Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
mrpwase
Apr 21, 2010

I HAVE GREAT AVATAR IDEAS
For the Many, Not the Few

Dirty Frank posted:

It's intentional and very depressing.

It's alright, somewhere further to Clegg's left there's a railway line, and there'll be a train full of competent leftwingers coming through any day now :smith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dirty Frank
Jul 8, 2004

mrpwase posted:

It's alright, somewhere further to Clegg's left there's a railway line, and there'll be a train full of competent leftwingers coming through any day now :smith:

Its true, but they're all pissed.

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Yesterday's Daily Mail:

"Police can now prosecute drivers who hog the centre lane on motorways."

quote:

“We’ve timed you, Sunshine. You’ve been hogging the centre lane for over an hour now!”

Guardian:

Telegraph:

Independent:

Daily Mail:

quote:

‘Sorry. I can’t come to bingo tonight. I’m melting down a wind turbine.’

Express:

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe
Yay! *burns coal*

mfcrocker
Jan 31, 2004

Hot Rope Guy
Haha, Gideon looks terrifying in the Indy cartoon.

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Martin Rowson on Bilderberg – David Cameron has been accused of joining 'unaccountable clique of Davos men' at luxury hotel in Watford"

Telegraph:

Independent:

After Magritte.

Stephen Collins:

Answers Me
Apr 24, 2012

I don't usually like this guy's use of classic paintings for no real reason, but this is brilliant.

Kegluneq
Feb 18, 2011

Mr President, the physical reality of Prime Minister Corbyn is beyond your range of apprehension. If you'll just put on these PINKOVISION glasses...

Cloud Potato posted:

Stephen Collins:

poo poo. That's basically me with every mechanic ever. I do use my toolbox slightly more often than that though (it's an IKEA one and I assemble flat pack furniture with it...).

That said, much like this comment it's a bit of a mundane concept for a comic. I'm fully expecting him to draw a quirky, likeable comic about aeroplane food at some point.

Edit: VVVV - Oh god, that's even worse somehow. I really want to like his stuff but these are pretty lame. At least that one is actually political?

Kegluneq fucked around with this message at 11:47 on Jun 8, 2013

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
More Stephen Collins!

PrinnySquadron
Dec 8, 2009

I dunno, it's a nice reprieve from the constant reminders of how lovely our government is.

mfcrocker
Jan 31, 2004

Hot Rope Guy
It doesn't really work though, Bozza and Farage are cuddly on the outside and evil on the inside. Geese will loving MURDER YOU

Manic_Misanthrope
Jul 1, 2010

mfcrocker posted:

It doesn't really work though, Bozza and Farage are cuddly on the outside and evil on the inside. Geese will loving MURDER YOU

And yet It'd get more votes than the Lib Dems.

Trin Tragula
Apr 22, 2005

From the If... archives

In the Falklands War, the British task force arrives at the Falklands, under the command of Major-General Jeremy Moore. And, in If... , the British task force arrives at the Falklands, under the command of Major Political Correspondent Harry Hardnose.

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Observer:

Sunday Telegraph:

Independent On Sunday:

Fluo
May 25, 2007

Guardian:

Martin Rowson on the NSA surveillance revelations.
Debate around the extent of government surveillance in the US and the UK has intensified.

Telegraph:

Indy:

Daily Express:

Shock horror Daily Express is celebrity news.

Also news related to the other 3 cartoons today are about the NSA surveillance revelations.

"Law-abiding" citizens have "nothing to fear" from the British intelligence services, the foreign secretary says.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-22832263

President Barack Obama has defended newly revealed US government phone and internet surveillance programmes, saying they are closely overseen by Congress and the courts.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-22820711

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lWam4EWI48M

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hPewLiaCtlo

Also on the Guardian one today in the bottom left with the piss into swag, is a little jab at Alex Jones who was on Sunday Politics yesterday (I'm guessing) or just general Bilderberg Group.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xgBq6q4x8Fw
4:10 mark is when the interview starts, going full on :tinfoil: and kept getting told to shut up and wouldn't, ended up making Andrew Neil not being able to stop laughing. Also:

https://twitter.com/afneil/status/343679196532465666

Fluo fucked around with this message at 06:20 on Jun 10, 2013

hazza
Mar 25, 2005

I couldn't see him, therefore I knew he was there.

Fluo posted:

Daily Express:

Shock horror Daily Express is celebrity news.

Simon Cowell loving LOVES BEING EGGED.

Zephro
Nov 23, 2000

I suppose I could part with one and still be feared...

Fluo posted:

Guardian:

Martin Rowson on the NSA surveillance revelations.
Debate around the extent of government surveillance in the US and the UK has intensified.
Missed an obvious bit here by not putting an all-seeing-eye in the pyramid-shaped prism!

Ichabod Sexbeast
Dec 5, 2011

Giving 'em the old razzle-dazzle
Bottom left corner mate

FairyNuff
Jan 22, 2012

Ichabod Sexbeast posted:

Bottom left corner mate

I thought it was Big Ben signifying all the money going into the city and then it turning to piss.

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe

Geokinesis posted:

I thought it was Big Ben signifying all the money going into the city and then it turning to piss.

Cleverly, it appears to be both through the magic of perspective.

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Steve Bell on William Hague's statement about GCHQ and the secret NSA operation"

Telegraph:

Tories 'n' Europe.

Independent:

Express:

Kegluneq
Feb 18, 2011

Mr President, the physical reality of Prime Minister Corbyn is beyond your range of apprehension. If you'll just put on these PINKOVISION glasses...

Right back atcha, GCHQ! :confused:

That fox is at least accurately placed, not sure the same can be said for Big Ben.

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

Telegraph:

Independent:

Express:

Big News Sign!

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

Chiunque può essere Luther Blissett, semplicemente adottando il nome Luther Blissett

A handy tip for aspiring artists:

Children look exactly the same as old people but are one-half the size

hazza
Mar 25, 2005

I couldn't see him, therefore I knew he was there.

FullLeatherJacket posted:

A handy tip for aspiring artists:

Children look exactly the same as old people but are one-half the size

Also a handy tip for aspiring architects:

Schools look exactly the same as prisons.

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe

hazza posted:

Also a handy tip for aspiring architects:

Schools look exactly the same as prisons.

Do they actually look different from one another in the UK?

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Steve Bell on David Cameron's spin of the unemployment figures"

Telegraph:

NHS chief denies cover-up over gagging orders; David Warner 'attack on Joe Root' probed by Australia.

Independent:

"You've never had it so poo poo."

Express:

Frankie Fraser Wikipedia entry.

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
The cartoons continue until morale improves!

Guardian:

"Steve Bell on Recep Tayyip Erdoğan - Turkish leader says government has reached end of its patience with 'troublemakers' camped out in Istanbul."

Telegraph:

Queen's portrait defaced with spray paint in Westminster Abbey. I think it's Theresa May tagging.

Independent:

Google not paying taxes.

Express:

Pregnant woman 'glasses' Princess with large champagne bottle.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.

And that's Margret Hodge walking away. I'd recomend to the Americans in the thread to seek out her performances as head of the Public Accounts Committee. Primo rudeness to rich people. You can close your eyes and pretend it's making the slightest difference.

big scary monsters
Sep 2, 2011

-~Skullwave~-

I'm saying what I'm doing.
:goonsay:

I'm a fan of the fox, though. I look forward to the day the Express cartoons are nothing but hidden animals.

HCO Plumer GCB GCM
Apr 29, 2010

"Gentlemen, we may not make history tomorrow, but we shall certainly change the geography."

My "joke" is so unfunny that I can't even allude to the wit (since it contains none) and have to resort to basically explaining what the image is, as if providing subtitles for the hard of seeing-cartoons.

PRINCESS IS PREGNANT, CHAMPAGNE COMES IN A BOTTLE, BABIES DRINK FROM BOTTLES, IT IS A JOKE.

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

get meow this wack-ass crystal prison
Is the dude who does the Express cartoons like the British equivalent to JRROSE! from the American thread? I've only been reading since Maggie died but my god the Express cartoons are like walking down the hall in an art gallery past Rembrandts and Picassos then suddenly there's a fingerpainting from the curators 4 year old nephew.

Was he always like this?

Weldon Pemberton
May 19, 2012

big scary monsters posted:

I'm a fan of the fox, though. I look forward to the day the Express cartoons are nothing but hidden animals.

Some of the animals aren't even hidden in this one! Like the one with the baby bottle!

serewit posted:

Is the dude who does the Express cartoons like the British equivalent to JRROSE! from the American thread?

Kind of, if JRROSE! was obsessed with the royal family instead of his local womens' sports teams.

He obviously got the job pretty much for his love of the royals and otherwise milquetoast opinions, because his comics are really suited to the content of the Express in general.

Fluo
May 25, 2007

Last weeks IF...:

This weeks IF...:

Kissinger! :unsmigghh:

Kegluneq
Feb 18, 2011

The World's Biggest Nobs :wotwot:

Rude Dude With Tude
Apr 19, 2007

Your President approves this text.

SedanChair posted:

Do they actually look different from one another in the UK?

Sort of,

School:

Prison:

Though things change when you get to university.

University of Kent:

HMP Lincoln:

The Supreme Court
Feb 25, 2010

Pirate World: Nearly done!
Let's play a game. School or prison?

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Fluo posted:

Last weeks IF...:

Does the queen have a distinctly different accent than "normal" UK people?

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
Genuinely sad there's not a prison based on the Pantheon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Supreme Court
Feb 25, 2010

Pirate World: Nearly done!
Novelty prisons is an avenue that I'm sure G4S is considering right now. You're correct though, all schools!

• Locked thread