Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which show has the most (current or future) jobbers wrestling on it?
This poll is closed.
WWE NXT 62 16.36%
WWE Superstars 75 19.79%
WWE Saturday Morning Slam - lmao this thread is old 24 6.33%
WWE Main Event 22 5.80%
Impact Wrestling 196 51.72%
Total: 379 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Jason Funk
Dec 23, 2007

by XyloJW
So is Sami Zayne or whatever's gimmick "quirky hister-ish dude" (which is probably just him IRL)?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Jason Funk posted:

So is Sami Zayne or whatever's gimmick "quirky hister-ish dude" (which is probably just him IRL)?

His gimmick is being the nicest man to ever wear wrestling boots.

stab
Feb 12, 2003

To you from failing hands we throw the torch, be yours to hold it high

Jason Funk posted:

pretty much, and thats not him being a hipster because he totally isnt, its literally me watching him and our buddies doing generic promos mocking each other every week.

oh and he can wrestle his rear end off

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

Feuding dudes with flat hats.

RockShowLevel27
May 31, 2006
And that's how you commentate a women's wrestling match.

Renaissance Spam
Jun 5, 2010

Can it wait a for a bit? I'm in the middle of some *gyrations*

achillesforever6 posted:

Also I like this play by play guy, he actually calls the moves!

He's got a good energy that played off surprisingly well with Maddox; Dawson and Regal sometimes sound like they're calling a golf game and it was nice to hear some actual banter between the commentators that didn't take away from the match.

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

Conor O'Brien wasn't over with me until he got JRPG villain music to go with his JRPG villain cape and also stood stock still for ten seconds just waiting. That was amazing.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

Patware posted:

Conor O'Brien wasn't over with me until he got JRPG villain music to go with his JRPG villain cape and also stood stock still for ten seconds just waiting. That was amazing.

Dude's got a great presence. Although, every time I see him in that entrance getup I can't help thinking he has no peripheral vision whatsoever.

When is he supposed to start tagging again? I haven't read the full taping spoilers. I kind of want to see him fly solo, but the gimmick does fit a team pretty well.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

stab posted:

pretty much, and thats not him being a hipster because he totally isnt, its literally me watching him and our buddies doing generic promos mocking each other every week.

wait you mean you know el generico AND sami zayn? yeesh dude you are CONNECTED.

ChaosSmurf
Dec 26, 2011
Is Paige better on the mic than her promo implied?

stab
Feb 12, 2003

To you from failing hands we throw the torch, be yours to hold it high

John Cena posted:

wait you mean you know el generico AND sami zayn? yeesh dude you are CONNECTED.

I even know kevin steen and 3.0 were at my wedding! IM FAMOUS I TELL YA

Strenuous Manflurry
Sep 5, 2006

THE END

ChaosSmurf posted:

Is Paige better on the mic than her promo implied?

She needs work on that but she has gotten better.

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

sticklefifer posted:

Dude's got a great presence. Although, every time I see him in that entrance getup I can't help thinking he has no peripheral vision whatsoever.

When is he supposed to start tagging again? I haven't read the full taping spoilers. I kind of want to see him fly solo, but the gimmick does fit a team pretty well.

I don't remember hearing anything yet. But if they do keep up the idea of making Ascension a team again, it's going to keep O'Brien out of the call up line up for a while. Yet again, it wouldn't hurt him too much. I just hope Victor doesn't screw up like Kenneth Cameron did.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

The GIG posted:

Just have them reenact Big Daddy v. Giant Haystacks spot for spot. It would be both MOTY and WMOTY.

If Mason Ryan were to ever start an EA-SY EA-SY EA-SY chant, I would be in the front row, shredding my vocal chords.

Suben
Jul 1, 2007

In 1985 Dr. Strange makes a rap album.
Speaking of Conor O'Brian remember when he was around in developmental the first time and looking to get called up but quit along with his girlfriend (Krissy Vaine) because they got put on separate rosters among other reasons a few years back?

Well they just recently got married so cool for them for actually lasting.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
I wonder if Erick Rowan's going to keep the sheep mask when the Family gets called up. Everyone else has A Thing. Bray Wyatt is Bray Wyatt, and Luke Harper's got that psycho "Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeaaaahhhh" chant thing he does after every other move.

Suben posted:

Well they just recently got married so cool for them for actually lasting.
I really want to believe that his walk down the aisle at his wedding was just his Ascension entrance, but he was wearing a tux under his cape.

sticklefifer fucked around with this message at 06:33 on Jun 8, 2013

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Patware posted:

That was his original theme and it owns all the bones.

stab posted:

I like that he's as nice as he seems. :3:

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

In a perfect world, they start selling those sheep masks and we get a crowd of sheep swaying at Mania 30.

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

I don't think they'll keep the mask. It seems like just a little thing for the promo. It's just a little bit too on the nose.

Chewy Bitems
Dec 25, 2012

PIIIISSSSSSSS!!!!

Patware posted:

Yeah, only thing missing about that was that the result should've been something like a massive clothesline when Alex Riley rushed in, instrad the match just then got started.

Has Big E done much on the mic, and has he been good? I only started watching NXT recently & despite his brilliant twitter feed, last week on commentary & this week's "Bo, you're a geek, Bo" really weren't up to much.

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

I have NEVER received the respect I deserve as the leader and founder of The Masterflock, the internet's largest and oldest Christopher Masterpiece fan group in all of history, and I DEMAND that changes. From now on, you will respect Skinty McEdger!

Alex Riley is still really bad. I've watched that first sequence with Conor like 4 times and couldn't tell you what he was thinking, other than he was taking phantom bumps all over the place and out of place for the real things. Kid still has zero ring awareness and probably just needs more ring time, but it's almost like he would be better off at this point on the Indies.

Also I really like the dynamic of the Wyatt family. Harper being the "smart" one who has to keep reminding Erick Rowan what he should be doing in the ring works well and the whole thing just gels together organically.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Chewy Bitems posted:

Yeah, only thing missing about that was that the result should've been something like a massive clothesline when Alex Riley rushed in, instrad the match just then got started.

Has Big E done much on the mic, and has he been good? I only started watching NXT recently & despite his brilliant twitter feed, last week on commentary & this week's "Bo, you're a geek, Bo" really weren't up to much.

Big E owns. And the geek line was lackluster, but when he said matter-of-factly "Bo, I will break your dreams." I went :aaa:

Cactus Jack
Nov 16, 2005

If you even try to throw to my side of the field in a dream, you better wake up and apologize.
I saw my first NXT episode this week and I liked the Title Match signing segment. I liked how Bo's reasoning for wanting the shot is "Big E, you got the title and you were on Wrestlemania, you are buddies with the World Champ, and you are having matches on the big shows. I want to win this title so I can have opportunities and make more money." Nothing groundbreaking, but you never hear this on the main shows at all. The championships on those shows and why people want them are never explained (Punk's reign being an exception). Such a simple thing and they can't even bring it up once in awhile on their 5+ hours of TV they do a week.

mactheknife
Jul 20, 2004

THE JOLLY CANDY-LIKE BUTTON
Bo was corpsing out of his loving mind the entire promo.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

mactheknife posted:

Bo was corpsing

You act like Bo knows how to react to anything. :colbert:

gently caress Bo Dallas.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

mactheknife posted:

Bo was corpsing out of his loving mind the entire promo.

No, no, that's just his face.

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

SamuraiFoochs posted:

Big E owns. And the geek line was lackluster, but when he said matter-of-factly "Bo, I will break your dreams." I went :aaa:

The geek line was one of those that wouldn't've worked even a little bit if it was being aimed at anyone but Bo "God drat it" Dallas.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

SamuraiFoochs posted:

That was his original theme and it owns all the bones.

I actually really liked his singles theme too. Maybe cool it off for a while and someone can use it again later. I'm guessing they're using it again because they're making the new Ascension. According to Twitter pictures, Rick Victor showed up in costume following Conor's squash of A-Ry last week after they went to commercial.

I was thinking today though: What IS O'Brian/Ascension's gimmick? He's got that throwback Undertaker atmospheric thing going on, but he doesn't have goofy magic powers. I think the gimmick is literally "badass and ominous". It's not so much a character as it is a look.

bean mom
Jan 30, 2009

sticklefifer posted:

I actually really liked his singles theme too. Maybe cool it off for a while and someone can use it again later. I'm guessing they're using it again because they're making the new Ascension. According to Twitter pictures, Rick Victor showed up in costume following Conor's squash of A-Ry last week after they went to commercial.

I was thinking today though: What IS O'Brian/Ascension's gimmick? He's got that throwback Undertaker atmospheric thing going on, but he doesn't have goofy magic powers. I think the gimmick is literally "badass and ominous". It's not so much a character as it is a look.

There's quite a bit of Menacing non-twilight Vampire themes running throughout at least the old tag team gimmick. Creatures of the night at least, with all the blacklight reactive stuff they were it has a really cool effect. They've done well at not really being overtly vampires or whatever, but they would absolutely fit in in a Blade universe as bad guys. I really like the whole gimmick, and I hope they can bring it in the ring enough to serve it well.

I think the neat thing about the whole thing is that they play it really straight and ambiguous. It has a huge potential to be really campy but its convincing enough for right now to be really kinda unique.

bean mom fucked around with this message at 09:38 on Jun 9, 2013

Uncle Ulty
Dec 12, 2006

Represent.
I haven't read the spoilers regarding what's coming up on NXT, but is there something going on that makes everyone believe that Rick Victor is going to be O'Brien's partner? The way Victor showed up and confronted him on the ramp made me think they are going to be feuding, not teaming.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Uncle Ulty posted:

I haven't read the spoilers regarding what's coming up on NXT, but is there something going on that makes everyone believe that Rick Victor is going to be O'Brien's partner? The way Victor showed up and confronted him on the ramp made me think they are going to be feuding, not teaming.

Victor appeared with the same music and with a similar look to what Kenneth Cameron was sporting, maybe it will be a feud but it's unlikely.

Perry Normal
Jul 23, 2010

Humans disgust me. Vile creatures.

Uncle Ulty posted:

Are there different edits of NXT that air in different markets? I swear, on the version I watched on Canadian TV a few days ago that segment ended with them looking at the camera together and yelling. So there was no question to me they were a team. But I just went to rewatch the version posted earlier in the thread and it seemed like it went to commercial before Rik Victor even showed up.

Jay 2K Winger
Oct 10, 2007

What are you looking for?
Yeah, Rick Victor turned up with a similar outfit to what Cameron used to wear, plus some of those black sclera contacts, and the two smiled at each other before roaring with the Ascension's music playing.

They're not going to be feuding, is what I'm saying.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
Rick Victor has also been selling the Ascension gimmick on Twitter for weeks. Besides, I don't know if you can call it a confrontation on the ramp, considering the gimmick pretty much requires staring at everything menacingly. It's just their way of saying hi. :3:

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

It's not that kind of test.

Perry Normal posted:

Are there different edits of NXT that air in different markets? I swear, on the version I watched on Canadian TV a few days ago that segment ended with them looking at the camera together and yelling. So there was no question to me they were a team. But I just went to rewatch the version posted earlier in the thread and it seemed like it went to commercial before Rik Victor even showed up.

Weird, must have been a screw-up on the part of the ripper. I guess it comes with the territory. Glad to know the angle wasn't dropped, as I'm excited to see Victor do something other than jobbing.

bean mom
Jan 30, 2009

Chinston Wurchill posted:

Weird, must have been a screw-up on the part of the ripper. I guess it comes with the territory. Glad to know the angle wasn't dropped, as I'm excited to see Victor do something other than jobbing.

Yeah they absolutely framed it like he was an incoming partner on the cut I saw. O'Brien walked up the ramp as the new guy was perched by one of the lights in the same kind of attire and look, and they stood together and roared as it cut to commercial.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

sticklefifer posted:

Rick Victor has also been selling the Ascension gimmick on Twitter for weeks. Besides, I don't know if you can call it a confrontation on the ramp, considering the gimmick pretty much requires staring at everything menacingly. It's just their way of saying hi. :3:

A menacing stare is a greeting, a roar is a high five.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you
Watched this week's NXT finally. It was a fun show. I like NXT because they try to put over everything as being important, I am even into the women's division.

WWE needs to cut Smackdown, drop Raw to 2 hours, rework the roster & let the NXT booking team run the company.

Chewy Bitems
Dec 25, 2012

PIIIISSSSSSSS!!!!
I haven't watched any Smackdown in years, only catch Raw on rare occasions, watch the odd PPV, and am a new convert to NXT (it's so good) but I watched that Cesaro V Sheamus match from Main Event that Chinston Wurchill posted a couple pages back, and I'm wondering:

That match was a good match, and the crowd was really massively into it, was that down to the audio sweetening that the WWE does on taped shows now? and if it was, is it that noticable all the time?

Cause I think it added to the match to me anyway but it was a good match and I think it'd be fairly horrible if it was done on a rubbish match... thankfully NXT doesn't get that treatment as the crowd is fun. (and the matches aren't rubbish)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kifisonfire
Jan 15, 2008

Someone on Youtube posted a bunch of unused NXT concepts and it owns

http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLZHLnNjCV3ucerfpCvf_pQyXa12qKhM3v

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M-bTNgOedU0

• Locked thread