Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Toady posted:

Maximillion spends 20 minutes figuring out the secret counter to Scorpion's teleport.

Can you spare me the effort in watching a Maximillion video and just tell me, was the counter crouch blocking?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
This game's really cool and I'm having fun zapping cars out of the air that Black Adam's tossing and then I realize he's picking them up while they're driving meaning there are still passengers inside.

Edit: I'm also laughing a lot at Doomsday's weird fauxhawk.

Push El Burrito fucked around with this message at 02:23 on Jun 6, 2013

IronMcHardSteel
Mar 29, 2010
Fun Shoe
It's in the last minute and yeah it was holding down. After 20 minutes of them crying that it needed to be nerfed. I don't know how it could possibly take that long. Maximillion said he was in training mode with Scorpion all day. I don't get it.

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

"I stood there, wondering why the puck was getting bigger...

and then it hit me."

IronMcHardSteel posted:

It's in the last minute and yeah it was holding down. After 20 minutes of them crying that it needed to be nerfed. I don't know how it could possibly take that long. Maximillion said he was in training mode with Scorpion all day. I don't get it.

To be fair, holding straight down to block low is incredibly non-intuitive to someone coming from basically any other back-to-block fighter in the history of gaming.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Shadow Ninja 64 posted:

To be fair, holding straight down to block low is incredibly non-intuitive to someone coming from basically any other back-to-block fighter in the history of gaming.

If only he'd had well over a month to get used to it.

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

"I stood there, wondering why the puck was getting bigger...

and then it hit me."

Lurdiak posted:

If only he'd had well over a month to get used to it.

I've played Injustice a ton since release and I even occasionally forget about it.

Edit: I mean, it's still funny it took him 20 minutes to figure it out but it's not that unthinkable.

Shadow Ninja 64 fucked around with this message at 02:08 on Jun 6, 2013

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Shadow Ninja 64 posted:

I've played Injustice a ton since release and I even occasionally forget about it.

Edit: I mean, it's still funny it took him 20 minutes to figure it out but it's not that unthinkable.

You also don't make videos of yourself playing through story mode, then going online and playing countless ranked matches with various characters every week.

Edit: Just to be clear, if you did, I would watch the hell out of that poo poo.

IronMcHardSteel
Mar 29, 2010
Fun Shoe

Shadow Ninja 64 posted:

I get that. I'd just be embarrassed if that was my video and I had been immediately saying something should be nerfed only to find out I was being pretty dumb.

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
To be even more fair, being dumb is kind of the norm for Injustice. I spent a good 20 matches against Bane before I realized that his charge wasn't the most imbalanced poo poo in the game, and was actually terrible.

To the new players who are looking for people to pick, I suggest picking somebody who other people don't play very much. Catwoman, Killer Frost, and Ares are good examples. You have no idea how huge an advantage you get just from the opponent not knowing the match up. I constantly run into very high ranked/high XP players who just get wrecked because they don't know how good cat dash is as a reversal.

WarEternal
Dec 26, 2010

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

AndyElusive posted:

You also don't make videos of yourself playing through story mode, then going online and playing countless ranked matches with various characters every week.

Edit: Just to be clear, if you did, I would watch the hell out of that poo poo.

All the "personalities" who make internet videos of them playing games are complete and utter garbage, it's just one of those universal constants that you have to accept or maybe try to change, if you have some talent. I can't think of a single example, let alone one who plays FGs that doesn't utterly suck at games. Well, Arturo is actually really cool but he's not exactly what I'm talking about.

Foodahn
Oct 5, 2006

Pillbug
The story mode to this game actually has a story. God drat.

Also I gave Bane a shot and I enjoy how easy a lot of the combos seem. b112 then huge slam, repeat.

Dre2Dee2
Dec 6, 2006

Just a striding through Kamen Rider...

WarEternal posted:

Well, Arturo is actually really cool but he's not exactly what I'm talking about.

Arturo's horrid laugh and his insistence to giggle after every sentence makes him poo poo.

I am a fickle oval office. :colbert:

WarEternal
Dec 26, 2010

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

Dre2Dee2 posted:

Arturo's horrid laugh and his insistence to giggle after every sentence makes him poo poo.

I am a fickle oval office. :colbert:

Eh, at least he's a good player and seems generally positive, which is more than you can say for a lot of people. I understand what you mean, I just think my standard is really low at this point.

Jmcrofts
Jan 7, 2008

just chillin' in the club
Lipstick Apathy

WarEternal posted:

All the "personalities" who make internet videos of them playing games are complete and utter garbage, it's just one of those universal constants that you have to accept or maybe try to change, if you have some talent. I can't think of a single example, let alone one who plays FGs that doesn't utterly suck at games. Well, Arturo is actually really cool but he's not exactly what I'm talking about.

He's mostly out of the video-making game, but what about Mike Ross?

Unbound
Dec 11, 2012

Atlantis for best map

All others are bugged...
So far I've managed to hit someone 4 times with Scorpions Teleport Punch in a single combo. I want to try to go for 5, but I don't know if that's possible. Either way, comboing Teleport Punches off of each other looks cool as hell. It's just like a pillar of fire that the recipient bounces around in.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

Foodahn posted:

The story mode to this game actually has a story. God drat.

Also I gave Bane a shot and I enjoy how easy a lot of the combos seem. b112 then huge slam, repeat.

I have a friend who watched all the cutscenes in one huge video on Youtube since they're not really a fan of fighters, said it was the best DC movie they've seen in a while. :v:

And yessss Bane's awesome, even if he loses some higher level matchups.

rawdog pozfail
Jan 2, 2006

by Ralp

Unbound posted:

So far I've managed to hit someone 4 times with Scorpions Teleport Punch in a single combo. I want to try to go for 5, but I don't know if that's possible. Either way, comboing Teleport Punches off of each other looks cool as hell. It's just like a pillar of fire that the recipient bounces around in.

This owns, I'm glad Scorpion clicked for you. It was great watching you whomp on people in that survivor match earlier today.

Anyone playing on 360?

Unbound
Dec 11, 2012

Atlantis for best map

All others are bugged...

Holy Calamity! posted:

This owns, I'm glad Scorpion clicked for you. It was great watching you whomp on people in that survivor match earlier today.

Anyone playing on 360?

I'm online now, son.

But yeah, he's great. I find it ironic it would be him, but it had to be someone right? On an added note, after winning my first ranked match ever, with him, I proceeded to get another 12 in a row. Must be that teleport.

Edit: More great fights! It looks like I gotta figure out that Hawkgirl Mace Charge thing next, and really how to get in on Hawkgirl.

Unbound fucked around with this message at 08:02 on Jun 6, 2013

Toady
Jan 12, 2009

I like watching Maximillion's online match videos, but I can see how he'd grate on some people.

Blast Fantasto
Sep 18, 2007

USAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
Scorpion's teleport is going to be my new Doomsday's comet move.

As in, I can do it to pubbies over and over again and then get hatemail. I love it.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Blast Fantasto posted:

Scorpion's teleport is going to be my new Doomsday's comet move.

As in, I can do it to pubbies over and over again and then get hatemail. I love it.

Doomsdays supernova will always be worse because it's unblockable and requires pubbies to grasp the concept of dashing at the right moment on reaction or when they expect it or even performing an appropriate attack to stuff it at the right time.

Whilst you're taught that down blocking will block everything except for overheads during the tutorial.

But I have no doubt teleport punch will cause tears to flow regardless since, ya know, anything except for letting them win will cause an overflow.

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
I beat a scorpion player yesterday by only sitting there holding down, and then doing a d3 when he whiffed off of me. It was the worst match.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

AndyElusive posted:

Doomsdays supernova will always be worse because it's unblockable and requires pubbies to grasp the concept of dashing at the right moment on reaction or when they expect it or even performing an appropriate attack to stuff it at the right time.

Whilst you're taught that down blocking will block everything except for overheads during the tutorial.

But I have no doubt teleport punch will cause tears to flow regardless since, ya know, anything except for letting them win will cause an overflow.

That's true. Lately they don't wanna play with me when I'm using Scorpion :saddowns:

EDIT

I think that this pretty much confirms that the another announcment this week is about the second season pass:

https://twitter.com/noobde/status/342684059459280896

Or maybe not...

https://twitter.com/noobde/status/342684400330346496

Goddamit Boon :argh:

Dark_Tzitzimine fucked around with this message at 17:50 on Jun 6, 2013

Equilibrium
Mar 19, 2003

by exmarx
Well I think it's a safe bet we'll see Zod next week at E3, and the "second season" will have at least MMH and one of the top poll characters (Red Hood, Zatanna). Surprised he hasn't committed to saying a full 4 character second season pass.

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

Equilibrium posted:

Well I think it's a safe bet we'll see Zod next week at E3, and the "second season" will have at least MMH and one of the top poll characters (Red Hood, Zatanna). Surprised he hasn't committed to saying a full 4 character second season pass.

Boon has confirmed some kind of announcement this week. Zoe will probably be announced tomorrow.

Fenn the Fool!
Oct 24, 2006
woohoo
I'm still holding out hope that Zod was a troll the whole time, like they did with the MK9 DLC, and MMH is the final character in the first set.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

gannyGrabber posted:

I beat a scorpion player yesterday by only sitting there holding down, and then doing a d3 when he whiffed off of me. It was the worst match.

MK2 memories....

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

What a horrible thread to have a post.

Fenn the Fool! posted:

I'm still holding out hope that Zod was a troll the whole time, like they did with the MK9 DLC, and MMH is the final character in the first set.

As much as I would like that, the reality is that they're going to be announcing this 4th character on television, next week, a few days before one of the most marketed superhero movies and summer tentpoles ever. And that movie just happens to feature Superman. It would be pure foolishness to make that character Martian Manhunter and not a legendary Superman villiain.

Which means, essentially, that it's almost certainly Zod. And the television show is almost certainly Late Night With Jimmy Fallon.

Equilibrium
Mar 19, 2003

by exmarx

Liar Lyre posted:

Boon has confirmed some kind of announcement this week. Zoe will probably be announced tomorrow.

This was the announcement. Zod will be part of the "TV show" reveal to help promote Man of Steel.

Blast Fantasto
Sep 18, 2007

USAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
This is a long shot, but it would be so dope if they got Michael Shannon to do Zod's voice.

Unbound
Dec 11, 2012

Atlantis for best map

All others are bugged...

AndyElusive posted:

Maybe it's me, but after hours of stomping pubbies in ranked matches with Scorpion, I didn't get any kind of hate mail. That teleport is all the fun of Ares with the "DON'T JUMP" aspect of Batgirl.

MrJacobs
Sep 15, 2008

Blast Fantasto posted:

This is a long shot, but it would be so dope if they got Michael Shannon to do Zod's voice.

How can you misspell Terrance Stamp so badly?

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

What a horrible thread to have a post.

MrJacobs posted:

How can you misspell Terrance Stamp so badly?

Everyone who has seen Man of Steel says that Shannon does a great Zod without stepping on Stamp's toes. They're both very different, very cool interpretations of the character and I'll be glad to get either one of them in the game.

I hope to have both the "armor" outfit and the "black" outfit, with appropriate voices. Also I would like Mike Tyson's Punch Out and some quarters for the arcade. --MMJS, Age 10

Unbound
Dec 11, 2012

Atlantis for best map

All others are bugged...
So far, my favorite Scorpion Combo is j3 db3 d2 j3 db3 db3MB j3 db3. It only does like 19%, but it looks cool and really disorients the enemy. I've also found j3 db3 d2 j2 112 bf1MB j3 db3 to be another really cool looking one, can't remember the damage though. His Hellfire is by far his best move, forcing them to do something they don't want to do. Jump. If someone is in the air, just throw a db3 at 'em and try to hit the 112bf1mb off of the little juggle room you have.

strangemusic
Aug 7, 2008

I shield you because I need charge
Is not because I like you or anything!

I've got to say, as a fan of gimmicky weird things (read: SSFIV Blanka main), Scorpion looks like he could be pretty fun.

Also: YOU CAN HOLD DOWN TO BLOCK THINGS, what is this madness?

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

The Injustice Fartbook page says more Characters are on the way...

Deep Winter
Mar 26, 2010
Frankly I can't believe batgirl, scorpion and zod were actually leaked. I was perfectly confident it was a lead-on by NetherRealm to gently caress with us. I smug faced at everyone naive enough to believe it was real.

But nope. They really had the first for dlc characters hidden in the games data. Brilliant.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Deep Winter posted:

Frankly I can't believe batgirl, scorpion and zod were actually leaked. I was perfectly confident it was a lead-on by NetherRealm to gently caress with us. I smug faced at everyone naive enough to believe it was real.

But nope. They really had the first for dlc characters hidden in the games data. Brilliant.

You shoulda believed us.

:smuggo:

Dre2Dee2
Dec 6, 2006

Just a striding through Kamen Rider...

Deep Winter posted:

I don't blame you. The list is overall lame, so we didn't WANT to believe :cry:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Seymour Butts
Jun 26, 2003
I break girls in like baseball gloves
Ugh, scorpion is so loving lame. I hate Ed Boon and his twitter.

• Locked thread