Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
escape artist
Sep 24, 2005

Slow train coming
Jason Mantzoukas is going to be on the next Dead Authors podcast as Plato. If you live in the area, go see it live. It's Friday.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

King Lou
Jun 3, 2004
They say the fittest shall survive, yet the unfit may live

Just posted an overdue Lou Reads the Internet for YOU from the silly pages of Dick Flash. Enjoy if you do and... I guess don't if you don't... But, why not try? Surely you want to hear about guys sharing stories of showing their dicks to their unsuspecting fathers... right?

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

Hi Lou. My wife and I listened to your podcast for the first time last week. It was about poop. I laughed and she became visibly ill.

I applaud.

toanoradian
May 31, 2011

The happiest waffligator

King Lou posted:

Just posted an overdue Lou Reads the Internet for YOU from the silly pages of Dick Flash. Enjoy if you do and... I guess don't if you don't... But, why not try? Surely you want to hear about guys sharing stories of showing their dicks to their unsuspecting fathers... right?

:stare:

It starts off creepy and almost fantastical (flashing your penis to a maid who might also liked it), moving on to stories of people showing their genitals to their dads, which becomes creepier every second, before finally you closed the podcast with a guy whose "objective is to come on her face/tits" of a 60-year-old woman and another guy who wants to wank discreetly while tutoring his 15-year-old pupil. :gonk:

This episode has an admirable progression from creepy to criminally creepy and it's not even that gross of a fetish. A good episode that I can recommend to people, but wouldn't.

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

Yeah there was some straight up illegal poo poo going on in that thread.

I never knew flashing a maid was a thing until now. Thanks. I guess. Also, obviously with the illegal stuff omitted, the dude and his fascination with his dad... :stare:

King Lou
Jun 3, 2004

toanoradian posted:

:stare:

This episode has an admirable progression from creepy to criminally creepy and it's not even that gross of a fetish. A good episode that I can recommend to people, but wouldn't.

Yeah. Thats a problem for me in general as far as growing an audience. Oh well!

escape artist
Sep 24, 2005

Slow train coming

King Lou posted:

Yeah. Thats a problem for me in general as far as growing an audience. Oh well!

Well, for what it's worth, that horrific description is what is going to lead me to actually listen to the podcast.

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

You were so scary at night.
Is there a Todd Glass Show thread?

I've been listening to a bunch of episodes again(mostly Rory Scovel eps) and I think the James Adomian episode with all the "Gentle On My Mind" parodies is one of the funniest things ever.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Heads up for any Eddie Pepitone fans, you can buy The Bitter Buddha documentary on their site now. I think it might've only been available on iTunes or something before today.

toanoradian
May 31, 2011

The happiest waffligator
Lou, did you ever actually cover poop-fetishists? Not stories about pooping, but actual coprophilia. I swore I listened to it before, but going through the website the closest thing I can find is the adult babies one.

King Lou
Jun 3, 2004

toanoradian posted:

Lou, did you ever actually cover poop-fetishists? Not stories about pooping, but actual coprophilia. I swore I listened to it before, but going through the website the closest thing I can find is the adult babies one.

I read from a section of FetLife that was all about eating poop and who really does it and who is a terrible faker. It was one of many super gross topics.

http://loureads.com/2011/11/07/lou-reads-horrible-fetish-chat-from-fetlife-com/

I also made this dumb video for the live version of my podcast based on that exact part of my podcast. I spent $75 making the t-shirts last minute for gag thats on screen for all of seconds...

https://vimeo.com/39436047

RightClickSaveAs
Mar 1, 2001

Tiny animals under glass... Smaller than sand...

LesterGroans posted:

Is there a Todd Glass Show thread?

I've been listening to a bunch of episodes again(mostly Rory Scovel eps) and I think the James Adomian episode with all the "Gentle On My Mind" parodies is one of the funniest things ever.
There was a thread but it dropped into the archives already. Rory and James Adomian are people who are funny enough to (mostly) cut through Todd's neuroses. The latest James Adomian episodes had some fantastic stuff, when Todd would stop micro-managing every tiny thing long enough to let him be funny.

"Pardon me, ma'am!

escape artist
Sep 24, 2005

Slow train coming

KimT posted:

Heads up for any Eddie Pepitone fans, you can buy The Bitter Buddha documentary on their site now. I think it might've only been available on iTunes or something before today.

Also, Amazon lowered their rental price of it from $10 to $4, if you only want to watch it once.

But if you buy it from that site you get some extra stuff, and more money goes to Eddie than if you had gotten it anywhere else.

Bunk Rogers
Mar 14, 2002

Garlin's episode with Tig might be the funniest podcast I've heard all year. Holy poo poo.

ChickenArise
May 12, 2010

POWER
= MEAT +
OPPORTUNITY
= BATTLEWORMS

RightClickSaveAs posted:

There was a thread but it dropped into the archives already. Rory and James Adomian are people who are funny enough to (mostly) cut through Todd's neuroses. The latest James Adomian episodes had some fantastic stuff, when Todd would stop micro-managing every tiny thing long enough to let him be funny.

"Pardon me, ma'am!

I was always a little sad to see that thread. Todd's podcast is probably my favorite. (I know, it's weird.) He's defienitely gotten me through some rough times, but it's a very difficult podcast to really get into deeply. Bits on top of bits that are derivative from bits that spawned from a failed bit.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

For the first 60 episodes or so it was one of my favourite podcasts, but it's gotten to the point where almost every single bit revolves around songs/singing/sound cues. The 20 minutes at the start of each episode where Todd gets emails and stuff out of the way isn't great either. I think the show also has a bad habit of running bits into the ground by doing them on like 10 consecutive episodes.

I love Todd though and I still listen to the podcast when there's a guest that I like. The recent James Adomian episodes were some of the best. The show also introduced me to Henry Philips who is great on every episode he's been on. Check out Henry's Kitchen on YouTube!

FitFortDanga
Nov 19, 2004

Nice try, asshole

Bunk Rogers posted:

Garlin's episode with Tig might be the funniest podcast I've heard all year. Holy poo poo.

"I'm from a foreign land and I don't know how to behave."

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007
I like Tig, so I'm tempted to listen to it but I grown to hate Jeff Garlin.

tnimark
Dec 22, 2009
Speaking of Tig, I think she's loving hilarious but I've never listened to Professor Blastoff because the idea of listening to comedians talk about philosophy sounds horrible to me. Is it actually a funny podcast? How much of it is funny and how much is serious talk? Is the serious talk interesting?

bravesword
Apr 13, 2012

Silent Protagonist
It kind of depends. Tig and Kyle are consistently hilarious, and David can be funny when he doesn't have his head up his rear end. Whether the serious topic is interesting tends to depend on the guest -- if they're strong and enthusiastic about the subject, they can keep it fun, but if they're too passive or deferential the hosts can't really carry it most of the time.

The major issue with the show is that you can't tell whether an episode is going to be one of the good ones until you're more than halfway through it. It's not a show where you can decide yea or nay based on the guest or the topic.

piratepilates
Mar 28, 2004

So I will learn to live with it. Because I can live with it. I can live with it.

Drunkboxer posted:

I like Tig, so I'm tempted to listen to it but I grown to hate Jeff Garlin.

It was pretty funny and I don't think Garlin would stick out that much to you in the episode.

Although he does have the worst laugh in the world, it doesn't even sound real, more like he's trying to force this huge cackle out.

Conduit for Sale!
Apr 17, 2007

bravesword posted:

Tig and Kyle are consistently hilarious, and David can be funny when he doesn't have his head up his rear end.

I agree with this but would note that the times when David isn't being awful are few and far between.

I said this in the Professor Blastoff thread but I think the premise of the show is dragging it down. Nobody really seems interested in the subjects except David, and when David talks about the subject he's at his worst.

RightClickSaveAs
Mar 1, 2001

It's so weird that there's a podcast "circuit" for comedians and celebrities now. I saw Seth Rogen's name pop up on Adam Carolla's podcast last week and was thinking "wow that's a good get", then looking at all the other podcasts that are coming out, turns out he's hitting a lot of them up to promote 'This is the End'. I haven't listened to the others yet, but he was a great guest on Carolla's. I can't dislike the guy, even though a lot of his movies have worn thin for me.

Nemo
Feb 24, 2001

Uh! Double up Uh! Uh!
Paul F. Tompkins has been on the last two Sparks Nevada episodes of The Thrilling Adventure Hour.

It's incredible. He even made the theme song better!

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

RightClickSaveAs posted:

It's so weird that there's a podcast "circuit" for comedians and celebrities now. I saw Seth Rogen's name pop up on Adam Carolla's podcast last week and was thinking "wow that's a good get", then looking at all the other podcasts that are coming out, turns out he's hitting a lot of them up to promote 'This is the End'. I haven't listened to the others yet, but he was a great guest on Carolla's. I can't dislike the guy, even though a lot of his movies have worn thin for me.

Haha yeah Rogan hit it hard. He did Carolla, Doug Loves Movies, WTF, Nerdist, and CBB all in a 2 week period.

benito
Sep 28, 2004

And I don't blab
any drab gab--
I chatter hep patter

RightClickSaveAs posted:

Every couple of months it happens when somebody will show up on *every* podcast. I think that the most disappointing for me was Jonathan Katz. Huge fan of Dr. Katz, love his standup, but he did an almost identical shtick on a dozen podcasts in the course of a week.

I find that some of my favorite episodes come on Kevin Pollak's Chat Show, because he interviews people that don't appear on a lot of others and with a good guest, you've got 2-3 hours of great stories. The recent one with Peter Farrelly was amazing, and the one with Dave Coulier gave me a whole new respect for that comedian.

Auritech
May 27, 2004

Blessed be the tailors
The masks are cut to fit

Blessed be the woodworkers
The crosses and the gallows

Blessed be the forgers of iron
And the spikes and the barbwire

Blessed be the stone cutters
It took a quarry to bury the dreams

Eltoasto posted:

Haha yeah Rogan hit it hard. He did Carolla, Doug Loves Movies, WTF, Nerdist, and CBB all in a 2 week period.

And tonight, he's on the Daily Show. This is a really big push for that "This Is The End" movie, it's just funny that now podcasts are on the same level as press junkets, except they get to hang out with other comedians and have fun instead of get the same dumb questions from entertainment press.

escape artist
Sep 24, 2005

Slow train coming
I was pretty bummed because I just don't like Seth Rogen. He's this generation's Adam Sandler, in my opinion. Same drat character in every movie. Plus, I look forward to CBB, WTF and DLM every week, and for him to tarnish all of them in a matter of 5 days left me with a podcast void.

Ariza
Feb 8, 2006

escape artist posted:

I was pretty bummed because I just don't like Seth Rogen. He's this generation's Adam Sandler, in my opinion. Same drat character in every movie. Plus, I look forward to CBB, WTF and DLM every week, and for him to tarnish all of them in a matter of 5 days left me with a podcast void.

That just made me sad, I love Rogen. Did you see Guilt Trip? It's Rogen's Punch Drunk Love and I think it'll put him in the big leagues.

RightClickSaveAs
Mar 1, 2001

I feel the same way about most of his movies, but listening to him on all these podcasts he's very likeable and funny.

Also watch Observe and Report, it's an overlooked movie that had an unfortunate release (came out right around Paul Blart Mall Cop). It's a fantastic dark comedy where he plays against his usual stoner happy-go-lucky character and shows a lot more range and dramatic acting.

Conduit for Sale!
Apr 17, 2007

Nemo posted:

Paul F. Tompkins has been on the last two Sparks Nevada episodes of The Thrilling Adventure Hour.

It's incredible. He even made the theme song better!

Who usually plays the character PFT is playing?

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
Last time he displaced Mark Evan Jackson as Sparks Nevada, this week it's Mark Gagliardi as Croach the Tracker, but both times PFT's playing a spy who's a really terrible mimic.
e: added spoiler tags which probably should have been here all along

Mr. Squishy fucked around with this message at 18:34 on Jun 11, 2013

Nemo
Feb 24, 2001

Uh! Double up Uh! Uh!

Conduit for Sale! posted:

Who usually plays the character PFT is playing?

In 119 he's Sparks and the real Croach is in the scene. In 121 he's Croach and the real Sparks is there.

It's probably more enjoyable if you've been following the episodes for a while, but you should all be doing that anyway.

Edit: beaten to it. Still, I hope this continues for a while, if only to hear more variety in the already great theme song

Conduit for Sale!
Apr 17, 2007

I've wanted to catch up with the show for a while but that's a lot of episodes to listen to, and the longer I wait the more episodes I have to catch up on. :(

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
You can leap onto these last 2 pretty easily. They'd just finished a story and near literally said "reset" at the start. You'll miss a few references and spoil an ending for yourself, but you could probably guess that Sparks would win anyway.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

escape artist posted:

Dude's done some stinkers but he's actually really great at playing the everyman in comedy while keeping some heart in it, and even if you don't dig his movies he's pretty great just as a guy being interviewed. I'd say at least try him on DLM, he was pretty funny there and since it's DLM it's not like the dude was the sole focus.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

Conduit for Sale! posted:

I've wanted to catch up with the show for a while but that's a lot of episodes to listen to, and the longer I wait the more episodes I have to catch up on. :(

TAH has several shows which rotate, so it's not 121 episodes of just Sparks Nevada. It should be noted that is the only show they have which relies heavily on continuity. The other shows have recurring characters, but they are stand alone for the most part. You can probably jump into Beyond Belief and Captain Laserbeam at any point.

Coco13
Jun 6, 2004

My advice to you is to start drinking heavily.
Paul throwing off Marc during the intro was loving amazing.
Also, Thrilling Adventure Hour is the bestest podcast. I'd say that the 'I'm From Earth Day' special is a good place to start.

Conduit for Sale!
Apr 17, 2007

Mierenneuker posted:

TAH has several shows which rotate, so it's not 121 episodes of just Sparks Nevada. It should be noted that is the only show they have which relies heavily on continuity. The other shows have recurring characters, but they are stand alone for the most part. You can probably jump into Beyond Belief and Captain Laserbeam at any point.

Yeah I know, I've been listening to Beyond Belief for a while. I've just never really listened to any of the other series.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tnimark
Dec 22, 2009
Sparks Nevada and Beyond Belief are definitely worth listening to. The others can be hit and miss for me.

• Locked thread