Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ditch
Jul 29, 2003

Backdrop Hunger
Mutoh: voice of sanity?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

"I want to have The Rock in an MMA bout"

Please tell me this escaped that dude's mouth.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Oh god AJPW is succumbing to Inokism.

Wiccan Wasteland
Oct 15, 2012
I have just seen my first Danshoku Dino match and... it was something.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

AfterFather posted:

I have just seen my first Danshoku Dino match and... it was something.
I saw my first Danshoku Dino match in person and then went and looked him up on YouTube to see him wrestle a very young Akira Tozawa in 2007:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dxHuRtHicX0

You wouldn't even recognize Tozawa if you didn't know it was him.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F24xmypSfCw

This will forever be the best Danshoku Dino match, because Jun Kasai is amazing.

Also, there's no way this match makes any more sense if you can understand Japanese.

apsouthern
May 24, 2007

Chain Gang Soldier
Wasn't sure whether to post this here or the indie thread but Revolution Pro here in the UK have just announced Tanahashi for their October show in London. Unfortunately it's the same day that 4FW in Swindon have Ultimo Dragon and Great Sasuke as part of their joint show with Michinoku Pro so it's a tricky choice

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

I have NEVER received the respect I deserve as the leader and founder of The Masterflock, the internet's largest and oldest Christopher Masterpiece fan group in all of history, and I DEMAND that changes. From now on, you will respect Skinty McEdger!

Revolution Pro also have a little card next weekend headlined by Liger and Devitt with Naom Dar and Takahashi on the undercard. The Uk scene is just amazing at the moment.

Germansimp
May 28, 2013

VogeGandire posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F24xmypSfCw

This will forever be the best Danshoku Dino match, because Jun Kasai is amazing.

Also, there's no way this match makes any more sense if you can understand Japanese.

Man, even at only 360p, Kasai's body looks disgusting. Does he have a hole in the left side of his back :psyduck:?

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

apsouthern posted:

Wasn't sure whether to post this here or the indie thread but Revolution Pro here in the UK have just announced Tanahashi for their October show in London. Unfortunately it's the same day that 4FW in Swindon have Ultimo Dragon and Great Sasuke as part of their joint show with Michinoku Pro so it's a tricky choice

I'm gonna have to get down to this, no way in hell am I missing the chance to see Tanahashi live.

handsome only face
Apr 22, 2010

Cockroach went out of the room in anger. And roach's go to empty room...

Cockroache's Anarchist

ugh ferries & planes are so expensive. im going to have to move to dumbass shithead england for all these cards.

RudoReels
Feb 21, 2013

RudoReels.com for International Pro Wrestling DVDs and Downloads.

Free downloads in every newsletter email!
Speaking of Jun Kasai...

Looking for feedback on what we should do for our next DVD art, if anyone wants to have a vote.
http://rudoreels.com/shop/artwork-voting/

apsouthern
May 24, 2007

Chain Gang Soldier
PCW have announced they're bringing Ultimo Dragon over to the UK in August and Jushin Liger in November. I know Liger worked CHIKARA recently but how are they both nowadays? Should I be excited or very excited?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X0IYfK0Bjd8

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

Ninety-one? There are ninety other "Tiger Drivers"? Do any involve actual tigers, or driving?
Liger's still awesome and a regular part of NJPW's junior scene. Just check out his his BOSJ match against Devitt from last week!

Only thing I've seen Ultimo in lately is in a rudo role in MPro where he mostly punches people and rips their masks. I'd expect a tag match where he spends a lot of time on the apron and comes in at the end to get his spots in.

I'd definitely be more excited about Liger ... But then again I'd always be more excited about Liger if the other guy in question isn't Daniel Bryan.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

Yeah, Liger's not quite what he was in the '90s but he's still an excellent wrestler especially when you consider that he's almost 50. A lot of his 2012 BOSJ matches are on DAilymotion and are worth checking out.

Here's a match he worked with John Morrison on his recent US indie tour. His tag match with Quack in Chikara was really fun with a crowd was super hot for him. It's worth checking out if you don't mind the fact that the booking for that match looks like it came directly out of one of Quack's high school notebooks.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3alKn8P1_SM

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Liger is like the Misawa of the Junior scene. He's old, cranky, and gives no fucks.

I'm super jealous you get to see him at the PCW venue(which is a really rad place for wrestling and everyone should buy their DVDs).

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
Liger also seems to realize that the best thing he can do for the business is use his name value to put people over.

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

Ninety-one? There are ninety other "Tiger Drivers"? Do any involve actual tigers, or driving?

coconono posted:

Liger is like the Misawa of the Junior scene. He's old, cranky, and gives no fucks.
But he's still alive and he no-sold brain cancer, so he's really more like Kobashi.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

http://www.ustream.tv/DragonGate

Dragon Gate are jumping on the iPPV bandwagon. Dead or Alive 2013 available for $20. More puro companies letting us give them money.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

3rd match on looks tight at as gently caress. totally worth $20

Rags to Liches
Mar 11, 2008

future skeleton soldier

So has Kawada pretty much retired at this point?

Strenuous Manflurry
Sep 5, 2006

THE END

Aubergine Mage posted:

So has Kawada pretty much retired at this point?

Take away "pretty much".

getitoffgetitoff
Sep 24, 2007

by Ralp

Strenuous Manflurry posted:

Take away "pretty much".

So has Kawada retired at this point?

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

getitoffgetitoff posted:

He's been retired for like 3 years now.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

getitoffgetitoff posted:

Yes. To the point where he wouldn't walk down the aisle for Kobashi's retirement because that is an honor reserved for wrestlers.

Suben
Jul 1, 2007

In 1985 Dr. Strange makes a rap album.
He never officially retired did he? He just kind of quietly stopped wrestling.

Ditch
Jul 29, 2003

Backdrop Hunger
Right. He last wrestled in a 6-man on NJ's 2010 G-1 tour, stopped working out, and focused on his restaurant, which is fairly standard in Japan because there are roughly 3 restaurants per capita in the country.

handsome only face
Apr 22, 2010

Cockroache's Anarchist

AGh

revolution pro announced prince devitt vs. ricochet as well as an appearance from bret hart on the london card with tanahashi, tickets on sale in 15 min.

Duncan Sperguson
Apr 21, 2010

golden oldies pete posted:

AGh

revolution pro announced prince devitt vs. ricochet as well as an appearance from bret hart on the london card with tanahashi, tickets on sale in 15 min.

Argggageh, WHY ON THE WEEK I HAVE NO MONEY?!

handsome only face
Apr 22, 2010

Cockroache's Anarchist

i got mine, who wants to give me a ride from the airport.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

golden oldies pete posted:

AGh

Oh loving christ please still have some left when I get paid on Thursday...

handsome only face
Apr 22, 2010

Cockroache's Anarchist

Colt Cabana on the card too, I doubt it will sell out that fast when it's still 4 months away, I don't think the card at the weekend with Liger sold out and I imagine UK audience is more familiar with Liger than they are with Tanahashi.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

gently caress, I'm skint, I can't afford a trip to London :smith:

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

VogeGandire posted:

gently caress, I'm skint, I can't afford a trip to London :smith:

Go steal a caravan or whatever you northlanders do for sidecash.

I'm surprised that Dragon Gate Japan isn't using DGUSA's streaming service.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

coconono posted:

Go steal a caravan or whatever you northlanders do for sidecash.

I'm surprised that Dragon Gate Japan isn't using DGUSA's streaming service.

They refused to book Jon Davis so Gabe is holding out on them.

IVPvideos
Feb 21, 2013
Just released NJPW 6/9/2013 on digital download. Check it out here for only $3.99

http://new.ivpvideos2.com/product_info.php?products_id=10608

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

oatgan posted:

They refused to book Jon Davis so Gabe is holding out on them.

Please tell me you're kidding. Because Gabe is absolutely petty enough to do that.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

El Gallinero Gros posted:

Please tell me you're kidding. Because Gabe is absolutely petty enough to do that.

Not even Gabe is dumb enough to anger a yakuza front.

Solomonic
Jan 3, 2008

INCIPIT SANTA
Apologies if this is old news, but Takashi Sugiura has gone out of his mind and is going to captain a team (along with Genba and Takayama) in a six-man tag against Atsushi Onita on 7/7. A tornado tag deathmatch. In NOAH.

:psyboom:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

handsome only face
Apr 22, 2010

Cockroache's Anarchist

that owns, are they just booking using fire pro now