Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Unoriginal One
Aug 5, 2008

Harik posted:

I had to give up on my mystic for now - way too painful to level even in the 30s and I don't think anyone in-guild was near my level at the time.

For shits and giggles I rolled a popori as a fat bulldog smoking a pipe. I didn't want to go pure-DPS since I already have a sorcerer, so I went as a warrior. My internet poo poo the bed last night but aside from when it was really bad (30+ seconds of lag followed by returning in black&white) I was still able to get to level 25ish in one go.

I'd probably be mid 30s if I didn't have to back-quest through the tungawi swamp for some levels due to lag making it harder to play. It's amazingly easy-mode.

Do people solo warrior in defensive or aggressive stance? And are the smoke-shadow things worth while?

Mostly in aggressive, though there were a few times where I swapped for defensive to deal with BAMs I didn't know the tells for/too annoying to dodge reliably.

As for the smoke clones, I probably don't use them as much as I should. They're kind of situational, but they're really good at what they do.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Silly Newbie
Jul 25, 2007
How do I?
How well do berserkers do at pvp, with their slower charge up attacks? It seems like you'd spend a lot of time just getting mauled.

Also, is the safe bet just not to join the guild until a bit leveled to avoid punishment ganking from ~pr0 hardc0res~?

Meiteron
Apr 4, 2008

Whoa! You're gonna be a legend!
I've been missing Tera recently, so I have the client downloading in the background right now thinking I might bust out the Berserker for a few weeks to see if my Tera-burnout is gone.

I've been gone awhile, though (I think I left in October 2012), since before the move to F2P and a lot of the patch notes have sort of blurred together when I scan them. Figured I might get easier answers asking here:

1. When I left, endgame was basically ACHM, MCHM if you had a guild running it, Sirjuka Gallery and Nexus. How much have they added since?

2. Has Nexus changed at all from the 1-hour lagged-out hellscape I remember? Also does it still lag the entire server, everywhere, while it's happening?

3. My character was a 60Zerk with a +12 abyss axe and abyss gear of average enchantment. Is everyone at cap basically running Regent/Visionmaker now (or something different) or is that set still pretty viable?

4. Have there been any gameplay changes to Zerk since the patch which gave us the instant-chain vampiric blow?

I guess I'm mostly concerned about how much gear/instance/reputation catchup I'd have to do when I got back online, and how big a problem I'll have doing stuff until it IS caught up.

Phosphia
Jan 29, 2013

Oh you.. :>

Silly Newbie posted:

How well do berserkers do at pvp, with their slower charge up attacks? It seems like you'd spend a lot of time just getting mauled.

Also, is the safe bet just not to join the guild until a bit leveled to avoid punishment ganking from ~pr0 hardc0res~?

You'll most likely have a hard time trying to solo experienced players until level 58. That said, most people will probably die to you anyway not knowing better. Since the berserker has the largest mobility -> damage compensation, even the slightest CC will be just that more effective. Chances are you'll find someone to level and PvP with as you do quests. Berserkers excel at group PvP, where they can take advantage of a lot of CC and people not paying attention.

It's pretty easy to avoid ganks in Tera, you shouldn't worry too much about it. Just stay out of channel 1. I'd rather be ganked a couple of times for being in the guild than be left at the mercy of the global chat.

Phosphia fucked around with this message at 01:21 on May 30, 2013

KaneTW
Dec 2, 2011

Meiteron posted:

1. When I left, endgame was basically ACHM, MCHM if you had a guild running it, Sirjuka Gallery and Nexus. How much have they added since? COF, a variable difficulty instance with meh rewards. KN 10man which is really easy and KN 20man which is a bit harder. Latter drops gear with Regent stats but 4 enchantable lines and has a high chance to MW

2. Has Nexus changed at all from the 1-hour lagged-out hellscape I remember? Also does it still lag the entire server, everywhere, while it's happening? They pretty much fixed Nexus, it's ~20 minutes now and doesn't lag as much

3. My character was a 60Zerk with a +12 abyss axe and abyss gear of average enchantment. Is everyone at cap basically running Regent/Visionmaker now (or something different) or is that set still pretty viable? Yeah that still works. Regent is still expensive (thank god) and VM is still a fuckoff annoying grind (250k for a loving sorc disc design)

4. Have there been any gameplay changes to Zerk since the patch which gave us the instant-chain vampiric blow? No.

I guess I'm mostly concerned about how much gear/instance/reputation catchup I'd have to do when I got back online, and how big a problem I'll have doing stuff until it IS caught up.
Not much, you can just do the KN20 for gear if you feel like you need upgrades then do MCHM and quit the game

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010
I got a race change voucher for dirt cheap from some random schlub, how much can I actually sell it for?

Panic! at Nabisco
Jun 6, 2007

it seemed like a good idea at the time
Is the guild tapering off in activity? Whenever I log in, nobody seems to be online.

Kuai
May 25, 2004
Is it easier to farm gold at 60 nowadays? I'm leveling my old 40ish Sorcerer and would really like to redo how ugly he is and would rather spend gold than cash for a remake coupon. I just remember on my old 60 getting like maybe 100ish gold doing the few dailies.

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

but i dont wanna be a spaceship
Fun Shoe

Panic! at Nabisco posted:

Is the guild tapering off in activity? Whenever I log in, nobody seems to be online.

Unless I am mistaken, people have changed Guilds, pity, as I have just joined.

Phosphia
Jan 29, 2013

Oh you.. :>

Kuai posted:

Is it easier to farm gold at 60 nowadays? I'm leveling my old 40ish Sorcerer and would really like to redo how ugly he is and would rather spend gold than cash for a remake coupon. I just remember on my old 60 getting like maybe 100ish gold doing the few dailies.

Seems about right. If you take the time to do dailies and Nexus, gold is fairly easy to acquire.

Straithate
Sep 11, 2001

Bow before the might of the Clarkson!
With 100% quester gold you make 2,000 gold from dalies and Nexus will give you another 300-350.

Fixit
Mar 27, 2010

staberind posted:

Unless I am mistaken, people have changed Guilds, pity, as I have just joined.

Really?! Sad panda...who will turn off the PvP and bask in the good times?

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010
http://tera.enmasse.com/news/posts/...news+%28TERA%29

So basically if you got the Manchusen thing, you got boned. :v:

Straithate
Sep 11, 2001

Why? You got the mount for free if you managed to spell TERA, so overall a better deal and if anyone is angry about it being put in the cash shop -- you obviously haven't been playing this game for very long... Now if you mean that HP regen > MP regen, situational.

Straithate fucked around with this message at 02:23 on May 31, 2013

KaneTW
Dec 2, 2011

Fixit posted:

Really?! Sad panda...who will turn off the PvP and bask in the good times?

I'll still turn off PVP i just put my slayer into NFA and some other people followed. DGKK is still the goon guild.

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010

Straithate posted:

Why? You got the mount for free if you managed to spell TERA, so overall a better deal and if anyone is angry about it being put in the cash shop -- you obviously haven't been playing this game for very long... Now if you mean that HP regen > MP regen, situational.

Oh, I totally though it gave HP AND MP regen. HP regen'd be handy on my slayer, though.

Straithate
Sep 11, 2001

KaneTW posted:

I'll still turn off PVP i just put my slayer into NFA and some other people followed. DGKK is still the goon guild.

Do you have any guild suggestions? My friend and I need to break into end game content.... It's hard to tell which guilds are even clearing things regularly that are good but are also looking to recruit. With this must be skilled/experienced poo poo for pugs it's just annoying.

KaneTW
Dec 2, 2011

Hm. Royale and Requiem come to mind if you're looking for publicly recruiting guilds; NFA or TFT if you can get in there otherwise.

LonsomeSon
Nov 22, 2009

A fishperson in an intimidating hat!

Okay, I've been having the Unable to Download Manifest problem for the last week or so, and I finally sat down to try and get it fixed.

It turned out that I needed to modify my host file, which is the last listed solution on the EME customer help page for Unable to Download Manifest. I mention this here because at least two other people have posted about the same error; hopefully this will help you guys out.

Failboattootoot
Feb 6, 2011

Enough of this nonsense. You are an important mayor and this absurd contraption has wasted enough of your time.
I'm having a bit of a grass is greener dilemma. My main is a berzerker at 56, and I have a slayer at 28. There are things I like and hate about both and it's making it hard for me to make a decision.

Berzerker pros: I am a solo god. I haven't died while solo in forever. It is also fun as hell to round up 6 groups of things and murder them all. Damage seems good.

Zerker cons: Group play is obnoxious. I am slow. I end up missing charged attacks for aggravating reasons like the boss moving, getting hit by a whirl attack, or just straight knocked down while charging up. Some fights I spend so much time chasing some jerk around I don't feel like I've contributed much.

Slayer pros: Overhand strike is fun stuff. Lots of knockdown which I am a big fan of. Very mobile which I also like. Getting interrupted isn't as crippling a dps loss.

Slayer cons: It may just be my inexperience but it doesn't solo as well as the zerker. I miss with skills often (but that's something that will go away with continued play). Whirlwind is lame compared to cyclone. Mana issues. Leather armor looks stupid almost universally.

I guess what I am after is which of these is the silliest viewpoint from a high level mostly running dailies, dungeons and maybe raids perspective?

KaneTW
Dec 2, 2011

Dungeons -- Zerker is easy everywhere except MCHM, where it's the hardest class. Slayer is easiest melee for MCHM and generally fun to play.
Raids -- Slayer is a bit annoying in KN20, Zerker can just block the annoying attacks.

If you can deal with being slow, roll zerker. Otherwise go slayer.

Sing like a girl
Aug 8, 2011
Fffffinally.

And now I leave to go on holiday for several weeks.

KaneTW
Dec 2, 2011

:(

I snapped and bought dreamblade recipe, gently caress not having a decent weapon on my slayer. I'll do orbicular later i guess.

KaneTW
Dec 2, 2011

Sing like a girl
Aug 8, 2011
I thought you were rolling that for pvp?

Scrub pve orbicular:

KaneTW
Dec 2, 2011

Nah i was going to PVP roll my orbicular.

WanderingKid
Feb 27, 2005

lives here...

Kiss goodbye to the 3vs3 dream. :>

KaneTW
Dec 2, 2011

I'm gonna do 3s with that weapon just watch

Sing like a girl
Aug 8, 2011

KaneTW posted:

I'm gonna do 3s with that weapon just watch

I tested mine and it only does marginal more damage than a fraywind +9.

I take it the stun is very beneficial? Right now I'm probably getting conjunct gear for the rest in the interim. I don't tend to bother with PVP much because almost every time I have gone into bg, it's like the worst of global insult flinging. I farmed the drat weapon in EBG mostly because people in there are on average, more friendly. Albeit I got called a loving idiot yesterday for going to cap a node while everyone and his dog were fighting the naga - and we were 100 points off winning.

Edit: and I take it you too found that carving crux doesn't seem to do squat?

Sing like a girl fucked around with this message at 15:08 on Jun 6, 2013

KaneTW
Dec 2, 2011

I'm killing people left and right with my Dreamblade in BGs so I dunno. It definitely should have tons more damage than fraywind+9 because my disc obscura+12 does as much as my fraywind weapon.

Or to put it differently, the only difference between PVE and PVP rolls is 5 PVP damage and prone instead of boss and enraged. Which is pretty much nothing.

KaneTW fucked around with this message at 15:09 on Jun 6, 2013

Sing like a girl
Aug 8, 2011

KaneTW posted:

I'm killing people left and right with my Dreamblade in BGs so I dunno. It definitely should have tons more damage than fraywind+9 because my disc obscura+12 does as much as my fraywind weapon.

Or to put it differently, the only difference between PVE and PVP rolls is 5 PVP damage and prone instead of boss and enraged. Which is pretty much nothing.

One sec I'll go test it on my alt account.

Edit again! You can't get 2x PVP damage? Well on slayer, probably not. On sorc I could, so that would be 10 extra damage.

In theory people say attack speed is better on sorc, because you can get off a better rotation. In practice - the game tends to run worse in combat than standing still, and just casting arcane pulse for extra crit early on screws up the second chance to cast it under boc, because it lagged casting and is on cd before end.

So at the end of this I'm using the same rotation as with my regents with no attack speed and not doing much more damage in PVE either! Oh well, I got it purely to stop falling behind, so when new content is released I'll get first dibs at it.

Sing like a girl fucked around with this message at 15:15 on Jun 6, 2013

Sing like a girl
Aug 8, 2011
This is consistent damage from magma bomb, no crystals on

Fraywind:

Visionmaker PVE rolled:

Maybe I'm prone to being underwhelmed, but this doesn't seem a huge upgrade to me.

I'm in Japan for a month in um, poo poo, a week. Anyone know of a proxy I can use for when the marvellous Japanese train system shuts down at 11pm?

It's that, or give guild master to somebody who hardly ever logs in. My guild is reduced to only logging in for double drop weekends now.

Sing like a girl fucked around with this message at 16:03 on Jun 6, 2013

KaneTW
Dec 2, 2011

VM only really shines when you get back damage. I could ask a sorc with PVP rolled VM to test.

E: what kind of gloves did you have on?

KaneTW fucked around with this message at 16:28 on Jun 6, 2013

Sing like a girl
Aug 8, 2011

KaneTW posted:

VM only really shines when you get back damage. I could ask a sorc with PVP rolled VM to test.

Tbh I kinda got sick of people talking up VM on the official forums, saying it made you godlike in PVE when the maths just don't add up.

Oh, but with extra attack speed you can get this amazing rotation! Yep, no I can't because even with a good computer setup, I experience slowdown on at least one skill in a full rotation, which fucks the rotation.

Yep I can get that amazing rotation off on a bam with a lancer helping, in a deserted area with nobody else around (which is why I'm standing in that bit near megatol which is very difficult to reach and not supposed to be accessible.) Can't do it on queen for the life of me.

Sorc theorycrafting sucks balls.

Oh but if you race change to Elin, your arcane pulse always casts faster! You can definitely do that amazing rotation!

gently caress that I'm not race changing my main to Elin.

Does anyone know if rebinding on server change still works? I'm actually considering levelling an Elin to 60 and giving it all my old stuff. I got fed up at double drop weekend being constantly on CD for dungeon, and I'd play either one of my healers if it weren't for the fact that every time our healer goes LFG, he gets poo poo DPS in his group who can't stay alive in last few %, after they fail to clear on walk.

If rebinding still works I'll send an MCHM capable sorc over to MT for you guys to play with. As it stands I am stuck where I am, because somebody pinched my name on MT, and my name is very important.

Sing like a girl fucked around with this message at 16:38 on Jun 6, 2013

KaneTW
Dec 2, 2011

Yeah, rebinding works. I did some testing with another sorcerer with a PVP rolled weapon and got following results on autoattack:

Orbicular PVP: double attack, behind, prone, PVP damage
Orbicular PVE (yours): double enraged, behind, boss, attack
Measured eye: double boss, enraged, behind, attack
code:
Measured eye +12
1040 back
928 front

Orbicular +5 pvp
1263 back
1126 front

Fraywind +9
1027 front
1055 back
Difference PVP rolled VM to Fraywind from front is 9.6%, 20% from back. Difference with your PVE rolled VM is 6.7%. So basically you get ~3% from +5 PVP.

WanderingKid
Feb 27, 2005

lives here...

Retro Access posted:

I tested mine and it only does marginal more damage than a fraywind +9.

I take it the stun is very beneficial? Right now I'm probably getting conjunct gear for the rest in the interim. I don't tend to bother with PVP much because almost every time I have gone into bg, it's like the worst of global insult flinging. I farmed the drat weapon in EBG mostly because people in there are on average, more friendly. Albeit I got called a loving idiot yesterday for going to cap a node while everyone and his dog were fighting the naga - and we were 100 points off winning.

Edit: and I take it you too found that carving crux doesn't seem to do squat?

Fraywind +9 is kind of beastly. Its like the pvp equivalent of Sigil Adstringo (bind on pickup) gear. i.e. its base stats are really high so its alot better than its tier and enchantment level would otherwise suggest.

I'm still getting used to pvp in this game but one thing is absolutely clear from the outset. Stun/stagger lock is king in all pvp. OW, 1vs1, 3vs arenas, 15vs15 battlegrounds. Dueling sailocke's full conjunct warrior has been hilarious in a way. You spend at least half of the fight with zero control over your own character. Warrior has multiple ranged stuns/gap closers that come out instantly with no lock on required. You can't really anticipate it, you just have to zone an area around you as off limits and then time their cooldowns off your own skill timers so you know when you need to have retaliate up and when to precast fairy. At least one of those ranged stagger combos has a first hit stun with a longer range than my longest range damage skill.

Ironically the easiest way to get out of warrior stagger combos is to hope they knock you down, since you can retaliate and jaunt. That or you draw the fight onto non level terrain, where you ideally want to be facing down hill. Teleport jaunt can bug out pretty badly on non level terrain, especially when moving, but it screws them more trying to staggerlock you uphill with bad collision. Partly for this reason, you will never duel a warrior in town because theres no collision detection (and many if not all of their stagger combos and stun chains will fail).

If you ever get ganked by lancer/warrior or lancer/archer, the lockdown is pretty much unescapable really. The only way you can do is ensure you have a buddy that can do the same thing to one of them.

WanderingKid fucked around with this message at 20:41 on Jun 6, 2013

Monowhatever
Mar 19, 2010

I was thinking about picking up tera the only real question I have is: what is the open world pvp is like? is it very active or just lame and broken

GaylordButts
Feb 19, 2009
It's off, if the Dragongod Knightkings have anything to say about it. :colbert:

Alpha Mayo
Jan 15, 2007
hi how are you?
there was this racist piece of shit in your av so I fixed it
you're welcome
pay it forward~
There is no open-world RvR or PvP zones, just battlegrounds. If you mean solo/small PvP while leveling, characters can declare "Outlaw" with an ability they get, which temporarily lets you attack anyone (and anyone attack you).

Unless you are in Lumbertown. All Outlaws will obey the law in Lumbertown.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Impotence
Nov 8, 2010
Lipstick Apathy
Anyone know why I can't log in or register for an account?

It just says "Failed to generate fraud prevention signature" and my antivirus pops up something about iovation/reputationmanager/mpsnare malware attempted being loaded on the login page.

• Locked thread