Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
siig
Apr 4, 2005

Being nice is the shit ...
I cracked into the high 2:49s on Camino Extreme in the Alfa. I'll give it a shot using manual clutch tonight and see if I can do any better.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aardmania
Jan 1, 2007

Ruining newspapers since 1993.

Shredded Hen
I did a few more adjustments...

Ford Pinto 1:39.983

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
http://www.gamespot.com/forza-motorsport-5/videos/forza-5-an-xbox-one-game-ten-years-in-the-making-6409324/

Wheel users who have spent $$$ on a Fanatec setup may wish to look away from the screen at around 8:01.

Nice of Microsoft to let Fanatec do all the R&D for them.

burtonos
Aug 17, 2004

...and the angel did say, "go forth, and lay waste to all who oppose you"
"Ten years in the making" is going to be what I say every time Forza 5 locks up.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

burtonos posted:

"Ten years in the making" is going to be what I say every time Forza 5 locks up.

I can't believe this poo poo has been going on since Forza 2 and they still haven't fixed it yet. What the hell :psyduck:

Falken
Jan 26, 2004

Do you feel like a hero yet?

Ether Frenzy posted:

http://www.gamespot.com/forza-motorsport-5/videos/forza-5-an-xbox-one-game-ten-years-in-the-making-6409324/

Wheel users who have spent $$$ on a Fanatec setup may wish to look away from the screen at around 8:01.

That looks like an offbrand 360 wheel. It's got the 360 dashboard button.

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
On further analysis, that wheel pictured just seems to be the existing $120 Madcatz 360 one. (non-FFB)

So who the hell knows.

Falken
Jan 26, 2004

Do you feel like a hero yet?
Well, I imagine Turn 10 keep alot of Xbox 1 (not to be confused with Xbox One) and Xbox 360 stuff around. There was posters for FM1 hanging around in those interviews.

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
Yeah. I mean, it *seems* logical that Microsoft would open up and allow USB connections for existing peripherals - so far it's only the wireless protocol that they have definitively stated is different.

But, Microsoft.

Maybe we'll know more after Tuesday.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Ether Frenzy posted:

It sounds like T10 at least cares about keeping FM a simulation. I was worried that they might take FM into a totally different direction next gen.

Q_res
Oct 29, 2005

We're fucking built for this shit!

I said come in! posted:

It sounds like T10 at least cares about keeping FM a simulation. I was worried that they might take FM into a totally different direction next gen.

I actually figured they'd go even more towards 'sim' since Horizon is a thing now.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
They would be stupid to release Forza 5 without even getting Microsoft to guarantee some sort of wheel support. I am expecting at least being able to plug in a Fanatec wheel in via USB and switch it to PC mode. Forza would instantly lose the console war if Microsoft sticks to their bullshit requirement to get whatever chip lets you use an accessory.

burtonos
Aug 17, 2004

...and the angel did say, "go forth, and lay waste to all who oppose you"

Q_res posted:

I actually figured they'd go even more towards 'sim' since Horizon is a thing now.

Forza 5, now with open wor...:suicide:

Ringo Star Get
Sep 18, 2006

JUST FUCKING TAKE OFF ALREADY, SHIT
Hey bro its your cousin! Lets drive our cars to the track! Cousin! Pick me up! I'm at the bowling alley! We can go to the track! COUSIN>!!!

MeatRocket8
Aug 3, 2011

I'm getting my rear end handed to me online.

Any have any recommendations on which cars and tuning setups are best? I know it depends on what track, but in general. Also if there's an online guide somewhere with this info.

GentlemanofLeisure
Aug 27, 2008
Depends not only on track but car class. In the lower classes and in middle class cars with lower power, keeping momentum is very important. This means keeping off the brakes as much as possible and carrying more speed thru turns. In cars with more power, keeping momentum is not as important. What you want to focus on in these cars is lining your car up to hit the apex of the corner and then be able to apply power from the apex all the way out of the corner.

It's tough to master, but finding out exactly how slow you need to go without slowing down too much is the key.

Also, depending on what lobbies you are in, there are a lot of really fast people racing.

I think there is a site called drivingfast.com or .net that you should google.

siig
Apr 4, 2005

Being nice is the shit ...
Shaved another second off Camino Extreme with manual clutch:

Aardmania
Jan 1, 2007

Ruining newspapers since 1993.

Shredded Hen
I switched to the 4 speed transmission as a test and I managed to shave a few tenths from my time with it.

Ford Pinto 1:39.653

GentlemanofLeisure
Aug 27, 2008

Prettypanda
Nov 11, 2008

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

alr
May 14, 2009
Eugh I really don't want an Xbox One, but I really, really want Forza 5. I'm hoping at least the upcoming Project CARS is good so I can just save the console money and put it towards a wheel/pedals and maybe trackIR setup. Forza is probably going to need weather/time of day adjustments and a whole lot more tracks (fictional and real life) before I take the plunge. I still load up my housemates PS3 and GT5 every now and then because even though Forza trumps it in pretty much every way that matters, GTs track selection is amazing.

Q_res
Oct 29, 2005

We're fucking built for this shit!

alr posted:

Eugh I really don't want an Xbox One, but I really, really want Forza 5.

Pretty much how I'm feeling right now. I'm hoping MS pulls off a shockingly good presentation at E3 and makes me actually want an Xbone. I expect Forza 5 will be amazing though, I just hope they do something interesting with Career mode this time.

Iridium
Apr 4, 2002

Wretched Harp
Update to my Alps time. 1:40.269 in a Sprite Mk1. 1,397lbs., 59 raging horsepower, hell yeah.

Screenshot

Definitely going to keep working on this one. I really should have gotten involved with this kind of informal multiplayer earlier. Drives me to try harder rather than just saying "welp, that's a good time, fuckit", but on an easier schedule to fit with work poo poo.

edit- My bad, did I say 1:40.269?

I totally meant 1:38.784. 66hp now after some tweaks. :c00l:

Screenshot

Iridium fucked around with this message at 13:37 on Jun 8, 2013

CovfefeCatCafe
Apr 11, 2006

A fresh attitude
brewed daily!

Q_res posted:

Pretty much how I'm feeling right now. I'm hoping MS pulls off a shockingly good presentation at E3 and makes me actually want an Xbone. I expect Forza 5 will be amazing though, I just hope they do something interesting with Career mode this time.

I'm like alr, they really need to update the track roster. New tracks, maybe update things like Silverstone. Maybe we can actually get DIS? I mean they only run small events like the Daytona 500, and 24 hours of Daytona.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

alr posted:

Eugh I really don't want an Xbox One, but I really, really want Forza 5.

Same boat over here. I was already kinda 'whatever' about the Xbone, but then they confirmed all the stupid DRM horseshit they're doing and that has almost completely sank it for me. I'm not getting an Xbone or PS4 any time in the next couple years unless one or the other has the most mind-bendingly amazing E3 ever, but I just don't see that happening, especially on the Microsoft side of things with how much of a letdown their reveal was and how much of a PR fiasco the last few weeks has been for them.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Forza Motorsport is the only racing series I really like, and it makes me sad that i'm gonna have to skip it, but buying an Xbox One for Forza just isn't worth it. For the 360, it absolutely was. I hope Gran Turismo 6 turns out really awesome, but I don't mind sticking with Forza 4 for another 2 years, it has really great content.

ultimateforce
Apr 25, 2008

SKINNY JEANS CANT HOLD BACK THIS ARC
The only games I own for my 360 are Forza 3, Forza 4, and Horizon. I guess I am going to be in the minority taking the XBONE plunge to get Forza 5.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

ultimateforce posted:

The only games I own for my 360 are Forza 3, Forza 4, and Horizon. I guess I am going to be in the minority taking the XBONE plunge to get Forza 5.

See, I want to do this too, but the Xbox One just doesn't offer anything else that makes it worthwhile. I would literally just be buying it for one game and then probably having to put up with a massive amount of headaches due to millions of people being forced to log into a central Microsoft server to play games, even offline.

General Probe
Dec 28, 2004
Has this been done before?
Soiled Meat

ultimateforce posted:

Depending on the cost of the XBone I might too and it makes me sad...

Scatterfold
Nov 4, 2008

Here's my times for the 2 Multiclub rivals:

F200 Alps: 1:39.881

A600 Camino: 3:05.809 [gonna have to work on this one...]

Screenshots:

Sex Vicar
Oct 11, 2007

I thought this was a swingers party...
A new short Forza 5 teaser in this show at the 11:30 mark

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nxs0HBhQ6Mg

That is one pretty game. Please get rid of your stupid DRM Microsoft.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Sex Vicar posted:

A new short Forza 5 teaser in this show at the 11:30 mark

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nxs0HBhQ6Mg

That is one pretty game. Please get rid of your stupid DRM Microsoft.

gently caress gently caress gently caress, god drat that looks incredible.

GentlemanofLeisure
Aug 27, 2008

Iridium posted:

Update to my Alps time. 1:40.269 in a Sprite Mk1. 1,397lbs., 59 raging horsepower, hell yeah.

Screenshot

Definitely going to keep working on this one. I really should have gotten involved with this kind of informal multiplayer earlier. Drives me to try harder rather than just saying "welp, that's a good time, fuckit", but on an easier schedule to fit with work poo poo.

edit- My bad, did I say 1:40.269?

I totally meant 1:38.784. 66hp now after some tweaks. :c00l:

Screenshot
That's a good time, but the competition is Hatchbacks only!

Iridium
Apr 4, 2002

Wretched Harp

GentlemanofLeisure posted:

That's a good time, but the competition is Hatchbacks only!

Hah, goddammit, something was nagging at me about it. Alright then.

Jarf
Jun 25, 2006

PLATINUM

Crosspostin' from the SAEG thread. We did an AWD spec earlier in the week that led to some very close and fun racing.

Beep
Boop

Football was great fun

Gotta get that football

Oh the humanity!

That's a tackle.

Jarf fucked around with this message at 01:48 on Jun 9, 2013

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Hey AUGR dudes, check the club garage. Been busy this morning :wooper:

CovfefeCatCafe
Apr 11, 2006

A fresh attitude
brewed daily!

General Probe posted:

Depending on the cost of the XBone I might too and it makes me sad...

Me, too. XBone buddies :smith::respek::smith:

Also, before I forget, my times. Whatcubed3/GentlemanofLeisure, I'm friends with you, GT: Swedespeed.

For the hatchbacks, Ford Ka, 2:21.072, position 6,698 on the leaderboards.
For the Italians, DeTamosa Pantera 3:09.162, 16,950 on the leaderboards. I may try to improve this time as this is "standing start", mainly because it's hard to keep the pace I need to without dirtying a lap. I think this is one car whose limits are further than mine.

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

I may not have the fasest time but I'm the only one who can bring along 4 friends in luxury :smuggo:

Seriously though, I put together a Quattroporte for shits and giggles and it might be the best overall A class car I have; its stupid fast and the handling is staggering.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

L_Harrison
May 22, 2007
Gonna race with CFS's drivatar in Forza 5 and put his rear end in the wall :getin:

• Locked thread