Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
GenderSelectScreen
Mar 7, 2010

I DON'T KNOW EITHER DON'T ASK ME
College Slice
Alright, cool, thanks guys. I added it into the code, now to see if it works.

I can just call event 38201 from the console, right? Or do I need to trigger the child's part first?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012
idiot asshole bitch who should fuck off

Sankis posted:

How the hell are you supposed to take Finnish lands? Their garrison is bigger than the supply limit so I can't even siege.

It's kind of a nightmare initially - if you really want to grab finland early on, you either (A) need to grab one province at a time & suck up the attrition, or (B) find a non-Suuomensko province owner to steal from - the pagan defense bonus only applies if the realm owner has the same religion as the province.

However, at military organization 4, the massive supply penalty for invading pagans no longer applies. This means that if you can wait - focusing on military organization, you should be able to get mil-org 4 by 1050 without too much trouble - you can cut a bloody swathe through Finland.

---

Also, from the patch notes, this caught my eye:

quote:

- Heathen priests can now inherit titles

Turning unwanted bonus sons into shamans was my primary gavelkind-management technique, playing as a pagan. This change seems like a pretty massive nerf to player-controlled pagans. Neat!

LaSalsaVerde
Mar 3, 2013

Having female warlords sounds neat, especially with how much fun rampaging throughout Europe is as a pagan.

I do wonder how CK2+ is going to handle the masculine wish fulfillment that is the Norse culture though.

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

There was a terrible noise.
There was a terrible silence.

What differences there between Girl Power and CK2+ Gender Equality?

Spiderfist Island
Feb 19, 2011

DrSunshine posted:

Yes please, thank you very much!!

How did you do it? I somehow can't figure out how to make proper .dds files that don't come out as weird squares with black stuff all over.

I just went into Gimp and erased the black stuff/touched up the .dds sprite and re-saved it. Like I said, I haven't tested if it works OK in-game yet but I compared the file/layers to the ones in Vanilla and they're exactly the same in terms of composition.

Infinite Monkeys
Jul 18, 2010

If you think this has a happy ending, you haven't been paying attention.

toasterwarrior posted:

My Docs folder, Paradox Interactive, Crusader Kings 2, settings.txt. Also, the best you can get is an approximation of fullscreen windowed, but that's it.
Hooray, thanks!

Strudel Man
May 19, 2003
ROME DID NOT HAVE ROBOTS, FUCKWIT

CapnAndy posted:

Are you entirely sure that's the right event (your ward asking you) and not you playing as a child and asking your father? The max_age = 6 has me :raise:, that's minimum education age.
The "where do children come from" event is one that fires before education begins, with the child asking their father.

Rurik
Mar 5, 2010

Thief
Warrior
Gladiator
Grand Prince

PleasingFungus posted:

(B) find a non-Suuomensko province owner to steal from

It's so weird seeing Suomenusko written wrong, because it literally means "Finnish faith" in Finnish. I get it that it's a long word and looks weird from English point of view, but I think English speakers would feel the same if someone wrote "Enlgiish faiht".

Just pointing out an interesting thing. :) This ain't meant to be a "write it correctly dammit :argh:" post.

Demiurge4
Aug 10, 2011

Rurik posted:

It's so weird seeing Suomenusko written wrong, because it literally means "Finnish faith" in Finnish. I get it that it's a long word and looks weird from English point of view, but I think English speakers would feel the same if someone wrote "Enlgiish faiht".

Just pointing out an interesting thing. :) This ain't meant to be a "write it correctly dammit :argh:" post.

You god drat nationalists are starting to piss me off :argh:

On a serious note, I've started a Byzantine game and I've never really touched that Empire at all. I'm really digging the special decisions and I like how that gives you a number of goals to work towards from the start.

Brainamp
Sep 4, 2011

More Zen than Zenyatta

LowellDND posted:

Haven't had a chance to try out the GP mod, but all CK2+'s equality does is make women have the same inheritance rights as men, no malus to being a female ruler, and that's it I think unless I'm mistaken.

cock hero flux
Apr 17, 2011

NihilCredo posted:

Assuming you have Notepad++, can you do a Find in Files for "hellenic" under \events\?

Nothing came up, but keep in mind that I am an idiot, so I may have just done it wrong.

Rejected Fate
Aug 5, 2011

The Pecheneg Khan has a bunch of Manichaean vassal counts, I've found.

...Is this meant to reflect something in history I was unaware of?

Goon Danton
May 24, 2012

Don't forget to show my shitposts to the people. They're well worth seeing.

If I'm Reformed Norse, can I send emissaries to convert unreformed Slavic/Finnish/etc pagans like the Christians and Muslims can? If so, how?

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Did I just say that out loud~~?!!!

LowellDND posted:

CK2+ Gender Equality requires CK2+ to run. Also, it makes every single realm Absolute Cognatic from the start, Girl Power just gives everyone the option to switch.

LaSalsaVerde
Mar 3, 2013

Demiurge4 posted:

You god drat nationalists are starting to piss me off :argh:

On a serious note, I've started a Byzantine game and I've never really touched that Empire at all. I'm really digging the special decisions and I like how that gives you a number of goals to work towards from the start.

Byzantium is the most interesting region in the game, imo. Plenty of intrigue, heathen bashing, and really awesome greek names.

edit: that reminds me of my recent abbadid game. My chief priest guy happened to impregnate one of my wives while I was on the Hajj, but initially I didn't care because he had 20 learning and he picked the fat, stupid one. Then he got another one pregnant. I mean, come on, that's when you know he was actively loving with me.

So I cut off his cock and forced him to remain in my employment.

LaSalsaVerde fucked around with this message at 21:42 on Jun 5, 2013

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

DrSunshine posted:

CK2+ Gender Equality requires CK2+ to run. Also, it makes every single realm Absolute Cognatic from the start, Girl Power just gives everyone the option to switch.

Nifty. Do you know if CK2+ can work with Umbrae Spherae by chance?

Chickpea Roar
Jan 11, 2006

Merdre!

Nolanar posted:

If I'm Reformed Norse, can I send emissaries to convert unreformed Slavic/Finnish/etc pagans like the Christians and Muslims can? If so, how?

I'm pretty sure you can. I misclicked when I tried to convert one of my old-norse provinces and sent him to the capital of Sweden instead. He was instantly imprisoned, of course. Just do the same thing you do when converting your own provinces, but target the capital of the ruler you want to convert instead.

Pimpmust
Oct 1, 2008

DrSunshine posted:

Also, CK2+ Gender Equality simply removes the is_female = no check on the marshal job, allowing all and any women to be marshals across the world.
Girl Power require the woman to have a martial education or a martial skill of 12 or more.

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

Pimpmust posted:

Also, CK2+ Gender Equality simply removes the is_female = no check on the marshal job, allowing all and any women to be marshals across the world.
Girl Power require the woman to have a martial education or a martial skill of 12 or more.

Could I run CK2+ and Girl Power at the same time? (instead of Gender Equality)

Pimpmust
Oct 1, 2008

CK2+ Plus does not work with the Old Gods. But technically you could run both at the same time if you use the 1.09 pre-Old gods patch, yes.

Orv
May 4, 2011

Dirty_Moses posted:

So I cut off his cock and forced him to remain in my employment.

It is a crime this is too long for a thread title.

So what's the word on Old Gods, worth diving back in for?

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE
Absolutely, especially if you like to start in small realms. The become king ambition gives you an unlimited use of the new pagan subjugation CB inside the de jure kingdom of your capital (if you play pagans). And if you play a Norse character you can go Viking raiding in Europe, which gives good amounts of money and prestige and makes the early game much more interactive. And the new technology system alone would be worth to get the expansion, if it didn't came with the patch for free instead. Playing around with the different faiths is also amusing, as is trying to reform them. I think the Old Gods is the best expansion for CK2 yet.

Schizotek
Nov 8, 2011

I say, hey, listen to me!
Stay sane inside insanity!!!
Balance could use work though.

Sankis
Mar 8, 2004

But I remember the fella who told me. Big lad. Arms as thick as oak trees, a stunning collection of scars, nice eye patch. A REAL therapist he was. Er wait. Maybe it was rapist?

Fighting Finns past 1000 or so is so loving bullshit. They have 2500 man forts with a supply limit of 800. My 18k army melted away into nothing while sieging it, and attacking it was just as bad. I'm honestly out of ideas except hanging out in a ship outside their land murdering their ministacks in the hope I capture their leader. This, too, of course will cost a poo poo ton of men just from sheer attrition of a week long battle.

I get what it's trying to represent but it feels rather overboard.

Gimnbo
Feb 13, 2012

e m b r a c e
t r a n q u i l i t y

When spouses are lieges of different realms, what determines what court the children end up in? I just got a game over because our only daughter was locked up in the court of my wife and because I couldn't choose the marriage she got married off patrilineally to some Norwegian nobody.

hellsjudge
May 13, 2010

Torrannor posted:

If you educate your heirs yourself and only take the good options to have an awesome ruler later on, then you should not give them titles because they tend to accumulate bad traits while ruling.

It's usually adult children that get titles, since my kings/emperors will last long enough that I can educate my grandchildren (then my heir can educate HIS grandchildren and so forth.)

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

DrSunshine posted:

Actually, I think I only had to add the extra event modifiers into the mod to make it so that Gender Equality worked perfectly with a stock 1.10 Vanilla install.

GenderSelectScreen
Mar 7, 2010

I DON'T KNOW EITHER DON'T ASK ME
College Slice

Schizotek posted:

Would anyone be interested in a Spartan themed minimod for custom rulers? Titles for hellenic rulers of greece, etc. Getting in on the ground floor of this shizz,

That would be cool. Maybe have a special 300 Spartan unit retinue for Byzantine appear if Persia declares war on them?

beefart
Jul 5, 2007

IT'S ON THE HOUSE OF AMON
~grandmaaaaaaa~
Going to try out the beta patch when I get home. Can anyone confirm if I can now properly siege a Finnish/Lithuanian holding from the start of the game as a Romuva/Suomenusko?

The whole "not enough troops to siege" thing has really been bugging me.

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

Norse ruled Scotland, formerly the biggest kingdom in my game, is now collapsing on itself due to massive inbreeding producing nothing but morons that barely survive to adulthood. Denmark/Perm has similar problems although their woes are more a result of overextending their kingdom and me.

Also for some reason for a long time there was a single province in Aquitaine that was a totally independant duchy of Aquitaine.

Omnicarus
Jan 16, 2006

After 350+ hours of play in this game, I just now discovered that you can rename holdings and counties by clicking on their names in the build screen/county view screen.

VonWigg
Sep 10, 2005

Sankis posted:

Fighting Finns past 1000 or so is so loving bullshit. They have 2500 man forts with a supply limit of 800. My 18k army melted away into nothing while sieging it, and attacking it was just as bad. I'm honestly out of ideas except hanging out in a ship outside their land murdering their ministacks in the hope I capture their leader. This, too, of course will cost a poo poo ton of men just from sheer attrition of a week long battle.

Yeah, I gave up after loosing 70% of my scandinavian army just to get 4 countys in finland. I leave that mess to those norsemen in russia (Rorukovich dynasty, I think).

Other than that, the new cb's for vikings are a bit nuts, and my empire formed in no time at all. Really should be toned down a bit, Ireland is now a de-facto part of norway/sweden/denmark.

Is gavelkind kind of screwed up now or what? My primary heir inherited like one county in his kingdom to come, luckily I managed to reform before my original ruler died and switched to elective. So I havent tried gavelkind at all, and I'm wondering if you can avoid having your primary countys not going to the primary heir somehow? (except for stabbin and bishoping)

Ghetto Prince
Sep 11, 2010

got to be mellow, y'all

hellsjudge posted:

It's usually adult children that get titles, since my kings/emperors will last long enough that I can educate my grandchildren (then my heir can educate HIS grandchildren and so forth.)

Well sure, if you want to be boring. My Kings are usually scarred, maimed and incapable before 40. I've actually had two Queens in my old gods game because my Royal Family tends to die spectacularly in the middle of Crusades and Mongol invasions.

Reveilled
Apr 19, 2007

Take up your rifles
Argh, I just bought the Old Gods and now I can't even decide who to play as. Spent literally 30 minutes just clicking around the map before settling on not even doing the 867 start. Decided to play as the Mongols. My goal is to conquer London and become the Mongols of Wimbledon Common.

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Did I just say that out loud~~?!!!
Something's dreadfully wrong with the way the "Institute Absolute Cognatic Succession" faction works. Apparently you can even start it while your kingdom's succession law is already Absolute Cognatic! What's wrong with my code? :(

Pastebin Link

kingturnip
Apr 18, 2008

VonWigg posted:

Yeah, I gave up after loosing 70% of my scandinavian army just to get 4 countys in finland.

Use Retinues. Attrition doesn't matter if your armies reinforce at the same time.

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012
idiot asshole bitch who should fuck off

Sankis posted:

Like I said in my last post: get military organization tech 4, watch your supply problems melt away. The goal of the design is to make the pagans survive to around the beginning of the vanilla start (1066). And it works pretty well!

(Also, speaking as the king of Finland, Finland is kind of a shithole in CK2. Why are you even trying to conquer it? Go find some decent holdings to conquer!)

Charlz Guybon
Nov 16, 2010

Aufzug Taube! posted:

Here's my current game, as of the same date, about 920 (I'm Norway).

I keep seeing posts in this thread about Hungary being really strong and rampaging all the way across the map, so I was surprised to see that Hungary has been nearly wiped out in my game. They're down to a handful of provinces, and the ones that they do have are either occupied or under siege.

I forget, how do you make one of those colored maps?

Charlz Guybon fucked around with this message at 00:05 on Jun 6, 2013

Fintilgin
Sep 29, 2004

Fintilgin sweeps!
Anyone else notice a weird issue with the Old Gods? I've noticed with a Norse character and a Roman character that they will be clean shaven during war and instantly gain a full beard when at peace. Must be related to helmets or something? Very weird/funny.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SkySteak
Sep 9, 2010

Charlz Guybon posted:

I forge, how do you make one of those colored maps?

Press F10, the map will then be in User>Documents>Paradox Interactive>CK2>Screenshots. It will be in a .bmp so make sure to convert it to PNG before attempting to uplaod.

• Locked thread