prepared Invasion realm size limits
- Fixed a bug with being able to semi-grant invalid duchies and kingdoms to your heir under Gavelkind
- Heathen priests can now inherit titles
- Mayors and heathen priests will now marry if they are heirs to other titles
- Lack of Piety rumor event now only triggers for Christian lieges as intended
- Trade post garrisons now give less retinue cap increase
- Moved the counties of Loon and Julich from de jure Cologne to Luxemburg
- Technology points are now gained by own demesne when containing buildings that give technology points

AI:
- Will not convert to Norman culture if in a huge Norse empire
- Higher prio on building temple towns
- Adjusted propensity to backstab brothers of the faith who are primary parties in holy wars
- Behaviour is now affected subtly by the difficulty settings
- Tweaked max field army sizes a bit
- Will not agree to concubinage for title claimants

MODDING:
- Exported BASE_REVOLT_CHANCE_MOD and TOG_REVOLT_CHANCE_MOD to defines
- Added a 'can_appear' field to dynasties to prevent for example the Seljuks from appearing before their event

Kainser fucked around with this message at 17:47 on Jun 5, 2013

Ofaloaf
Feb 15, 2013

quote:

- Added the Hellenic religion
Oh my.

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Retract vassal?

IT IS ABOUT GODDAMN TIME. TIME TO GET YOU ASSHOLES BACK IN ORDER

Rumda
Nov 4, 2009

Moth Lesbian Comrade

Paradox posted:

WHAAAAAT

SkySteak
Sep 9, 2010
I assume this is going to break saves? :smith:

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

quote:

- Captured Rebel leaders now have a "Broken Spirit" modifier, making them pretty useless
That is awesome.

Bloody Pancreas
Feb 21, 2008

So what does "Retract Vassal" mean/imply? I'm assuming it's something we've been waiting for forever and I'll realize it when it's explained to me but for now :iiam:

Pimpmust
Oct 1, 2008

The revolt chance changes, and moddability increase :dance:

also: Props on fixing the Rebel Leader fountain of infinite brilliant generals.
Will the broken spirit modifier ever go away? Come on you terrible rebel, don't be sad :ohdear:

Demiurge4
Aug 10, 2011

Does it mean if I subjugate some twat and take his duchy I can actually retract his landed vassals and put them directly under me? Because that would be awesome.

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Bloody Pancreas posted:

So what does "Retract Vassal" mean/imply? I'm assuming it's something we've been waiting for forever and I'll realize it when it's explained to me but for now :iiam:
The opposite of Transfer Vassalage. You can call up Dukes who have taken as their vassals Earls from another de jure duchy and be like "no, give that guy back". Which is extremely useful because then you can call up the rightful duke and hand him over and actually keep your realm in order.

Also lets you cut overmighty Dukes down to size a bit.

Rejected Fate
Aug 5, 2011

...They added the Hellenic religion but not Judaism?

....Where the hell are they even going to put it?

Kainser
Apr 27, 2010

O'er the sea from the north
there sails a ship
With the people of Hel
at the helm stands Loki
After the wolf
do wild men follow
^^^^ A small area in Morea was supposedly still Hellenic at the 867 start. And nobody would expect unique features for a Hellenic religion so it's easier to add I guess.

e: It's only used for history files (and the ruler designer) apparently.

Bloody Pancreas posted:

As far as I am aware so does it mean that you can take away vassals from your direct vassals. It basically means that you can make prettier internal borders.

Kainser fucked around with this message at 17:56 on Jun 5, 2013

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
When the night is calling
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one
When the night is calling

SkySteak posted:

I assume this is going to break saves? :smith:

On the Pox forums Doomdark says it's save compatible.

Demiurge4
Aug 10, 2011

CapnAndy posted:

The opposite of Transfer Vassalage. You can call up Dukes who have taken as their vassals Earls from another de jure duchy and be like "no, give that guy back". Which is extremely useful because then you can call up the rightful duke and hand him over and actually keep your realm in order.

Also lets you cut overmighty Dukes down to size a bit.

Yes! This is the best change, pretty borders :getin:

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Rejected Fate posted:

Oh man, if they ever add Judaism I will not rest until I create a Warrior-Rabbi who subjugates all of Europe and brings the Pope to heel.

YF-23
Feb 17, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!

Kainser posted:

Beta patch released:

quote:

Hey, weren't the Aztec religion icons added before Sunset Invasion was announced? I think I know what's coming. :getin:

Rurik
Mar 5, 2010

Thief
Warrior
Gladiator
Grand Prince

Haha, oh man. Well over a year ago I posted this on the Paradox forums. The original joke wasn't mine of course, I just came up on that image, but I thought to pass it on. It's funny that Paradox remembered it and absolutely awesome if they actually make that thing into an optional mod or something.

Rejected Fate posted:

....Where the hell are they even going to put it?

I think there were some last bastions of Hellenic paganism in Southern Greece in 867 or something. It'd be cool to have that.

marktheando
Nov 4, 2006

CapnAndy posted:

Oh man, if they ever add Judaism I will not rest until I create a Warrior-Rabbi who subjugates all of Europe and brings the Pope to heel.

Jews are in CK2+.

But now that the old, old gods are going to be in game I can rename the greek faith to the roman one and rebuild the proper non christian Roman empire.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GenderSelectScreen
Mar 7, 2010

I DON'T KNOW EITHER DON'T ASK ME
College Slice
If I hadn't started a new game with the Girl Power mod. :negative:

Also, I'm pretty sure I'm just going to kill off my super-viking's sons right now since my first-born daughter inherited both his genius and naturally high martial skill.

Is it possible to add a secret choice to an event message? I kinda want to add one to the "Your child asks where babies come from." event so you can answer "The battlefield." if you have the "Born on the Battlefield" trait.

• Locked thread