Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Raar_Im_A_Dinosaur
Mar 16, 2006

GOOD LUCK!!
Hey does anyone know what episode has the guys explaining how a CO leak almost killed them in ep 89? The discussion about 89 made me listen to the whole ep, and a thing I had forgotten was how, much earlier in the ep, they both talk about how they're both feeling dizzy and sick, and consider a gas leak, but Jonathan dismisses it because he didn't smell anything when he came in. Too bad CO is odorless.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nub
Jul 20, 2009

Keep talking.

Raar_Im_A_Dinosaur posted:

Hey does anyone know what episode has the guys explaining how a CO leak almost killed them in ep 89? The discussion about 89 made me listen to the whole ep, and a thing I had forgotten was how, much earlier in the ep, they both talk about how they're both feeling dizzy and sick, and consider a gas leak, but Jonathan dismisses it because he didn't smell anything when he came in. Too bad CO is odorless.

It was like a year later, I want to say in the 130s or 140s, not long after they kicked all the videographers and groupies out.

Brinstar Brew
Aug 8, 2007

Who's the guy in the Victorian diving apparatus?

It's episode 144, or at 15m02s of this youtube

a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer
Did they not enjoy doing the filmed episodes? Because I sure wish they'd do more of them.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

Did Johnathan stop by a 1920's prison to pick up that shirt on his way to Denver? :v:

niethan
Nov 22, 2005

Don't be scared, homie!
Jon looks so fat hahah

nub
Jul 20, 2009

Keep talking.
Why did he bother with that pillow?

Jeff Wiiver
Jul 13, 2007

a starwar betamax posted:

Did they not enjoy doing the filmed episodes? Because I sure wish they'd do more of them.

IIRC it was test video for a possible HBO project that never panned out.

Raar_Im_A_Dinosaur
Mar 16, 2006

GOOD LUCK!!

nub posted:

It was like a year later, I want to say in the 130s or 140s, not long after they kicked all the videographers and groupies out.

Brinstar Brew posted:

It's episode 144, or at 15m02s of this youtube

awesome, thanks. Scary to think we could have lost our boys so soon into their dancecast

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

This reminds me of the episode where Jonathan talks about how funny it would be if it turned out he was a giant black man with his voice.

"And in that scenario, who would I be?"
"You would be

...you would be a woman."

Zeeco
Jan 4, 2012

JethroMcB posted:

"And in that scenario, who would I be?"
"You would be

...you would be a woman."

Who's that crazy lady with Jonathan? She's got a great bum.

dvorak
Sep 11, 2003

WARNING: Temporal rift detected!
J-Dog better get moving on that Dog Dressing, because he let the hosting run out again.

Half of Dracula
Oct 24, 2008

Perhaps the same could be

Zeeco posted:

Who's that crazy lady with Jonathan? She's got a great bum.

A great... bum

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

A real bum or a seth-bum?

Stocking
Jul 24, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f6ra7_M9LXw vernon reids shirt...

Raar_Im_A_Dinosaur
Mar 16, 2006

GOOD LUCK!!
hey ya'll, Ima step out. If you need me, I'll be in the crub making it lain

Raar_Im_A_Dinosaur fucked around with this message at 03:43 on Jun 12, 2013

Pompous Rhombus
Mar 11, 2007
I love the way Seth says "grampuh".

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

I'm more impressed his shirt actually shipped than that he ordered one in the first place.

Walka Blocka Shame
Apr 30, 2006

This is fine
Doctor Rope
There was a short golden age of merch when Jonathan's mom was taking care of it all.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat
I love that design, if I knew I'd get a shirt I'd definitely get one like that.

CortezFantastic
Aug 10, 2003

I SEE DEMONS
I started listening around the time they had the anchor shirt. They haven't released many since. :(

dvorak
Sep 11, 2003

WARNING: Temporal rift detected!
Didn't Jonathan mention that he actually kind of knows Vernon Reid? I think he's a customer at the music store he works at or something.

david carmichael
Oct 28, 2011

Thank you.

Boatswain
May 29, 2012

I know I'm late to the party but holy poo poo now I see it.

Also, my girl printed her own UYD tee for my birthday which was pretty awesome.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat
The Denver episode is up, pretty good so far and based on the applause it sounds like there's a ton of people there.

Also, Hip-Hop/Country Song of the Week makes a return, and Horse-Weed-Mind's Eye too!

C-Euro fucked around with this message at 20:37 on Jun 12, 2013

im a girl btw
Jan 15, 2004

Wow that place sounds packed.

Seth also seems a lot more comfortable than in previous live shows which is kinda cool.

im a girl btw fucked around with this message at 00:01 on Jun 13, 2013

SeventhSeven
Jun 28, 2009
They ran out of shirts at the show and the nice merch folks were like "oh you can buy them on the website"... I thought.... Uhhh... No dude.

I was at both Seattle and Denver... Seth carried Denver... Jah carried Seattle. Denver room seemed to almost turn on the guys a couple times... I want to see if the audio reflects that.

Seattle was 2-3x bigger and louder... Both shows had Tourette's sufferers yelling out random poo poo... Awkwardly.

I have a bunch more photos but feel like I'm turning into an unofficial stalker or something... Maybe I'll post my favs, which include close-ups of our heroes' awesome footwear.

Pro-stalker tip: Seth appears to wears Jordans. What else did you expect?

crimedog
Apr 1, 2008

Yo, dog.
You dead, dog.
Episode 234 : Privacy with consent, ejaculate is best.

The Wiggly Wizard
Aug 21, 2008

SeventhSeven posted:

yelling out random poo poo... Awkwardly.

Everybody's gotta chime in

Jeff Wiiver
Jul 13, 2007

The Wiggly Wizard posted:

Everybody's gotta chime in
I don't understand why but they do. Seth and Jonathan just ignore them but they never seem to get the hint.

Pretend Squirrel
Sep 18, 2009
I was at the Denver show. There was one dude in particular who yelled poo poo the entire time ("You are filled with poison" "loving liar" + some other poo poo. All the same dude.) but other than that the crowd was mostly cool. I met both the guys after the show which was pretty surreal. Jonathan said they sold out Denver which was about 400 people, pretty much on par with Seattle. He also said they want to do Chicago or Austin next.

kidsam
Aug 12, 2007

YES

SeventhSeven posted:

Denver room seemed to almost turn on the guys a couple times... I want to see if the audio reflects that.

Pretend Squirrel posted:

There was one dude in particular who yelled poo poo the entire time ("You are filled with poison" "loving liar" + some other poo poo. All the same dude.)

I haven't listened to the ep yet so I don't know if theres context to this but whats Denvers deal?
Is there a particular part of 376 that upset the crowd or was it just a few lone crazies trying to be heard?

Pretend Squirrel
Sep 18, 2009

kidsam posted:

I haven't listened to the ep yet so I don't know if theres context to this but whats Denvers deal?
Is there a particular part of 376 that upset the crowd or was it just a few lone crazies trying to be heard?

I think it was mostly just people shouting so they can hear themselves on the recording later. I don't think the room was ever on the verge of Turning On Them, it was just people shouting responses to poo poo that didn't warrant it. It wasn't even really that big of a deal, there were a couple moments where it was like "all right, gently caress off dude" but it was a great show and everyone had fun. Not a negative vibe or anything. Seth and Jonathan hung out up front until every single person who wanted to meet them or get a picture had the chance.

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

Pretend Squirrel posted:

I was at the Denver show. There was one dude in particular who yelled poo poo the entire time ("You are filled with poison" "loving liar" + some other poo poo. All the same dude.) but other than that the crowd was mostly cool. I met both the guys after the show which was pretty surreal. Jonathan said they sold out Denver which was about 400 people, pretty much on par with Seattle. He also said they want to do Chicago or Austin next.

Oh god, I would drop money for a Chicago live show so fast.

nub
Jul 20, 2009

Keep talking.

Pretend Squirrel posted:

I was at the Denver show. There was one dude in particular who yelled poo poo the entire time ("You are filled with poison" "loving liar" + some other poo poo. All the same dude.) but other than that the crowd was mostly cool.

Man I thought they felt really off on the recording; Denver is probably the worst of all the live shows on first listen. Hey Denver, are you cool? If it's all the same dude, somebody step up and regulate. What would you do?

SeventhSeven
Jun 28, 2009
Yeah I felt that way too... Denver was a tough room. I was close to the dude yelling and it was actually pretty disturbing....

Having a guy yell "you are all liars!" And "you are full of poison!!!" At the top of his lungs.... Only to then stare forward like nothing happened... Wasn't cool. I sincerely was watching that dude the rest of the show, carefully. I really felt that he was about to "regulate" in a larger way .... Call me paranoid but that's just Not cool or normal.

Another fun moment was when a woman decided to let us all in on her daddy issues... "Yeah we are all afraid of our fathers". Uhh.... Hey... We cool?

There is no way that these these things didn't affect the guys.

I guess with podcasts it's easy to consider yourself part of the discussion ... Maybe too easy.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat

Pretend Squirrel posted:

He also said they want to do Chicago or Austin next.

gently caress yes, I'll be living in Chicago for a few years starting this weekend and would drag everyone I know to a UYD show up there.

a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer
Was the guy yelling "You're liars!" in response to something?

Lil Jon Galt
May 22, 2002

IS A MAN NOT ENTITLED TO THE SWEAT DROP DOWN MY BALLS?

a starwar betamax posted:

Was the guy yelling "You're liars!" in response to something?

Joe Wilson is really desperate these days, in these tough economic times

Lil Jon Galt fucked around with this message at 16:00 on Jun 13, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raar_Im_A_Dinosaur
Mar 16, 2006

GOOD LUCK!!
Why do people ever think anything they have to yell at a show is worth anything? They will never ever be funny and should just realize that all they're doing is heckling. God that poo poo drives me and any other performer loving INSANE. Stand there and watch the loving show, that's what you paid for. Goddamnit, I hope they have nightmares about spiders in their eyes.