Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TShields
Mar 30, 2007

We can rule them like gods! ...Angry gods.

Moon Slayer posted:

Guess which series I've been re-watching?

God drat that was a good show. I loved all the animated DC shows. Haven't paid much attention to Young Justice, is it any good? I want another real Justice League show.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Robert Denby
Sep 9, 2007
Denial isn't just a river in Egypt, huh? Nah, get fucked mate.
Those "Batman Beyond" gifs are reminding me how pervasive the Kyle Cooper-style title sequences were in that era.

Spirited Away

Kiki's Delivery Service

Who Framed Roger Rabbit

Fantasia

kinmik
Jul 17, 2011

Dog, what are you doing? Get away from there.
You don't even have thumbs.
I've been wanting to gif this movie forever, but my laptop doesn't have a disc drive. :saddowns:

BattleTech
Jun 6, 2010

Is this easy mode?
Fun Shoe

TShields posted:

God drat that was a good show. I loved all the animated DC shows. Haven't paid much attention to Young Justice, is it any good? I want another real Justice League show.

It was alright, it would have been a lot better if every episode didn't end on a cliffhanger. Fair warning though it got canceled/not renewed and season 2 ends on a gigantic cliffhanger. Personally I find Teen Titans Go to be much better show. Speaking of which;

Teen Titans Go

Neo Helbeast posted:

Just for you:

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Moon Slayer posted:

Guess which series I've been re-watching?
Please gif the part where he's flailing around doing ninja poo poo during the intro, I always thought that bit was hilarious.

Robert Denby
Sep 9, 2007
The Castle of Cagliostro

Moon Slayer
Jun 19, 2007

Captain Invictus posted:

Please gif the part where he's flailing around doing ninja poo poo during the intro, I always thought that bit was hilarious.

Also, this:

Robert Denby
Sep 9, 2007
Only Yesterday

Tracula
Mar 26, 2010

PLEASE LEAVE

TShields posted:

I'm curious. Have any of the DC animated shows been less than good? I can't think of one that was really even mediocre or lackluster but I could easily be wrong here.

FutonForensic
Nov 11, 2012

Tracula posted:

I'm curious. Have any of the DC animated shows been less than good? I can't think of one that was really even mediocre or lackluster but I could easily be wrong here.

If you mean the ones that involved Bruce Timm, I would say no. There's a good chunk of Teen Titans episodes that I thought were pretty bad, even when watching them as a tween. The few episodes I've seen of the old Superfriends show I didn't much care for either.

Now, there are the DC animated films, which have a much more middling track record. For example, Superman/Batman Apocalypse gave us the infamous "Handsome Face" meme:

Robert Denby
Sep 9, 2007

FutonForensic posted:

The few episodes I've seen of the old Superfriends show I didn't much care for either.
Yeah... that show is really godawful for a reason. It was made by Hanna-Barbera when they were so cheap that they were making the 'limited animation' techniques they'd developed for "The Flinstones" look like Richard Williams. Also it was when DC was cheap to license because Richard Donner and the Salkinds hadn't made "Superman: The Movie".
That still is killing me. Are any of the DC straight-to-DVD movies any good, or do they all center around the characters getting lip injections like this still implies?

Millennium Actress

I actually got to meet Satoshi Kon at a retrospective of his work at Lincoln Center. Super-nice guy, and very surprised and happy his work was reaching an American audience.

Tracula
Mar 26, 2010

PLEASE LEAVE

Robert Denby posted:

That still is killing me. Are any of the DC straight-to-DVD movies any good, or do they all center around the characters getting lip injections like this still implies?

Most of the Batman stuff is extremely good. Mask of the Phantasm, Batman vs Mr Freeze, Return of the Joker and Red Hood are all great. Red Hood not as much actually but it's by no means bad, hell, you get John DiMaggio as the Joker too. However I honestly really liked the Dark Knight Returns animated two parter that came out recently enough. They cut out the internal narration noir stuff 100% but I still thought it was fairly solid. Peter Weller (Robocop) voices Bruce Wayne as well which is odd because he's honestly awesome as Batman but something just seems off about him as Bruce, just too entrenched as Robocop in my brain I guess.

The Missing Link
Aug 13, 2008

Should do fine against cats.
I originally posted this in the non-animated gif thread and realized my mistake.

Trying out gifcam and watching Bob's Burgers. Here's a gif of the "Pissing Contest" between Bob and his rival Jimmy Pesto from Season 2, Episode 4: Burgerboss.

Robert Denby
Sep 9, 2007

Tracula posted:

Most of the Batman stuff is extremely good. Mask of the Phantasm, Batman vs Mr Freeze, Return of the Joker and Red Hood are all great. Red Hood not as much actually but it's by no means bad, hell, you get John DiMaggio as the Joker too. However I honestly really liked the Dark Knight Returns animated two parter that came out recently enough. They cut out the internal narration noir stuff 100% but I still thought it was fairly solid. Peter Weller (Robocop) voices Bruce Wayne as well which is odd because he's honestly awesome as Batman but something just seems off about him as Bruce, just too entrenched as Robocop in my brain I guess.
I've seen everything except the newer (circa 2004) stuff. "Mask of the Phantasm" I think is actually better than the Nolan movies in some regards.

The Iron Giant

The Simpsons

Heavy Metal

TTBF
Sep 14, 2005

Robert Denby posted:

Batman: Mask of the Phantasm is probably the best Batman movie. I'm including the live action movies in that.

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

This is from the one the very few episodes that I "got" what was going on. Not that I didn't enjoy what the hell was going on on the rest. Can someone point me to some good resources/explanations/theories from this series?

That's very nicely animated.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

HardDisk posted:

This is from the one the very few episodes that I "got" what was going on. Not that I didn't enjoy what the hell was going on on the rest. Can someone point me to some good resources/explanations/theories from this series?

That's very nicely animated.

If you haven't already, go back and watch the whole thing again. Knowing from the start how hosed things get makes a few things easier to understand. Paprika's kinda the same way but I've seen Paprika 4 times and I'm still not entire sure what the gently caress's happening.

BattleTech
Jun 6, 2010

Is this easy mode?
Fun Shoe

Robert Denby posted:

I've seen everything except the newer (circa 2004) stuff. "Mask of the Phantasm" I think is actually better than the Nolan movies in some regards.

I recommend: Superman/Batman: Public Enemies, Justice League: Crisis on Two Earths, Red Hood, New Frontier and Doom is just okay and I barely recommend it. The rest of the movies I recommend either skipping or waiting for netflix to grab them on instant.

Edit: Shazaam http://movies.netflix.com/WiMovie/70135480?strkid=1776396485_2_0&trkid=222336&movieid=70135480 is pretty cool too.

BattleTech has a new favorite as of 05:44 on Jun 6, 2013

Abbeh
May 23, 2006

When I grow up I mean to be
A Lion large and fierce to see.
(Thank you, Das Boo!)
What time is it?

Butt Time! I mean, Adventure Time!

Dred Cosmonaut
Jan 6, 2010

There once was a tiger-striped cat.
Av check (Big O)

Robert Denby
Sep 9, 2007
Anyone know an alternative gifmaking site to Imgflip? They just decided to put a loving $10 a month charge on making gifs bigger than 360 pixels wide. :mad:

The Devil is a Part-Timer!

Muromi on the Shore

Humanity Has Declined OVA

Did we ever find out if the weasel is voiced by Norio Wakamoto?

Squid Girl

v v v v v
EDIT: I'm using Licecap since I'm on a Mac for some of the bigger gifs I post. IMGflip was nice because it created non-bandwith-murdering gifs.

Robert Denby has a new favorite as of 15:16 on Jun 8, 2013

Tivac
Feb 18, 2003

No matter how things may seem to change, never forget who you are

Robert Denby posted:

Anyone know an alternative gifmaking site to Imgflip? They just decided to put a loving $10 a month charge on making gifs bigger than 360 pixels wide. :mad:

Why not just use something like GifCam?

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Have some Gravity Falls.
Maybe someday Disney will get around to showing a new episode.

Subtitles (It's true, Dipper did decapitate Larry King).

Robert Denby
Sep 9, 2007
Jin-Roh

Linked for gore: http://i.imgur.com/ZlZwU15.gif

Innocence: Ghost in the Shell

PureRok
Mar 27, 2010

Good as new.

This one makes me want to see a STALKER or Metro anime, or anything like that.

Vicissitude
Jan 26, 2004

You ever do the chicken dance at a wake? That really bothers people.

Say Nothing posted:

Have some Gravity Falls.
Maybe someday Disney will get around to showing a new episode.

June 28th. :ssh:

Robert Denby
Sep 9, 2007
Azumanga Daioh

Torquemadras
Jun 3, 2013

I am constantly amazed how good this show was. Whenever someone tells me of all the stuff wrong with anime, I can say with good conscience that Bebop alone redeems the entire style. :allears:

RoadCrewWorker
Nov 19, 2007

camels aren't so great

Torquemadras posted:

I am constantly amazed how good this show was. Whenever someone tells me of all the stuff wrong with anime, I can say with good conscience that Bebop alone redeems the entire style. :allears:
Not to dispute anything of what you said, but the shots you quoted were from the movie.

HenryEx
Mar 25, 2009

...your cybernetic implants, the only beauty in that meat you call "a body"...
Grimey Drawer
Wakfu

A French Flash-animated series about a strategy MMO football. Yeah, apparently flash animation can look non-crappy as well.

Shortie scores for the yellow team!

Cheerleaders!

Red team's captain devastated!

HenryEx
Mar 25, 2009

...your cybernetic implants, the only beauty in that meat you call "a body"...
Grimey Drawer
You know what? Have another two, this episode is awesome.

Going into Overtime! Boost equipment has unlimited charges now!

Robert Denby
Sep 9, 2007
Cowboy Bebop: The Movie (aka Knockin on Heaven's Door)

The Place Promised in Our Early Days

5 Centimeters Per Second

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Adventure Time.

Robert Denby
Sep 9, 2007
AKIRA

EDIT: I don't think I've sat down and watched that show all the way through in ten years. I haven't seen the movie in at least five, but I remembered that with as much action and great character animation as both had, they'd make great fodder for the thread.
v v v v v

Robert Denby has a new favorite as of 04:56 on Jun 12, 2013

aricoarena
Aug 7, 2006
citizenh8 bought me this account because he is a total qt.
Wow. It has been a real long while sense I watched Cowboy Bebop, at least 5 years. I think its time I gave it another go. Thanks for the reminder

Riding Bonez
Sep 26, 2004

YES
Daughter of Twenty Faces

Clever Spambot
Sep 16, 2009

You've lost that lovin' feeling,
Now it's gone...gone...
GONE....
Mazinger Z

Robert Denby
Sep 9, 2007

The Girl Who Leapt Through Time

SerCypher
May 10, 2006

Gay baby jail...? What the hell?

I really don't like the sound of that...
Fun Shoe
I've been watching a lot of Gintama recently, and the actions scenes are pretty amazing for a comedy anime:

Generally Gintama is less fighting and more stuff like this though:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Robert Denby
Sep 9, 2007
AKIRA

These scenes occur within 15 minutes of each other.

• Locked thread