Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.
I like the idea that you can take a handful of celebs and if Gilbert is one of them he's almost guaranteed to be the nicest, most respectful, humble one of the bunch.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wasco Jr.
Jan 11, 2006

"Cut the kids in half"
The fact Gilbert has a nice warm loving family makes me feel all good inside, hearing stories about how he used to be so emotionally hosed up with women and now it's all worked out for the best, it's like a Disney film, if Disney ever made a film about a short racist Jew who lived in the ghetto with lawn furniture in his apartment despite being a millionaire.

rawdog pozfail
Jan 2, 2006

by Ralp

Price Check posted:

I know it's been said over and over again in this thread, but if you're not watching Norm's video podcast, you're really missing out. This show is brilliant.

Oh man I got so excited when I read this post and realized that I forgot to listen to/watch this week's episode. I made a thread for Norm's show because more people need to be aware of how great it is.

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
Norm clearly has identified the key to comedy success as demonstrated by one Arthur Lange

(In what loving language is Lange pronounced "lang"?)

Irish Joe
Jul 23, 2007

by Lowtax

Crotch Bat posted:

I like the idea that you can take a handful of celebs and if Gilbert is one of them he's almost guaranteed to be the nicest, most respectful, humble one of the bunch.

Gilbert is amazing and his wife is the most amazing woman in the world.

Manifest
Jul 7, 2007

HELLO THERE I COME FROM THE FUTURE
Ronnie did a Q&A with Jon Leiberman where he overshared a lot.

http://www.howardstern.com/profiles/ronnie-mund#journal

Just so we're clear, Ronnie did leave his wife for a stripper right? Or did she kick him out after it was revealed that scores was a high end brothel?

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Manifest posted:

Ronnie did a Q&A with Jon Leiberman where he overshared a lot.

http://www.howardstern.com/profiles/ronnie-mund#journal

Just so we're clear, Ronnie did leave his wife for a stripper right? Or did she kick him out after it was revealed that scores was a high end brothel?

I'd think it was the latter; I don't know if he stuck with one girl after he dumped the wife.

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.
He's been dating the same girl basically since he left the wife. It's gotta be going on like 7-8+ years with her, too.

GenoCanSing
Mar 2, 2004

I'M ABOUT MEETIN' GIRLS, I'M ABOUT MEETIN' GUYS...

Wasco Jr.
Jan 11, 2006

"Cut the kids in half"
... Then you're gonna take a little drink

an adult beverage
Aug 13, 2005

1,2,3,4,5 dem gators don't take no jive. go gator -US Rep. Corrine Brown (D) FL
I love Ronnie. Him and Richard are the most entertaining people on the show.

edit: actually the best part about Ronnie is Fred's impression of him: "It's not urine, it's CUM"

an adult beverage fucked around with this message at 17:07 on Jun 7, 2013

Mochiloc
Dec 30, 2001

GenoCanSing posted:

I'M ABOUT MEETIN' GIRLS, I'M ABOUT MEETIN' GUYS...

I'M SCORES MAN DAMMIT

Brocktoon
Jul 18, 2006

Before we engage we should hang back and study their tactics.
Ronnie is like the most gruesome car wreck you've ever seen, with blood and limbs all over the place, but you can't possible look away from it as you drive by.

null_user01013
Nov 13, 2000

Drink up comrades

an adult beverage posted:

edit: actually the best part about Ronnie is Fred's impression of him: "It's not urine, it's CUM"

Fred makes so many people tolerable.

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything

Mochiloc posted:

I'M SCORES MAN DAMMIT

GOT A TATTOO

GenoCanSing
Mar 2, 2004

The one thing that bothered me about Scoresman/Rickyman thing is nobody ever pointing out to Ronnie that both places are basically places where you go and pay money to attractive women so they pretend to like you for a while. Thats it.

He isn't some cool guy going there and getting mad laid like he's at the Roxbury, he's just one more loser the girls make money from. Why would you be so proud of that? I mean, JD is a loser in the same way, but he knows enough not to wear it like a badge of honor.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

GenoCanSing posted:

The one thing that bothered me about Scoresman/Rickyman thing is nobody ever pointing out to Ronnie that both places are basically places where you go and pay money to attractive women so they pretend to like you for a while. Thats it.

He isn't some cool guy going there and getting mad laid like he's at the Roxbury, he's just one more loser the girls make money from. Why would you be so proud of that? I mean, JD is a loser in the same way, but he knows enough not to wear it like a badge of honor.

I'm pretty sure Scores was run by the mob, and I would also bet they could order women to have sex with Ronnie.

null_user01013
Nov 13, 2000

Drink up comrades

GenoCanSing posted:

Well, going to a strip club and being asked to represent it by the owner is another thing really.

DeadBonesBrook
May 31, 2011

How do you do, fellow Regis?

AxeManiac posted:

Fred makes so many people tolerable.

Best Fred impression was the King of Eretria

I HAFF A NECKLACE MADE FROM WOMEN'S CLITORISES, AND EAR MUFFS MADE FROM THEIR TITS

Qaz Kwaz
Jul 24, 2003
What's your email? I've got some shitty posts that you NEED to read.

DeadBonesBrook posted:

Best Fred impression was the King of Eretria

I HAFF A NECKLACE MADE FROM WOMEN'S CLITORISES, AND EAR MUFFS MADE FROM THEIR TITS

Man, I forgot about that. So great.

Mad Doctor Cthulhu
Mar 3, 2008

GenoCanSing posted:

Isn't that what is compelling about the show: watching people degrade themselves and not realize the true price of dignity? I'm sure Howard got it to some point, but nobody sees this as an ugly guy getting his due in the form of women and money. It's a bunch of sad middle-aged adolescents not figuring out that they've won the battle but already lost the war.

an adult beverage
Aug 13, 2005

1,2,3,4,5 dem gators don't take no jive. go gator -US Rep. Corrine Brown (D) FL
Jesus Christ

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

In case you ever think of taking entertainment reporting seriously.

Banditoh
Aug 13, 2005

That was loving painful. Lisa G is one of the most annoying people ever, and that article was a piece of a poo poo. I can't wait for her book to tank. I'm such an angry little man.

Wasco Jr.
Jan 11, 2006

"Cut the kids in half"
"Lisa G. says: “If you feel like you’re going bananas because your guy won’t commit, by all means add Banana Nut Crunch. If your boyfriend is a real jackass, then Apple Jacks would be perfect, and maybe you should eat them yourself — he doesn’t deserve cookies. If you want to drop a big hint and tell your guy that you’re ready to go all the way, mix in some Lucky Charms. You get the drift.”"

Let me just take relationship advice from an unmarried woman with no children in her 50's

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Wasco Jr. posted:

"Lisa G. says: “If you feel like you’re going bananas because your guy won’t commit, by all means add Banana Nut Crunch. If your boyfriend is a real jackass, then Apple Jacks would be perfect, and maybe you should eat them yourself — he doesn’t deserve cookies. If you want to drop a big hint and tell your guy that you’re ready to go all the way, mix in some Lucky Charms. You get the drift.”"

Let me just take relationship advice from an unmarried woman with no children in her 50's

:staredog:

Spinster.txt

null_user01013
Nov 13, 2000

Drink up comrades
It's like Gene Shalit wrote a book out of nothing but punny review headlines.

If you wanna get lucky, use some Lucky Charm, hopefully he doesn't have grape nuts! Waka Waka Waka!

musclecoder
Oct 23, 2006

I'm all about meeting girls. I'm all about meeting guys.

shitthatdidnthappen.txt

Former Human
Oct 15, 2001

I don't want to eat cookies made out of cereal, Lisa.

Chicken Butt
Oct 27, 2010

musclecoder posted:

shitthatdidnthappen.txt

Ha, I was just about to make the same exact post!

This, especially, never happened:

"Once she showed up at his door nude under a fur coat, bearing a plate of “How to Get a Man Chocolate Chip Cheesecake Squares.”"

I'd be willing to bet all of the money I'll ever earn for the rest of my life on it.

Tim Selaty Jr
May 16, 2011

by Pipski

jimma posted:

I'd be willing to bet all of the money I'll ever earn for the rest of my life on it.

What do you do for a living?

Chicken Butt
Oct 27, 2010

Tim Selaty Jr posted:

What do you do for a living?

Nothing that that's going to make me rich, but even if I were Bill Gates, I'd still make the bet. It's just such a dumb women's-magazine cliché, and so 180-degrees out of character for Lisa G. And it shoehorns in the stupid cookies, which is the stupid gimmick of her stupid book.

(For the record, I don't usually rage about the relatively harmless lies of people whom I'll never meet, but something about the shameless phoniness of this book really chaps my hide.)

null_user01013
Nov 13, 2000

Drink up comrades

jimma posted:

(For the record, I don't usually rage about the relatively harmless lies of people whom I'll never meet, but something about the shameless phoniness of this book really chaps my hide.)

Get ready to hold your bile back when the book is out and the staff keeps telling her how hot and sexy she is and bobo calls in to ask Howard who is hotter, Liser G or Beth

Tim Selaty Jr
May 16, 2011

by Pipski
It's kind of sad that O&A have moved on from their Howard rage because if they could manage to mock Stern without sounding pathetic, the last couple of years are ripe for goofing.

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
Yeah, there aren't many sicker burns than "Haha Howard has $600 million dollars what a dope"

Brocktoon
Jul 18, 2006

Before we engage we should hang back and study their tactics.
"You get the drift" is not a saying. It's either "you catch my drift" or "you get the jist".

Sasquatch!
Nov 18, 2000

Tim Selaty Jr posted:

It's kind of sad that O&A have moved on from their Howard rage because if they could manage to mock Stern without sounding pathetic, the last couple of years are ripe for goofing.
They do usually come off as kind of bitter, but Howard's "reaction" at the end of this - where O & A play remixed audio from Emily Stern's "Kabbalah" play - had me laughing pretty hard. Starts here:
http://youtu.be/jAbKhUdb0cE?t=7m10s

kylej
Jul 6, 2004

Grimey Drawer

article posted:

Radio personality Lisa G. — best-known for her spots on Howard Stern’s “Howard 100 News” on Sirius XM

what a career

musclecoder
Oct 23, 2006

I'm all about meeting girls. I'm all about meeting guys.
In case there was any question about Lisa G being insane:

"Welcome to New York!"
"But I have soooo many ideas!"
"Oh, two camera shoot?"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=whI0RmYvhcg

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Like, can you imagine the meeting they had where they were trying to figure out Twitter. It's actually making me dumber to hear them discuss this part of the bit.