Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

emanresu tnuocca
Sep 2, 2011

by Athanatos
I think that the first season is on par or possibly better than the first book but the second one and particularly the third one really can't compare. All the idiots in the babby thread going "The prose is bad :smug:, might as well enjoy a botched version of the story without all the BAD PROSE" are mental children.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mythicknight
Jan 28, 2009

my thick night

Josh Lyman posted:

The pain of waiting 10 months for just the beginning of a resolution :negative:

Heh.

Woodpile
Mar 30, 2013
10 months of agony waiting for the next installment? My stars! 10 months ... sounds like hell. It really does.

gently caress that poo poo.

nuncle jimbo
Apr 3, 2009

:pcgaming:

baby thread posted:

Funny, that last shot made a big impression on me.

My exact words were "Westeros is hosed."

What she was doing in the adoring crowd isn't the point, that shots point was the massive scale of the utterly loyal followers she has amassed around her. She has followers in numbers to rival most any city in Westeros and all of them 1000% more loyal to their "lord".

This scene served a different purpose than the march earlier in the season. That was a display of martial power, this was a display of love of connection to her new people.

Poor bastards. I hope those people like terrible Iraq allusions as well as I do

Oberst posted:

/\/\/\/\/\
Dont forget building a huge rear end fleet and having it promptly stolen

In Kawalimus' defense, he does have better things to do; like looking at birds

dude don't go crossing the streams. keep footbaw poster gossip out of my nerd scat fanfiction thread

nuncle jimbo fucked around with this message at 05:17 on Jun 10, 2013

Oberst
May 24, 2010

Fertilizing threads since 2010

nuncle jimbo posted:

Poor bastards. I hope those people like terrible Iraq allusions as well as I do

dude don't go crossing the streams. keep footbaw poster gossip out of my nerd scat fanfiction thread

Sorry, just emulating my hero, the GURM

:grrm:

Voodoo
Jun 3, 2003

m2sbr what
I honestly thought we were going to get something cool at the end of the episode. Instead we got Dany talking to slaves. HBO and GRRM just trolled me.

I am the summer child. You gotta be shittin' me (dany pun)

edit: just saw this exchange on facebook

quote:

Screw it I'm buying the books
Reply 1: No way. Too long!
Reply 2: Way too many books and a lot of chapters! Just have to wait till next season. (Hated this last episode)

quote:

I know and I hate reading. But tonight pissed me off. Don't go from Ned dying, to dragons to a check crowd surfing we get it people like her. I hope Joffery kills her in the first episode! Sorry I'm a little salty.

Fresh salty tears are delicious

Voodoo fucked around with this message at 05:42 on Jun 10, 2013

Azure_Horizon
Mar 27, 2010

by Reene

emanresu tnuocca posted:

I think that the first season is on par or possibly better than the first book but the second one and particularly the third one really can't compare. All the idiots in the babby thread going "The prose is bad :smug:, might as well enjoy a botched version of the story without all the BAD PROSE" are mental children.

This is basically it. And it'll only get worse during the long wait until season 4.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012
I wonder how many chapters GRRM will finish between now and the season 4 debut. He can along do the press circuit so long with this much hype and marketing before people really start to turn against him.

If he shows up on Conan in 2014 still talking about TWoW being 1500 pages I'm pretty sure he'll just get angry stares.

Urdnot Fire
Feb 13, 2012

I'm kinda glad we didn't get Stoneheart at the end, it needs to come way out of left-field. Besides, we got Robb Wind and more Walder/Roose hilarity, and isn't that what really matters?

pentyne posted:

I wonder how many chapters GRRM will finish between now and the season 4 debut. He can along do the press circuit so long with this much hype and marketing before people really start to turn against him.

If he shows up on Conan in 2014 still talking about TWoW being 1500 pages I'm pretty sure he'll just get angry stares.
"I wrote [The Winds of Winter] too big!" - The American Tolkien

v Maybe they've also heard samples of the sex scenes.

Urdnot Fire fucked around with this message at 06:42 on Jun 10, 2013

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?
Have all these :effort: readers not heard of audio books? You could bang this series out in like a week.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

mythicknight posted:

So tonight we might get Coldhands, ARE getting RobbWind, and maybe UnCat if they want to go balls out.

Coldhands will be replaced by more sex savant Pod.

It's embarrassing how accurate this post was.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012
You know, it occurs to me there really is no effective way for the show to show how Freys start dying left and right after the Red Wedding other then some character outright stating "Its unusual, since the Red Wedding over a dozen of Walder's family have mysteriously died."

And forget the 3 meat pies:3 Freys scene, that's too much "subtext" for the TV crowd.

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe
Asha's care for her babby brother is the most heartwarming tear-jerking poo poo in this awful series. I know this post doesn't go in the telly thread and it probably goes best in the spoiler thread but drat.

kcroy
May 30, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo

that's actually some pretty sloppy knife work - I think that baby is protecting her vital organs. I mean would it have killed that frey to put one in her chest for good measure?

Wangsucker 69
Feb 7, 2004

Shut up, you old bat.
I'm really pretty glad that GRRM will die before this series is finished because I can't imagine him ending it in any sort of satisfying fashion.

Sexgun Rasputin
May 5, 2013

by Ralp

(and can't post for 649 days!)

syscall girl posted:

Asha's care for her babby brother is the most heartwarming tear-jerking poo poo in this awful series. I know this post doesn't go in the telly thread and it probably goes best in the spoiler thread but drat.

It's ok to talk about the show in here, it's not like there will ever be another book to discuss.

I liked the episode a lot and thought Dany's crowdsurfing and the dick in the box was pretty baller. I like that Sansa and Tyrion get to have a rapport, that's sweet. Sansa only has that one thing she does in the books where she gets tormented and then someone gives her hope and then she gets tormented again. They've given Sansa all kinds of allies and buddies and it seems like she's actually doing something instead of just being a ball that's passed around by various sadistic and untrustworthy fuckers.

I'm disappointed that we don't get to see what kind of :downs: speculation the babbies would've driven themselves to in the hiatus had ZomCat made an appearance.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

kcroy posted:

that's actually some pretty sloppy knife work - I think that baby is protecting her vital organs. I mean would it have killed that frey to put one in her chest for good measure?

I think bleeding out because their entire abdomen is now mush and speed holes is a reasonably effective way to kill someone.

kcroy
May 30, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo

Aurain posted:

I think bleeding out because their entire abdomen is now mush and speed holes is a reasonably effective way to kill someone.

all he stabbed was the babby.

pentyne posted:

You know, it occurs to me there really is no effective way for the show to show how Freys start dying left and right after the Red Wedding

bad assed 80's montage, with White Wedding playing in the background, oh oh oh or the Godfather Baptism montage, while they slowly walk one captive frey towards stonecat. They could end an episode with it. Oh oh oooowait or they could be playing the rains o castamere the whole time, and the LAST GUY TO DIE is the harper playing the music, cut off mid lyric, his lute crashing to the ground and lady stonetits laughing through her throathole.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

4000 Dollar Suit posted:

So I guess Ned and Roose both had bastard sons from a member of the Snow family?

The baby thread are so great :allears:

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?

Aurain posted:

The baby thread are so great :allears:

For gently caress's sake, babbies.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Stop saying babby.

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?
How about bubbie?

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

If you think that, along the way, you're not going to fail... you're blind.

There's no one I've ever met, no matter how successful they are, who hasn't said they had their failures along the way.

Does the show even say how bastards are named?

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

The tv thread is loving funny with those spoiler avs. Instead of just playing it off while it's quietly dealt with, about 4 jackasses show up with sirens in their posts warning of "100% true spoilers, if you've seen an av with red text, it was a spoiler, you've been spoiled. It was not fake. Turn avs off btw".

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord

blackshreds posted:

I'm really pretty glad that GRRM will die before this series is finished because I can't imagine him ending it in any sort of satisfying fashion.

It's better if you think of the series as a 17 year long performance art piece.

Woodpile
Mar 30, 2013

Nothus posted:

It's better if you think of the series as a 17 year long performance art piece.

Improvisational jazz: it's the words you don't read that are most important.

Fog Tripper
Mar 3, 2008

by Smythe

Oberst posted:

/\/\/\/\/\
Dont forget building a huge rear end fleet and having it promptly stolen

In Kawalimus' defense, he does have better things to do; like looking at birds

Audiobooks. :colbert:

I wonder if listeners of audiobooks are as babby as watchers of the show.

A GLISTENING HODOR posted:

It's embarrassing how accurate this post was.

I also read his screen name as My Thick Knight. :penis:

Fog Tripper fucked around with this message at 14:10 on Jun 10, 2013

Beef Hardcheese
Jan 21, 2003

HOW ABOUT I LASH YOUR SHIT

Urdnot Fire posted:

I'm kinda glad we didn't get Stoneheart at the end, it needs to come way out of left-field. Besides, we got Robb Wind and more Walder/Roose hilarity, and isn't that what really matters?

If they're going to do Stoneheart, it needs to be at the end of the next season. Joff is dead, Sansa's fled, Tyrion kills Tywin, all hell is breaking loose in King's Landing... The very last scene is in the Riverlands, bizarrely serene and completely unrelated to anything as two Frey boys try to deliver a ransom. And then Michelle Fairley out of loving nowhere, zombied-up, with Frankenstein stitches on her throat, the final shot of the season her glaring up and out at the camera with red eyes of pure hate as she watches the two Freys hang.

Fog Tripper
Mar 3, 2008

by Smythe

Simon Magus Says posted:

The racial subtext of that last scene really skeezed me out.

The full retard doesn't fall far from the tree in tviv.

Also this:

Anonymous Zebra posted:

Awesome season, awesome finale, awesome adaptation. Sorry about D&D not following the expectations you guys spent an entire season building up for, but I did warn you guys last week that you shouldn't try to use your book knowledge to predict the way this adaptation will work. You're not watching the books, you're watching an adaptation based on the books.

The show-only viewers I watch with were pumped as hell after this season. You are letting your book knowledge drag down your enjoyment.

Just when I thought the tviv spoiler thread was worth reading.

Fog Tripper fucked around with this message at 14:39 on Jun 10, 2013

Contra Calculus
Nov 6, 2009

Gravy Boat 2k
We're almost at page 666, guys! :toot:

Hail Satan

mythicknight posted:

So tonight we might get Coldhands, ARE getting RobbWind, and maybe UnCat if they want to go balls out.

Coldhands will be replaced by more sex savant Pod.

I was confused at this until I looked up what you meant

How old is Pod? And if he's as old as I thought he was in the books, this is possibly the gurmiest thing ever put in the show this side of lesbian fisting while Petyr Baelish spouts exposition.

Contra Calculus fucked around with this message at 15:07 on Jun 10, 2013

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

Contra Calculus posted:

possibly the gurmiest thing ever put in the show this side of lesbian ANAL fisting while Petyr Baelish spouts exposition.

:eng101:

This show has standards. Show it some respect.

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

Ninety-one? There are ninety other "Tiger Drivers"? Do any involve actual tigers, or driving?

Fog Tripper posted:

I wonder if listeners of audiobooks are as babby as watchers of the show.
We're chill but fuzzy on timelines. Just don't ask us to spell any Slaver's Bay character names.

Urdnot Fire
Feb 13, 2012

Contra Calculus posted:

I was confused at this until I looked up what you meant

How old is Pod? And if he's as old as I thought he was in the books, this is possibly the gurmiest thing ever put in the show this side of lesbian fisting while Petyr Baelish spouts exposition.
The actor was nine and ten when he was announced for the role, so it's safe to say Pod was aged up like the rest of the children, especially Dany. Fun fact, his actor is the son of Ser Rodrik's actor.

Illinois Smith posted:

We're chill but fuzzy on timelines. Just don't ask us to spell any Slaver's Bay character names.
Also there are many and more shameful boners to be had thanks to Roy Dotrice's voices.

rypakal
Oct 31, 2012

He also cooks the food of his people

Contra Calculus posted:

The actor is 21. I don't think he's pulling off a 10 year old very well, so I think he's supposed to be 18ish.

Illinois Smith posted:

"Ducksauce"

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!
That episode made it realllllly look like some shits about to happen :lol:

Contra Calculus
Nov 6, 2009

Gravy Boat 2k

A GLISTENING HODOR posted:

:eng101:

This show has standards. Show it some respect.

Oh of course. Speaking of which I wonder if Season 6 or whatever Season ADWD is filmed in will just consist of everyone anally fisting each other while the POV character spouts exposition... That may or may not have made ADWD a more enjoyable book.

Urdnot Fire posted:

The actor was nine and ten when he was announced for the role, so it's safe to say Pod was aged up like the rest of the children, especially Dany. Fun fact, his actor is the son of Ser Rodrik's actor.

I still say it's gurmy because Pod's 12 in the books, but I guess since the actor is 19, that's hardly the gurmiest thing to come out of this show.

Fog Tripper
Mar 3, 2008

by Smythe
From the worst of the worst thread:

Novum posted:

I suppose I expected things to be more compelling for the season finale. Is there a preview of season 4 stuff yet or is that something we'll be seeing in like 7 months?

Previews are AOK, you see...

Also: brown people chat.

Edit: And the slow low rumble of Dany fans growing impatient. This is like watching a piece of fruit rot and mold begin to grow. Such is the poo poo that Dany's plot becomes. Seeing them slowly build up hatred for Dany's plot arc is more enjoyable to me than the RW.

Fog Tripper fucked around with this message at 15:45 on Jun 10, 2013

The Rat
Aug 29, 2004

You will find no one to help you here. Beth DuClare has been dissected and placed in cryonic storage.

Edit: this is amazing: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xbEhByk4Icg

The Rat fucked around with this message at 16:19 on Jun 10, 2013

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
I just got to the part of Sophia's intellectual thread for smart geniuses where the Mensa grad students of posting are suggesting that Jon Snow being shot in the leg with an arrow is a reference to Skyrim.

I can't possibly muster an exasperated sigh deep enough to express how much I hate video game people.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fog Tripper
Mar 3, 2008

by Smythe

"I met a lady who has demons in her vag"

Poetry