Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BrainDance
May 8, 2007

Disco all night long!

Cameron posted:

I can top that. Today is my Friday.

It's like everyones Friday though, right? Its a holiday.

I still gotta get up on Friday though cuz its my birthday and for some reason we still gotta do lunch not dinner.

Edit: Aesis, you just dont understand Korean character. We have to stay diligent.

BrainDance fucked around with this message at 15:47 on Jun 5, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aesis
Oct 9, 2012
Filthy J4G
If firearms were allowed, you'd hear it a lot on evening news of how people would go back to their homes during an heated argument, pull it out and shoot.

On the joke of being communist, UK conservative party would be considered left wing in Korea :v:. My parents consider me left wing just because I believe in noblesse oblige.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer

Aesis posted:

Typical Korean conservative response. Is that the best you can come up with?

Why do home owners who use way less electricity have to pay multiple the amount of money compared to industries that use megawatts' worth of electricity in literally blink of an eye? Is it really justifiable because 'they provide jobs'? Do you even realize that they pay minimal amount to profit lot more for themselves?

Hey now, if they hired more people, Korean sla-Employees wouldn't have to work longer hours than Victorian child laborers. Can't have that.

Korea #1.

Bugblatter
Aug 4, 2003

Edit: nevermind.

BrainDance
May 8, 2007

Disco all night long!

Thanks Bugblatter you loving ruined it.

vanity slug
Jul 20, 2010

Aesis posted:

Typical Korean conservative response. Is that the best you can come up with?

Why do home owners who use way less electricity have to pay multiple the amount of money compared to industries that use megawatts' worth of electricity in literally blink of an eye? Is it really justifiable because 'they provide jobs'? Do you even realize that they pay minimal amount to profit lot more for themselves?

Is the chaebol not entitled to the sweat of its brow?

Gildiss
Aug 24, 2010

Grimey Drawer
You can't blame us for enslaving the Koreans, they're just so gosh darn servile!

-Japan

Teikanmi
Dec 16, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Does anyone go in to work on Friday though?

Aesis
Oct 9, 2012
Filthy J4G
Even If they hired more, they'd still work till late until the boss leaves or something. Heh.

Maxsmart
May 24, 2008

Mexichat

Cameron posted:

I do, if you're wanting to be a dick about it.

caberham
Mar 18, 2009

by Smythe
Grimey Drawer

Toussaint Louverture posted:

I'm on the 24th. :c00l:

Anyone higher than me?

Seventy loving six.

76 / 24 >= 3 :smuggo:

But I still get mosquito bites! :bang:

Teikanmi
Dec 16, 2006

by R. Guyovich
There ain't even a building that tall here bro! I'm calling bullshit.

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

Gildiss posted:

I have successfully sealed my room from mosquitos.

HAHAHAHAHAHA, you're cute. These loving 'squiters are the same ones that found their way past my chem gear that supposidly protects me from nerve gas and confirmed to protect me from tear gas. These devil mosquitos will find a way, life always finds a way.

erobadapazzi
Jul 23, 2007
I'm hoping being on the 19th floor will help keep centipedes out.

As for Friday, my main school is closed but I'm at a different school on Friday. So I have class.
Heading to Byeonsanbando for the weekend though. Anybody ever been? Looking for hiking tips and romantic stuff (1st anniversary trip).

vodkat
Jun 30, 2012

cannot legally be sold as vodka
:siren: Sirens !!! :siren:

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

L-l-look at you bar-bartender, a-a pa-pathetic creature of meat and bone, un-underestimating my l-l-liver's ability to metab-meTABolize t-toxins. How can you p-poison a perfect, immortal alcohOLIC?

Cameron posted:

Most people, yes.

Nexus42
Jul 5, 2003

Sorry for the Inconvenience
I'm currently working in Busan at a Hagwon. My contract is up at the beginning of December and I want to work in Seoul next year. When should I start looking for a position? Also, would it be better to look for a position that starts in January? Working with kids is fine, I'd just like to be in a good location in Seoul.

Nexus42 fucked around with this message at 03:39 on Jun 6, 2013

Gildiss
Aug 24, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Nexus42 posted:

I'm currently working in Busan at a Hagwon. My contract is up at the beginning of December and I want to work in Seoul next year. When should I start looking for a position? Also, would it be better to look for a position that starts in January? Working with kids is fine, I'd just like to be in a good location in Seoul.

If you're a girl, you can take my job at a private kindy/hagwon on the line 6 subway.
I was a rush hire so that's the only reason they took a man. I doubt they will hire anyone but women either.
I tried to get Pat a job here last year but they took someone with no experience, but she is a redhead!

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer
I "work" on Friday.

caberham posted:

Seventy loving six.

76 / 24 >= 3 :smuggo:

But I still get mosquito bites! :bang:

Yeah, but you're a bourgie in Hong Kong. That's a different league. Also go guest in the Sleeping Dogs LP you dick!

Nexus42
Jul 5, 2003

Sorry for the Inconvenience

Gildiss posted:

If you're a girl, you can take my job at a private kindy/hagwon on the line 6 subway.
I was a rush hire so that's the only reason they took a man. I doubt they will hire anyone but women either.
I tried to get Pat a job here last year but they took someone with no experience, but she is a redhead!

I'm a guy. Might be worth a shot though :dance:

DontAskKant
Aug 13, 2011

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THINKING ABOUT THIS POST)

Nexus42 posted:

I'm a guy. Might be worth a shot though :dance:

Well, take your summer vacation in Thailand and fix that. Then you can get all the sweet jobs.

Bugblatter
Aug 4, 2003

Someone asked me to post this when I got around to uploading it:

http://www.ryanswartz.com/blog

(My own hosting, of course)

vodkat
Jun 30, 2012

cannot legally be sold as vodka
Thanks!

vodkat fucked around with this message at 12:01 on Jun 6, 2013

Aesis
Oct 9, 2012
Filthy J4G

DontAskKant posted:

Well, take your summer vacation in Thailand and fix that. Then you can get all the sweet jobs.
Or do it in Korea. That plus full plastic surgery should be cheap enough.

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

Aesis posted:

Or do it in Korea. That plus full plastic surgery should be cheap enough.

Real talk, the... Gender surgery in Thailand is top notch. Korea is a poor imitation, if you could find a doc to do it at all.

Maxsmart
May 24, 2008

Mexichat
Just get a few holes drilled and get some good false boobs, dick, vagina, etc. Make yourself into gender reassignment Mr./Mrs. Potatohead. Just pick the body parts you will need for the day and attach them.

e. I will do this for :10bux:

Aesis
Oct 9, 2012
Filthy J4G
You're still biologically same gender though.

If you're like me and have old korean citizen number system (male starts with 1, female with 2, after the birthday) people will be asking 'why do you have male code but have female body?'

Aesis fucked around with this message at 09:24 on Jun 7, 2013

poly and open-minded
Nov 22, 2006

In BOD we trust

Gender is a product of society. Sex is the product of biology :smug:

BrainDance
May 8, 2007

Disco all night long!

So that makes me wonder.

You can like get all that changed in America right? So your paperwork would say you're whatever you identify as and as far as immigration would know you're whatever.

But then if you get found out in Korea would immigration change it since they dont recognize (im assuming) sex changes in Korea? Would they ignore it? Would they kick you out for falsifying your documents?

I mean, hypothetical bizarre scenario where immigration or something somehow magically finds out in an undeniable way.

And is that weird guy still trying to learn Korean and come over here?

And yeah Aesis this is a safe zone don't go pushing your gender assumptions on us.

Aesis
Oct 9, 2012
Filthy J4G
I'm not trying to push gender assumption. I'm sorry if I offended anyone. I didn't mean any offense at all, but was merely trying to give examples. I do admit I was being lazy with typing because I was on my phone, and didn't imply things clearly.

As for immigration office, who knows?

If you're Korean or have Korean citizen number it's easy to tell what gender you were born with, since the citizen number never changes unless there's a court order. The start number of last 7 digits defines your gender, 1 and 3 being male and 2 and 4 being female. 5 and 7 are for foreign male and 6 and 8 are for foreign female. (Digits starting with 3, 4, 7, 8 were made later.)

Majority of Koreans don't like (tolerate would be more correct) LGBT, so the Koreans who underwent transgender surgery had it hard, because they were permanently labelled the gender they were born with (unless they file for change, which is now accepted.). It isn't a western society where you can be open about it and be accepted for who you are, but instead will have to hide it because of who you were. People in Korea shout for equal rights and yet shun away from LGBT.

Since I study in UK and go back home (Korea) during holidays it's a totally different experience in every way. In one society things are openly accepted, while in the other it's not tolerated at all.

edit: Adding to the citizen number, it's only recently (March 2013) that you can file for change without undergoing surgery. But Korea still has long way to go.

Aesis fucked around with this message at 14:30 on Jun 7, 2013

BrainDance
May 8, 2007

Disco all night long!

Yeah I'm just loving with you man, we all know what you meant.

There are transgendered bars all over here though, I just wonder whose going to them. I've never met a Korean transgendered person. There's a guy I see walking around my hagwon sometimes in a skirt and one of those Australian stereotype hats, but I think he's just strange not transgendered.

And every hagwon has that one girl who looks like a boy, has a boy haircut, talks like a boy and always asks "do you think I'm a boy or a girl?" so that's something I guess.

Teikanmi
Dec 16, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Determining the gender of Korean children can be really difficult sometimes if their moms give them those boyish bowl cuts.

AmbientParadox
Mar 2, 2005

Cameron posted:

Determining the gender of Korean children can be really difficult sometimes if their moms give them those boyish bowl cuts.

To be fair, their parents could be fuced up and be wanting a child of the opposite sex and then force their child into that role.

Ojjeorago
Sep 21, 2008

I had a dream, too. It wasn't pleasant, though ... I dreamt I was a moron...
Gary’s Answer
Anyone have a recommendation for a good Korean<->English dictionary for Android? Google Translate is pretty poo poo at Korean.

Huxian
Nov 12, 2008

"It's not just the swearing either. She's got quick fists too."

Whizbang posted:

Anyone have a recommendation for a good Korean<->English dictionary for Android? Google Translate is pretty poo poo at Korean.

I use the Naver app.

Maxsmart
May 24, 2008

Mexichat
Attitudes can change really fast, so don't assume Korea will never change. Hell, in the late 80's only 10% of Americans supported same-sex marriage. It's up to 60% now.

Stay Safe
Sep 1, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
The Dream of the 80s is alive in Korea

Momonari kun
Apr 6, 2002
Yes, you needed video.
I was wondering if anybody in the Seoul area (or outside, guess it doesn't matter) would be interested in a kitten. Found it in front of my house. It's by my guess about 6-8 weeks old, but I honestly have no clue. I'll post a picture later, but it's white and orangey. It's not a newborn. Don't have a smart phone any more so no Kakao chat, but give me a text message at 010-5131-7314 if you know anyone or you yourself are interested.

Aesis
Oct 9, 2012
Filthy J4G

Dead Man Posting posted:

The Dream of the 80s is alive in Korea
More like 70s. President Park! The glorious leader shall guide us like her father did! :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Momonari kun
Apr 6, 2002
Yes, you needed video.
Here's a picture. Please love him.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

• Locked thread