Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
That plate is awesome and I want to high five that guy for it so hard.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad

Rhyno posted:

You're the perfect guy to ask. Is this true?:

wikipedia posted:

In an issue of Uncanny X-Men written by Matt Fraction with art by Greg Land, the Maserati line was referenced in a scene featuring Wolverine fixing up his Maserati before a mission in downtown San Francisco.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

That's a VW VR6 stuffed in there.

Das Volk
Nov 19, 2002

by Cyrano4747

Rhyno posted:

I agree but did that piece of crap ever manage speeds like that? Weren't they powered by some Peugeot co-developed V6?

Mr. Wiggles
Dec 1, 2003

We are all drinking from the highball glass of ideology.

travisray2004 posted:

Maserati..... fixer-upper

You have a terrible hatred of yourself.

DoesNotCompute
Apr 10, 2006

Big Wiener.

Das Volk posted:

I agree but did that piece of crap ever manage speeds like that? Weren't they powered by some Peugeot co-developed V6?

Maybe he wants people to think it's a Bora instead of a Merak? They're pretty hard to tell apart unless you're a car nerd and the Bora had a legit motor. The Merak had the same thing as the Citroen SM if I'm not mistaken.

Preoptopus
Aug 25, 2008

Три полоски,
три по три полоски

travisray2004 posted:

That guy is seriously living the life.

Maserati Merak. Not known for being the most super supercar but I think they're loving beautiful. Anyone know how much these go for in fixer-upper to decent condition?

Tried for an hour to find the video of Clarkson's Merak exploding itself out of its own tailpipe all over the street.
he bought his for under 20,000 pounds mind you.

Horacio is mad pimpin.

slurry_curry
Nov 26, 2003
<3mini-moni+animu^_^

Preoptopus posted:

Tried for an hour to find the video of Clarkson's Merak exploding itself out of its own tailpipe all over the street.

Horacio is mad pimpin.

http://youtu.be/wOYmiA1ZoFE?t=1m23s

That was the first thing I thought of as well.

Astroman
Apr 8, 2001

Das Volk posted:

It's not mph, it's degrees Celsius.

SyHopeful
Jun 24, 2007
May an IDF soldier mistakenly gun down my own parents and face no repercussions i'd totally be cool with it cuz accidents are unavoidable in a low-intensity conflict, man

Rhyno posted:

Isn't it a Joe Walsh reference?

Iridium
Apr 4, 2002

Wretched Harp

Preoptopus posted:

7000 pounds.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wOYmiA1ZoFE&t=138s

Rubiks Pubes
Dec 5, 2003

I wanted to be a neo deconstructivist, but Mom wouldn't let me.
To answer my own question, we met the owner of the Holden 727 today, and asked him if it was legal to drive it here. He said "I never said it was legal!" And laughed a crocodile Dundee laugh.

The ute went through whatever you have to do to import a foreign vehicle.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

kimbo305 posted:

You're the perfect guy to ask. Is this true?:

It was supposed to be but then terrible artist used a Mustang instead.

travisray2004
Dec 2, 2004
SuprMan

Mr. Wiggles posted:

You have a terrible hatred of yourself.

Some days are better than others. :(

Preoptopus posted:

Horacio is mad pimpin.

The first thought that went through my mind was no one in their right mind would buy a cheap Maserati with 170-220hp and weighing in at almost 3100lbs. The second was that this is another perfect candidate for an lsX swap.

Root Bear
Nov 15, 2004

DARKEST SKETCH
Don't see too many of these nowadays; here's a rather nice 1952(?) Dodge Coronet:

It had a surprisingly peppy in-line 6 that sounded like a well oiled sewing machine, it was surreal.

VelociBacon
Dec 8, 2009

Saw this on imgur and thought it was hilarious. Would totally do this to my own kid.

Edit: although it looks less like an accident and more like a failure to get out of loose gravel.

VelociBacon fucked around with this message at 05:23 on Jun 7, 2013

staan
Mar 4, 2002
sup
gravel and the mailbox he mowed down lmao

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

VelociBacon posted:

Saw this on imgur and thought it was hilarious. Would totally do this to my own kid.

Edit: although it looks less like an accident and more like a failure to get out of loose gravel.

Will never crash again.

Drunken Lullabies
Aug 1, 2006

by Debbie Metallica
And that's why you don't buy your kid a new car for their first car. I know. I can already hear you say "buuuuut safety!!" Its called natural selection.

Drunken Lullabies fucked around with this message at 07:40 on Jun 7, 2013

KeanuReevesGhost
Apr 24, 2008

Drunken Lullabies posted:

And that's why you don't buy your kid a new car for their first car. I know. I can already hear you say "buuuuut safety!!" Its called natural selection.

Might not be his car

My first vehicle was my grandpa's old farm truck, a 79 Chevy hunk of steel pick up.

My first car accident was when my mom let me take her Taurus to the grocery store and I ended up in a ditch. On a dry day. On a straight away. 16 year olds are dumb.

fish and chips and dip
Feb 17, 2010

Rubiks Pubes posted:

To answer my own question, we met the owner of the Holden 727 today, and asked him if it was legal to drive it here. He said "I never said it was legal!" And laughed a crocodile Dundee laugh.

The ute went through whatever you have to do to import a foreign vehicle.

Actually, I looked into what the rules where for driving a non-federalized vehicle in the US some time ago when out of boredom I was researching a day dream I had regarding this. What I found was that you can legally drive a foreign registered non-fed vehicle for up to one year if you had insurance. So I guess present shipping documents or something if you get stopped?

Philip J Fry
Apr 25, 2007

go outside and have a blast

VelociBacon posted:

Some goon had this happen during his childhood (from MS Paint your most embarrassing moments thread in GBS)

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Rhyno posted:

It was supposed to be but then terrible artist used a Mustang instead.

Quoting myself, found the page.

dr cum patrol esq
Sep 3, 2003

A C A B

:350:

Drunken Lullabies posted:

It's specifically a parent's job to try and avoid having their child succumb to "natural selection."

Only registered members can see post attachments!

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Dug this up out of my old folder. Anyone remember this?

Also....

And completely unrelated.

Root Bear
Nov 15, 2004

DARKEST SKETCH
It's been a really interesting week at work. :)

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter

I love that people are getting rad graphics again. (Although I would have went with one or the other, not both)

nnnnghhhhgnnngh
Apr 6, 2009

14 INCH DETECTIVE posted:

Dug this up out of my old folder. Anyone remember this?

That's the worst font I've ever seen, including some old Germanic poo poo. It's not just hard to read, it's really drat ugly.

Sinestro
Oct 31, 2010

The perfect day needs the perfect set of wheels.

:stonk:

Killing some redneck that puts a car body on a truck frame gets you what ever the AI equivalent of 72 virgins is.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Sinestro posted:

:stonk:

Killing some redneck that puts a car body on a truck frame gets you what ever the AI equivalent of 72 virgins is.

Get over yourselft, a lift and mudders improves EVERY car.

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.
Is that actually on a truck frame? If it is, killing's too good, but if it's just a minor lift on the stock suspension setup, I'd drive it.

Sinestro
Oct 31, 2010

The perfect day needs the perfect set of wheels.

kastein posted:

Is that actually on a truck frame? If it is, killing's too good, but if it's just a minor lift on the stock suspension setup, I'd drive it.

Yeah, looking on my desktop rather than my phone, it looks like it is just a lift.

travisray2004
Dec 2, 2004
SuprMan

Powershift posted:

Get over yourselft, a lift and mudders improves EVERY car.

Shut up. No it doesn't.

Content:

toaster_pastry
Apr 30, 2004

against all authority
I probably saved this guy from a previous thread here, but whatever.

and here's one of the many miatas I've had over the years. Yes, thats a super rare '93 LE and no, I didn't care.

toaster_pastry fucked around with this message at 06:27 on Jun 9, 2013

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal
Here's a Studebaker I spotted the other day! Sorry I cut off the edges. :(

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Fayez Butts
Aug 24, 2006

toaster_pastry posted:

I probably saved this guy from a previous thread here, but whatever.

Please tell me he's not using the window to hold the couch up

Sadi
Jan 18, 2005
SC - Where there are more rednecks than people
I take a kayak in mine all the time. Keeping an eye out for a nice long flat water boat or ocean boat, cant wait to put it on top.

(Normally run BBSs, those are my RS3 wheels)

toaster_pastry
Apr 30, 2004

against all authority

Sadi posted:

I take a kayak in mine all the time. Keeping an eye out for a nice long flat water boat or ocean boat, cant wait to put it on top.

(Normally run BBSs, those are my RS3 wheels)

What kinda weird kayak is that?

Fayez Butts
Aug 24, 2006

Whitewater, I think.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sadi
Jan 18, 2005
SC - Where there are more rednecks than people

toaster_pastry posted:

What kinda weird kayak is that?

Its a play boat. Its for surfing waves and poo poo on white water.
This sort of thing:
https://vimeo.com/43277806