Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Yoya
Nov 6, 2009

I already bought the chicken
All the transformed people are possessed. Zach answered this in the comments.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012
idiot asshole bitch who should fuck off

Seoinin posted:

Haha, Headreel's juicy hweeyermz face would be a great avatar.

e. bleh I suck at this. if someone can make something presentable out of that panel I'd be much obliged.

Here's something. (Unbordered/bordered.)

Nick_326
Nov 3, 2011

History's Latest Monster

Son Conan posted:

Okay, I'm pretty sure that matryoshka doll agent is my new favorite character design.

Same here.

One thing I don't get: those guys (or two of the three, assuming Lucas is part of their team) were fighting a spirit...in their suit jammies?

Tubgirl Cosplay
Jan 10, 2011

by Ion Helmet

Nick_326 posted:

Same here.

One thing I don't get: those guys (or two of the three, assuming Lucas is part of their team) were fighting a spirit...in their suit jammies?

You don't get it man

they're so comfortable

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

PleasingFungus posted:

Here's something. (Unbordered/bordered.)

Awesome, thanks! Looks like I'm retiring Teddy when I get home tonight.

e. gently caress it we'll do it live

paranoid randroid fucked around with this message at 22:06 on Jun 7, 2013

LtStorm
Aug 8, 2010

You'll pay for this, Shady Shrew!

Seoinin posted:

Haha, Headreel's juicy hweeyermz face would be a great avatar.

e. bleh I suck at this. if someone can make something presentable out of that panel I'd be much obliged.

I've been calling her Reeltoreel. I want to know more about her and Manlizard either way. This is going to end up being like Gunnerkrig Court where I want to know more about everyone.

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
Now that I think about it, if she says boid and doit, shouldn't she say woims?

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Hello, yes! Is being very good day for posting, no?

LtStorm posted:

I've been calling her Reeltoreel. I want to know more about her and Manlizard either way. This is going to end up being like Gunnerkrig Court where I want to know more about everyone.

Apparently in stream (Zack streams with the creators of Vibe and... um... Demon is in the name of the other one's comic, but I can't remember what it is), Zack revealed that that duo's names are Cinnamon Sticks and Grecko Stucks, Stucks being the manlizard.

EDIT: Demon Kings!

The Lord of Hats fucked around with this message at 07:00 on Jun 8, 2013

ThatPazuzu
Sep 8, 2011

I'm so depressed, I can't even blink.

Seoinin posted:

Now that I think about it, if she says boid and doit, shouldn't she say woims?

She was trying to put a lot of emphasis on it so she stretched it out and it became... that.

shelper
Nov 10, 2005

Something's still wrong with this code
So can we assume anyone in the dream world who isn't carrying a tool is possessed?
Spencer has his glasses, and red shirt guy appears to be carrying a broken ruler.

Manlizard doesn't have anything, nor does matryoshka, but then neither does reel-to-reel, or a lot of the other people on the entrance page.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Tools could be just about anything on them. Could be in their pocket.

Yoya
Nov 6, 2009

I already bought the chicken

shelper posted:

So can we assume anyone in the dream world who isn't carrying a tool is possessed?
Spencer has his glasses, and red shirt guy appears to be carrying a broken ruler.

Manlizard doesn't have anything, nor does matryoshka, but then neither does reel-to-reel, or a lot of the other people on the entrance page.

Remember that dudes are disfigured only if they are possessed. They might also have a tool carrying another spirit but I don't think that's common.

Razorwired
Dec 7, 2008

It's about to start!
I would also guess that Spender's organization has Spectral Fists running around, and they wouldn't need tools.

Fecha
Nov 4, 2006

Did I... did I miss anything important?
That is indeed a door. I will be disappointed if it doesn't fart when opened.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Fecha posted:

"What if someone manages to open it without using the handle? Where's your fart joke now, Guts Glory?"

Also is that a pug in suitjamas.

Paul.Power
Feb 7, 2009

The three roles of APCs:
Transports.
Supply trucks.
Distractions.

Fecha posted:

My initial thought was that you were referencing the farting chairs from CJ's office in The Fall and Rise of Reginald Perrin.

I was kind of disappointed when I realised it was just a "pull my finger" joke.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Doesn't look like Spender's really lookin' forward to this.

But hey, that lady seems to really like him.

Akett
Aug 6, 2012

I like how that hat looks like it has those metal rivet things above the brim, making it look armored.

ecureuilmatrix
Mar 30, 2011

Blackheart posted:

Doesn't look like Spender's really lookin' forward to this.

But hey, that lady seems to really like him.

Yeah I don't know if we're just looking too hard into the before-last panel, but that gaze seems ~very soft~.

Also multi-jointed woman is hilarious.

Humoring your boss' stupid jokes, part 1 of being a corporate drone.

Hispanic! At The Disco
Dec 25, 2011

ecureuilmatrix posted:

Also multi-jointed woman is hilarious.

I instantly thought of this guy.

DicktheCat
Feb 15, 2011

Hey, I came here to say that we can all pretty much agree that Spender is the best already, okay?

Just had to get that out of the way for everyone.

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸
Counterpoint: Johnny.

Akett
Aug 6, 2012

Oh cool, if you look in the background of the last two panels there's mountains and a forest.

Most ridiculous door knocker I've ever seen.

Rich Spender. Amazing.

Akett fucked around with this message at 07:24 on Jun 14, 2013

A Dapper Walrus
Dec 28, 2011
Looking at his superior's boss hat, it makes me wonder about tools: do they sometime form a lasting partnership with spectrals? Instead of dining and dashing on their spectral energy, some spirits might become permanent partners or something to that effect, because their relationship is awesome (or the spectral has complete control over them somehow). Or maybe its 3 AM and I'm looking into things a bit too much.

Ninja edit - Rich Spender: best name or BEST NAME?

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Rich Spender has the best colleagues/coworkers/bosses/whatever that is.

Fecha
Nov 4, 2006

Did I... did I miss anything important?
Oh my god. :stare:

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.
Well, I know who my new favorite character is now.

Mitama
Feb 28, 2011

Probably Magic posted:

Well, I know who my new favorite character is now.

If the answer is "all of them", you would be correct.

This guy ranks pretty high up, though. :allears:

Paramemetic
Sep 29, 2003

Area 51. You heard of it, right?

Fallen Rib
Getting a malware notice from Chrome when I visit the site now, what's up with that?

Quinn2win
Nov 9, 2011

Foolish child of man...
After reading all this,
do you still not understand?
I just got that, too. Was the site hacked, or is this some kind of weird false alarm?

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

someone introduce jojo to lazyb

Paramemetic posted:

Getting a malware notice from Chrome when I visit the site now, what's up with that?

Got it with Firefox too. Dunno what's up with it, I've never had a problem before. Probably a false positive.

Matlock Birthmark
Sep 24, 2005

I wanted this to happen!!
Soiled Meat
The page appears the same. Maybe one of the ads on the site had something malicious in it.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters
Ditto, Paranatural being flagged as an attack site by Firefox.

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe
Yeah, it looks like all the Hiveworks-affiliated sites are throwing malware warnings right now. Must've been a malicious ad, or something like that.

Walh Hara
May 11, 2012
Well, you can ask extra information when you see that malware notice. Apparantly 2 people have reported the site as malware infested (in the last 90 days) to google + their visit today resulted in malware software being downloaded and installed (they visited the site twice previously, it was fine then).

Safari Disco Lion
Jul 21, 2011

Boss, if they make us find seven lost crystals, I'm quitting.

Oh gosh the little patchwork log and camp fire. :allears:

edit: Looks like the malware warnings are from someone hacking the servers for Paranatural's ads and injecting some small code that did nothing but flag Google's malware warnings. There's no malware or viruses at all, it was just flagging the site with Google. They've got it fixed but it'll be a bit before Google fixes the warning. There's more details on Zack's twitter (@paranaturalzack) and some people he retweeted.

Safari Disco Lion fucked around with this message at 20:33 on Jun 17, 2013

neogeo0823
Jul 4, 2007

NO THAT'S NOT ME!!

More importantly, is this guy a... brown spectral?

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

neogeo0823 posted:

More importantly, is this guy a... brown spectral?
Would explain the fart jokes.

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

Safari Disco Lion posted:

Oh gosh the little patchwork log and camp fire. :allears:

edit: Looks like the malware warnings are from someone hacking the servers for Paranatural's ads and injecting some small code that did nothing but flag Google's malware warnings. There's no malware or viruses at all, it was just flagging the site with Google. They've got it fixed but it'll be a bit before Google fixes the warning. There's more details on Zack's twitter (@paranaturalzack) and some people he retweeted.

Is this why Manly Guys doing Manly Things is being Googleblocked as well?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

rotinaj posted:

Is this why Manly Guys doing Manly Things is being Googleblocked as well?

Yes. Though apparently you can visit it safely anyway. If you wish, you can use NoScript to block thehiveworks.com until this blows over; though according to the Hiveworks guy the hack wasn't actually dangerous, it was merely designed to flag Google's filters without really downloading anything.