Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
S.J.
May 19, 2008

Just who the hell do you think we are?

I've never really had this kind of lag with any other game I've played online. All the matches I was playing today were with full or nearly full bars so I dunno.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sponsz
Aug 28, 2005

By the whiskers of Kurvi-Tasch!
Online you gotta remember that the game remembers a lot of your inputs ahead of what your actually doing, so put in your button presses ahead of time

sentrygun
Dec 29, 2009

i say~
hey start:nya-sh

S.J. posted:

I've never really had this kind of lag with any other game I've played online. All the matches I was playing today were with full or nearly full bars so I dunno.

Unless you mean other fighting games, those games aren't nearly as finicky as fighting games and have plenty of ways to get around lag and bad connections while keeping a fairly good baseline for online play. Short of GGPO games that explicitly work to eliminate the effects of lag, fighting game netcodes aren't all that great in general.

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer

sentrygun posted:

Unless you mean other fighting games, those games aren't nearly as finicky as fighting games and have plenty of ways to get around lag and bad connections while keeping a fairly good baseline for online play. Short of GGPO games that explicitly work to eliminate the effects of lag, fighting game netcodes aren't all that great in general.

Yeah the best one I've seen lat wise was Blazblue: Continuum Shift. It's way of dealing with lag was that if one person slowed down, both players slowed down. Otherwise the inputs felt crisp and responsive.

Anyways really fun matches tonight with Soonmot. Learned a couple things about Shazam and you learned a couple things about Joker! I call that a win-win.

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Entrapta fucking loves robots

Grimey Drawer

Fibby Boy posted:

Yeah the best one I've seen lat wise was Blazblue: Continuum Shift. It's way of dealing with lag was that if one person slowed down, both players slowed down. Otherwise the inputs felt crisp and responsive.

Anyways really fun matches tonight with Soonmot. Learned a couple things about Shazam and you learned a couple things about Joker! I call that a win-win.

Hellz yeah. I learned to never let Shazam get me in a corner! Great matches.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Did Batgirl's free meter burn get fixed?

Tommy 2.0
Apr 26, 2008

My fabulous CoX shall live forever!

Soonmot posted:

Hellz yeah. I learned to never let Shazam get me in a corner! Great matches.

BADGER BADGER

What system are you on?

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Entrapta fucking loves robots

Grimey Drawer

Tommy 2.0 posted:

BADGER BADGER

What system are you on?

360, I thought we were already e-pals? What's your GT?

I miss CoH.

Great Beer
Jul 5, 2004

Scorions got some impressive looking combos 112 xx bf1, b3, j3, d2, bf1 only does 27% but it looks really cool and its fairly easy to land.

MB spear into a stage transition is hilarious too but it drops the damage down significantly. Only 26% after the spear.

S.J.
May 19, 2008

sentrygun posted:

I'll just have to keep at it I guess. I mean I know I'm not very good so I'll just have to do some research and not gently caress up so bad :v:

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

S.J. posted:

I'll just have to keep at it I guess. I mean I know I'm not very good so I'll just have to do some research and not gently caress up so bad :v:

I don't know if you're 360 or PS but try adding some goons as friends and requesting for some 1v1's. I know there's a metalist and a spreadsheet somewhere with all of us on it. This way it's a lot more fun for you than playing against randoms and you'll learn a lot. You can discuss strategy post game and hash out problems you're encountering as you play. One of the best ways to learn the game and your character.

S.J.
May 19, 2008

That's fair. Although I need to pick up a headset but I should've done that a while ago anyway.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

S.J. posted:

That's fair. Although I need to pick up a headset but I should've done that a while ago anyway.

Nah, not all goons have headsets but it helps. Some of us have really stupid voices anyway. :downswords:

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
I use the PS3's built-in voice changer for that very reason!

The spreadsheet is located in the OP.

checkstock
Dec 18, 2011

Lurdiak posted:

Did Batgirl's free meter burn get fixed?

No, but it doesn't really matter. There's no reason to meter burn bola now that the infinite is gone.

Dre2Dee2
Dec 6, 2006

Just a striding through Kamen Rider...

gannyGrabber posted:

I use the PS3's built-in voice changer for that very reason!

Wait... what :stare:

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

gannyGrabber posted:

The spreadsheet is located in the OP.

And here it is if you can't be assed to find it there.

I think I remember you saying you're on PS3 S.J., if that's right we could always be terrible together. :v:

Krad
Feb 4, 2008

Touche

Dre2Dee2 posted:

"Hello Dre2Dee2, I want to play a game... of Injustice."

sentrygun
Dec 29, 2009

i say~
hey start:nya-sh

Dre2Dee2 posted:

There's pitch shifting in the voice options on PS3s.

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Yardbomb posted:

And here it is if you can't be assed to find it there.

I think I remember you saying you're on PS3 S.J., if that's right we could always be terrible together. :v:

Yay! I couldn't even land supes f23 f23 mb breath in practice earlier, woo :v:

Fingers McLongDong
Nov 30, 2005

not eromenos
Fun Shoe
Is there a reason my stick won't work at all when a march starts and my non dlc costumes have disappeared? Controls work fine until a match starts then stop, even training mode won't work

Edit: lol now it tells me to log into a profile to see the archives (I'm logged in) and when I push the button to turn off the xbox it automatically turns itself back on

Fingers McLongDong fucked around with this message at 21:53 on Jun 5, 2013

rawdog pozfail
Jan 2, 2006

by Ralp
I went to buy the blackest night pack and I guess they took it down? Google gives this link but it's a 404.. http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-US/Product/Blackest-Night-Pack-1/665308ce-54c3-4c0f-838e-49c0b71b9b6c

Fingers McLongDong
Nov 30, 2005

not eromenos
Fun Shoe
Deleting all of the game save data is apparently the only way to fix the control thing. Also it downloades up to the last compat pack, but scorpion and the last red son dlc don't even show up in the dlc list. I bought the red son gl costume and don't have it now. Someone help me :(

Unbound
Dec 11, 2012

Atlantis for best map

All others are bugged...

Fingers McLongDong posted:

Deleting all of the game save data is apparently the only way to fix the control thing. Also it downloades up to the last compat pack, but scorpion and the last red son dlc don't even show up in the dlc list. I bought the red son gl costume and don't have it now. Someone help me :(

Go to your download history and select it there.

Also, Scorpion is the most fun I have had with any character so far. This is great.

Fingers McLongDong
Nov 30, 2005

not eromenos
Fun Shoe

Unbound posted:

Go to your download history and select it there.

Also, Scorpion is the most fun I have had with any character so far. This is great.

Where is my download history? I don't mess with dlc much. I looked through the marketplace and I don't see either the red son 2 pack or the black lantern pack. I guess they got taken down for some reason?

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax

Where is my download history? I don't mess with dlc much. I looked through the marketplace and I don't see either the red son 2 pack or the black lantern pack. I guess they got taken down for some reason?

They weren't meant to even be up in the first place, so this might be a safe bet.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

Since Scorpion's out of the bag, I wish they'd just release Red Son 2.0 for everyone already. :saddowns:

Unbound
Dec 11, 2012

Atlantis for best map

All others are bugged...

Xbox Guide > Profile > Account > Download I believe

EDIT: Good games Calamity! It figures the Mortal Kombat Character would be the one to click with me.

Unbound fucked around with this message at 23:00 on Jun 5, 2013

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

What a clusterfuck of messed up downloadable content and console stalling bugs. Never change NRS. :allears:

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

What a horrible thread to have a post.
I bought the Red Son 2.0 pack (seriously, those skins are GREAT) and I can't find it either. It never downloaded anything...here's hoping for the best.

Toady
Jan 12, 2009

AndyElusive posted:

What a clusterfuck of messed up downloadable content and console stalling bugs. Never change NRS. :allears:

I wonder if it was Microsoft's fault that it was released early on Xbox Live

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

"I stood there, wondering why the puck was getting bigger...

and then it hit me."

Toady posted:

I wonder if it was Microsoft's fault that it was released early on Xbox Live

Considering PSN hasn't leaked images of DLC characters or put out incorrect or unfinished DLC files at all for Injustice, I would say yes, it most likely is Microsoft's fault.

Foodahn
Oct 5, 2006

Pillbug
I just bought this, and for some reason the Season Pass.

I don't know why. I'm awful at fighting games and I have little to no interest in superheroes. Should be awesome. Is there a character that is generally regarded as terrible but is still fun to play?

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

What a horrible thread to have a post.

Foodahn posted:

I don't know why. I'm awful at fighting games and I have little to no interest in superheroes. Should be awesome. Is there a character that is generally regarded as terrible but is still fun to play?

There are no terrible characters, but one of the weaker ones with a fun playstyle is Bane, if you like getting in and pressuring your opponent.

There are lots of better characters for that, though. Does someone have that handy chart of characters that lists their playstyles? I can't find it.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Megaman's Jockstrap posted:

There are lots of better characters for that, though. Does someone have that handy chart of characters that lists their playstyles? I can't find it.

Here you go:

It's obviously missing the DLC characters, and balance patches may have shifted some characters' roles some.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

But that's obviously wrong, Raven isn't in the Grappler-tier. :v:

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Foodahn posted:

Is there a character that is generally regarded as terrible but is still fun to play?

They're all pretty fun to play in their own way, but tier lists aside I would say The Joker? Shazam? Also according to tier lists created by tournament players - Bane.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

AndyElusive posted:

They're all pretty fun to play in their own way, but tier lists aside I would say The Joker? Shazam? Also according to tier lists created by tournament players - Bane.

That reminds me that a few days ago in the Beginners room a Joker was kicking so much rear end in KOTH. It was magical to saw him utterly destroy a GL, a Superman and a Doomsday :allears:

Unbound
Dec 11, 2012

Atlantis for best map

All others are bugged...

Foodahn posted:

I just bought this, and for some reason the Season Pass.

I like Scorpion a lot, even managed to win a ranked match with him just now. It's all a matter of trying them all and picking the ones you really feel a thing for.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Toady
Jan 12, 2009

Maximillion spends 20 minutes figuring out the secret counter to Scorpion's teleport.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Lmu9pW-AVA

• Locked thread