Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Snark
Sep 19, 2003

no dice

A Dapper Man posted:

Isn't this an easter egg that Rockstar uses a lot? There are certain spots in the GTA games where pedestrians will spawn and walk off a roof or something as an homage to Lemmings.
This reminds me of a glitch in City of Heroes. The city was always full of civilians. Whenever they came across something scary, they would usually run away, find the nearest building with a door, and disappear. In one specific area there was a subway entrance nearby civilians would run to, but the "and disappear" part didn't trigger. As a result, that subway door was always surrounded by a mob several dozen civilians running around desperately trying to get into the subway.

When they finally fixed it, the devs put a historical plaque nearby saying some little-known supervillain once used his mind control powers here to make citizens run around like idiots for hours on end.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rujo King
Jun 28, 2007

I say old chap have you any of the good sort of catnip if you know what I mean... harrumphaarmaammhhhmm
One of the funniest glitches I've ever gotten was in the original Deus Ex, in an underground mall with a bunch of storefronts and a bunch of cops and other NPCs wandering around. The glitch itself is based on four specific things:

1. Windows are breakable by walking into them.
2. Breaking a window will set off a map-wide alarm.
3. Police assume that the player is responsible for any alarms, regardless of who actually set them off.
4. When trying to avoid others, NPCs will occasionally walk into places that they normally shouldn't go.

The end result was that I got to watch a battalion of cops shove a lady through a window, then immediately gun me down where I stood.

Angry Diplomat
Nov 7, 2009

Winner of the TSR Memorial Award for Excellence In Grogging

Noose Induce posted:

From what I can tell, no one has posted the semi-infamous Heavy Rain glitch in which you can repeatedly call out a childs name during the gameplay (which is essentially one cutscene/quicktime event)

This is golden, it has had me in tears two times before:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0t0uCWjQ6Og

Man, that was one of the first things in this thread. It's on like the second or third page.

Reive
May 21, 2009

Vinny has some new corruptions, OOT style!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZIMQ9NIB-sA

scarycave
Oct 9, 2012

Dominic Beegan:
Exterminator For Hire
In FONV, I've had Gibson's dogs rain down from the sky upon exiting Helios one. I guess Sheogorath was on the development team.

Also this during a mod test:

For whatever reason, when no path-grid is present, everything decides to run straight into a wall, and will only attack you if your right in front of them. People with guns will still shoot but melee opponents can't function at all. Never really understood that, since the path-grid is supposed to help them maneuver around objects, why can't they just run towards the player if your on a completely flat surface with nothing in between you?

Reive posted:

That face. It's magical. :swoon:

The Stupid Hat
May 6, 2007
Just here to lurk
I'm not sure if it was a glitch or not, but when I was playing through the "Bar Fight" chapter in Hitman: Absolution, I was given free reign to choke out anybody and everybody in the bar without repercussion.

And so I did.

Every. Single. Person.

The bar was littered with bodies by the time I was done, so thick that you couldn't see the floor.

John Murdoch
May 19, 2009

I can tune a fish.

Snark posted:

This reminds me of a glitch in City of Heroes. The city was always full of civilians. Whenever they came across something scary, they would usually run away, find the nearest building with a door, and disappear. In one specific area there was a subway entrance nearby civilians would run to, but the "and disappear" part didn't trigger. As a result, that subway door was always surrounded by a mob several dozen civilians running around desperately trying to get into the subway.

When they finally fixed it, the devs put a historical plaque nearby saying some little-known supervillain once used his mind control powers here to make citizens run around like idiots for hours on end.

Better yet, it was a sewer maintenance hatch.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

I don't care if it was originally posted in the first few pages, it's so goddamn funny I laugh so hard I see spots.

Autechresaint
Jan 25, 2012

scarycave posted:

In FONV, I've had Gibson's dogs rain down from the sky upon exiting Helios one. I guess Sheogorath was on the development team.

For whatever reason, when no path-grid is present, everything decides to run straight into a wall, and will only attack you if your right in front of them. People with guns will still shoot but melee opponents can't function at all. Never really understood that, since the path-grid is supposed to help them maneuver around objects, why can't they just run towards the player if your on a completely flat surface with nothing in between you?

Link as The Corinthian.

Rectus
Apr 27, 2008

While making a Left 4 Dead 2 Beta mutation, I accidentally applied a physics impulse on the world entity, with some weird results:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nw_w3cQlS3U

Wrestlepig
Feb 25, 2011

my mum says im cool

Toilet Rascal
That was a very funny thing.

Kikka
Feb 10, 2010

I POST STUPID STUFF ABOUT DOCTOR WHO
SORRY Y'ALL

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

scarycave posted:

I've been playing New Vegas myself, lately. I'm using a mod that lets you have multiple companions active at the same time, and it's going alright. Sometimes they make it hard to get into doorways, but it's pretty nice rolling through the mojave with a posse. I don't even keep a weapon equipped anymore, my crew takes care of any enemies before they even show up on my radar. But a week ago Arcade Gannon disappeared. I fast traveled somewhere and he didn't make it with everyone else. I checked the map and he was way up in the top left corner, outside of the playable area. I tried nudging my way up the cliffs but there's just no way to get there, the whole area is bordered with invisible walls. I gave up and left him there.

Last night I was loving around somewhere in the wasteland, and I see this speck in the distance. It's Arcade! He's finally found his way out of the impassable cliffs and come back to me! I run over to meet him, and he immediately starts yelling about me being a murderer and says he's leaving for good. I had activated the Archimedes death ray an hour earlier, and he'd run across the entire map just to tell me off for it.

I never even got the chance to sell him into slavery. :(

Sigma_Bark
Jun 1, 2013
This doesn't count as funny and is more than a simple glitch but I laughed maniacally when it happened, you know, that kind of crazy despairing laugh you do when no amount of cursing will fix a problem.

I was playing Virtue's Last Reward one night (maybe a week ago) and I was just getting started in the Pressure Exchange Chamber puzzle and after a few minutes my game just flat out froze and I couldn't do anything. Assuming it was nothing, I restarted my game and had blasted through 40 minutes of dialogue to get back to the PEC, saving my game once the escape started (Which I regret doing). Low and behold my game froze AGAIN and when I restarted my game again to load my save file; all I got was a black screen.

The long and the short of it is that I lost 30+ hours of game play and have to start all over again and hope my game doesn't, once again, die.

Thank you for listening.

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

You get used to it. I don't
even see the code. All I see
is Ipecac, Scapular, Polyphemus...

Sigma_Bark posted:

This doesn't count as funny and is more than a simple glitch but I laughed maniacally when it happened, you know, that kind of crazy despairing laugh you do when no amount of cursing will fix a problem.

I was playing Virtue's Last Reward one night (maybe a week ago) and I was just getting started in the Pressure Exchange Chamber puzzle and after a few minutes my game just flat out froze and I couldn't do anything. Assuming it was nothing, I restarted my game and had blasted through 40 minutes of dialogue to get back to the PEC, saving my game once the escape started (Which I regret doing). Low and behold my game froze AGAIN and when I restarted my game again to load my save file; all I got was a black screen.

The long and the short of it is that I lost 30+ hours of game play and have to start all over again and hope my game doesn't, once again, die.

Thank you for listening.

You probably (I may not be reading this correctly?) stumbled onto a very well-known bug the 3DS version has where the game has a good chance of loving up your save file if you save during a puzzle sequence in a puzzle room. I wouldn't do that again.

(If you didn't do that or you're playing the Vita version you just got unlucky I guess)

Color Printer has a new favorite as of 17:50 on Jun 6, 2013

Kaboom Dragoon
May 7, 2010

The greatest of feasts

Sigma_Bark posted:

Thank you for listening.

I once had Disgaea on the PS2 screw up while saving and completely erase my memory card. On Christmas Eve.

It's always hard to recover from the loss of a save, but it is possible :unsmith:

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

He plays for the dreamers that forgot how to dream, and the lovers that forgot how to love.
Maybe we should start a group. :P My Memory Card nearly corrupted with my Skies of Arcadia save on it.

Kaboom Dragoon
May 7, 2010

The greatest of feasts

BioEnchanted posted:

Maybe we should start a group :P

loss.sav

Sigma_Bark
Jun 1, 2013

Color Printer posted:

You probably (I may not be reading this correctly?) stumbled onto a very well-known bug the 3DS version has where the game has a good chance of loving up your save file if you save during a puzzle sequence in a puzzle room. I wouldn't do that again.

(If you didn't do that or you're playing the Vita version you just got unlucky I guess)

Yeah I was playing the 3DS version and I was completely unaware of this before, thanks for informing me. But the first time it happened I hadn't saved before hand during the escape and when it crashed I could load up the novel sequence fine. I'd fathom that it's rather a fault with my game specifically... but idk. I did get it cheap in one of those retro/ used games stores so perhaps this glitch also happened to it's previous user. I'm currently watching an auction on ebay for another copy of the game, I wouldn't mind buying the game again on the cheap in the hopes that I can finish it proper.

This does give me time however to play through 999 which I totally didn't do before playing VLR. Aren't I the cool kid? XD

Brother Jonathan
Jun 23, 2008

Rectus posted:

While making a Left 4 Dead 2 Beta mutation, I accidentally applied a physics impulse on the world entity, with some weird results:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nw_w3cQlS3U

It reminds of the low-gravity mod for Chivalry: Medieval Warfare.

Lord Lambeth
Dec 7, 2011

RandomFerret posted:

I've been playing New Vegas myself, lately. I'm using a mod that lets you have multiple companions active at the same time, and it's going alright. Sometimes they make it hard to get into doorways, but it's pretty nice rolling through the mojave with a posse. I don't even keep a weapon equipped anymore, my crew takes care of any enemies before they even show up on my radar. But a week ago Arcade Gannon disappeared. I fast traveled somewhere and he didn't make it with everyone else. I checked the map and he was way up in the top left corner, outside of the playable area. I tried nudging my way up the cliffs but there's just no way to get there, the whole area is bordered with invisible walls. I gave up and left him there.

Last night I was loving around somewhere in the wasteland, and I see this speck in the distance. It's Arcade! He's finally found his way out of the impassable cliffs and come back to me! I run over to meet him, and he immediately starts yelling about me being a murderer and says he's leaving for good. I had activated the Archimedes death ray an hour earlier, and he'd run across the entire map just to tell me off for it.

I never even got the chance to sell him into slavery. :(

For future reference there is a console at the gun runners store that lets you fire all companions. I'm not sure if it will work on custom ones though.

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 4 days!

Kaboom Dragoon posted:

I once had Disgaea on the PS2 screw up while saving and completely erase my memory card. On Christmas Eve.

It's always hard to recover from the loss of a save, but it is possible :unsmith:

My friend accidentally erased my Sonic Advneture 2 Chao Garden. There is no recovering from that.

The only thing worse is losig a Pokemon save, which has happened to me... multiple times.

Slowflake
Aug 18, 2010

The horrors of medieval warfare. They won't show you this poo poo on the Discovery Channel.

Bro Nerd Alpha
Aug 27, 2012

going on pussy patrol
These are fun to see and all, interesting as well. But are they really THAT funny ?! I see some of these videos and people are loosing their poo poo, am I missing something ?

Hargrimm
Sep 22, 2011

W A R R E N

Bro Nerd Alpha posted:

These are fun to see and all, interesting as well. But are they really THAT funny ?! I see some of these videos and people are loosing their poo poo, am I missing something ?

Humor is subjective :ms:

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012
Buglord

Bro Nerd Alpha posted:

If you're loosing your poo poo then you probably need more fibre in your diet :v:

scarycave
Oct 9, 2012

Dominic Beegan:
Exterminator For Hire

Oh God, my sides. That was beautiful.

Rollersnake
May 9, 2005

Please, please don't let me end up in a threesome with the lunch lady and a gay pirate. That would hit a little too close to home.
Unlockable Ben
I love how "world's scariest plane landings" is in the related videos.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

This is awesome. Reminds me of playing Tribes.

sweeperbravo
May 18, 2012

AUNT GWEN'S COLD SHAPE (!)

Bro Nerd Alpha posted:

Try being either exhausted or inebriated in some fashion. It makes a world of difference. Some of these have made me actually ache from laughter, but then I watch them again in a "sober" state and it's more of a "Heh heh, how about that."

Twenty Drunk Apes
Jun 17, 2012

The mane you say? Please note that this is a pity avatar because even bronies feel sorry for this poster so :effort:.
So, uh, WVGCW (Women's Video Game Championship Wrestling) ended earlier today, and this thing happened at the end of an early table match.

don longjohns
Mar 2, 2012

Twenty Drunk Apes posted:

So, uh, WVGCW (Women's Video Game Championship Wrestling) ended earlier today, and this thing happened at the end of an early table match.

She just... she looks so tired.

In Skyrim you can do that thing where you "EPIC KILL" the dragon and like, jump on its head and stab it a bunch. That has never, ever lined up right for me, no matter what character I'm playing. I am always at least two to three feet away from that dragon's head, wailing at nothing with my weapon.

Haruharuharuko
Mar 24, 2008

Yeah I lied; so what is the truth?

Reive posted:

dijon du jour
Mar 27, 2013

I'm shy

Ferrovanadium
Mar 22, 2013

APEX PREDATOR

-MOST AMMUNITION EXPENDED ON CIVILIANS 2015-PRESENT
-WORST KDR VS CIVILIANS 2015-PRESENT

Link seems... confused.

Tiberius Thyben
Feb 7, 2013

Gone Phishing

In the spirit of the earlier WWE videos, I present to you WCW/nWo Revenge for the N64.

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.
Not a glitch per se, but Lowtax just posted a video of a really, really lovely GTA ripoff and I was dying throughout the whole thing:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qyfvSs2Om20

Robert Denby
Sep 9, 2007
Denial isn't just a river in Egypt, huh? Nah, get fucked mate.

Tiberius Thyben posted:

In the spirit of the earlier WWE videos, I present to you WCW/nWo Revenge for the N64.
And speaking again of Lowtax, the audio from the end of the video was used in this Flash Tub.

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

This game looks like it's a lot of fun. Has anyone here bought/played it? It's the kind of game that is bound to have hilarious glitches, too.

Bro Nerd Alpha posted:

If the 'Shaun!' Heavy Rain glitch didn't make you laugh, you're dead inside.

Phlegmish has a new favorite as of 01:49 on Jun 8, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

my dog boyfriend!!
Nov 21, 2008

Ben drowned