Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"

Geektox posted:

I need this for all my friends. Where did you get it?

I got it at FYE in their clearance section, though sadly I don't think it's available online. It was also a dollar less than the sticker price!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Lobster on a liberally buttered roll

colas
Feb 14, 2007

Mu Zeta posted:

Lobster on a liberally buttered roll

Wow, where?

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

colas posted:

Wow, where?

Right there between the sliced-up bread halves, are you blind?

Nicolas
Apr 9, 2005

they'll be afraid
because they don't have any faith
they'll claim that they believe but that is not how they behave

colas posted:

Wow, where?

Looks like Woodhouse Fish Co. in San Francisco.

FinnDiesel
Feb 13, 2013

I bought this wireless keyboard for my Samsung Smart-tv, which turned out to be a huge mistake. First, it cost 40€ where I bought it, second, it only works on the web browser, and third, the web browser throws the on-screen keyboard every time I write something. Well, I can still hook it up to my computer and connect it to my tv.

Heresiarch
Oct 6, 2005

Literature is not exhaustible, for the sufficient and simple reason that no single book is. A book is not an isolated being: it is a relationship, an axis of innumerable relationships.

Varaani posted:

I bought this wireless keyboard for my Samsung Smart-tv, which turned out to be a huge mistake. First, it cost 40€ where I bought it, second, it only works on the web browser, and third, the web browser throws the on-screen keyboard every time I write something. Well, I can still hook it up to my computer and connect it to my tv.

I'm using this exact model for an HTPC and it's really good.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Nicolas posted:

Looks like Woodhouse Fish Co. in San Francisco.

Yes it is. The pic is from their Fillmore location, but I suggest everyones goes to the one on Market st.

LooksLikeABabyRat
Jun 26, 2008

Oh dang, I'd nibble that cheese

I want to go on food adventures with you Mu Zeta. You're always eating the best looking things. I live in SF too.

lunar detritus
May 6, 2009

Heresiarch posted:

I'm using this exact model for an HTPC and it's really good.

Same here, I love it.

b0nes
Sep 11, 2001

Mu Zeta posted:

Yes it is. The pic is from their Fillmore location, but I suggest everyones goes to the one on Market st.

What's a good place in SF to get clam chowder or a lobster bisque?

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Never had lobster bisque :(

Clam chowder has been meh in every place I've tried (including Swan Oyster Depot) and I don't order it anymore.

goku chewbacca
Dec 14, 2002

Varaani posted:

You Europeans get hosed on electronics pricing. I paid $5 for the K400 keyboard at Staples. For $5, it's the best HTPC keyboard out there.

MeatRocket8
Aug 3, 2011

Speaking of food, I got a pair of tickets to the annual Laughlin, NV Food Fest

It's one amazing buffet. Head chefs from Las Vegas hotels come and make food thats fancier than what they serve at the hotels. I pretty much just load up on the alaskan king crab legs, with a few lobster tails, some shrimp, and a steak. They have a bunch of prize drawings. They hire beautiful models to give out cocktails, and its funny because the crowd is 90% senior couples, and the men try not stare or get a boner with their disapproving wives by their side.

Back it up Terry
Nov 20, 2006

Call Now posted:

Nokia 301. It's pretty much the best phone ever

Did ˙ou get this outside the US? It looks like the perfect phone for people who only care about battery life, Facebook, and twitter.

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

compton rear end terry posted:

Did ˙ou get this outside the US? It looks like the perfect phone for people who only care about battery life, Facebook, and twitter.

I too am interested in this, but I can't seem to find it anywhere in the UK.

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.

Jerry Cotton posted:

Right there between the sliced-up bread halves, are you blind?

Oh man, those is just a folded slice of bread, isn't it? A true lobster roll requires a NE-style hotdog bun.

Mu Zeta posted:

Clam chowder has been meh in every place I've tried (including Swan Oyster Depot) and I don't order it anymore.

It's chowdah! Say it right!

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

DrBouvenstein posted:

Oh man, those is just a folded slice of bread, isn't it? A true lobster roll requires a NE-style hotdog bun.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6C7PE2YdEQ4

Showdair!

the kawaiiest
Dec 22, 2010

Uguuuu ~

:dance:

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

DrBouvenstein posted:

Not exactly but close. What they do is slice a really thick piece of fluffy sweet bread and then split the top, and then bathe it in butter and toast it.

suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

:siren:I CANNOT EJACULATE WITHOUT SEEING NATIVE AMERICANS BRUTALISED!:siren:

Put this cum-loving slave on ignore immediately!
Pilot desk fountain pens. Imported from Japan, made (and priced) to actually be used at less than 1/4 of what a replacement gold nib costs around here :goonsay:.

mikerock
Oct 29, 2005

Nur_Neerg
Sep 1, 2004

The Lumbering but Unstoppable Sasquatch of the Appalachians

Just got the shipping confirmation for mah vinyl of this. Pretty excited!

Tora! Tora! Tora!
Dec 28, 2008

Shake it baby

Duck and Cover posted:

The Linoto ones. They are nice but most of the colors in queen/king are two pieces attached with a seam down the middle.
I actually got an extra flat sheet because when I asked for a replacement for it he was nice enough to let me keep the one I had bought. Instead of just sending me a white one, had one dyed to match the ones I had bought as a surprise. Great customer service (although may be kind of slow responding to emails ) , great sheets, great company.

I've got the Restoration Hardware sheets (most inexpensive linen I could find, RH always has 20% off sales) and they're a bit thin but have held up fine. Linen is amazing to sleep on, especially if you're somewhere hot, and they get softer every time you wash them. I really wanna try the Rough Linen sheets tho', $$ but they've gotten amazing reviews.

Content - just splurged on these yesterday when I ran across them at Last Call:

BRB planning my outfit for tomorrow...

mikerock
Oct 29, 2005

Nur_Neerg posted:

Just got the shipping confirmation for mah vinyl of this. Pretty excited!

Downloaded the .wav from bleep, vinyl is incoming. It's really good. Really really good.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer

Just placed my preorder!

Man it's gonna be a long couple of months.

ANIME MONSTROSITY
Jun 1, 2012

by XyloJW

compton rear end terry posted:

Yeah, I bought it in Poland. I don't think it'll appear in US, sorry :( Frankston, I think you'd have more luck importing it from mainland Europe.
Also it has that fast hsdpa internet, that just owns.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
The REI in Tannesborne/Hillsboro was having a Garage Sale (used/returned items on sale). Picked up some great stuff for :10bux: instead of :20bux:

Arc'Teryx Gamma LT Hoodie in Black.

Arc'Teryx Theta AR Jacket in Summit Sky.

Vasque Breeze 2.0 GTX. As you can see, it was well used. No insoles, but $20 ones from Target fixed that.

cis_eraser_420
Mar 1, 2013

Wait, it's out? Holy poo poo yes

carnivaljunkie
Apr 7, 2006

What's it like in funny little brains? It must be so boring.

t_violet posted:

BRB planning my outfit for tomorrow...

I'm not a huge fan of snakeskin, but I'm loving the gently caress out of the design of the heel on the shoe.

PaganGoatPants
Jan 18, 2012

TODAY WAS THE SPECIAL SALE DAY!
Grimey Drawer
Man of Steel Deluxe soundtrack.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

t_violet posted:

Alexander McQueen hoooly poo poo. :monocle:

How much did you pay? I love Arc'Teryx but their stuff is so drat expensive. :(

Tora! Tora! Tora!
Dec 28, 2008

Shake it baby

carnivaljunkie posted:

I'm not a huge fan of snakeskin, but I'm loving the gently caress out of the design of the heel on the shoe.

Thanks! The shoe is python and watersnake but I think the neutral color keeps it from looking too Las Vegas gambler-esque (to me anyway) and the heel is horn. I don't know what type of horn but it has a lovely translucentness and I think it kinda looks like a big claw.

Better side pic:

They're kinda a tamed down version of these infamous shoes:

Trap Star
Jul 21, 2010

t_violet posted:

Thanks! The shoe is python and watersnake but I think the neutral color keeps it from looking too Las Vegas gambler-esque (to me anyway) and the heel is horn. I don't know what type of horn but it has a lovely translucentness and I think it kinda looks like a big claw.

I think (and I think carnivaljunkie thinks) that the heel looks like a snake's fang. Great shoes.

joshsboringlife
Apr 21, 2011

All I did was offer to kill your dog and the next thing I know I am being judged.
I got Diet Dr Pepper. I purchase several of these a week and get a new cup every time. I imagine the soda and ice inside of the dispensers must be crawling with bacteria but it doesn't prevent me from buying them anyway.

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

t_violet posted:

They're kinda a tamed down version of these infamous shoes:

Those are easily the ugliest shoes I've ever seen. :psyduck:

Edit for content:

I bought a steamer:

A bench:

and some weights, a foam roller, running gear, that kind of stuff. Time to get fit and healthy.

Frankston has a new favorite as of 16:08 on Jun 10, 2013

Tulip Candy
Jan 23, 2007

I love tuna fish and field mouse pudding.

A 5-course meal to celebrate our 7 year anniversary, at SPQR in SF. The chicken liver mousse with strawberry jam was like the best "peanut butter and jelly" sandwich ever. Dear god, so good.

An audiobook because if I'm going to suffer from insomnia, I might as well stay in bed listening to something interesting.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

Josh Lyman posted:

How much did you pay? I love Arc'Teryx but their stuff is so drat expensive. :(

40% off retail price, then another 50% off. The Gamma ended up being $125. The Theta had a "bad zipper" so it was marked down to $280, so I ended up paying $140 for it. :psyduck:

Morse
Jul 11, 2001

everyone's out to get you motherfucker

Duck and Cover posted:

Linen Towel from Outlier. $75 + whatever shipping came to +11ish yeah that sounds right.

Would love to hear what you think of this once you get it. I like that it packs down so small. I just ordered their three way shorts and a ultrafine merino tee and was debating on getting a towel too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

Morse posted:

Would love to hear what you think of this once you get it. I like that it packs down so small. I just ordered their three way shorts and a ultrafine merino tee and was debating on getting a towel too.

17.5 merino is great I have 3 of the Ibex shirts they rock. Sadly it seems I am apparently super abrasive and have a tendency to get holes in anything wool. (4ish times with the Ibex tee, a pair of woolies got a hole, first wash of my brahms mount blanket, once with a icebreaker shirt all were replaced). I've been tempted to get the Outlier tee, however I prefer Ibex's replacement/return policy and on sales it's cheaper and with the way I go through wool stuff I'm not going to risk it.

The towel is nice absorbs well drys pretty quickly (linen is faster than cotton slower than wool in my experience) however it isn't exactly plush.

• Locked thread