Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

So DarnUI seems to be having problems- VATS is totally shot.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=150705867

It said it was having problems with Project Nevada. Anyone know what's up?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

willjbish
Nov 8, 2011
Are you using Unified Hud? http://newvegas.nexusmods.com/mods/38961/?tab=2&navtag=%2Fajax%2Fmodfiles%2F%3Fid%3D38961&pUp=1

I install Darn, Project Nevada, and then any other Hud mod. After that I run Unified Hud and everything works properly.

Brainamp
Sep 4, 2011

More Zen than Zenyatta

Been trying that project brazil mod. It's nice at the start, but it (the story) feels like a YA novel set in the wrong universe.

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

willjbish posted:

Are you using Unified Hud? http://newvegas.nexusmods.com/mods/38961/?tab=2&navtag=%2Fajax%2Fmodfiles%2F%3Fid%3D38961&pUp=1

I install Darn, Project Nevada, and then any other Hud mod. After that I run Unified Hud and everything works properly.

Doesn't seem to be working. I installed Nevada after DarnUI, but it's stuck before it in load order- is that a problem?

willjbish
Nov 8, 2011
Nah, The Nevada ESMs will always load before Darn.

You tried uninstalling Darn and Nevada then reinstalling them and running Unified Hud? If that didn't work then I'm not sure what the problem could be.

You could always try gopher's vids. The fist video deals with UI stuff.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I-3c1a9cLL8

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EGzt6rF7MYA&feature=plcp

Sitting through 40 minutes of video to fix one problem may not be your thing.

grack
Jan 10, 2012

COACH TOTORO SAY REFEREE CAN BANISH WHISTLE TO LAND OF WIND AND GHOSTS!
Is there a version of Sierra Madre on the Strip that isn't a giant piece of poo poo?

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

"The world is a hellish place, and bad writing is destroying the quality of our suffering."

grack posted:

Is there a version of Sierra Madre on the Strip that isn't a giant piece of poo poo?

Other than this one? I haven't found any others, no.

grack
Jan 10, 2012

Cream-of-Plenty posted:

Other than this one? I haven't found any others, no.

Dammit. It's a cool idea, but if you try bringing a companion it crashes 100% of the time.

i am tim!
Jan 5, 2005

God damn it, where are my ant keys?! I'm gonna miss my flight!
Hey, does anybody know how the ST Robot Race works with the DLC? I'm interested in trying it out with the Chem Immunity rules but I'm worried the healing items will be hard to come by when I'm out in the Big Empty or beating through the Sierra Madre. The mod notes don't mention anything about the DLC one way or the other, so if anybody's been through that way lemme know.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

i am tim! posted:

Hey, does anybody know how the ST Robot Race works with the DLC? I'm interested in trying it out with the Chem Immunity rules but I'm worried the healing items will be hard to come by when I'm out in the Big Empty or beating through the Sierra Madre. The mod notes don't mention anything about the DLC one way or the other, so if anybody's been through that way lemme know.

The Sierra Madre was a huge pain in the rear end. I ended up having to turn off the Chemimmunity for that section because it got ridiculously difficult without any healing.

The robot race is a hell of a lot of fun though, and I didn't have to disable the Chemimmunity for anything but Dead Money. Dead Money can go gently caress itself though.

SpitefulHammer
Dec 27, 2012
Dead Money is a huge pain in the rear end anyway, it's telling that there was a high rated mod to skip it entirely and just get the gear.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

i am tim! posted:

It's a blast and it works with all of them. Mowing down filthy humans with an LMG is great :allears: I've been wearing a ranger beret the whole time.

Anyway, the mod also adds the healing items to the leveled lists, and they show up in the Big MT and other DLCs. You can also turn most scrap metal / broken mechanical parts into their equivalent healing item at any workbench. The only DLC giving me difficulty so far (surprise surprise) is Dead Money, but I've gotten halfway through it and the biggest issue is my lack of melee skill.

Stim packs still work (but I don't know if that's an issue with the mod or something on my end) so that's been nice for Dead Money.

It's a little immersion breaking when ghouls call you pink skin and stuff though. :qq:

cis_eraser_420
Mar 1, 2013

Moridin920 posted:

It's a little immersion breaking when ghouls call you pink skin and stuff though. :qq:
Not nearly as immersion breaking as having the same happen when you mod the game to play as a ghoul yourself. :v:

cis_eraser_420 fucked around with this message at 15:23 on Jun 6, 2013

i am tim!
Jan 5, 2005

Moridin920 posted:

Eh, I figured this and the scene with the Think Tank would be kinda funny, but I just pretend my character awkwardly blurts "I-AM-A-ROBOT" like the Robot Ghost of Christmas Past from the Future when it comes up.

I'm going full on Energy Weapons so I'm a laser bot. Later on I plan on using the Auto Doc in OWB to drop Good Natured and pick up that trait that turns you into a big warbot. I figured that would look better than just bouncinga bout in Power Armor :v:

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

i am tim! posted:

Eh, I figured this and the scene with the Think Tank would be kinda funny, but I just pretend my character awkwardly blurts "I-AM-A-ROBOT" like the Robot Ghost of Christmas Past from the Future when it comes up.

I'm going full on Energy Weapons so I'm a laser bot. Later on I plan on using the Auto Doc in OWB to drop Good Natured and pick up that trait that turns you into a big warbot. I figured that would look better than just bouncinga bout in Power Armor :v:

Not really, the Warbot skin is pretty terrible and clips really badly.

The best thing to do with the robot race is to couple it with RobCo certified. Being a robot who runs around with a small army of crudely assembled robots and E-DE and goes through the wasteland is amazing.

Besides

Zore fucked around with this message at 22:22 on Jun 6, 2013

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

"The world is a hellish place, and bad writing is destroying the quality of our suffering."
If people like the Robot Race, the same author's got a Super Mutant equivalent that's pretty cool. Still doesn't help that people are calling you "human" and "pink skin", but it's a nice novel change of pace from playing as a human.

i am tim!
Jan 5, 2005

Zore posted:

Not really, the Warbot skin is pretty terrible and clips really badly.

The best thing to do with the robot race is to couple it with RobCo certified. Being a robot who runs around with a small army of crudely assembled robots and E-DE and goes through the wasteland is amazing.

Besides

I've thought about that, but as it is, ST Robot Race seems to be the mod that's starting to break my game's back. This run through is proving to be a bit more unstable than my previous ones! I'd worry RobCo Certified would bend my game over and just break it. THat said I'm otherwise COMPLETELY convinced that would be amazing and want to do just that.

That's a shame about the warbot trait looking like crap. My end game plan involves lots of armor and a gatling laser, but I don't want my awesome robot self covered head to toe in power armor so I just look like Just Another Dude in Power Armor. I'll have to look around for something else that looks badass. Or just use the signature armor mod :v:

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
I wear power armor without the helmet. The T-51B looks like it was made for the robot's head, same green tint even. Then just a beret.

I look like an NCR killing machine even though I work for House.

NovaPolice
May 9, 2006
I don't know if this is the best topic for it, but:

I played through Fallout 3 once after it was released, and didn't touch it again. Didn't do the DLC, missed a lot of stuff in the gameworld, didn't really play any quest mods.

If I were to finish up the Fallout 3 content, would it be better to play it directly through 3, or does the New Vegas merge thing work better?

grack
Jan 10, 2012

SpitefulHammer posted:

Dead Money is a huge pain in the rear end anyway, it's telling that there was a high rated mod to skip it entirely and just get the gear.

Out of all the DLCs I like the gameplay in Dead Money the most. It's a pain in the rear end and writing kind of blows, but it's still better than the endless fetch quests of OWB and Honest Hearts. Lonesome Road was okay but way over the top.

TehGherkin
May 24, 2008

grack posted:

Out of all the DLCs I like the gameplay in Dead Money the most. It's a pain in the rear end and writing kind of blows, but it's still better than the endless fetch quests of OWB and Honest Hearts. Lonesome Road was okay but way over the top.

I've played HH and OWB but not Lonesome Road yet (Why I skip over most conversations about it, a lot of people here and in the NV thread seem to think since it's been out a while, no spoilers are needed. Which is ridiculous, really, when spoilers are still needed for FO1 & 2 with the amount of new people playing them) but I'm gonna have to disagree pretty strongly.

I'm in the few that didn't mind Dead Money's gameplay, although I found the radios and the PINK FOG OF DEAAAATH kind of annoying. However, I think the writing is bloody fantastic.

Moridin920 posted:

Spoilers are needed for Fallout 1 + 2? News to me.

There are a lot of people who haven't played them who are going to play them. There are plenty of people who have played them and not seen all the content and all the endings (Including me.)

I think it's common courtesy to spoiler most things apart from poo poo you can't be on the internet for more than a month without knowing (AERIS DIES, MAN)

TehGherkin fucked around with this message at 21:22 on Jun 7, 2013

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Spoilers are needed for Fallout 1 + 2? News to me.

The Cheshire Cat
Jun 10, 2008

Fun Shoe

NovaPolice posted:

I don't know if this is the best topic for it, but:

I played through Fallout 3 once after it was released, and didn't touch it again. Didn't do the DLC, missed a lot of stuff in the gameworld, didn't really play any quest mods.

If I were to finish up the Fallout 3 content, would it be better to play it directly through 3, or does the New Vegas merge thing work better?

The new Vegas merge is apparently quite stable now, and honestly it's a lot more interesting with all the extra NV features. One thing is that you do need all the DLC to use it.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

The Cheshire Cat posted:

The new Vegas merge is apparently quite stable now, and honestly it's a lot more interesting with all the extra NV features. One thing is that you do need all the DLC to use it.

Can I install it onto an existing NV game and just take a train to the Capital Wasteland or do I have to start a brand new game?

What's mod compatibility like? I want to shoot filthy humans as a robot in DC.

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
Is there a weapon or a mod or something that detonates all the explosives a character is carrying? There's been a few times when I've gotten killed in a large group of enemies and wanted all my grenades and mines to go off as a final 'gently caress you'. Also I would use it on Powder Gangers.

The Cheshire Cat
Jun 10, 2008

Fun Shoe

Moridin920 posted:

Can I install it onto an existing NV game and just take a train to the Capital Wasteland or do I have to start a brand new game?

What's mod compatibility like? I want to shoot filthy humans as a robot in DC.

You absolutely will need to start a new game and it's doubtful your old saves will work correctly at all. It starts you in fallout 3 though so it's easy enough to get started.

Mod compatibility is very good: most new Vegas stuff works just as well in the capital wasteland as it does in NV. Their website also has instructions on how to import fallout 3 mods so you can use stuff like wasteland streetlights and such (it's best to not go too heavy on FO3 mods though).

The only mods that might cause issues are weather mods, and really the only problems would be that tranquility lane and operation anchorage won't look right (but they'll still play fine). If you know how to script in the New Vegas GECK the fix is pretty easy too (you just have to add an exclusion for those zones in whatever script your weather mod uses).

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Any word on the effectiveness of this Auto Purge Cell Buffers mod?

http://newvegas.nexusmods.com/mods/49319/

Edit: Checked comments. Oh.

quote:

Basically any mod that has it's own menu (not through MCM) this mod breaks almost entirely

SplitSoul fucked around with this message at 16:49 on Jun 7, 2013

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.
Any reason you need it? It is the same thing as typing pcb in the console, although this has been reported to reduce stability in some games.

Raygereio
Nov 12, 2012

SplitSoul posted:

Any word on the effectiveness of this Auto Purge Cell Buffers mod?
http://newvegas.nexusmods.com/mods/49319/
Purging cell buggers won't have any real anti-crash effect. However, if you notice New Vegas becoming more and more sluggish (increase in stuttering, menus becoming unresponsive, containers taking an age to open) during a play session, then the PCB command can help to keep the game playable without having to resort to restarting the game every 30 minutes.
If you don't have that problem, then I wouldn't bother with it.

That said, I haven't tested this "ZAPCB", so I can't comment on it specifically. I use another auto-PCB mod.

Raygereio fucked around with this message at 21:31 on Jun 7, 2013

TehGherkin
May 24, 2008
I'm using a mod that adds smokable cigarettes both as an item to wear and a chem to use. The problem with this is the author has included cigarette withdrawal and while it may be entirely realistic that every hour to two hours I crave a cigarette (In real life, it's probably more often), in new vegas, time isn't scaled realistically, so every couple minutes I suffer cigarette withdrawal which is a hit to agility and my intelligence, as well as an annoying as hell little blurry effect.

Would I be able to edit the mod to change it up? I'd like to make the withdrawal a hit to your charisma only, as I've found after a few hours without a smoke I'm a bit irritable but I'm not really sluggish or less intelligent, I'd also like to change the rate of withdrawal, if possible.

If not I'm gonna remove it and just use the cosmetic cigarettes only someone else posted, because that sure is irritating.

EDIT: Thanks, will do that before I next play

TehGherkin fucked around with this message at 00:48 on Jun 8, 2013

Hobo on Fire
Dec 4, 2008

TehGherkin posted:

I'm using a mod that adds smokable cigarettes both as an item to wear and a chem to use. The problem with this is the author has included cigarette withdrawal and while it may be entirely realistic that every hour to two hours I crave a cigarette (In real life, it's probably more often), in new vegas, time isn't scaled realistically, so every couple minutes I suffer cigarette withdrawal which is a hit to agility and my intelligence, as well as an annoying as hell little blurry effect.

Would I be able to edit the mod to change it up? I'd like to make the withdrawal a hit to your charisma only, as I've found after a few hours without a smoke I'm a bit irritable but I'm not really sluggish or less intelligent, I'd also like to change the rate of withdrawal, if possible.

If not I'm gonna remove it and just use the cosmetic cigarettes only someone else posted, because that sure is irritating.

I'm not sure how the rate of withdrawal works, but you should* be able to load up the mod in the GECK and edit the effects easily enough. Vanilla withdrawal effects are located under "Game Effects" then "Actor Effect." Sorting by the FormID (second column, you may need to widen it to see it) should put the cigarette withdrawal effect at or a near the top. From there you can open the effect, and see all the individual things that happen when suffering from it; just delete the aspects you don't want.

*I think. Save a copy of the .esp before you make any changes in case this fucks your game up. Also, make a save in-game where you have NO addictions before trying to add in an edited .esp. If you already have the addiction when you load the game, you might be stuck with all the old effects.

GamingHyena
Jul 25, 2003

Devil's Advocate
Can anyone recommend a mod with more cowboy guns? I love the sturdy caravan shotgun but would love to see a 12 gauge over/under.

Mr.Hotkeys
Dec 27, 2008

you're just thinking too much
This got posted a while back and the armor was identified, but can someone tell me where that headset comes from? It's not Spice of Life like the armor unless I'm dumb and missed it.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS
Looks like the one used for the Niner companion, and all that one indicates is "contact JackoO for the mesh"

I have a question about interior lighting. I've been cycling through ENBs lately and the problem I'm finding is a lot of interior lighting is too directional (so you get really harsh relief shadows) and too dark.

I'm wondering how easy is it to tweak interior lighting - or whether or not Interior Lighting Overhaul would help? It says "makes dark things darker!" which is sort of the opposite of my interest.

Psion fucked around with this message at 19:58 on Jun 8, 2013

Mr.Hotkeys
Dec 27, 2008

you're just thinking too much

Psion posted:

Looks like the one used for the Niner companion, and all that one indicates is "contact JackoO for the mesh"

Thanks, looks like it comes from here and isn't its own thing but shouldn't be too hard to nifskope elsewhere.

Psion posted:

I'm wondering how easy is it to tweak interior lighting - or whether or not Interior Lighting Overhaul would help? It says "makes dark things darker!" which is sort of the opposite of my interest.

I haven't used ILO for over a year but my experience last time was that it made many indoor environments prohibitively darker, like Ranger Andy's shack was just pitch black, so that definitely won't help. As for tweaking it, you'd have to go into the GECK and add light sources through there, but I've never done anything like that so I can't comment on how hard that is.

cis_eraser_420
Mar 1, 2013

GamingHyena posted:

Can anyone recommend a mod with more cowboy guns? I love the sturdy caravan shotgun but would love to see a 12 gauge over/under.

The Armory has just what you're looking for. Also, Milennia made a rad Mare's Leg which you can find on the Nexus. There's also this pack of guns made by some former Nexus modder who got banned which got reuploaded a while back and it has a few nice shotguns as well.

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

Psion posted:

I have a question about interior lighting. I've been cycling through ENBs lately and the problem I'm finding is a lot of interior lighting is too directional (so you get really harsh relief shadows) and too dark.

It might be possible to just open up ILO in FNVEdit (so that you have a convenient list of all of the cell lighting edits) and then change the values to brighten up the cells. Save and use the mod as if you had never tweaked it. It'd definitely be simpler than making your own plugin, especially since you just want to make poo poo brighter. It's been a long time since I played around with those values, so I can't really give extensive advice, but this would be the route I'd take.

Floppychop
Mar 30, 2012

I'm doing a new playthrough on a fresh install on a new computer.

I forgot how much of a pain installing a mod for a body type is. I just want some neat armor for my female character. First caveat is digging through NVNexus for something that isn't turbo-slut. Then I find out almost every armor needs Type 3 or Type 6 body.

Smol
Jun 1, 2011

Stat rosa pristina nomine, nomina nuda tenemus.

Floppychop posted:

I'm doing a new playthrough on a fresh install on a new computer.

I forgot how much of a pain installing a mod for a body type is. I just want some neat armor for my female character. First caveat is digging through NVNexus for something that isn't turbo-slut. Then I find out almost every armor needs Type 3 or Type 6 body.

http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Joshua_Graham%27s_armor

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Floppychop
Mar 30, 2012

Yeah, that armor is nice, but I'm thinking that just consoling it in would be a bit overkill. Character is level 6 now, and I'm still not giving a gently caress about damage wearing only the armored Vault 13 jumpsuit.