Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Prism
Dec 22, 2007

yospos

jonthegm posted:

I literally just did the same thing. I KS too much already, but I caught the Hex fever from this thread.

I won't lie; this thread did kind of help me make up my mind.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tijag
Aug 6, 2002

jonthegm posted:

I literally just did the same thing. I KS too much already, but I caught the Hex fever from this thread.

due to stretch goals, Champion and up get an extra starter deck and 3 months of VIP for free.

Champion is the best value to me in the lower tiers.

360k goal - Champion and above get all the Gear for the Exclusive PVE cards

540k goal - champion and above get a free 3 month VIP program enrollment [3 months you get 1 booster pack a week, VIP program is $4 a month normally, so $12 value]

860k goal - Champion and above get Dragon's Blood KS exclusive Starter deck.

Prism
Dec 22, 2007

yospos
I hesitate to call $85 a lower tier. I mean, I guess compared to all the ones at $250 but it sure isn't cheap; it is certainly more than I would be comfortable spending under many circumstances.

I am tempted though. I'm more confident in Hex than a lot of Kickstarters.

Prism fucked around with this message at 18:11 on Jun 7, 2013

signalnoise
Mar 7, 2008

i was told my old av was distracting

Hieronymous Alloy posted:

Arg, one of my friends is all "Hey I can't find the link, can you just add on like a $25 pledge for me" and I'm thinking "ack! there are like five zillion people trying to snipe my Grand King! I don't want to *touch* the "manage my pledge" page!"

I sent him a direct link, I hope he gets it >_<

You can just buy a paypal one, I bought 5 20 dollar pledges

.. i hope that don't gently caress me

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

In about 15 minutes they're going to do a live twitch countdown to the end of the Kickstarter.

pumpinglemma
Apr 28, 2009

DD: Fondly regard abomination.

Oh wow - I thought we probably wouldn't make this stretch goal, but it looks like we only have about $59,000 to go and the total's rising rapidly. Considering there will probably have been a lot of Paypal contributions today we might actually be in with a chance...

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

I believe they just announced it's $39k to go.

E: Yep, Paypal just shy of $200k.

Jedit fucked around with this message at 18:39 on Jun 7, 2013

DMW45
Oct 29, 2011

Come into my parlor~
Said the spider to the fly~

tijag posted:

due to stretch goals, Champion and up get an extra starter deck and 3 months of VIP for free.

Champion is the best value to me in the lower tiers.

360k goal - Champion and above get all the Gear for the Exclusive PVE cards

540k goal - champion and above get a free 3 month VIP program enrollment [3 months you get 1 booster pack a week, VIP program is $4 a month normally, so $12 value]

860k goal - Champion and above get Dragon's Blood KS exclusive Starter deck.

The Lotus Garden in King is worth the $35, I think. If nothing else, I think you could probably sell it for more than $35 at some point.

OBi
Feb 27, 2005

HQ BN A CO BEARMAT
2001-2005. The POG-est.
Huh. New card just spoiled by the dudes as they talked. [1]S 2/2 Flyer: Can't put it in your deck unless you have 20 unique non-resource cards in it. Aggro 1-offs, interesting.

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

*sigh* sure. it's a weed joke

BenRGamer posted:

The Lotus Garden in King is worth the $35, I think. If nothing else, I think you could probably sell it for more than $35 at some point.

I keep thinking that a year from now, lotus gardens will be a de facto currency in the game.

Zonekeeper
Oct 27, 2007

Blazing Zero posted:

I keep thinking that a year from now, lotus gardens will be a de facto currency in the game.

There's going to be around 10,000 Lotus Gardens in existence. That's not nearly enough to be a currency. Far more likely is that the lotuses themselves will be currency.

Ed: poo poo, this is going to come to the wire re: the last stretch goal. Really close now with Paypal included.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Zonekeeper posted:

There's going to be around 10,000 Lotus Gardens in existence. That's not nearly enough to be a currency. Far more likely is that the lotuses themselves will be currency.

Ed: poo poo, this is going to come to the wire re: the last stretch goal. Really close now with Paypal included.

Slacker Backers and T-shirt sales also count. $2.5m in pledges is assured, how much of that will be paid I can't say though.

gameday
Apr 29, 2006

Hungry for sport
Just boosted from King to Collector with 5 minutes to go. I'm ready for alpha.

Midrena
May 2, 2009

Jedit posted:

$2.5m in pledges is assured, how much of that will be paid I can't say though.

Yeah, I saw that a new Producer pledge got bought up, but who knows if it was just a joke.

Last 2 minutes!

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Countdown now in seconds.

Zonekeeper
Oct 27, 2007

And it's gone.

bitprophet
Jul 22, 2004
Taco Defender
:siren: :toot: :siren:

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

OH GOD MY WALLET! :v: :dance: :pcgaming:

signalnoise
Mar 7, 2008

Aaaaaaand my overtime money is spent

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

Let's all take a moment to bereave the balances of accounts across the neck beard community. :smith:

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Why! Why!! Why must you refuse to accept that Dr. Hieronymous Alloy's Genetically Enhanced Cream Corn Is Superior to the Leading Brand on the Market!?!

Morbid Hound

Midrena posted:

You can't add on pledges to your Kickstarter anyway. If you get it for him, you'd have to go with Paypal.

Got a text from him, he managed to get in under the wire with a Squire, so he's all good!

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Pinwiz11 posted:

OH GOD MY WALLET! :v: :dance: :pcgaming:

Why complain, I just made $150 minimum.

M. Night Skymall
Mar 22, 2012

Blazing Zero posted:

Let's all take a moment to bereave the balances of accounts across the neck beard community. :smith:

The average amount per backer is still pretty low compared to actual TG kickstarters. Guess I was wrong about collector, I still suspect they'll be pretty close to 2.5M with paypal since they said they had a couple hundred pending or something. They also said they're going to include slacker backers in the stretch goal so I think they intend to do Hexcon regardless.

signalnoise
Mar 7, 2008

Jedit posted:

Why complain, I just made $150 minimum.

I wonder how much we'll be seeing immediate resale of hex account keys for higher tiers and if I'll feel like an idiot like every time a console launches and I don't buy 10 of them to resell

DMW45
Oct 29, 2011

Come into my parlor~
My wallets gonna punch me in the face this evening, I just know it.

signalnoise
Mar 7, 2008

Average pledge from KS: 128.25

Not too shabby

pumpinglemma
Apr 28, 2009

DD: Fondly regard abomination.

Look at this final graph of pledges and compare it to a normal one. This has been the weirdest Kickstarter campaign I've ever seen...

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

signalnoise posted:

I wonder how much we'll be seeing immediate resale of hex account keys for higher tiers and if I'll feel like an idiot like every time a console launches and I don't buy 10 of them to resell

I don't think we'll be seeing resales until we actually get the keys. Wonder how many people are going to buy GK keys and find out they have squire keys. :v:

Rhaegar
Jul 16, 2006
So... now what? When can I play this game?

Ended up with PP+DC. Gave up trying to get a GK with 8 minutes to go and then two went available with 3-4 minutes to go. Oh well.

DMW45
Oct 29, 2011

Come into my parlor~
So, after doing some quick math, there will only be, at most considering people who don't pay for their pledge/stop playing, 3,554 of each alternate art card floating around. I think they'll be pretty valuable.

OBi
Feb 27, 2005

HQ BN A CO BEARMAT
2001-2005. The POG-est.

BenRGamer posted:

So, after doing some quick math, there will only be, at most considering people who don't pay for their pledge/stop playing, 3,554 of each alternate art card floating around. I think they'll be pretty valuable.

If the game takes off and becomes anything close to a real competitor with MTGO they will be very valuable and the Collector+ unique arts will be ridiculously valuable. If the game follows the traditional MMO arc and population dwindles within two years, they'll be worthless. I feel like Wizards have gotten more than a little cozy on the top and the market is pretty ripe for competition.

DMW45
Oct 29, 2011

Come into my parlor~
Welp, ever since the Kickstarter finished, the official forums have more or less crashed. I can only hope this means there'll be alooooot of people anxiously awaiting release.

signalnoise
Mar 7, 2008

OBi posted:

If the game takes off and becomes anything close to a real competitor with MTGO they will be very valuable and the Collector+ unique arts will be ridiculously valuable. If the game follows the traditional MMO arc and population dwindles within two years, they'll be worthless. I feel like Wizards have gotten more than a little cozy on the top and the market is pretty ripe for competition.

With the rise of high quality freemium pay-style games I think it'll have a decent draw, especially since they apparently have the favor of Penny Arcade.

Adar
Jul 27, 2001
The game won't die in 2 years because too many people are too invested in it, but that's also the reason Magic isn't going anywhere. The overwhelming likelihood is that it'll be a niche title with a steady but not giant fanbase for a long time.

That's also why DC >>>>>>>>>> rest.

Vincent Valentine
Feb 28, 2006

Murdertime

Adar posted:

The game won't die in 2 years because too many people are too invested in it, but that's also the reason Magic isn't going anywhere. The overwhelming likelihood is that it'll be a niche title with a steady but not giant fanbase for a long time.

That's also why DC >>>>>>>>>> rest.

I have DC, but I still think PP/GK are going to be significantly better because whether you want to draft or not PP is 3 packs of cards per week, meaning you really shouldn't ever have to put money into this game again.

I do like grindin' me some dungeons, though, so there's that. Maybe the PVPVE casual tournaments will be fun.

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Why! Why!! Why must you refuse to accept that Dr. Hieronymous Alloy's Genetically Enhanced Cream Corn Is Superior to the Leading Brand on the Market!?!

Morbid Hound
I think the most likely curve for the game is that it will follow other PVP MMO's -- i.e., a niche product, but a long-term one with subscriber numbers that will grow over time if the company doesn't royally screw the pooch somehow (massive security failure, persistently bad balancing decisions, etc.). PvP games hold subscribers a lot longer than pure PvE ones do, presuming the PvP doesn't have balance problems and the penalties aren't too harsh (i.e., everyone quitting Shadowbane once one guild dominated a particular server).

And yeah, really happy with Grand King and think it's the best long term value. Dungeon Crawler will be great initially but after a while interest in the PvE side of things is going to wane.

signalnoise
Mar 7, 2008

It'd be cool if DC ends up the best but there are honestly too many variables to decide which of the 250 tiers is best. I could basically just say that the 500 dollar tier is amazing if you could afford it.

Vincent Valentine
Feb 28, 2006

Murdertime

Hieronymous Alloy posted:

And yeah, really happy with Grand King and think it's the best long term value. Dungeon Crawler will be great initially but after a while interest in the PvE side of things is going to wane.

I don't think PVE will wane particularly, but it 100% depends on how fast they generate content. They talked about a new set every 4 months, if they introduce a significant amount of(a lot of which is actually challenging) PVE content each set then I imagine PVE will stay highly active. Moreso if they release it in chunks throughout a set rather than all at once.

DMW45
Oct 29, 2011

Come into my parlor~

Vincent Valentine posted:

I don't think PVE will wane particularly, but it 100% depends on how fast they generate content. They talked about a new set every 4 months, if they introduce a significant amount of(a lot of which is actually challenging) PVE content each set then I imagine PVE will stay highly active. Moreso if they release it in chunks throughout a set rather than all at once.

To be honest, I think PvE will stay active mostly for the Wild West PvP format.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

signalnoise
Mar 7, 2008

LF heal deck raid leader to grind dragon raid

• Locked thread