Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN
:nms: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Breast_implants.JPG :nms:

horrifyingly huge titty snip e

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat
i'm the outward-pointing areolae

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
I'm the lifetime of back pain

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe
every one a bleach blond

and americans will tell you that the foot binding in ancient chinee is a disgusting practice (okay it was but god drat)

Sniep
Mar 28, 2004

All I needed was that fatty blunt...

King of Breakfast

Lutha Mahtin posted:

well theres only one minot in nodak....and my grandmother makes the most bitchin kuchen you will ever eat

also

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yesui

the poops?

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe
if someone manages to make boobs gross you know there is something seriously wrong, zall im saiyan

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN
also look at the article that links to that picture http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Polypropylene_breast_implants (nws)

apparently that type of boob implant makes titties grow infinitely

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

id say slenderman is the exact definition of fakelore.

people have turned a one-off photoshop in a gbs thread a few years ago into some character people actually believe exists, and also believe the slenderman tales have been around since the 18th century or some poo poo like that

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Quine Connoisseur posted:

also look at the article that links to that picture http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Polypropylene_breast_implants (nws)

the implant is literally a coil of this stuff

if you've ever gone sailing or canoeing or camping or really anything out in nature you know that polypro rope is the worst loving rope in the world. it debraids and shreds and never cuts cleanly and won't hold a knot but somehow is impossible to and untie it hurts your hands and when it gets old it dissolves into a mass of fibers like those hairy cactus spines that get stuck in your skin and it's just goddamned awful

like, it's not even good rope, so obviously a good use for it is implant it in boobs. gently caress

i went to school with a girl from argentina who told me how the really poor hookers there would get back alley implants using tire rubber, shoe soles or silicone caulking though so there's always worse out there

mcnealys baby
Nov 3, 2002

ohhh here we go

Sagebrush posted:

the implant is literally a coil of this stuff

if you've ever gone sailing or canoeing or camping or really anything out in nature you know that polypro rope is the worst loving rope in the world. it debraids and shreds and never cuts cleanly and won't hold a knot but somehow is impossible to and untie it hurts your hands and when it gets old it dissolves into a mass of fibers like those hairy cactus spines that get stuck in your skin and it's just goddamned awful

like, it's not even good rope, so obviously a good use for it is implant it in boobs. gently caress

i went to school with a girl from argentina who told me how the really poor hookers there would get back alley implants using tire rubber, shoe soles or silicone caulking though so there's always worse out there

this fake doctor used cement for some reason

http://radaronline.com/exclusives/2012/08/cement-butt-implant-doctor-arrested-manslaughter-victim-fears-may-next-die/

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat

Quine Connoisseur posted:

:stonk:

Polypropylene implants absorb water very slowly, about <0.01% in 24 hours.[1][full citation needed] The polypropylene, which is yarn-like, causes irritation to the implant pocket which causes the production of serum which fills the implant pocket on a continual basis.

ANIME MONSTROSITY
Jun 1, 2012

by XyloJW

im the erection

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

the article posted:

cement butt implant

mods

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat

Sagebrush posted:

burn the earth

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat
hey everyone let's have some spergtastic formatting to make the pain go away

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Sham bam bamina! posted:

hey everyone let's have some spergtastic formatting to make the pain go away

gotta say, that's a good job of layout :thumbsup:

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Your brokebrain sin is absolved...go and shitpost no more!

prefect posted:

gotta say, that's a good job of layout :thumbsup:

optimized for mobile, even

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat

Lutha Mahtin posted:

optimized for mobile, even
this is my favorite section

Sham bam bamina! fucked around with this message at 21:45 on Jun 9, 2013

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe
"The real answer for the choice for the 6502 vs. 68000 was price.
Secondary considerations (that did not really enter into the decision
making process): 68000 code is very fat compared to 6502 code. An
application that takes 1K of 6502 code averages 2.5 to 3K of 68000 code.
The 6502 is very bus-efficient, the 68000 has lots of dead time on the
bus. As for it being harder to write 68000 code, that is probably not
true, and in any case was not part of the reason the decision was made."
--Stephen Landrum

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

The Boeing 737-200QC is the undisputed workhorse of the skies.

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012
idiot asshole bitch who should fuck off
Scrotum (dinosaur)

quote:

The Cornwell bone was described again by Richard Brookes in 1763. He called it "Scrotum humanum," while comparing its appearance to a pair of human testicles. The label was not considered to be a proper Linnaean "name" for the animal in question at the time, and was not used in subsequent literature. Technically, though, the name was published after the advent of binomial nomenclature, and so, if it were truly intended to represent the establishment of a new genus, it would have priority over Megalosaurus.

However, the rules of the ICZN state that if a name has never been considered valid after 1899, it could be removed from competition for priority, becoming a nomen oblitum (forgotten name), while the junior synonym (in this case Megalosaurus bucklandi) could be made a nomen protectum (protected name).[2] In the early 1990s, W.A.S. Sarjeant submitted a petition to the ICZN to formally suppress the genus name Scrotum in favor of Megalosaurus. The Executive Secretary of the ICZN at the time, P.K. Tubbs, rejected the petition, concluding that the term "Scrotum humanum", published merely as a label for an illustration, did not constitute the valid creation of a new name, and stated that there was no evidence it was ever intended as such. Furthermore, the partial femur was too incomplete to definitely be referred to Megalosaurus and not a different, contemporary theropod.[3]

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012
idiot asshole bitch who should fuck off
National Ploughing Championships

quote:

The first inter-county Ploughing contest took place in 1931 as a result of an argument between two lifelong friends, Denis Allen of Gorey, County Wexford and JJ Bergin of Athy, County Kildare. Each argued that their respective counties had the best ploughmen. This resulted in a challenge being called for. Therefore on Monday 16 February 1931, the first National Ploughing contest took place in Mr W.K. Hosie’s field at Coursetown in Athy.[citation needed]

Since then, the National Ploughing Championships has grown in size, year on year. It has expanded from requiring a small field of 26 acres to needing over 700 acres of land today. Within this, the site now requires 220 acres for ploughing, 80 acres for trade stands and exhibition space, 400 acres of car parking and a demonstration area of approximately 25 acres. Since its inception, the National Ploughing Championships has become much more than just an annual inter-county competition; it has become an intrinsic part of Irish rural life.[citation needed]

The National Championships is now no longer just for ploughing or machinery enthusiasts, the modern event now features something for just about every member of the community. These include a Tented Trade Village, a Food Fair, Craft Village, Livestock, Forestry, Education, Lifestyle, Financial Services, Bio Energy and Agri Service. Along with this, there are many entertainment and special events taking place. Some of these include: Fashion Shows, Celebrity Guests, Sheep Dog Trials, Loy Digging, All Ireland Lamb Shearing, Most Appropriately Dressed Lady & Gent Competitions, Craft Demonstrations, Meggers, Celebrity Cookery Demonstrations, Outdoor Radio Broadcasts and much more. With all this happening, the yearly championships usually attracts in excess of 1100 exhibitors and up to 190,000 visitors.

Music at the National Ploughing Championships

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe
In a contest, a row of small cages, each housing a single male finch, are lined up approximately six feet apart along a street. The close proximity of the cages increases the number of calls, as the birds sing for mates and to establish territory. A timekeeper begins and ends the contest with a red flag. Every time a bird sings a correct terminating flourish to their call—most often transcribed as susk-e-wiet—a tally mark in chalk is made on a long wooden stick. The bird singing its song the most times during one hour wins the contest. Champion finches regularly sing hundreds of calls in contests.

Nomnom Cookie
Aug 30, 2009

Dead Inside Darwin posted:

the flag is really the only good part about this state

crab cakes bro, you forgot crab cakes

as someone born and raised in MD i can affirm that the only good things about MD are the flag and crab cakes

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat

PleasingFungus posted:

National Ploughing Championships

Music at the National Ploughing Championships
gently caress you, that's not worthless at all

the autastic "commentary" on this page is though and it fukken ruins it

(on the other hand some of the explanations and clarifications are priceless :v:)

Sham bam bamina! fucked around with this message at 01:40 on Jun 12, 2013

Adult Sword Owner
Jun 19, 2011

u deserve diploma for sublime comedy expertise

Nomnom Cookie posted:

crab cakes bro, you forgot crab cakes

as someone born and raised in MD i can affirm that the only good things about MD are the flag and crab cakes

crab cakes/old bay are good

im used to old bay just being around because my dad is from delaware so it was basically a staple, never really knew it as a MD specialty

Nomnom Cookie
Aug 30, 2009

delaware is just maryland with no sales tax

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Sham bam bamina! posted:

(on the other hand some of the explanations and clarifications are priceless :v:)

22.86 Centimetre Nails [12]

Redirect to Nine Inch Nails. Trent Reznor is not likely to go metric any time soon.

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch

Nomnom Cookie posted:

delaware is just maryland with no sales tax

also farther away from DC so that's a bonus

LP97S
Apr 25, 2008
Musician Ringo Starr made a guest appearance in the episode as himself. He was the first Beatle to appear on the show; both George Harrison and Paul McCartney would later guest star on the show in the season five episode "Homer's Barbershop Quartet" and the season seven episode "Lisa the Vegetarian" respectively (John Lennon was killed before the show began).

Meat Beat Agent
Aug 5, 2007

felonious assault with a sproinging boner
List of Dads Who Make Other Dads Eat Bugs [421]
The article itself was completely blank, but the talk page just read "my dad".

Meat Beat Agent
Aug 5, 2007

No one reacts like the Militray Bases(Except Wright-Paterson Air Force).I miss being able to call them.When i try to phone anyone--I Vomit.--I do not get Hospital sick,I just Vomit Once,So i know this a War Criminal attack on my life,and the Children. [534]

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl

Sham bam bamina! posted:

Bob Dole Memorial Ocean [75]
Was a redirect to Pacific Ocean.

rofl

Malloc Voidstar
May 7, 2007

Fuck the cowboys. Unf. Fuck em hard.
Though the initial growth of the fandom may have come from 4chan participants enjoying the ironic nature of grown men enjoying a show for girls, the fandom continues to grow based on sincere appreciation of the work. Robert Thompson, a professor of media studies at Syracuse University, stated that "It's one thing for guys to like motorcycles and muscle cars and soccer. For a guy to like My Little Pony, it's so out there that it becomes almost avant garde. It has a hip quality to it."[33] According to Anglela Watchcutter of Wired, the fandom is an example of internet neo-sincerity, where these older viewers watch the show "un-ironically" and "without guilt" breaking gender stereotypes,[34] furthermore creating new material around it.[14]

Suspicious Dish
Sep 24, 2011

2020 is the year of linux on the desktop, bro
Fun Shoe

Aleksei Vasiliev posted:

internet neo-sincerity

mooooods

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat

Aleksei Vasiliev posted:

Though the initial growth of the fandom may have come from 4chan participants enjoying the ironic nature of grown men enjoying a show for girls, the fandom continues to grow based on sincere appreciation of the work. Robert Thompson, a professor of media studies at Syracuse University, stated that "It's one thing for guys to like motorcycles and muscle cars and soccer. For a guy to like My Little Pony, it's so out there that it becomes almost avant garde. It has a hip quality to it."[33] According to Anglela Watchcutter of Wired, the fandom is an example of internet neo-sincerity, where these older viewers watch the show "un-ironically" and "without guilt" breaking gender stereotypes,[34] furthermore creating new material around it.[14]

Adult Sword Owner
Jun 19, 2011

u deserve diploma for sublime comedy expertise

Aleksei Vasiliev posted:

i keep hearing theres a violence epidemic in the US but it keeps not targeting these people

i just disproved god :dawkins101:

Nomnom Cookie
Aug 30, 2009

internet neo-sincerity

was the person defining that sincere or neo-sincere i cant tell

Meat Beat Agent
Aug 5, 2007

neo-insincerity is the new sincerity

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

Dead Inside Darwin posted:

i keep hearing theres a violence epidemic in the US but it keeps not targeting these people

i just disproved god :dawkins101:

there is less crime in america than ever, the "epidemic of violence" bullshit is usually thinly veiled racism