Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Seymour Butts
Jun 26, 2003
I break girls in like baseball gloves

Fingers McLongDong posted:

Ggs earlier joey aces. I've never played a batgirl before so it took me a couple matches to figure out exactly what was happening. Hit me up again some time, I'll probably keep grinding out with green lantern. Trying to avoid the temptation to fall back on doomsday for a while.

Hell yea, we had some great matches. Your Doomsday and Lantern are both top notch! :cool:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

I'd like to point out that my msg (ErrantElement) was tongue in cheek.

With that said, Calamity is still totally gay.

Krad
Feb 4, 2008

Touche
Whelp, pretty sure Scorpion's my new favourite character. Can't believe how many resets he has at his disposal, not to mention the disorienting constant teleports (make sure they're jumpy before doing that).

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

"I stood there, wondering why the puck was getting bigger...

and then it hit me."

Tournament player Playing To Win put up a short video of his Sinestro vs. Funkdoc's Batman and a long video of his Killer Frost vs. Funkdoc's Batman. Both videos also feature Mario Party action involving fighting game players and some very excited young kid:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p6G_TXL3pgY
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eRv4ga-iUAI

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Oh my god I'm in love with Playing 2 Win's Sinestro corner combos.

Must. Learn. Must. Practice.

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
This is a dumb question, but I have the season pass on XB, how do I get scorpion?

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

JoshVanValkenburg posted:

This is a dumb question, but I have the season pass on XB, how do I get scorpion?

Check the Downloads/Extra Content section in the Bonus main menu area. Look for the 0 cost Scorpion download or the Containment Suit Update.

I downloaded the suit update prior to the official release and it came with Scorpion which ultimately didn't require me to even download him directly.

Barring that you can always check the Injustice marketplace.

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
FUCKKKKKKKKK http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-US/Product/Compat-Pack-3-Containment-Suit-Doomsday-Skin/239a7c2b-dad1-47be-aaf5-6fc98aaf1baa

looks like I will be waiting till Tuesday for the sweet sweet GETOVERHERES.

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

and then it hit me."

If anyone wants to play some 1v1 sets on PSN, I'm on right now (PSN is ShadowNinja64). I'll just be chilling in training, so send me an invite. I'll probably jump around between a few characters, but if there's someone in particular you want me to use and I know how to use them then we can do that, too.

Hail Mr. Satan!
Oct 3, 2009

by zen death robot
After having him in the environment for a week I loving hate Scorpion. Having such a fast opposite side teleport attack is problematic in a btb game. Pressing down in a quarter second consistently is a lot harder than pressing block.

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

and then it hit me."

Zombiesrock, I saw your friend request and invite, but Krad got to me first. I'll play a few more with him and then switch over, probably.

nunsexmonkrock
Apr 13, 2008
No problem! I wandered off to dance by myself. I'll be around though.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

A Fancy Bloke posted:

After having him in the environment for a week I loving hate Scorpion. Having such a fast opposite side teleport attack is problematic in a btb game. Pressing down in a quarter second consistently is a lot harder than pressing block.

How so? I'm not trying to be pretentious here by the way.

The reason I ask is because pressing down will block ground and air teleport punch regardless of which direction Scorpion is coming at you from.

rawdog pozfail
Jan 2, 2006

by Ralp
I find myself accidentally holding diagonal instead of down (with my stick) all the loving time against Scorpion. I mostly just chalk it up to being terrible, though.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Holy Calamity! posted:

I find myself accidentally holding diagonal instead of down (with my stick) all the loving time against Scorpion. I mostly just chalk it up to being terrible, though.

No I think it's just a carry over from a lot of other fighting games where down-back would normally be a crouch block.

(edit: you're not terrible is what I'm telling you)

If that's the reason then I can relate.

But really though, after some focused practice pressing down should just be as easy to do as pressing away from your opponent.

AndyElusive fucked around with this message at 19:47 on Jun 9, 2013

WarEternal
Dec 26, 2010

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!
You know what really makes people angry when you're playing Scoprion? J3 cancelled into teleport punch :dance:

nunsexmonkrock
Apr 13, 2008

Holy Calamity! posted:

You still haven't called me! :gooncamp:

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

and then it hit me."

Good games, Krad. Your Batman is solid and your Scorpion seems to be getting there (you're a bit reckless with his unsafe stuff), and I was having trouble adjusting to the latency between us. Dropped way too many combos and punishes like d1s instead of Lifts with GL after blocked Scorp teleport or dropping the hard knockdown ender on the Flash combos. It was still fun, though!

Edit: I sent Zombiesrock a match invite, if you're still interested.

Krad
Feb 4, 2008

Touche

Shadow Ninja 64 posted:

Good games, Krad. Your Batman is solid and your Scorpion seems to be getting there (you're a bit reckless with his unsafe stuff), and I was having trouble adjusting to the latency between us. Dropped way too many combos and punishes like d1s instead of Lifts with GL after blocked Scorp teleport or dropping the hard knockdown ender on the Flash combos. It was still fun, though!

Edit: I sent Zombiesrock a match invite, if you're still interested.

Thanks, good games man. I could tell you were dropping stuff left and right, I'm not from the US so I understand it was probably a bit tough. :shobon:

I do need to practice more with Scorpion and getting used to his MB teleport so I stop being so reckless like you said. Those last few seconds of the last match were hysterical.

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

and then it hit me."

Oh wow, for you not being from the US, that was way better than I would have expected connection wise.

Also yeah, I was kicking myself for dropping my air gunshot at the end there.

nunsexmonkrock
Apr 13, 2008
Good games, need a smoke, almost had your Flash once! How did you deal with all those missions for his costume. I got pissed off just completing half of them at 1 star. Ha ha

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

and then it hit me."

nunsexmonkrock posted:

Good games, need a smoke, almost had your Flash once! How did you deal with all those missions for his costume. I got pissed off just completing half of them at 1 star. Ha ha

I pretty much had insomnia a couple nights and so I tortured myself with them. They were mostly an unfun experience, but the costume is nice.

nunsexmonkrock
Apr 13, 2008
Krad still on? I don't think I played you yet.

Krad
Feb 4, 2008

Touche

nunsexmonkrock posted:

Krad still on? I don't think I played you yet.

Sure, hit me up. I'm Gasti24.

nunsexmonkrock
Apr 13, 2008
^^^ I hate Grundy! Ha ha.

Cool after this match I just started.

nunsexmonkrock fucked around with this message at 20:35 on Jun 9, 2013

nunsexmonkrock
Apr 13, 2008
Good games. I think I'm finally starting to understand what to do with Scorpions teleport d2 seems to hit nicely if I time it right.

Krad
Feb 4, 2008

Touche

nunsexmonkrock posted:

Good games. I think I'm finally starting to understand what to do with Scorpions teleport d2 seems to hit nicely if I time it right.

You could probably get a full combo with WW after that d2. Still, you need to do stuff other than turtling against scorpion.

checkstock
Dec 18, 2011
Does anyone here actually still play on Xbox anymore?

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
PS3 goon room.exe.bat #goonsamongus
:getin:

Jmcrofts
Jan 7, 2008

just chillin' in the club
Lipstick Apathy

gannyGrabber posted:

PS3 goon room.exe.bat #goonsamongus
:getin:

I'M COMIN

nunsexmonkrock
Apr 13, 2008
I'll be there but will have to pop off once in a while to check my lunch to make sure I don't burn it to a cinder.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

checkstock posted:

Does anyone here actually still play on Xbox anymore?

There's a bunch of Xbox goons who play Injustice all the time. I could rattle at least six names off the top of my head.

checkstock
Dec 18, 2011

AndyElusive posted:

There's a bunch of Xbox goons who play Injustice all the time. I could rattle at least six names off the top of my head.

Every time I see someone on my friends list in Injustice and not in a KoTH, I never get any response and I have very, very little interest in full KoTH or Survivor rooms.

I guess a better question is there anyone on Xbox interested in beating up a bad player in 1v1s?

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

checkstock posted:

Every time I see someone on my friends list in Injustice and not in a KoTH, I never get any response and I have very, very little interest in full KoTH or Survivor rooms.

I guess a better question is there anyone on Xbox interested in beating up a bad player in 1v1s?

You never ask me for 1v1s when I'm home or playing. :smith:

Fingers McLongDong
Nov 30, 2005

not eromenos
Fun Shoe

checkstock posted:

I hate waiting to play so I usually don't do koth. I'll play when I'm on, I'll be on tonight around 11 if You want to play. GT is FingersMLD

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

and then it hit me."

Dammit, Krad's Batman got me again. Also I didn't actually realize that Survivor was a thing. I guess that was cool.

In other news, Northwest Majors V is going on, and although it isn't for a few hours, the Top 8 for Injustice will be at 4:30 PM PST on https://www.twitch.tv/TeamKhaos

NWM Top 8:

Winners:
OBS TrevarThePastor (Superman)
STB|Kevin 7 (Batman)
Reggie (Doomsday)
Joey Classic (Batgirl)

Losers:
Heaton (Deathstroke)
Collin LG (Black Adam, Green Lantern)
STB|McNasty (Wonder Woman)
Saul C (Batgirl)

Interesting character variety, with the only repeat being Batgirl. No Scorpion, but he probably was banned due to non-Season Pass people not having him yet.

HellCopter
Feb 9, 2012
College Slice
ban scorpion

A full KoTH room and I don't think anybody's figured out how to deal with him.

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
gently caress scorpion in his loving boney face. Holy poo poo. Everything I have ever learned about this game has failed me in my most desperate moment.

There is just no way to block that tele on reaction, which means it is never safe to hold back, which means that once he's in range for his j3 which has incredibly high hit priority and a giant sweeping hitbox you are just screwed. I don't even know what to believe in anymore.

E: Krad/Gasti is 58-4 with that guy. God drat.

Krad
Feb 4, 2008

Touche

HellCopter posted:

ban scorpion

A full KoTH room and I don't think anybody's figured out how to deal with him.

Hold down? :shobon:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

and then it hit me."

A lot of characters can neutral jump or back jump the teleport, too.

• Locked thread